/ovg/ - 1988 F1 Edition

Reminder that we have servers with the DRM mod for rF1 and F1 1988 mod for rF2 running for testing a potential upcoming series. More info on the doc

Previous Thread: (checked)

Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gr2WI1iUvCU
studio-397.com/2016/12/release-of-build-1108
1fichier.com/?hvkc03lg0p
youtube.com/watch?v=gzOnAJrmInY
youtube.com/watch?v=pkm-IPzaWzE
lfs.net/patch-6q
lfs.net/forum
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Reminder that we have servers with the DRM mod for rF1 and F1 1988 mod for rF2 running for testing a potential upcoming series. More info on the doc

Also testing a multiclass series with the Nissan GTR GT1 and the Honda Civic BTCC for rFactor 2 in the WAT: Touring Test server.

Are we going to do anything this saturday as a christmas eve special?

Christmas eve 2 laps of targo florio in cars that don't blow their engines half way through one lap when?

People are busy on Christmas Eve dude.

>having a life
fucking loser

Something involving boxmasters and a figure 8 with ramps and a fire pit in the middle probably. And probably turnleft superspeedways again.

Are you intentionally trying to come up with the dumbest ideas possible

You don't need a life to be busy on Christmas Eve

But Jizzus posts on the 26th, not 24th.

Thank you for a suggestion that you feel would be better.

People did oval racing last year, I don't see why we shouldn't do something this year too.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gr2WI1iUvCU

Not him, but, here's an idea.
BTCC
Short tracks only, preferably english
reverse grids
The easy cars + short tracks means the skill gap will not be so apparent, and if the track is small, people will be packed together and have battles with each other.

Snow nordscheleife, with trophy trucks and no track limits. What could go wrong?

Normie gtfo

see
If you want BTCC just race BTCC don't shit it up with a GT1 car that should never be on the same track.

HERE WE GO

studio-397.com/2016/12/release-of-build-1108

>The safety car is now set to ‘non-collidable’ by default – testing has shown this can help avoid certain oval-related caution situations in which the safety car has trouble weaving its way to the front of the field.

I see half the field was busy with its masturbation break.

By the way this is why staggered pacing is your friend.

Pic is USGP Detriot not Monaco.

>Fixed the multiview gizmo that allows you to enter your triple screen configuration. It now saves and remembers asymmetrical monitor configuration parameters.
Wait did they actually add multiview options besides 3 screens at 45 degrees at some point?

Yeah just realized that aswell. Didn't pay attention to it because the original image title said it was from monaco, so I just assumed it was correct

>Removed the option to disable HDR.
but why

It didnt work afaik

just btfo some normies on an AppleTV®

You could edit that from the .plr.

Overscan is disgusting

is that real money

no but it's real fame

how much fame to be elite?

1fichier.com/?hvkc03lg0p

New AC DLC.

Your loss.
APPID is 540711

it's ogre

LFSP is ded ;_;

porsche server with the new pack

WAT: Masturbating at porsches

Pass is 4ch

here we go

Did you actually just buy rFactor 1/2 from the website when it's literally like half the price on Steam?

You have to transfer your rfactor 2 license to steam, retard

Realised that as I posted, I'll show myself out.

you got a link to the dream pack 2?

How do I stop games from over-centering my wheel and sending it spiraling out of control

can't find the server when i seach WAT

add locked servers

ah cheers

got links for porsche pack 1 and 2?

ask in mumble for the link

That's a limitation of low torque ffb wheels: when the wheel gains high speed, the motor can't put enough torque to stop it immediately.
You can't do much, try to lower in game ffb % while giving more % to the force in the control panel so the wheel won't gain much speed from in game calculations and the motor will be able to use all the power set up in the control panel (remember that for most commercial wheels, 80% and 100% give circa the same max output torque, what changes is the linearity).

Assetto.Corsa.Porsche-RELOADED

ovg presents: The absolute madmen in porsches

>online opponent wheels are still glued to the ground

WHERES THE SOCCER MOM RACE

In the backround

The 911 GT3 cup is pretty good

But the 917 K is also real good.

[synthwave intensifies]

>[synthwave intensifies]
what did he meme by this

Where was the Testarossa and neon lights?
0/Synth would not have nostalgia for a decade I didn't live in again

Came to post this ;_;

The GTR GT1 is the main appeal. For those that can't handle it or don't care for the car, they can still participate on Saturdays but would drive the Civic.

Yeah because what people who are struggling or uninterested really want is to be made a designated rolling chicane.

a bloo bloo bloo. The Civics can still run at a decent pace and aren't that much of rolling road blocks. Newer drivers can learn to drive with others in a low pressure environment. If you don't want to race them, don't show up or make your own hug box series. Civics are there as an option to include more people.

>to include more people
as if more than 5 people will race in this garbo series, lol

do you play this on a controller pad? If so, how well does it handle?

stop whining you fucking loser. you would never show up to a single race we do in anything anyway

>being this mad cause you spun yourself out in legends

I dont' see the appeal of mixing GT with BTCC.
The action is completely different.
BTCC allows for contact, more compact racing in short circuits.
GT calls for less contact, higher speed circuits.

For a sort of mix of both, but without the inconvenience of running different shit, instead of mixing the series, just go for DTM, or even V8s.

We've been racing GTs almost every "season" too, something not GT would be fun. The AE86s seemed like fun for example.

Well with hopefully shorter tracks in the schedule the GTRs would come up on the Civics many times per race, which would make the racing more interesting such as allowing the trailing GTR to use the Civic as a pick etc. Though I agree it should only be 1 class if the participation number is low enough.

Or we do like that cat and mouse game mode in Horizon 1: the Civics race, each Civic has a GTR team mate and that team mate's job is to make sure the Civic wins

Sounds fun

>waaaaaah stop criticizing so much
reddit is that way
kys

Any interest in a small fh3 winter meet
show up, do like 4 races and thats it

was thinking b class fwd

Do A class RWD so I can use my Ford Capri

well thats one person interested.
if i can get6-8 people interested then ill start collecting gamertags and set a time

>calling out a dumb nigger with a useless opinion is reddit

I found it in the revision archive lads. Before one of the unwanted thread autists that we've rightfully scared off deleted it that is.

MONSTER AUTISM Cup when?

I think we need to either "finish" the TRUK mod or give the ISI cars less HP to make it more manageable for us crappy drivers

We do have a lot more tracks to pick and choose from this time around.

>lowering the horsepower
Nah dude get some throttle control. Everyone that participated in turnleft s1 could hump it around the ovals just fine anyway. Removing horsepower would cause less mistakes to happen which means less passing opportunities.

Pray4Kraid MX-5 Memorial Trophy when

SUPERSPEEDWAYS AND STABLE INTERNET CONNECTIONS WHEN

because all we used were relatively fast ovals

if we had bristol or martinsville it would be a disaster (see watkins glen)

I'm in though I'm 8ogc

I get the idea, but I feel that if someone joins with the Civic and then finds out he's the only one using it or he heavily outpaces the few other Civics in the grid that this person will either switch to the GTR or leave the server entirely, at which point there might as well only be one choice.
Though pretty unlikely, it could even happen the other way around. Many people deciding to drive the Civic for whatever reason and the GTR being lonely/bored which would probably lead to either changing cars or leaving the server.

's idea sounds more interesting to me, though we would need to figure out teamsizes aswell as having the difficulty of getting just the right amount of people on the server to allow for balanced teams

I'd definitely be down for the '88 F1 cars aswell as for and for random pick up races if we could figure out an easy way to suggest car/track combos for the server owners to put up.

reminds me of something we used to have here in huezil, it was called "Destruction Derby"

We'd split off in 4 man teams, 3 of which are "bodyguards" and their goal is to make their other car, the "VIP", be the first amongst the other VIPs in the race. Of course, as you might imagine, crashing is more than allowed, its encouraged.

However VIPs cannot crash each other, they have to race fairly amongst themselves. VIPs can crash Bodyguards though.

So all the above + N2003's hilarous collision physics and you get this youtube.com/watch?v=gzOnAJrmInY

Its literally the most fun anyone can have in a sim

tomthy managed 2nd in the championship, they must not be hard to drive

>that song starts playing
>realize that song is now 10 years old
>remember playing NFS:MW and Burnout Revenge with a friend while listening to Killswitch Engage and other metal bands

I didn't expect these feels

The Xbox 360 is 11 years old too

Why can't proper racing sims look and sound this good?
youtube.com/watch?v=pkm-IPzaWzE

Because tyre model version 10

Because realistic mirror simulation lfs.net/patch-6q

>muh v8

>the only reason they're able to do that without throwing performance down the shitter is because the graphics are so crap mirrors aren't complicated to render
mesmerizing

>mfw devs actually think these are selling points

like seriously, are all sim racing devs mentally retarded or something?

>waiting for RF2 to load

Ok Autism I know you're reading this
Can you do a post on your stupid blog about the hueposting on lfs.net/forum since LFSP shut down thanks

they make game for mentally retarded people so probably

Holy lel this is hilarious

it really doesnt matter but interest seems limited so idk if it'll happen

It shouldn't be nearly as difficult anyway. That track had terrible grip in the first place. And besides, /ovg/ isn't "bad at driving" despite what some orange haired mentally ill children may tell you.