/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups promising MP, be sure it's a shit group known for organizing raids and posting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, December 23rd:
558 – Chlothar I is crowned King of the Franks.
962 – Arab–Byzantine wars: Under the future Emperor Nicephorus Phocas, Byzantine troops storm the city of Aleppo.
1970 – The Democratic Republic of the Congo officially becomes a one-party state.
1990 – History of Slovenia: In a referendum, 88.5% of Slovenia's overall electorate vote for independence from Yugoslavia.

>News
CK2 DD35: Who ordered these monks?
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dd-35-who-ordered-these-monks.989846/

EU4 - 13/12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-13th-of-december-2016.988299/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pzAtdu0mslo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nop

not white and not based.

hey guys rate my byzantium

roman/10

That's a nice Russian Empire tbqh.

Yes. This is a video game.

t. grandpa

yes

>cigarettes aren't the same as drugs

wew lad

>look up Darkest Hour
>released 2011

I honestly thought it was older than that desu.

neither white nor based

2011 was 6 years ago user....

It's based off HOI2, which is way older.

Honestly for me it still feels like 2012

>2011 was 6 years ago user....
shit you're right

>1990 was 50 years ago

So are there any good Vic2 mods?

youtube.com/watch?v=pzAtdu0mslo

I'm going to bed. If this thread is gone or has less posts than the shitposting thread when I get up I am going to be mildly upset.

>new map of germany
>1870 - 1891
>first class nation
>war 1865

literally my bedroom

Do you own an authentic pickelhaube too? I wonder how much they cost

on sale down to 70 from 90 for the holidays

would you?

>Be babby
>Playing HoI 3 as Yuguslavia
>Finally understand how threat works, finally declare war on Bulgaria
>Pretty succesful invasion, using two full army corps and a cavalry division (so 11 divisions)
>Everything goes smoothly until the gates of Sofya
>Suddenly get my ass kicked on all fronts

I do not even know what I'm doing wrong. I understand how frontage and battle width works, I know to avoid stacking penalties, so what am I even doing wrong?

How come I never hear about EBIN GROSS RUSS?

Russia is the biggest guy there is already

because they hacked america

>Also me
>babby
>HoI4 as US
>Finally realize that the US is a giant factory
>after 1943
>Build Carrier battlegroups
>bathinginjapblood.gif

But what if you make them . . . bigger?

go on

I am not currently driving home for Christmas so I shall take it upon myself to rescue this thread from page 9

Do I stay as Confederation or switch to Argentina?

kys retard

You change to Argentina you munt

page 1 we made it :)

Republic, for dem immigrants

Pls respond.
I wondered if perhaps the problem was a technology gap, but it's fucking Bulgaria. Yuguslavia can't really be that much behind in tech, right? Especially since all my infantry techs are up to date (1938).

The bonuses are still the same, it's just that if I pick Republic, I get Liberty as my national value and I tag swap, whereas if I stay as Confederation, it's the same and I can get some prestige.

Does the Argentinian Republic get more decisions/events?

You are supposed to play Germany in your first game.
There are like a hundred modifiers that go into combat resolution.

Post screens of what you are doing if you want help.

You literally can't be a babby at HoI4. The game doesn't let you.

>You are supposed to play Germany in your first game.
But their army is too big and unwieldy for a babby. I picked Yugoslavia (on the advice of another user) because it's small and managable while still having targets for conquest nearby.

This is what I was doing when I was about to get my ass kicked. Hope it helps.

For added explanation: I tried to encircle Sofya, took the province north of Sofya but couldn't complete the encirclement. Then I used attacks + support attacks to attack Sofya from all sides, and only had a 30% chance or so of winning. I cancelled the attack and then their troops suddenly start kicking mine and driving me back.

I should on paper be able to win this war, right? Then what's going wrong?

>But their army is too big and unwieldy for a babby
That's the point. They have such a good army that you have a lot of leeway and can afford to play far less optimally. I jumped into HoI3 having only read finnbro's guides and playing Germany on my first go was perfect for learning the game.

>I cancelled the attack and then their troops suddenly start kicking mine and driving me back.
Your units took a org hit for losing the battle when you canceled the attack and lost their dig in bonus so in the counter attack you had only the terrain defensive bonus with no organisation.

Urban terrain is the hardest to attack as it provides immense defensive modifiers. To take Sofia you are probably going to have to retreat and regain organisation and then fully encircle the city, pulling those two Northernmost divisons around and leaving those provinces unguarded. If the Bulgarians push in you will be able to cut them off and destroy them once Sofia is dealt with. That will still be difficult though given the urban terrain and I think as their capital it locally produces supply too.

I would really like to stress that playing Germany would be far better for obtaining and understanding of this game and having fun.

Literally epic
Why do we always have two different /gsg/ threads these days?

Thanks bro. I think I'm going to try what you suggested for Bulgaria, and if that doesn't work out I'll play Germany as you suggested.

Even if I fail at taking Bulgaria, I think my Yugoslavia campaign was fruitful enough in teaching me what needed to be taught.