"pic related engine"

>Made for performance couldn't finish the lap
>5k miles engine replacement intervals
Chevy owners on suicide watch
LOL

>no turbo

put me to sleep already

Btfo

no point. the regular vette already btfos 99% of supercars while remaining somewhat particle.
mid engine supercar trunks are useless.

We've gone full Wal-Mart brand ferrari now.

>most technologically advanced
>pushrods

Have they crashed one yet to see if it can turn?

>somewhat particle

>535 HP
>Mid-engine RWD
>GM in charge of traction management systems

yeah I can already see all the C8s that will be sitting in ditches or wrapped around trees. These things are going to make Mr2s look like the most stable cars on the road.

The built-in engine self destruct mechanism (aka shit thermal management) will take care of that

1. I will buy one.
2. It will be great.
3. I will be very happy.
4. I will laugh and shitpost on Veeky Forums about it constantly.

>under $100k
gm tried to make a cheap mr car once we all know how that turned out roflmao

Now the real questions are:
Which car will be more unreliable?
Which one will be babied by their owners more, and never really driven?
Which one is more likely to be bought as a status symbol rather than because of an interest in cars?
I imagine all of these will be too close to call

fun fact: this was the first C7 to be wrecked after it was launched

I was under the impression that this was wrecked by an engineer before the launch.

So much fordfag butthurt ITT

Manufacturer plate on it

lol

The Vette may only last 6 miles but at least it starts. It's got that going for it, which is nice.

A NA or even supercharged big V8 will always be more reliable than a undersized high strung boosted to the moon V6.

Eh i like the c7 body more than that mid engine design it looks wierd

More like costco. it's great quality but only because it has alot of the good stuff.

Car pushed as hard as possible has problems.

I don't remember a Mustang blowing up after a lap. I do remember the brakes melting but not the engine. lol, stay mad. gm is shit

Let's see your Ford GT cuck. Oh wait you're a buscuck lmao gtfo

They couldn't get their $500k "supercar" to start.

youtube.com/watch?v=F7oTd4cYPA8

>projecting
stay btfo
pic related

btfo, will gm recover?

this

i dont want a fucking stingray some chad in a tuned bmw can keep up with

The fastest stock BMW is still slower. I think you're going to need more than a tuned 2 series to keep up...

Mama mia spicy meme

kekk og shitpost photo

even if corvettes were the best supercar in the world, I still wouldn't want one.

It's like you're out to eat an expensive pasta and you decide to go for microwavable mac n cheese

Viper cucks them all

I really hate the fact that the C7s are selling well so now GMC will keep making these fucking ugly ass Corvettes that underwhelm against the competition. The only thing the C7s did right was the interior, which has needed an overhaul since the c5. Looks like I'll be keeping my C5 z06 for another 10 years.

I want a 7 speed manual in more cars. I always wondered why the fuck they couldn't make one.

fuck yes cant wait for new batch of corvette BTFO memes
ill have to update my .gif

how will gm ever recover

>overheating problems
>let's move the motor to the back!
1984PontiacFieroonfire.jpg

hmmmmm really makes you think

If it ended up being the best in the world, wouldn't that make it the world's best mac n cheese?

It's ugly tho

>Super car
>technologically advanced
>push rods
Wtf America
I mean, i can respect Harley for that because they are not even trying to compete, its just their brand and legacy.. But in a Corvette? Cmon

rly fired up my neurons

>few more steps and corvette will finally evolve to be on par with GT-R

Cars are so fast now, I think it's kind of cool if someone makes a naturally aspirated v8.

I just drove a Porsche 991.2 S, for example, and it is sure faster, but it doesn't have the same feel as the 991.1. It still has that turbo non-linear feel and I don't like it as much even though it is faster.

big top mount turbo + some bolt ons

Will shitfist your normie-mobile while getting better mileage, looking objectively nicer, and not chock-full of plastic shit all over the interior.

Pushrods are never than OHC

but things don't evolve backwards

That's not a Kentucky plate.

>expensive pasta

Isn't the whole point of pasta that it's cheap but good? How stupid do you have to be to spend a lot of money on some puhsketti?

It could be NA V8 DOHC... And reliability.. since its already shite why are they using a truck engine on a "super car"?

ok

Guys, the last time GM played around with DOHC we got the dreaded NORTHSTAR. You guys really want them to abandon pushrods?

Assmad GM fangirl detected

no we dont want them to abandon push rods, we want people to abandom GM.

Northstar wasn't bad. It had issues with the stretch bolts but replace them with studs and they were quite reliable.

>Mid engined ZR1
>Under 100K USD
No.

>535hp RWD Corvette
>0-60 under 3 seconds, 1/4 mile in high 10's
The C7 Z06 struggles to get 2.95/10.95@127 according to C&D, nevermind doing that with less power.

That engine isn't emissions legal though.
>Intended for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle

I really wonder how GM is going to fix the DI motor's heat problems, while going with a setup that's notoriously hard to cool (less room for heat exchangers).

>lolpushrods
Pushrods are fine in most road applications (below 10K RPM). There's other problems to be worried about in this case.

>most technologically advanced Ferd V8
>still port-injected
>no cilinder deactivation

>shutting down cylinders to appease climate cucks

>not getting 30 MPG highway

>cilinder

i believe the word you were looking for is cylinder

also
>cylinder deactivation
>on their top of the line performance engine

>caring about mpg in a sportscar

Alright then, you convinced me that Ford's Modular platform is the most advanced of the big three, despite lacking modern tech like cilinder deactivation and direct injection.

>GM top of the line performance engine: 650hp
>Mopar top of the line performance engine: 707hp
>Ferd top of the line ''performance'' engine: 526hp

Oh wait.

I'm d/o/ne.

Ford's top performance engine is a 700+ hp EcoBoost V6, not an archaic v8.

can we just call it a turbocharged v6 rather than ecoboost?

WHAT? ARE YOU SAYING FORD FINALLY RELEASED PERFORMANCE NUMBERS FOR THE GT? NO WAY!

Oh wait. They didn't. They're still claiming 600+ on their websie - so it'll be closer to 600 than to 700. Less power than the Hellcat, and probably less so than the LT4.

>why does the 5.2L V8 makes less power than these other two supercharged 6.2L V8s

The designers must have been going on holiday soon so just threw a bunch of the same parts further back on the car. job done.

besides the fact that it looks out of one of the shoop threads.

also besides all the alphonse tier shitposting 'hurr durr'

besides the fact that i'm an 'assmad gm fangrill'

i honestly don't see anything wrong with GM wanting the midvette to look like the c7 just with a mid engine.

literally the same car otherwise.

Calling it Ecoboost is the entire reason Ford stuffed it in the GT in the first place. It's a halo car, made to comfort the cuck who bought a 1.0L Ecoboost Focus so he could drive his wife and her son around.

Why can't Ford design a supercharger then? Or make their engine 6.2L?

oh wait, this is an obvious shoop.

fuck my life.

Not that user, but. to me it doesn't look like a c7. It looks like a jap car fucked a ferrari and made some weird looking kid.

>i honestly don't see anything wrong with GM wanting the midvette to look like the c7 just with a mid engine.
They clearly want it to look like a cheap McLaren.

>It's a Ford/GM fanboys shit on each other Episode

What is a Termi or a GT500?
yfw last GT500 was a supercharged 5.8L making 660 hp/630 lbft

okay

I like the idea of it still looking like a vette, just with the hood shorter, rear longer, and the seats and doors moved forward.

But by the spy shots, it looks like it'll be ugly. Sort of like a Pagani+c6 instead of Lambo+c7. Maybe it's REALLY cladded and has better curves.

Car brands dont design superchargers or turbos, just shows how retarded you are. Most brands are using a TVS rotor pack though.

Also, 5.8 trinity had 660whp, does 750 whp with bolt ons, and the supersnake from 09 was 850 hp.

Stay mad pushrod cuck

Why didn't they do that then? Why do they also leak a quart of oil every hour?

Not him but the supersnake was not a production car, but a factory tuned one. It's like the nismo skylines from back in the day.

Btw, 660hp. Not rwhp. Although even an 07 gt500 could do 600whp with exhaust/int/tune/pulley.

New z06s have had plenty of problems from the factory, and hellcats are 4400 pounds. Pushrods can be fine, but to act like dohc is inferior just shows ignorance.

To stay on topic with the thread instead of responding to bus riders, ill say that the new vette looks great but it probably wont compete with the ford gt. In fact, i dont know of anything it will be in direct competition with on the market. It makes numbers and looks like a 10 or 15 year old ferrarri, but time will tell

So you're saying ford has all the parts for a 660hp supercharged V8, but prefers to make a V6 with less power than a Hellcat instead?

The hellcat produces 707hp and is pushrod.

that thing must be really heavy to be that slow with that much power

The Camaro ZL1 just ran a 1:25.87 on Willow Springs, which completely annihilates the GT350R's (and McLaren 650S) time. This isn't even the Z28, which will beat the Nismo GT-R if it's even a quarter second faster.

Ford on suicide watch.

Unverified lap time try again gmcuck

this, gm btfo

>Gm engineers fiddle with cars on board performance logger while motortrend test team is away at lunch
>suddenly cars on board performance logger says much much faster lap time
I guess they learned that fine tuning the corvettes traction control and damper settings for the 1:25 farce wasn't subtle enough

>big turbo+some bolt ons
That's not how it works unless you want to grenade your engine. This isn't Forza.

Wouldn't Motortrend notice a discrepancy between the ZL1's internal recorder, and the MT Vbox, after the lunch break?

>That's not how it works unless you want to grenade your engine.
Modern engines are amazing. The big three all make engines that they'll just run out of injectors once you add a big turbo, and keep on trucking untill you hit 700hp on a solid tune.

Video related (skip to 1:20):
youtube.com/watch?v=HWvIoYm6CJI
>stock internals
>830whp
>big single turbo
>intake manifold
>JB4 ECU
>E85 tune
>secondary set of injectors (probably to compensate for the E85)

In a straight line, this sure as hell will keep up with a C7 Z06.

I miss the zr1. The c7 looks better, but I miss the c6 reliability. LS for life.

>itt speculation
Listen, the Zora or Wide Body Project is so under wraps that of that not even people who work in the same building that it's being developed in don't even know what it looks like or what the powertain will be. The body isn't even done being developed yet..

But to add to the speculation this is what I have been told:
> It will have some design cues similar to other vettes but will be radically different.
> there will be two powertrain options: a twin turbo V6 and a supercharger V8
> the project is know as the "Wide Body" instead of the Zora.
> Unlike Ford, GM has no real plans of making it some hyper exclusive limited production thing.
> will most likely be strictly a new semi-auto gearbox. A dual clutch system.

That's really all I know.

>there will be two powertrain options: a twin turbo V6 and a supercharger V8
And this is how we know you're full of shit. Why would GM go through with the trouble of designing it for a twinturbo setup, and then not use that on the V8? Why would GM even use a V6? Unlike Ford, they don't have any marketing reasons to do so, no Ecoboost brand or racing effort to promote.

>GM has no real plans of making it some hyper exclusive limited production thing.
Except production will still be small scale compared to the regular Corvette.

>will most likely be strictly a new semi-auto gearbox. A dual clutch system.
So GM just spend untold millions on a new 10 speed auto, has zero experience designing DCT's, and they're going to make 1 DCT gearbox for 1 small-volume car? Go back to your dad at nintendo.

>So GM just spend untold millions on a new 10 speed auto, has zero experience designing DCT's, and they're going to make 1 DCT gearbox for 1 small-volume car
not that user, but, can't they just buy one from a supplier? especially for lower volume higher profit cars?

>not that user, but, can't they just buy one from a supplier?
GM is pretty big on only using their own automatic transmissions. From what I can recall, the only non-GM automatic they're using right now is the transverse FWD Aisin in some Opels. Aisin has no longitudinal DCT's in their portfolio iirc. The logical step would be to contact BorgWarner, but I doubt that'll be friendly negotiations since they stopped using BW since the TR-6060, and switched to Tremec.

I highly doubt they'll use a DCT, with development of the 10 speed over with. They need to recoup costs.

What about ZF?

What would the performance hit be like if they used their 10 speed?