God Tier Engines

>made in 2003
>Durable as hell
>healthy 160hp power figure and crazy torque
>sounds good
>fuel efficient
>timing chain when that shit wasn't common on a shitbox 4cyl

I nominate the K24A4 and VQ35DE as god tier because they're still modern as fuck and kick ass even today.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3ztidX2zDv8
youtube.com/watch?v=iJDqEZygi1Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the Hyundai Beta II is just as capable as this motor and it's far older

but you won't talk about that because the korean reliability meme still hangs on

I nominate MZR because its the only one I own

in before nissan scum guy gets butthurt and trashes your thread

Oh I never had doubts about those engines, my mom had a kia optima 2.4 and it was reliable as fuck if you maintained it and changed wear items like timing belts, she's got the Sonata 3.3 Lambda now which is a beast too after getting her old one totaled.

k24a4 is like one of the most anemic motors in the k series family, but ok user

>peasant tier k-series
kek

I know the K24A4 isn't the most representative of the K series, but is was really good in the inexpensive hondas it came in, it's only 10 hp less than a hyundai 2.7 V6 and it's more efficient.

I'll just go with the obvious, 6bt 5.9L cummins and the 7.3l powerstroke

Noice, pre emissions where you gotta suffocate it with a dpf and scr.

>when op name drops your engine after writing about a honda
and it's not even my favorite thing about my Z

>VQ35DE
>god tier
At drinking oil and being an inefficient piece of shit maybe

I nominate the 3S-GE BEAMS, suck it mazdafags

speaking of Honda engines, what's the consensus on f20/f22? Thinking about swapping that into my shitbox 86 later when i'm not a benchracing poorfag

It's a 4 banger with forged internals at stock, 240hp, and built for RWD, looks good at least on paper.

>Honda
>Crazy torque

I nominate the Volvo RN engines
>strong
>fuel efficient
>that 5 cyl growl
>torquey

At least on the K24A4 I'm drivin, way better than the hyundai 4 bangers I've driven, must be the weird ass intake runners that are super long.

meme

So what kind of torque is it throwing down besides the 'crazy' scale?

Okay it's not crazy, just trying to big it up. it's decent though.

138lb of pure torque haha

The purest.

>auto

iktf

>tfw 144lb/ft of torque

Feels good man, gives an excuse to rev the piss out of it

138 whole torques is not alot of torques, user. That's one of the easiest things to get from an engine, is torque. How big is that engine you've been talking up this entire time anyway?

2354cc

>auto

I'm rolling with what falls into my possession.

That's kinda shitty how it's only 2.35L, the 3.3L Hyundai my mom has is 3342cc

It's not auto tho

The autos have the PRND in the cluster

I've driven the beams engine in another sw20, not all that though it would probably be amazing in a stupid light car.

I nominate the 3rd gen 3SGTE

that's literally cropped from the auto button on the wheel. I was being pedantic.

B18C

srry mate, I'm fucking retarded

>massively polluting compared to its measly 180bhp
>283lbs ft of muh torks
>GODLIKE sound
>fuel pumps break and cost more than the car to fix
>cams made of butter

youtube.com/watch?v=3ztidX2zDv8

Can any engine match the Audi 2.5 V6 diesel?

>2.3L
>138lb/ft

Is that an itr?

Because I like having "TURBO 3000" stamped onto my engine.

the toyota UZ series

get outta here with that Honda garbage

>muh 1200hp meme machine

>Doesn't post a k20a

As far as stock Honda engines go, I'd take the K20z1 over anything else.

>muh revs
>muh veetekk

4g63 or go home

Muh k24a2

Looks cramped in there but nice car nonetheless.

My K24Z7
Approx 300whp/265wtq

I have a Spectra5 with a Beta engine. 140k miles and zero issues. First timing belt change at 130k (wasn't my fault) too.

>265wtq in that little ass car
Nice.

Good engine.

Nice, which stage kit is that? Also what clutch do you use?

Aiming for 300 whp myself but going all motor. I have 90% of the parts on hand and am hoping to pull the motor by March

RBC manifold rubs against the hood stand thing a little bit, but otherwise the only difference in dimensions between the k24a2 and the k20z3 is the deck height

CT-E supercharger with Vittuned aftercooler, 3.15" pulley, 1000cc injectors, Exedy stage 2 clutch

It's going to be hard to hit 300whp with all motor. What compression are you running? RBC intake manifold? Pistons? Tell me more please I'm genuinely interested

It's nice just big and not the best power to liter ratio.

Suzuki

J20A

I-4

Why so low torque :(

TOY
O
TA
youtube.com/watch?v=iJDqEZygi1Q

>500 hp/lbs-ft N/A
>450 lb engine
Hurr muh power per liter

I've got a J18A, it's alright. Not much top end power but a lot of torque and a decent sound. Pretty bulletproof so far.

No tofu engine? wtf Veeky Forums?

Is there anything the 4A does that the 3S doesnt do better?

I like the engine, it's just huge for the power it's making.

Make noise

12.5:1 on a k24a2 block.
modified k20a2 oil pump
pistons and rods are the last thing I'm deciding on. May be boring it out to 88mm, still have to do some research on that. Once I pull the trigger on those (next week or two), I'll be ready to go.
k20z3 underdrive
k20z3 oil cooler
k20z3 cylinder head
probably have it ported along with the rbc manifold when the block goes in to be bored.
drag cartel 3.2's (was looking for more of a "road race" cam rather than something for the strip - milder lift specs on the intake side compared to the 4's and 4.5's)
supertech 92 lb dual spring valve train
valves are skunk2, but stock spec
rdx injectors, I think the stock fuel pump will be fine

Also currently running things like hondata img, hybrid racing cold air intake, s2 alpha series header and 3 inch exhaust. And exedy stage 1 clutch with the hf02 flywheel

So about 7 grand in and I should be able to make very close to 300 whp with a tail wind in my honda civic fucking kill me kek. Dyno numbers are pretty arbitrary, but I have seen people hitting 290's on 3.2's with the k24a2 head and builds less complete than mine. If I could put down anywhere between 60-80whp of gains I would be pretty happy.

It's been a really fun project though and I've learned an assload about cars in the process. If you're in the midwest, maybe someday we can run em. 9th gen s/c vs. 8th gen frankenstein would be a pretty sick matchup

13B
>basically a 2 stroke engine
>(dont) revs 9000
>wankel
>sounds like the devil himself
>1300cc beats a 7200cc

It is not an engine code, it only means it is a Mazda engine

Seriously awesome car man! I really admire people that do NA builds, It takes a lot more effort. Your car looks sick too.

my fav 4 banger

>filename
>is a turbo vg30et
You might want to edit that m8

>Be prepared to spend a minimum of 3k

do kswap instead. better engine and cheaper.

VQ35HR is a good engine. DE is a Renault POS. Neither of them are god tier though.

>k swap
>for a rwd car
>cheaper

Maintenance is required

HP/L is such a fucking meme.

L76 good mpg for a v8 and still is just as much fun as any other v8.

Ldt-465-1c. Not built for power, but rather for insane operating conditions. Will run on any fuel you have. Gasoline, motor oil, hydraulic fluid, veggie, diesel, jet fuel, lp, kerosene, and a bunch of other shit. It also carries a 22:1 compression ratio and has a small turbo (only in boost, damn thing weighs 47 lbs). It will run clean at elevations of up to 18k feet with no measurable power loss. Has 3 sets of fuel water separation filters, 2 sets of oil filters, 6 poppit injectors that never require tuning, and can be found from 130 hp in the ldt series, to 410 hp in the lds series.

What was it used in?

>LS7
>72.1 HP/L
>K24A4
>66.7 HP/L
What did he mean by this?

Military put them in the deuce and a half and the 5 ton truck. It's built by White tractor company originally but the military cranked up the compression. Down side with the pre-1c was the tendency to blow headgaskets. I own 3 m35a2's and a variety of 5 tons that work on our farm. Dirt fucking cheap.

Nobody does. Everyone just knows that the shitty Lambda engine is made of glass, cheap glass.

FA20DIT

>B235R
>134.78 HP/L
What did my car mean by this?

17.62 HP/L
.075 HP/lbs
Look mom, I can do statistics too!

>160hp
>healthy
>on a 2.4 VTEC
This should be making at least 200 even if it revs like a murrican.

It means you fell for the tarbo meme.

Can't go wrong with old faithful

Honda GY6 engine.
Cheap
Reliable
Upgradeable
used everywhere
fast for what it is

own one, they are fun

M57
inline 6 diesel with plenty of torque and plenty of potential (can handle up to 400hp/1000nm on stock internals)
good on gas (about 42 mpg highways)
very reliable - my car is nearing 310k miles, seen an m57 powered e46 hit 910.000 km (565k miles)

The 13 civic si K24 does

>13 civic
The K24A4 is an old pos but it was made in 2003 was a 138hp or less engine was the norm, even modern shitbox corollas only make 140hp.

vg30/33 is god tier. if your engine can't pull 300k without pulling the valve covers then you should leave.

It's on sale... monthly payments...

Alright faggots who did this?

>4g63
ma boz

Is there any tuning potential in the VQ35DE short of forced induction?

Looking at getting an 03-05 G35 coupe next year since I'm an Infiniti lube monkey and aside from everyone there knowing how to take the entire car apart as well as access to every diagnostic tool I'd ever want, anything I learn to do on it immediately translates to knowledge usable on the job. I heard the GTR is based on the same chassis, could I put GTR parts on it if I wanted?