Is a V6 Camry really as fast as it is meme'd to be?

Is a V6 Camry really as fast as it is meme'd to be?

They've always been fast

Even in the 1990s look at the 1/4 mile of a V6 Camry to any of the popular 4/6 cylinder sport compacts of the time (Integra GSR, Prelude, Miata, GTI VR6, Probe GT, Impreza 2.5RS, 240SX)

All slower than a V6 Camry.

It's not fast, it's quick thanks to a 6 speed tranny with short gearing. At 3200lbs and 180hp it's pretty far from a meme.

What is faster, a V6
>Accord
>Camry
>Maxima
?

>180hp
Try 268hp moron and 250lbft

*268hp and 3400lbs+ for the V6

The accord will shit a tranny
The maxima will shit an engine
So the camry wins

The 3.5 had great, usable midrange power.

Most modern V6 cars will walk most other cars on the road, not including the twin-turbo beasts like the GT-R and NSX.

I've never actually seen a modern V6 Camry on the road, and I've wondered why that is. Perhaps most people don't bother because despite the bigger engine it's still automatic, still a big car and still front wheel drive, and they may not perceive a better 0-60 time to be worth the extra price.

Yes. Honestly they are. They not only quicker than bmw and benz they are easy to get good perforcement forever plus hold value. Those red hyundais are also excellent. Mind you Ford's Taurus is ok just cheaper qual.

>MSRP: From $31,370

Why would you buy one though? You could have any of the 4cyl muscle cars (or the Challenger with 6cyl), or if it's about space then you might as well get a CPO Lexus IS/GS.

I see a lot of old ass people driving them. They like a big feeling car with power and want an automatic. So it's a good match for them. Most normal people would never spend 30k+ on a Camry.

Probably because a lot of people would rather go for an entry level A4 or 3 series than a loaded Camry these days.
I still see quite a few here in NorCal though.

Well I don't think anyone buying a Camry could possibly give a shit about 0-60. They'd probably go for the more "I pray to Senna and Soichiro every night" Accord Coupe.

Anyone getting a Camry V6 probably just likes the feel of not having to flog the gas pedal to pick up speed quickly. Power is luxurious, it's why luxury cars have twin-turbo V12's despite having zero interest in winning races.

Fusion is probably the best sleeper grandma mobile

>Sport trim looks exact same as the other trims
>has 325hp and 380lb-ft with mag shocks

>Most normal people would never spend $30+ on a Camry

Exactly. The Toyota Avalon at least has RWD and is generally more luxurious. I believe it's faster too. But for $30k I'd rather buy a used Lexus. I see older V6 Camrys but never new ones.

Right

Yeah that's true, extra power is always nice in general. With modern eco tech it'll just shut off two cylinders while you cruise, too. And they accept regular gas. It's perfect.

>red hyundais
What do you mean, the 2.0T Sonatas?

Camry looks more unassuming, making it the better "sleeper."

Ava is fwd

Rear wheel drive hyundaiss

He means RWD.

Avalon is FWD and slower due to weighing more.

Ahhh OK

>just googled Genesis G80
Hnnnnnng Hyundai/Kia are making some seriously nice cars lately. The recent Optimas have been fresh as hell too IMO.

Yes. Those 2.0T Sonata/Optima are pretty quick for family sedans. The 1.6T is also pretty cool since it comes with DCT.

>The recent Optimas have been fresh as hell too IMO.

They're no joke. The Optima won a championship in the SCCA World Challenge against Mustangs, Camaros, and Caymans last year.

Bro just get v8 suv they cheaper better in every way or v6van

>0-60 in 5 seconds

fug

When are they going to give it more boost and a 6MT to become the new Legacy Spec B?

Depends on where you live. They're everywhere in Little Rock

is this true anyone?

>thinking that optima is anything like a production car

Also they are only able to compete because of BoP.

Doesn't undermine the speed of the car since all the cars were generally faster than 2014.

>a little rock bro
I've been on this board for 9 years this week, and met people IRL from 11 states, but never come across anyone else from here

NLR, AR bro here, what's up.

Not too fast in my opinion. Just one of the few good sedans.

Ever bring that down to the riverport to drag race? I don't, but my shop sits on the starting line

>$40k
>fwd-based awd
>trash 6 speed auto
>shit interior
>basically fwd

Could buy a used SS, charger scar pack or a brand new charger R/T that is faster, brakes better, and is rwd

A Charger is not a sleeper

An SS is I guess but good luck finding one

for some reason avalons are way cheaper than camrys used

Avalon are nice. I almost picked a 2015 but the number steering and bland body did it in vs. The Impala V6 I ended up buying. The Camryears as a rule understeer from grossly to barely acceptable depending on year and the suspension tuning is scary at 90+ vs the Avalon or especially the current gen impala

My ex had a 2000 camry and grandpa had a 2005 and none of them could corner for shit, pretty scary considering i wasn't even pushing it hard

besides the 2.0t sonata
the 3.3l v6 was the fastest one they made

I know because I own one, it still looks pretty nice

Modern V6 sedans all make like 270bhp+

>The accord will shit a tranny
2002 called...

I did an 2000 v6, a 2007 se v6 and a 2015 v6... all terrible to varying degrees. The 2007 was worse than a pontiac g6 I had as a rental which for a while there was by far the worst understeer I have ever encoutered.

>4 cylinder muscle

>buying a Mustang with an I4
>buying a Challenger with a V6

I could forgive a Camaro V6 since that's more of a straight sports car than anything, but muscle cars need a V8.

>Don't buy a practical family car, buy a pussified Mustang instead
Never change Veeky Forums

>mustang
>muscle

Depends where you live. If you're in an urban area the 4 cylinder is worth it. Drive anywhere west of PA and you're gonna want the extra weight and passing power of the v6

I read the 9th gen Impalas with the 3.6 lfx shatter assholes too

I'd pick a v6 accord out of all of them because it has the least retarded styling

V6 Camry puts down around the same numbers as the V6 Camaro/Mustang.

Didn't the camry wagons have a fucking beast of a v6 and nobody really knew or cared?

Well to be fair, a lot of browsers here are young single guys who don't really need 4 doors. The ironic thing being that insurance fucks you in the ass if you drive a smaller car with 2 doors just because you're perceived to drive it more recklessly. They should have a look at all the crazies whipping around in their Accents, Corollas and Sentras like mad men, as if having a little "S" on the back of your FWD, 4 banger automatic economy car makes it fast or sporty somehow.

The modern Carmy is faster and more powerful than a GT86/FR-S/BRZ too. That's beside the point of why you would buy the smaller, lighter RWD car over the bigger car with the bigger engine in the first place (modding).

Gotta love profiling. Cops never bat an eye when I drive like a suicidal cunt in my Accord