What was the longest continual war? I know the Hundred Years War, despite the name...

What was the longest continual war? I know the Hundred Years War, despite the name, wasn't continuous and saw years of non-action in between the conflict flaring up again. Then there's stuff like the 70 and 30 years war.

Which war saw continuous fighting for its entire length?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Hundred_and_Thirty_Five_Years'_War
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arauco_War
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The War for European Dominance, ending in the defeat of Europe. It started in time immerorial and ended in 1945.

finno-korean intergalactic sheananingans

Ottoman conquest of south-Eastern Europe?

Fuck knows which is the longest uninterrupted one, but if someone counts shit like the 100 years war then Reconquista is the longest conflict ever.

Dutch rebellion against Spanish (Eighty Years' War)
Longest conflict was probably Roman-Persian

columbian civil war

Reconquista lasted like 750 years

The war between the netherlands and Scilly last more than 300 years

Veeky Forums - History Memes

Nice alternative suggestion m8

>continual

>can't read

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Hundred_and_Thirty_Five_Years'_War

It never stopped until the peace treaty

What was the longest continual war? I know the Hundred Years War, despite the name, wasn't continuous and saw years of non-action in between the conflict flaring up again.
>saw years of non-action
Your "war" saw no action whatsoever.
Jesus shitty christ the reading comprehension of this sub is akin to that of a mentally impaired middle schooler

It is difficult to maintain a war for a long period, even if you have an easy victory the economic costs of supporting an army are huge.

The longest wars were probably low intensity or on and off like the 100 years war or the three kingdoms era in China.

>Sub
No wonder board quality is so low, what with scum like you dragging it down.

Are you really so pathetic that you had to re-read my answer and nitpick the not-completely-right term that triggered you autism to make a comeback at me?
Can you please fuck back to /b/ already?

Listen, /b/ isn't a sub for everyone buddy

>sub
Kill yourself please

> the Hundred Years War saw no action

wewlad

are you really surprised? reddit came here all the time with their """/his""" meme thread

I really like your comments. What's your reddit account so I can upvote all your posts?

The War between North and South Korea could potentially become the longest

World War I -> present day

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arauco_War

It's the Arauco War, continual war from 1536 to 1810 in the territory of Chile. Didn't end well for the araucanos (also called mapuches).

Pretty interesting events too.

>sub

Either ultimate bait or you have to go back

>sub

Mapuches had a pretty aesthetic flag.

>independent agrarian native state existing until the 19th century
how come I never heard of this

It's not convenient for either side of history, imperalists that crushed the natives want it forgotten, and it also completley shatters the conception of the peaceful and innocent native, since mapuches were hardcore warriors and only came together and formed cohesive groups when they had to make war against other populations, for which they elected a war lord, or cacique.

Both Spain and Mapuches continually tried to out brutalize each other, and mapuches actually won, until Chile gained independence in 1810.

Jin campaigns against the Song lasted 30 years. Mongol campaigns against the Song lasted 50 years.

And all of those were continuous warfare.

>continuous fighting for it's entire length

La Violencia begun in 1948 and Columbia has been in constant civil war with various rebel groups from that moment until they signed treaty with FARC about a month ago. So, how much is that, about 70 years?

>sub
more like sub-human, amirite?

Yeah he said that you're right

>sub

Masterful. Have a (you).

It was like a century of fighting at most.