/vn/ - Aqua Edition

Visual Novel General #1287

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.
E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z5JRsH3g6wY
twitter.com/Conjueror/status/812354405932695552?lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What will be the next kamige?

18+ Meikyuu

Best girl.

>still two more routes to go
No idea how they're going to top this.

Is it going to be explained how Aqua survived or why Daigo's memories went to shit? Don't tell me the explanation, just whether or not they explain it.

So no kamige until next December?

It's Umi!

Just do the Aqua's route, that will be explained in there.

Unfortunately

Rance torrent when?

Just use the mega link from the last thread.

Honest thoughts on tsukihime?

Umi is shit though.

I answered you in the previous thread!

You are shit.

Not a good VN.

Story and pacing are both awful, even by Type Moon standards.

Type Moon standards?

What I'm saying is Type Moon is usually juvenile garbage that's poorly written action scenes intermingled with jarring, badly paced sexual antics that involve bad comedy and young high school boys becoming sexually involved with vampires/demons/mages/King Arthur. Tsukihime not only defined this approach for Type Moon as the first, it was the clumsiest attempt at it that makes other Type Moon properties look well written in comparison (even though they obviously aren't).

Akiha's route is one of my favorites that I've read, but I wouln't really put it over F/SN with just that. It's well worth at least one read tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z5JRsH3g6wY

I really this version of that song.

>writing quality of the translation is garbage

Q (darkfusion): Well, I'm curious as to what was the hardest part about making the patch?

A (Ryuusoul): In all seriousness, though, for me, it was probably the H-scenes. Being a translator who got interested in Tsukihime despite the H-scenes (instead of because of them), it was kind of a trial going through them. That, and maybe the Nasu grammar (tm). Nasu's writing style is very interesting... you can find web sites in Japanese with sections dedicated to helping people understand just what the heck he was trying to say. His choice in kanji (the Chinese characters used in Japanese) was often very... creative.

From an overall project standpoint, it was probably making sure that everyone was motivated at the same time and working in the same direction. Even I originally quit the project after translation was finished, thinking that it was well on it's way to completion. I later came back when I noticed progress was a little stalled during the six months I was away. Of course, a lot of this was due to the fact that we had so many people working on the project, it was going in too many directions. After clearing our kitchen of too many cooks, we set up a head chef and went out from there. I hope you all enjoy the taste.

Q: What's up with all the commas?

A (Ryuusoul): That's intentional. Tsukihime is essentially a stream-of-consciousness work
and as a result, the commas are used to purposely disrupt the flow of reading in instances
where Shiki's mind either pauses or when people literally pause while speaking. I'm not going
to go into too much detail on the difference between ellipses and commas, but suffice it to
say that we (I) felt there is a distinct difference in how they feel, so I preserved their
use from the original.

They push Yuka hard as fuck in 11eyes. I get she's the main girl and all but geez.

Will Dies Irae make it?

Type Moon is not a famous company, Fate is popular nowadays and Tsukihime was back in the day(albeit it still holds up well among the fanbase considering the waifus were in the last top 20) but Japanese don't care about "Type Moon":

When SNK does a game they can say from the creators of Metal Slug and KoF, people will be interested.

When Naughty Dog does a game they can say from the creators of Crash Bandicoot and Uncharted

When Type Moon says from the creators of Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night otaku won't care, simply because they like those works in particular, not what the company produces.

This is TM's own fault because they focus only on waifus and waifus, the work itself maybe does not but the advertising, the merch, the materials the spin offs and all that are all waifu centric so in the end people will love those waifus and the game they appear in but they don't really care about a new story by Nasu that doesn't involve their waifu

Seriously, stop spamming that Himashit in every OP, retard.

>wah wah i dont like things wah wah
You sound like a 12 year old throwing a tantrum.

>When SNK does a game they can say from the creators of Metal Slug and KoF, people will be interested.

kek, maybe in the 90s, no one gives a shit about SNK anymore

It's a normal reaction when a random autist post the same game in evry OP because "hur dur, this is "the true kamige""

>I am talking out of my ass

It gets less Yuka focused later on.

>normal reaction
Wow, you must have been spoiled as a kid because you're wrong.
Just ignore it, you fucking moron.

You're just talking out of your ass and angry that people like what you don't.
I didn't a make any of the last threads, I don't even remember the last one I made.

Pedophile pandering ruined the VN industry.

It doesn't matter what one likes or not, but spaming the same VN in every OP is plainly stupid. If you want to worship only that VN then make a new general and stop with all that Himawari shill.

Moe pandering killed it, you can't possible make a game without moe elements or a highschool setting

Ok. Next one will be Rance.

Rance has his own general, stop trolling.

>Akiha's route is one of my favorites
Wow, I always thought that I am the only one who love her.

And Rance is a VN.

I'm fine with Himawari, but we need more Fata Morgana OP, it's the VNOTY after all.

Edgy pandering ruined the VN industry.
You can't possible make a game without autistic edgy MC or retarded masturbation to katanas and swords elements.

Support Dies Irae Kickstarter pls.

I am pretty sure its the same autist who shilling fata shitkana in every thread that also curenttly spamming Himawari OP.

Why someone would suppor Conju-pop? That's beyond me...

You mean Tsukihime and Fate?

I said Dies, not Yummers. All this money won't go to his paypal account.

>Highschool setting
Isekai VNs when?

Not all but 58% of it and I'm against the idea of givin him any cent if he will translate it like Himawari or Tokyo Babel.

there is a lot already if you can read jap

>Is it going to be explained how Aqua survived
No.
>why Daigo's memories went to shit?
In the side material, but the cause is implied in Asuka and Aqua's route.

>A lot
Really? Mind sharing at least 5?

Reminder to play Myth

I have depression.
Any recommendation for some feel-good VNs I can read during the holidays so I don't kill myself?

Her route explains how Aqua's survived do you not payed attention user? She said that she has her biological powers that can put her body into suspended animation.

VNs won't solve your special snowflake issues, user. Work on yourself.

Read some moege, that maybe helps you.

ef
Suika
Eden*

Read Maji de. Its fun and pretty long with sequels.

IKIKOI
K
I
K
O
I

Nekopara dude. If overly cute catgirls don't cheer up man's soul, nothing will.

we euphoria now?

You speak the truth!
But Japan as a whole is fucked. Everything is waifu-centered weeaboo pandering there, it's sad...
America is the way

ef
eden*

I am happy to see this meme is alive.

Majikoi. It makes me smile every time I play or replay it.

Did you really replay it ? I love it too but replaying seems too much for me since its so long. Maybe I'll do it too when all A gets translated.

I just replay some routes I like from time to time. I actually never read the whole game from start to finish. Pretty sure there is still some stuff left that I didnt read in S.

Interesting to see some possible Fate inspiration slipping into 11eyes, probably the closest it's come to feeling like Fate despite me seeing it compared to it a few times.

11eyes actually has felt a lot more polished, maybe because it doesn't really have individual routes but just one very long common route with some short branching. I wish more games would do this but it seems to upset readers when their girl doesn't get a route.

I'm on the last day so I'll post full thoughts on it when I'm done.

My first VN and it's still largely a favorite in my heart, even in spite of the issues.

I'm afraid to re-read it, though. Every screenshot I see of it now makes me wince a bit, because the translation reads like asshole.

That's Japan in general. And it's less like the public doesn't care about TM the company, it's more like their anticipation for a new title always comes with the precursor of: "Is it a new Fate game?" And, if it isn't, it simply won't do that well. If it has Fate in the title it'll print money, though.

Lol, he probably won't even see 20% of that money.

I can never replay VNs. I already know what's going to happen so I skip most things and just reread the cutesy parts or the part I'm interested in which lasts like 3 minutes.

moege on drugs my friend

Moege, and anything cute and fluffy.

Thats why I replay only routes with characters I like. Even though I know what's going to happen I still feels good to see them again.

Looking forward to your thoughts, user. I am curious about 11eyes and undecided if I want to play TB, 11eyes or Ayakashibito

Rise-chan.

Speaking of Fate inspired Visual Novels...
twitter.com/Conjueror/status/812354405932695552?lang=en

>try to preorder DCIII
>card keeps getting declined.

welp.

>Ayakashibito
Not that user but the begining is really good , though after Touko route(First one) I found the whole thing very lacking.

Dies irae is a shitty fate rip off.

rip Chuee

what's your favorite telltale visual novel? I personally really like the wolf on wall street.

Please help a completely useless person: I cannot find a download of the full version of Teaching Feeling for free. I have the English patch, just need the game. Thank you in advance.

>No idea how they're going to top this.
They don't, the rest of the VN is a 6/10 moege.

>wolf on wall street
I liked that too. Their other ones are complete crap.

the first walking dead one was pretty great, but now it's basically just telltale's fate series. the game of thrones one was shit. I don't even think I finished it.

Who is a meme girl in DC3?

translation never

Suginami

Not a girl.

;_;

FRIEND ZONED THE FUCK OUT

I like how Yuuji buried Mitcher in a box just like the dead cat.

In my heart he is

What was the name of the VN with the ghost of Elvis Presley in it?

Please don't spoil the game for others, user.

Chuee was arrested in Japan for child molestation. Even if he wasn't in prison, IroSeka would still have been butchered by Sekai Project and at the earliest be released in 2020.

It's a lot duller in general to have longer common routes but less diverse heroine routes. Although 11eyes circumvents some of this by having the alternate perspectives, having the plot barely change means you get to see less of the world overall.
For example, the way Muv-Luv does the routes in Unlimited is pretty shitty, Even Alternative would have been better if things like the coup were contained to a Meiya route instead of being part of the whole story.

There are a few VNs like that though, plus the general kinetic VNs. But if there's no big branching the story is usually better told in another medium, such as manga or as an LN.

The funny part is that Misuzu only gets one ero scene because the writer didn't know what kind of scenarios to write for her. Everyone else gets 2.

The final boss of Eustia is your brother.