/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, December 23rd:
484 – Huneric dies and is succeeded by his nephew Gunthamund, who becomes king of the Vandals. During his reign Christians are protected from persecution.
1783 – George Washington resigns as commander-in-chief of the Continental Army at the Maryland State House in Annapolis, Maryland.
1914 – World War I: Australian and New Zealand troops arrive in Cairo, Egypt.
1916 – World War I: Battle of Magdhaba – Allied forces defeat Turkish forces in the Sinai Peninsula.
1941 – World War II: After 15 days of fighting, the Imperial Japanese Army occupies Wake Island.

>News
CK2 DD35: Who ordered these monks?
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dd-35-who-ordered-these-monks.989846/

EU4 - 13/12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-13th-of-december-2016.988299/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/user/TolHydra
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

MOSLEY
O
S
L
E
Y

Based

>being so autistic you make a new thread if you don't get the first post

New CK2 expansion WHEN

Absolutely based.

Absolutely fucking based.

So how can institutions be improved?

They shouldn't spread so fast desu
Especially in africa

>7 seconds after OP
When will /gsg/ stop standing for this jewry?

Sweet, sweet butthurt

Was the /gsg/ colony on /soc/ abandoned?

Yes

Sweet, sweet autism

Never played CK2+, is it better than HIP? Alternatively what's a good mod for EU4?

was actually earlier than this thread, it should be considered the current thread. Not this thread just for your fucking memes.

> is it better than HIP?

They are almost the same thing.

>Alternatively what's a good mod for EU4?
There isn't any. Typus is good though.

No it isn't.

I'm not shitting on him for telling people to report shitposters, i'm shitting on him for creating a second thread because his meme didn't get the first post

Protip: If you steamcordplaza faggots didn't get so butthurt that you bump these threads with a dozen "white and based xDxD" posts then it'd simply die.

> 1454445403817.jpg

epic meme

CK2+ is better, HIP is too memey.

MEIOU and BLOAT

yes it is

What did it say?

It's better for pre-1066 starts

t. big_benis

>playing pre-1066
Disgusting

Rate this meme lads

Before they only appeared in europe and it was better

0/10

Milhouse/10

>playing pre-1836
disgusting

i've decided to do a new playthrough and focus completely on military might, i want the biggest levies with sufficient tax to maintain it should i wage war that can last long.

Thinking about going full 7 holding castle in bruggle or something.

Pretty much lost the last playthrough as a scandiavian emperror even with reformed germanic faith (+30% larger levy) a lot of my vassals took an ungodly amount of time to adopt feudalism (despite not needing stone hillfort for AI vassals) to a war with the karlings united francia empire. There wasn't enough mercenaries in the world to save me from this war, i focused on tax, built all cities, had a ton of money, but the fucking karling shit tier stat king scrapped the floor with me because of his overwhelming numbers.

Tips?

What

>railroading

Hire more mercs?

>not knowing how Veeky Forums works
hi newfag

Don't give up if you lose a war.

PROPER THREAD

STOP USING THIS MEME THREAD

The way Veeky Forums works is that we're not supposed to fucking make threads before we hit bump limit or rarely image limit and we're not supposed to engage in thread warfare and we use the first thread posted.

'No'

Based and white, abdullah!

>non R&I thread
Fuck off, mate.

Yeah but you did anyway and people already choose a thread, stop crying about it.

You need to learn to balance stuff.

Why was this post deleted?

So are there any good HoI4 mods?

because he insulted R&I who unironically bought a Veeky Forums gold account

I wish there was a good hoi4 game.

>t. steamcordplaza

That doesn't answer my question.

>Liberal Party

kys

Here's my tip for you, as a Scandinavian Reformed Germanic Ruler, if you want to conquer the world, step by step:
>Create your Scandinavian Blob
>Do what you can to reform the faith
>Fuck bitches, get money
>Split all lands you don't explicitly need up between your sons until you're bellow the holding limit for prepared invasion (either give them king titles without getting the Emperor title yourself, or just grant them independence)
>Invade the fuck out of Scotland, effectively taking out the biggest stable powerhouse in Britannia
>It might have tribal holdings only, but it's far enough from the Karlings that they can't do anything about you, and you can start subjugating neighbouring petty kingdoms one holy war at a time
If you make sure to not attack Anglo-Saxons who married into the Karling or other major houses of Europe, there should be nothing stopping you from building a massive military powerhouse conquering the feudal lands of Britain.
By the time you advance south enough that the Karlings can attack you without a claim on your titles, you'll be strong enough to fight them off, and the Reformed Germanic kingdoms you've left with your sons previously will likely be shitting all over them too

Go and make Ragnarr proud!

show pops

>t. /u/BIG_BENIS_IN_MY_ANUS

Liberal party best party

Yes it does

wizmod makes pre-1066 starts less shit, still shit though

Sorry lad I can't do that for you but you can ask reddit.com/user/TolHydra to see if he will show you them

Pre-1066 starts are fucking shit and no one should play them

Literally being a redditer

>anti-military
>laissez faire
>supporting SocJus

'no'

Shit advice desu

all im saying is wizmod makes them slightly less shit

>knowing shit all about social justice in the 19th century

>le because the consequences weren't apparent this ideology was actually pretty good x centuries ago meme

>being this ignorant of history
>literally strawman

>"x didn't lead to x^2 I swear!"

>but you did
>you
I'm not him though you dumb fuck.

Uhh.. you realise that 19th Century liberalism eventually and slowly led to modern day liberalism. You can't call yourself a 'classical liberal' and decry modern liberals when modern liberals evolved from classical ones.

The whole progression of liberalism from 19th Century to now is a textbook example of why the slippery slope is actually real.

Yeah sure :^)

>x didn't lead to x^2
Not him but it's an interesting fact that the functions f = x^n and g= x^k where both n and k are integers have a correlation value of zero.

>72 / 9 / 24 / 1

i want tips for the new playthrough, the old one is gone, i've given up on it, made some other mistakes/learned new strats and stuff and now im going to apply all of that to the new playthrough with a complete military focus.

I want the biggest personal levy numbers/retinues/event troops for stability and reliability, not needing to rely on the ever changing opinions of vassals and so forth, along with good amount of liege levy if possible.

High martial

any point in going through the trouble of vassalizing merc companies?

How can they not correlate at all if there is constant between them?

Not really besides free troops

x^2 and x^3 are completely unrelated as far as linear algebra is concerned. It's the same idea behind x and dx in calculus and sin(x) and cos(x) being completely unrelated.

>exponential functions are unrelated to linear functions
Isn't that kind of a "no duh" thing though? They are related as far as exponential algebra is concerned

Based Erdogan

>t. urk

r9 my GroßBulgariums lads

Linear algebra is a field of study though and a very basic one that sees use everywhere. One of the most common things you do when analyzing functions is to linearize them. x^2 is unrelated to x, but linear algebra can deal with x^2 just fine.

Its shit

>using math to compare ideologies
Full retard

>not him but it's an interesting fact
I just dropped a tidbit.

If you blob at least make it aesthetic.

Not really interesting desu

Well excuse me

Merc vassals make you incredibly op

2.1mb JPG

Shold I play with random new world?

>mfw spooked