Eve Online general /eog/

Christmas gifts are utter garbo.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX?
Yes of course!

>I just started, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy (embed)

Future:
Dec 14th-25th everyone will get a daily christmas gift from ccp! only redeemable for 24 hours per item.

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)

Permalink: orph.link/eog

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/kill/58501362/
fuzzwork.co.uk/lpstore/sell/10000002/1000125
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for beam omen

Thanks Kevin

fucking weebs ruin everything

ur waifu a slut

So do the gooks and Russians. I don't have any issue with them personally, but they seriously drain all the fun out of any game they get involved in

>le fun

In EVE only the trading/market is really and truly great. Industry and sov is good-tier at best, but I still see your point.
Different combat system is both a blessing and a curse, since fighting is ultimately "the end goal" of the game, and some people will dig a different system while other people will prefer this one.

There's only one major issue with this idea, and it's the first word of your suggestion.
Now I'm not bashing the company, I'm just saying that they'd have to develop two games with similar concepts at the same time. That's not gonna end well.

But ~some~other~ company making a game with eve-like trading industry and sov? Sure, why not?
As long as EVE is still alive and kicking, can't see a problem.

As consumers we do like to have more choice, don't we?
Assuming it doesn't come at the expense of both choices becoming shittier due to that, of course.

What's this I'm hearing about a publisher buying out EvE / CCP?

CCP was floated years ago

This is just one of the shareholders floating rumours to try and sell his stock as there's potentially huge profit but no buyers

>tfw been playing on an off again for almost five years
>no idea where to go
>no idea what to do
>joining Pandemic Horde

On a scale of 1 to 10 how dumb is this decision?

Do you guys feel like there are too many citadels in Eve by now? Space is fucking filled with so many of them, it's crazy. Especially compared to the effort it takes to kill them.

Citadels in low sec should lose one of their reinforcement timers, and in high sec they should lose two.

can a citadel be attacked in high-sec without concord intervention?

I'm not too hot on high sec mechanics but I'm told they can if you wardec the owner.

nothing is happening

>struggling to find stuff that's good trades
>decide to fit a small ship to grind out some agent missions whilst I'm waiting on trades
>immediately discover that every single item used in the fitting is a good item to station trade
yay

Take 20 minutes and go through every single item in the station you want to trade in. Add anything that sells in good volume to your quickbar

I want to do 4/10 ded sites, but all I can find are 3/10 even in 0.5 sec space. should I just go to null and do combat sites instead? if so, which area is the least populated?

Don't think you get a lot of guidance in PH.

>highsec

you're looking for the best and rarest sites in noob space. there's a shitload of people also looking for them, you aren't going to find them easily

Just join a null group and run sites in their space.

No one runs sites in high sec, it's too crowded

R E D S W A R M
E
D
S
W
A
R
M

>no one runs sites
>crowded

>tfw you listen to the soundtrack while stargazing and wish you could be out there

Hold me ;~;

null it is, then. I don't want to leave my small tax-free corp, what's the bestthing to fly solo for belt ratting and combat sites just below havens? I'm going to assume VNI?

>winter time
>keep thinking how much colder space is

no thx

It's a joke, like "no one bothers driving in new york, too much traffic"

Why would you belt rat, and why would you not just run havens?

And if you fly solo in null, you will die far more often than if you just join a group and sponge off of them for a while.

You don't want to be wrapped in the cold bosom of endless space?

>tfw they release plaid skin for comfy pod wandering

because I don't know how to haven and I don't want to leave my corp.

drop drones
orbit 30km
AB on

grats you can now haven

no im freezing atm

I have two fucking noobship skins now, and neither are my race. Has everyone else had this awful shit inflicted on them or am I alone in my doublesuffering?

Then why don't you and your corp go ninja some WH sites?

because everyone else is doing their own thing and I'm really only looking for a way to make some side cash while between incursions.

Sell them and buy the one you want?

You run highsec incursions, you don't need to fucking ninja rat.

Just take a drake into a c2 or something if you're bored between your risk free isk firehose drenchings..

>you don't need to ninja rat
you do when queue times are 3-5 hours and you only have 3 hours of free time a day.

You're supposed to join incursion fleets after downtime, as the fleet is reforming.

If you miss that, forget about it and go run missions or some shit.

down time happens about an hour into my 12 hour shift.

I don't play this game and don't plan to but here's a couple EVE ONLINE codes from the E3 2016 bundle.

EVEOnline 30-day Trial Access Code
3U9H8-MEBGL-Q7QTT-AFEVS-SBDPT-EJCRZ-MA009

EVEOnline 4 Ship Skins
VCRDU42V8EZNY6FRKD7LLKMF7

>500mn microwarpdrive II

>alreayd been used

fug

We have 40°C here. Im jelly.

>Avoiding Uedama turns Jita - Dodixie from a 15 jump trip to a 40 jump trip
CCPls

>being a shitter

Why do you think its such a death trap? Its basically the only option to get between them, I think Jita >> Amarr is the same way if you try to avoid Niarja.

Can't fly a DST yet so there's not really anything I can do about 10 gankers camping a highsec gate.

Don't fly any super expensive cargo through Uedama, its not hard.
Or if you do, fly it through there in something that they won't expect it to be in. I fly low volume expensive stuff in a Tengu because who the fuck is going to cargo scan a Tengu?

zkillboard.com/kill/58501362/

if he fit covert cloak and the subsystem he would have been fine.

>zkillboard.com/kill/58501362/
Why the fuck have so many people been hauling libraries of BPOs around recently?

>who the fuck is going to cargo scan a Tengu

What are the best guides out there to learn how to really do exploration like a non-retard including how to scan stuff really quickly and properly?

Is there any great video on youtube? I want to learn from the best.

Okay /eog/ here's a thought to chew on.

Minmatar Battleships are bad, compared to the other races. Discuss.

I will fly them regardless. How much pain awaits for me?

Bad for what? Pvp? Typhoon is pretty much the only unironical t1 Bs now.

just watch the first video that comes up
get the gist of it

and then practice in game.

it's really easy to master once you figure out to keep the camera locked in your target anomaly in the sonar map

How do i cash out concord LP without getting scammed?

>space
>sonar

Isn't RHML Phoon supposed to actually be decent or something?

>makes sonar sound
>not sonar

find the best is/LP item based on buy orders and grab as many as you can, then sell them in Jita for ~90% of the cheapest sell order.

Minmatar is cursed by only having a few good looking ships.

Maelstrom, Hurricane, Bifrost, Tornado and above all the Hel come to mind.

Meanwhile if you were to fly Amarr you'd be hard pressed to even find any ugly ships at all, they have by far the best designs.

Join the Concord LP channel and mailing list.

Never sell to Quickswipe Collier, although just not dealing with Quickswipe in general is a good way to play EvE

RHML is for fleet phoon. You don't fit them to normal phoon because you gonna spend more time reloading than shooting. Cruises or torps.
or RLML in WRs

>being retarded

PVE; Though with PVP the Maelstrom does come to mind with its heavy alpha.

>Amarr
>Not ugly

>no argument
>dude you're retarded xD

i win, goingto bed now wont read any replies you post gg noscoped 460

Why not use fuzzwork.co.uk/lpstore/sell/10000002/1000125

However doublecheck with eve central, some prices don't seem right.

is this viable on an alpha account? im trying to reactivate my only account via plex

How do you get from low sec into Jita? It seems every gate is camped or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

Reminder that the "Vindicator" is the best looking ship in all of Eve Online.

if you have a ton of concord LP you're sitting on then sure. you're going to need a lot of capital to buy the shit from the LP store first though.

>linking sell order info instead of buy order
the reason you want to check buy orders instead of sell orders is to see what's in demand and will get scooped up by the real jews.

P.S. make sure to cross check whatever you want to sell on evepraisal. always try to sell things that have both a high amount of buy and sell orders.

Specific implants like these don't really seem like something people would bother putting up buy orders for though, desu.

But you will get someone with enough money willing to buy these specialized implants. He probably wants it right there and then, though, not wait 1 week for some clown to come along and sell it to his buy order.

I got 4,009,975 LP, i just wanna cash out ASAP for a plex. I don't wanna sit and watch it trickle in.

Wat do?

sell closer to or at buy order then, just make sure that after tax and capital you're making some inkling of profit.

I sold 140 implants a week ago at buy order prices, cost me 350 mil in capital and I wound up getting 600 mil back. I could have made an additional 200 mil if I just undercut by a little bit, but I was impatient and didn't want to risk my plex lapsing.

>was still sitting on my "F R E E" aurum and got 300 bonus aurum, total of 1050
>bought phoenix lai-dai skin for 800 aurum
>just sold it on market for ~760m

Not bad. I almost bought 1 skill extractor for 1000 aurum just because I knew those would actually sell. Meanwhile with skins there's a few on the market at most at any time and they sell very slowly. Got a bit lucky there I guess, much better aurum/isk ratio than the extractor for sure.

So how bad is Amarr in terms of bots compared to Jita? Thinking of moving. Was considering Dodixie but it seems Amarr gets about twice the traffic.

do you like grey and blue or brown and gold?

I moved to Amarr to get a way from the Jita bots and its nowhere near as bad.

People here seem more willing to crash markets with no survivors though.

>tfw crashing markets in jita out of spite

you're a big jew...

I wish amazon would crash the PLEX market again.

When did we get 750 free aurum? I missed out on that.
I only got the 1000 we got for 2011 "eve is real".

Can I get this if I run my account through the standalone launcher instead of Steam?

Someone has spent all day in a buy order war with me despite not one fucking unit of the item being sold to either of us

what the fuck is premium edition

Hek?

>thats a bot and you've wasted your entire day

Anyone know why I can find sisters of eve L4 agents in the agents finder?

Do I need to do lower lv missions first?

You should ask eve online support mang.

protip: buy it on kunguin or your key site of choice

I've done that for two accounts, it's less than 20 bucks for the premium pack and it's well worth it, doesn't bind you to Steam either.

750 Aurum
Core Starter Pack (including 30 days of game time)
Colonist Content Pack (does not include additional Aurum)
Industrialist Content Pack (does not include additional Aurum)
Explorer Content Pack (does not include additional Aurum)
Skirmisher Content Pack (does not include additional Aurum)
Abaddon Tash-Murkon Battleship skin
Hyperion Innerzone Shipping Battleship skin
Maelstrom Nefantar Battleship skin
Rokh Wiyrkomi Edition Battleship skin
1 PLEX (30 additional days of game time)

kys

The artist is literally Chinese.

oh nice

>lol mom i sad kys because i cant type and im a reddit xd

>$20 for 60 days game time and a bunch of junk ships
I assume this is a one per account thing?