Why all the hate?

Why does Veeky Forums hate this car so much?

You get a punchy 4-door AWD Sports Sedan that comes with a 6-speed, a turbocharged 4 cylinder that comes with decent power from the factory and can be tuned to 300+hp relatively cheaply.

It has a good chassis, good suspension, and it doesn't have the random frills that gets people up in arms. Certain dealers are selling factory orders for $500 under invoice all day long, which means you can get a base model for under $25,000 before Taxes, Title, and License and they hold their value well.

If we're comparing apples to apples and against other new cars, what's there to hate? There's literally no other car that ticks all the boxes in this price range.

Cuck

Veeky Forums hates on every car m8. Don't take it so personally. They're great cars.

I drive a cobb stage 2 2015 sti and love it.

>can't afford it
>muh vapefags

>cobb
>STAGE TWO BRO STAGE TWO!!

you're why we hate.

Nothing wrong with it.
I've been waiting on my savings to build up a bit more before I pull the trigger on a '15 STI. They're hella kawaii.

>can't afford it

This is the reason.

Shit engine
Glass transmissions
Understeer

At least the engine is mounted the right way and it has real AWD but meh. Maybe If I had the money to fix or tune all the issues... Also 25k will get you dick all at a Subaru dealership.

Because, GNX excluded, every car will be hated by some and liked by others. I think they're great, pic related, I had an '06 STi for 6 years. It's just that they're pretty heavy and understeer a lot unless you swing them into the corner just so. In 2009-2014 I had both an NA miata and the STi. I only still have the miata because powerslides.

It's just an easy way of explaining that you have the most common set of mods in stead of listing them off. It saves a lot of pain and time on NASIOC.

Oh and I forgot the biggest Con of them all. You can't drift them on dry pavement because they're too gutless and have too much grip. Then when it's time to change tires you have to buy 4.

Camaro V6 is more fun, doesn't sound like it's misfiring from the factory, costs about the same, doesn't look like granny's 4 door grocery getter, and you don't have to buy vape juice every week.

spotted the 86 driver.

>Camaro V6 is more fun
Stopped reading there

>Why does Veeky Forums hate this car so much?

Primarily because of the owners.

The car itself isn't bad, the newer ones are kinda junk from what I hear though. Apparently Subaru has started putting rocker panels about 1/32" thick on their newer cars, which leads to a rather short life span in areas with snow/rust.

The older cars are kinda cool. The 90-something coupes with mid-2000's STI motors swapped in and all that. Parts interchangeability is pretty good too, I know a guy who's lifted a couple different Subarus with parts scrounged from old Foresters. One of them is a lifted 90's sedan with I think an '04 STI motor in it, should be pretty neat when it's done.

The older ones, or even newer ones, that have more done to them than a tune and rims generally have pretty cool owners from what I've seen. It's the guys weaving in and out of traffic with blast pipes that give them a bad rap.

Most queers would.

>V6
>Camaro
Kill you are self

It's new

>10.89hp/lb
>RWD
>6 speed

You can keep acting like a faggot all you want, it's a better car in every way.

Read Anyone with a rex or sti knows what i'm referring to. It's not a special club. Get over yourself, you edgy faggot

>10.89hp/lb
>3,339 lbs

>36,361.71 hp

>Shit Chinese tires on back
>Summer tired on front
>AWD drift musheen
I don't see a problem here

Problem?

I'm a little drunk and swapped the lb and go. Get fucked.

>Sports Sedan
I love how meaningless this term is

>Problem?
>I'm a little drunk
Explains why you think a shitty V6 camaro is better than a WRX

>I don't see a problem here

Just wait till the mad scientist has to rip apart and fix the viscous couplings you fried.

This is why Veeky Forums hates everything, new or old. The majority of posters are busriding poorfags.

>what's there to hate
The fanbase, absurd insurance premiums, cops riding up your ass.

The last two are unavoidable.

>swapped the lb and go.

>10.89hp/go
>3,339 go

>36,361.71 go's

Makes much more sense, thanks for clearing that up.

WRX is a very good value for price, was offered a new 17 model for 27.4k out the door. What's a better value for that price NEW. Only thing I can think of is a gay ass ecoboost mustang as far as Muh track times/0-60

I lol'd

>fat camry design
>technology so outdated it has literally been the same for 10 years
>gimmicky drivetrain
>interior from a fisher price toy
>overpriced by at least $5k (both used & new)
>owners are literal fucking retards

by a new mustang gt for less money & have fun shitting on all the vaping neckbeards in your v8 + rwd burnout-mobile

The engine is new for 2015, and why do you expect good interior from a sports car? A mustang has shit interior too, are dudebrodawgs wanting to stoplight race you any better than vapelords? AWD grips well, the mustang is slower than older ones lul

I don't think being over 21 is the reason I prefer the Camaro. But then again, I did stop liking faggot cars when I got older.

Keep picking out typos that you absolutely know have nothing to do with the comparison, that is the number one way to win every argument. I mean, what high schooler DOESN'T know that?

Oh no, watch out guys before the V6 Camaro try to overtake you

I have a 2016 and I'm very happy.

>why does Veeky Forums hate
Poorness. Ever notice how most of Veeky Forums drives cars that are less than $5k?

Lol slow POS v6 cuck, stop embarrassing yourself

>Poorness

Wrong. People don't like your car because it's performance has stagnated and stylistically it's gone off a cliff in recent years. It's a shadow of its former self and will most likely never regain the glory it's lost just like every other 90s Jap box. It will only get heavier and more loaded down with useless gadgets until the car finally just drives itself everywhere and then disappears because ICE will be dumped for electric power. The time of fun, innovative sports cars is over. The masses destroyed the automobile.

Post your car.

Keep in mind, I'm not claiming to own either car, but I've driven a couple hundred miles in both. I just love to see what bus riding faggots that have no idea what cuck means drive.

OK buddeh, let's see those buspasses

Post bus pass, senpai

pile of vapefag muh boxer rumble muh wrb and gold wheel heritage that gets beat out by the evo in every way other than MUH DD! great, your one saving grace is that your car is softer and more forgiving.

people are salty that it's popular

though I hear they're expensive to maintain

But the evo isn't that much better they are both good cars, stop being an edgelord

>EVO
The WRX is compared to the Ralliart Lancer, which it destroys in every way. The STi compares to the EVO, which is -pic related

Laughinggirls.jpg

I'm insanely jealous, user. I can't find an '04-'05 anywhere for a decent price/low mileage. My favorite gen.

How much is a ralliart Lancer?

>post bus pass

Fucking kek'd. Will wait to see if other user responds.

Pls respond.

Only 58k miles, AWD is no meme. Was going to buy a new base WRX but I saw a MINT blob eye I couldn't pass up

30k starting which is 5k more than the wrx, it's also heavier and makes less power

Veeky Forums hates everything

I think it's a well priced car for what you get (AWD, 0-60 in 5 seconds, 4 doors)

They've saved money on things you'd want them too in a 'sports' car, the interior.

>read the post that was a reply to your post in the first place
Choke on a dick.

>uses words like rex, edgey and refers to modifications in "stages", bro

yeah, I dont think I'm the one who is a faggot here bud.

Nice. Lowest mileage I've seen is $20k for 78k miles while browsing the web, and I can just get a newer model with far less miles for $8k more. The feels are real.

Not that guy, but you're grasping at straws here. Anyone outside this Chinese anime board uses those terms. Rex or Rexxy is a very commonly used term (here in Australia at least)

>complaining about stages
yeah, pretty much every tuning shop/aftermarket parts manufacturer in the world uses stages as descriptors for their parts
you would know that if you actually bought aftermarket performance parts for your car

You know the rules. A picture of someone else's car doesn't count. Fuck the bread, but at least slap a time stamp on them.

I dont have to buy aftermarket parts for my car because it comes already good from the factory you twat
dont buy shit cars and you wouldnt have to worry about what sick stage your babby ricer car is

V6 guy, you were supposed to post your buspass a long time ago.

Cause for the price of an sti you can buy a bmw 3 series with awd, 350hp and the doors won't feel like the doors on a kia.

>Suggesting a Bimmer

>not wanting to modify your car for that fast and furious street cred
>not wanting to personalize your car at all
>i-its just and appliance
>m-my car is already good
Nice try fag, no car is good on Veeky Forums until it gets an LS swap

why the fuck are you even here if you have no desire to modify your car
you might as well go leasing you fucking cuck

>doesn't want his car to perform better, look better and drive better than a factory example

Cuckold detected.

Veeky Forums hates anything that an average person working more than a 10 dollar an hour retail job can afford.

It reminds them of their inadequacies and triggers their deep seated inner-loathing. With the way the human brain is wired, any time it's confronted with personal failure, it looks to put the blame or cause anywhere other than internally.

Veeky Forums is filled with teens and young adults who suck at pretty much everything and don't have the drive or education to better themselves and get a real job. Ergo, Veeky Forums hates anything that's not a 3k civic

C U C K
U
C
K

idk about anyone else but i think a $5k car with $15k in mods is infinitely cooler than any car with a price tag over 30k

A civic will still always be a civic user

Depends what the money is used on. Fully built engine/forced induction/powertrain enhancements? Sure. A sikk flame paint job, "5 grand" stereo and nigger wheels? No

Personal taste is a huge factor in the automotive market.

I would be more concerned if everyone loved it unequivocally

>T R U T H D R O P P I N G C U C K
>R
>U
>T
>H
>D
>R
>O
>P
>P
>I
>I
>G
>C
>U
>C
>K

Truth.

Love it

true, but it shows someone cars more about cars when they take their civic and do some cool shit with it as opposed to someone that just walked into a dealer and picked up something with a steep price tag

A turbo is the only "cool" thing you can do to a civic, it will still be FWD

you'd be surprised how many cars a civic can spank when you throw a turbo on it
aside from that there is literally nothing wrong with fwd on a street car, other than the fact that you cant do hektic skids

Stoplights are no fun mayne, track or touge. Integra type r is the only respectable FWD

Focus ST m8

>tuned to 300+hp relatively cheaply

My car makes 310hp stock and is 16 years old

What car?

I've only ever heard CRX be referred to as Rex in America but I can see it

and?

Ls1 F-body

the greatest invention in the history of mankind

Stay poor, faggot.
Thanks for saving me the time of trying to male reasonable replies

>live rear
>cant turn

Make*

/Thread

My issue with subaru is they have been lagging behind in horse power from the factory for almost 7 years now. When the Sti first came out 300hp out of a stock 4 banger with a curb weight of 3200-3400 was pretty good. Now 14 years later it's still making 300hp and the weight has gone up to 3700 to 3900. The car really needs about 50 to 70 hp to stay up with the times but subaru won't increase the power level.

Also subaru has had some major quality problems with the sti. First they had weak transmissions then once they got that fix they started having ring land failures at low mileage and stock power levels. Plus working on a subaru has always been difficult because of the engine placement. If they could fix thier quality issues and increase the power they would be very good cars

>Melbourne time

I wanna see a timestamp on that buss pass, kiddo

This is accurate. I work at a dealership and we have a 2015 wrx that we're asking 25k for and a 2015 mustang gt premium pack that we're asking 28k for. Sure, it's 3k more but which would you rather get..come on now.

Jesus I thought I was the only who who got flamed ed for saying this. Glad some people on /o are dull.tard

I love mine but I wish it was a wagon sometimes.

300+hp from 2.5l is kinda pushing it already.... As Subaru's insatiable appetite for head gaskets and engine replacements clearly shows.

>wants the same looking same performing car as everyone else who owns the same and doesnt want to be unique

People hate Subies?

I have never owned one but I would be proud to.

Much

If it costs money Veeky Forums hates it. But the new one is shit.

Oh, you homos were serious? I thought you were supposed to prove you had something better than the Camaro. But ya didn't, because you drive the homo/granny car I was accusing you of driving.

That's my car, btw.

I disagree the fa20 is Bretty gud. Not for making 600hp monsters but you can get alot more out for cheap. I do want a sti fa20 but who knows when that will happen

300hp from a 2.5 isn't really pushing it though. That works out to about 120hp per liter. There are a lot of cars making that number or better. The last year evo got 303hp out of a 2.0l which is about 151hp per liter. The reason subaru's eats head gaskets and engine is because they need to redesign them from the ground up not just make revisions to them. Porsche can somehow make the boxer engine work and be reliable but subaru's have all kinds of issues.

Lol bro if that shitbox is yours, you were better off posting the bus pass
Also
>V6 muscle car
>better than anything

Choose one

If people stopped buying them, you'd have a point as to why they need to increase it