pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War News
youtube.com/watch?v=f8_Z2Bm0CjE

Time Commanders is back and it's pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=07LGm2ZN7W4

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PQ6LnJGKyQs
reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/5i4v7x/wood_elves_hotfix_beta_info/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rollan for ze Lady!

I'm going to quest my lance up some elf's but hole!
For ze Lady!

Should I give in and accept getting jewed by sega?
Is there a slightest chance of the DLC going on sale this year?
I mean I'm going to bend over and take it regardless but I just want to know what my chances of getting some lube are.

Some day

>25% off base game

Would you become a Sea Person if circumstances allowed for it?

>this year
Since it's pretty much over, I don't think so

>Bretonnia soon

youtube.com/watch?v=PQ6LnJGKyQs

I hope this shit isn't Osprey cos fucking hell it's a mess.

They'll probably go on sale once Old World edition releases.

Here's a 20% off for you anons.

Yes it does work with the current steam sale.

KZARL-VN5L9-W(4*2)NGT

WAAAGH!!!!

>become

:^)

>no new historic tw for years
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH /TWG/

Chaos go home!
You shall not pass!

We shall run down the man-flith

Thanks user, you're the best.

They said they might do some extra content for Attila

the maize delorean

Historykeks leave. This is fantasy general.

Total War General has enough room for both fans of History and fans of Warhammer

War gaming aint free, the coffers of Sega gotta be littered with the shekels of common plebs. Authenticity aka autism aint my priority, its for boring nerds and probably poorfags as well.

Fantasy and Warhammer, not History and Victorian era ok. Praise Sega

>see interesting game of thrones mod for Attila
>no campaign
fucking why

Dreading the next season of that show. The last season was a slog. Sorry for going off on a tangent.

Because you can't mod the map
Also making campaign is hard

No dlc discount, no buy

i don't know anything about modding but i would say its because its hard

It's okay.
Only two more seasons and it is finally over.

real efficient idea that carrying TWO heavy poles around rather than a musket and bayonet. the world was fucking handed to anglos jesus christ.

How in the actual fuck have you kept watching that garbage?

The series absolutely nosedived in quality after the first season and since season 3 it has been practically burrowing through the earth's crust, it's reaching the fucking molten core at this point.

It's some of the worst television currently airing outside of Reality TV.

>Also making campaign is hard
>AE
>1212
>still can't even release a even a basic campaign for their mods eventhough they don't even have to create a new map

I'm about to do it. I'm about to be jewed out of 110 bux.
Stop me /twg/, convince me Warhammer is actually garbage.

It's not really.

It has it's frustrations but overall it's just a really fun game.

I still watch it. I decided to keep going after S4 because I figured i'd already invested forty hours in to it.

Khalessi is ruining the show. If we have to watch her stumble to victory again im gonna hurl.

But the battles will be fun to watch now that they have a budget for them.

Just get the base game moron

Best total war BY FAR

It's super fun. There's a reason we post about it all day long, user.

>Anglos
>using bayonets
>in the 16/17th century

As stated, I've sunk so much into it already. Have to see it through to the end or die trying. In that sense, it's like my last Skarsnik campaign, haha.

hardholme was a great episode and is pretty much the main reason I still watch it. the few tastes of the white walkers they give us are always great and that is end game so I might was well put up with 10 hours a year to get me some undead goodness eventually

t. Vampire Counts fag

If Fatman ever bothered writing even a single book in half a decade then none of this would've happened.
But that's what one should expect when even the serie's original creator can't be bothered to finish it.

Imagine you are a bored to dead dev that is doomed to make shitstorical total wars for life.

One day one gw shill tells you that you will create dragons, monsters, orcs, motherfucking raping goats, giant ass spiky vikings.

I tell you that ca is putting its soul into this game

shame how potential great storylines have come and gone. Last season everyone looked forward to Euron and then it was shit, season before it was Stannis then it was shit. Wonder what they'll ruin next?

I managed to keep watching up to the part where a mob of knife wielding civilians manage to overwhelm and slaughter a well-sized group of Unsullied in a tight hallway, with the episode ending with Barristan Selmy getting made to look like a bitch.

Thank god I quit before the whole shitshow with Stannis

The battles are a bit too arcadey.

The campaign map often leaves you with nothing to do cause apart from characters everything is simplified.

Sometimes it feels small cause if you confederate and conquer a couple of factions, you suddenly own a large chunk of the map.

You are better off waiting till its complete and buying everything at a discount.

>Stannis
they have butchered him since the first episode, anybody who thought that would be good clearly doesn't understand D&D's bizzare hate boner for him. I only looked forward to how blatantly they would try to paint him as the bad guy.

Oh god I know.

It's frankly even worse being a bookfag.

The books aren't really anything above middling genre-schlock, but they're still on a level of competency so far about the show that I don't know how the showrunners can read their own scripts and not kill themselves.

Dany in the books still kinda just stumbles around and gets lucky a lot, but at least the reader UNDERSTANDS that that's what's happening, we know, because we can see inside her head, that she really is a scared little girl who has basically no fucking clue what she's doing.

In the show she's "OMG such a badass!!!!!" and we're supposed to believe that her successes are actually to her own credit and not just a combination of blind-luck and help from more competent people.

The fact that the show attempts to make fucking Cersei, one of the most fundamentally morally bankrupt, hypocritical characters in all of fictions sympathetic on some level pretty much tells it all. Especially when compared to how Stannis was treated.

They're playing hard to the "Stronk independent womyn" crowd that doesn't give a shit about quality.

last warning buddy

Yeah, I can really feel all the soul in the game's limp-dick magic and spotty rosters.

It's probably hard if you have serious autism like most modding teams.
I mean those guys making the middle ages mod for Attila should've just looked at the M2 campaign and did it like CA.
Place factions.
Give factions 3-4 generals with armies.
Put basic buildings into each settlement and maybe something upgraded in the capitals.
Create small family trees consisting of the leader, his heir and maybe one or two siblings.
Adjust diplomatic relations like wars, client states or vassals.

Done and release. Then you can add different extended layers of autims every patch. But no they probably want to have the entire Capetian dynasty from the beginning recreated on release.

the sale dollarice

>spotty rosters.

Only Chaos has a spotty roster at this point though.

>spotty

On release. The Wood Elf roster was literally perfect except for the omission of three named lords and three generic lords, none of which are even remotely missed.

>I tell you that ca is putting its soul into this game
>nine years ago every unit in Empire had an officer, drummer and banner carrier
>no officers, banner carriers or musicians in TWWH

I wouldn't say he was butchered, it was only the parts after the books ended that they fucked him over completely. He was cast well and they put a lot of budget into his scenes.

Yea they've almost completely sold out catering to the female audience. Most of the remaining protagonists wield an axe wound.

Dare they not kill em off when even implying one of em got raped drives the sjws into a rage.

And now that Trump has won, the showrunners will try even harder to push the strong womyn angle so all the leftist crybabies have something to cheer about.

>I'm just going to ignore the tech for this and how they said FLC was on the way

For those wondering what's missing.

>drycha
boring named dryad

>araloth
boring named glade lord

>sisters of twilight
probably too complex to even implement

>spellweaver
buffed spellsinger in a lord slot

>glade captain
nerfed glade lord in a hero slot

>shadow dancer
wardancer hero

The only good thing about the last big battle was it showed how hellish the surrounded romans at Cannae must have had it. That was pretty well made.

>dead people standing straight up because they have no room to fall down.

>how they said FLC was on the way

Source?

>how they said FLC
Please be true, then I can finally stop whining about banners, officers and musicians.

>make him seem like a complete tool and puppet of the red witch
>make his theme as evil as possible so everytime he is on screen he is accompanied by dark, boding music
>make him incompetent and only successful thanks to Davos, probably just to normalize YAS QUEEN dany
>somehow manages to make saving the wall by routing the invading wildlings a dick move because "oh we gave up we are just desperate refugees come on man don't be an ass"
>everything after they caught up with the books

I'm not even a stannis fan, I just honestly can't believe the lengths they went to in their attempt to make sure all the show only plebs would hate him.

reddit CA community post on wood elves when they posted the hotfix update

It's the only thing they could release which takes half a week to make and s keep on releasing content for old world edition whilst hyping up new world edition

>sisters of twilight
that would be really interesting, basically a hero/lord that has 2 models that will rez unless both are killed within a reasonable amount of time

> no Sorceror Lords for Empire
> no Chaos magic lores for Chaos
> Two (2) knightly orders out of the dozens established for the Empire provinces
> missing melee variations for units (dual wield, sword and shield, spears)
> no hero-level Orc bosses
> no lord-level Orc shaman
> harpies left for flc like it was some kind of gift, after I paid 18 bungos for (1) faction
> no Doom Bull

Why did they go back to the ugly as fuck Rome 2 settlement icons in Warhammer? I bought Age of Charlesbarkley and the UI is really nicely detailed in that, where as Warhammer feels like a shitty utilitarian after thought, on top of being ugly as sin.

I really hope now that CA is swimming in dosh will improve a lot of that sort of thing in the sequel. Warhammer is just an ugly game to look at.

link?

Well Empire doesn't really scream soul because of how buggy and broken it is to be honest.

>playing Attila as WRE
>abandoned everything but Iberia
>I have five armies to defend from barbarians
>every single turn there are rebel armies popping up
>have to abandon the borders to chase after them
>barbarians come and raid my border towns
>public order keeps plummeting no matter what I do
Who in their right mind thought this would make for entertaining gameplay? Fucking pop-a-mole simulator like Rome 2.

Mod it in if you don't like it, it's what I did in rome because I hate those unit cards

I don't see it, maybe it's not the one you're talking about but I found this

reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/5i4v7x/wood_elves_hotfix_beta_info/

I'm really not familiar with reddit though, can you provide a direct link please?

>after thought

you mean like most of the game? the base game was a pile of warm piss and the dlc have been paper towels, it sopped up a lot of the piss sure but now you just have a pile of pissy paper towels.

ill admit i gave it a pass initially because i love whfb but so much about it feels like 5 steps backwards 1 step forward. even after all of this time i cant look past its glaring flaws

would it have killed them add in the dynamic cities from yanno their last 2 fucking titles? hoveldorf sucks. the map in general is one greengrey shit heap, the is some how dumber, building menus and choices suck dick for every race, the campaign pacing sucks, diplomacy keeps getting worse.

you probably have that constant immigration raping the public order
pretty much canceling out any efforts at trying to control it
i had it for what seems like for many years as the franks

I actually did try to mod it in but those building icons are so tiny and shitty you can't really make out what it is.

How can you stop the dirty immigrants?

Raise taxes

stop razing settlements

build a wall

there is a gimmicky tavern i could build as a barb but otherwise just enjoy the xp for your armies i guess

i just gave up and waited for it to go away didn't try the reduced immigration penalty building

That's why I said, on release. It's the vanilla factions that still have gaps to fill. The DLC has been getting progressively more complete as time goes on.

I cant believe they didnt cut the prices for the dlc, well guess what I'm not buying your shit this Christmas now.

>It's the vanilla factions that still have gaps to fill

Like?

I know Chaos is missing a bunch of shit since they're basically the messiest faction from the tabletop with a billion different monsters and access to chaos variation of shit like Ogres, but what are the other factions actually missing?

Like, literally who the fuck cares if some generic lords and heroes are missing.

>tfw no female giants

>be from Slavland
>there's and article about best/worst games this year
>there's a discussion beneath it with upvote/downvote system
>someone makes a comment that Warhammer is the worst Total War ever
>over 50 upvotes, 6 downvotes
Really made me think

2 cheeki 2 breeki

Empire is still missing archers, both as one of the six varieties of State Troop and as huntsmen, irregular skirmishers. There's also the Celestial Hurricanum, the Master Engineer, Knights of the White Wolf, a handful of cool mounts like mechanical steeds and the IMPERIAL FUCKING DRAGON FUCK YEAH, and a metric assload of named characters.

What is that from?

Why cant I connect to steam?

>Kislev get released
>Slavs now thinks it's among the best total wars

I know the mind of the slavs.

Man-sized rats fucked with the servers.

arent bestmen missing a fuck ton of units.
Also every race like empire are missing dragons.
empire has a shitload of different factions that need to not be boring.
wait seriously? its being hacked?
maybe when we get back on the dlc will be off.

It will also become the best total war when it becomes fully pirateable.

>arent bestmen missing a fuck ton of units.

Not really.

Maybe the servers are overloaded because of the sale?

>arent bestmen missing a fuck ton of units.

They're missing two.

One of which is just a faster four-armed giant which the faction loses nothing by not getting.

The other of which, while it does fulfill a sorta unique role in the faction, is also dumb as fuck and no one liked it when it was added to the newest Beastmen armybook (pic related)

>fuck ton

Doombull, Wargor, Ghorgon, Jabberslythe.