/rsg/ - Runescape General

Maze edition.
previous thread: Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. No requirements.)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Update:Game_updates

>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/sliskes-endgame--frostworld-part-2?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,7,65861495

>Latest ̶B̶T̶S̶ Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=n2s5epRi4rM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4rM_cpcAyhI
reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/5jxjuw/mod_stu_o_has_left_jagex/?st=ix22vupg&sh=bc2ae50d
youtube.com/watch?v=cuZILD_tNEQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for clues are worthless and you're a cuck if you do them

Zaros is a cuck, discuss.

Lorefags WILL defend this

Reminder to do your clues, free re-rolls this weekend!!

Rude ?

Is this the biggest disappointment in the game?

no. you're a retard.

>free rerolls
>3

I'm about to do sliske's endgame
someone tell me what I'm in for

Oh..

A-maze-ing content!

It's literally one reroll per day, not even one per clue tier.

I made this just in time.

Part 1 is just running around as an errand boy.
Part 2 is a terribad samey maze preceded by a boring fight.
Part 3 is a gankquad
Part 4 is asspulls along with the final boss.

I rate this work a maze/10

oh boy

Why do you need five different pictures of the same thing?

Armadyl is gay and Saradomin has a daughter.

>Armadyl is gay
not that shocking somehow

gay bird

>more common clue scrolls

Nox set from easy clues, here I go.

Zamorak is justified
Saradomin is an asshole as always
Armadyl is Gay
Seren is full of regret
Zaros tries to move with his plans
Dragonkin are savages
Use a guide for the maze
Bossfight equivalent to fighting all the pillermen at once
Another bossfight

Are the clue scrolls just regular clue scrolls or are they relatively easy like the cs week?

regular, waste of time outside of your one free reroll

>Zamorak is justified
justified for what? killing villages for the laughs?

mutated bloodvelds or fire giants task?

It's all worth it for Part 5 the BTFOing of Zaros

>tfw pleb and will only get medium
Not so sure I'll do them.

Has a more based Jmod ever existed?

youtube.com/watch?v=4rM_cpcAyhI

>Zaros says he'll keep trying meaning Jagex is going to keep using him in the future
>HAHAHA BTFO
???

>alcohol

degenerates

>Saradomin is an asshole as always
When is he an asshole?
He only tells you that he's the most experienced user of the stone, which is probably true if you disregard the elder gods

Avianse burning was perfectly fine

I see you found that thread as well
Don't worry though, we still have Osbourne and Raven :-)

>Zaros: I've worked my whole life to be an elder god, accept me
>>Jas: No
>Zaros: I'll prove to you I'm good enough
>>Jas: you can't
>Zaros: why not?
>>Jas: A flame can never be a star
>Zaros: *tears up* I'll show you!

>Previously on Sliske's Endgame
>Death: Hey player I found out something cool
>>Player: I've been wandering in this maze for 4 hours with Icthalrin's nose up my ass crack, just fucking tell me
>Death: I know how the Gods are gonna die, pick one
>>Player: One? Fuck you, asshole. Zaros I guess.
>Death: He dies in a fiery explosion of light and profound sadness

Stu O was an animation guy, he never touched lore

Thread?
>the lore is safe
>scared.jpg

>Sliske fight
>Last phase
>throw him off the cliff
>His raining lightning bolt bullshit still hits me for unavoidable 5k plus damage anyways

Zamorak did nothing wrong

reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/5jxjuw/mod_stu_o_has_left_jagex/?st=ix22vupg&sh=bc2ae50d

So therefore Zaros does clue scrolls?

do you still have the eoc combat beta contract item?

Only on some of my secondary accounts that I never use

>People in software should change jobs every 2 years or so if they want to have the best career path.
I wonder if that's true.

>Every time Saradomin meets other gods he starts God Wars
>When the Naragi told him to piss off he started a battle on their planet
>He mutilates people who dont do exactly what he asks
>He genocided all the races on New Dominia except the Icyene
>In the maze he cares more about killing Zamorak than finding the stone

it is somewhat true for all jobs in the modern world. it is much easier to get a better salary at a new job than it is to ask for an equivalent raise at your current job

Remember in 2011 when Saradomin was still the god of order AND good?
What the fuck is jagex doing?

It kind of is. Basically the salary you get as a new hire with experience is more than the raises you get from staying with a company long term. You also build a more diverse work history and portfolio which is more attractive to employers.

Even to use a hypothetical, two applicants apply to your studio:

Guy 1
>6 years at Jagex Ltd.

Guy 2
>2 years Jagex Ltd.
>3 years Lionhead Studios
>1 year some other place

Both have good references and left their jobs on good terms. Personally I'd be concerned that with Guy 1 I'm hiring a "Runescape Dev", probably great at what he does but he can only do a few things, and what if our workflow is very different from Jagex's? Will he not do well?
With Guy 2 I know I'm hiring a "Game developer", someone with a myriad of experiences in different workflow environments.

Philosophy and winner writes the history. :^)
Anyone revered as good and power is obviously a secret asshole. :^)

clue scrolls are fucking trash
160k for 10 scans

>Remember in 2011 when Saradomin was still the god of order AND good?
No?

Paul and Andrew were always very clear about the fact that Sarodomin and Zamorak were never "Good and Evil" and that the characters we interacted with (like Sir Tiffy) were biased.

It's not your fault if you were a kid and didn't notice that though

see
These two people happened

>The church is evil
FUCKING JRPG TROPES
I just want to play as a paladin to purge degenerates and evil edgelords for Saradomin
Not be a lackey for Hitler 2.0

>Saradomin was still the god of order AND good?
What the fuck are you smoking?

On the plus side, all the gods seem to be assholes in their own right. And most of them use to be mortals so it kind of makes sense.

>It's been too long since I've had the pleasure of having an aviansie burn
Armadyl had better have some burn heal

saradomin was never good

>jews today so jewish they won't give you good raises so you have to keep switching jobs to get better pay
>can't just get comfy somewhere
Woe is me.

You had such a good opportunity and you wasted it

>get bored of hunting tortles on RS3 for bowl materials and hunter pet
>take a break by hunting red chinchompas on OSRS for 73 hunting
>realize I could've just been masturbating this whole time in either case

>tortles
Why?

Just mine all your ingredients like a normal person and transmute them

t.3mining2div islandfag

But I can't transmute to make normal tortle bowls.

Does anyone know of a player named MF Doom?

Yeah fuck people with a sense of loyalty.

Not sure if that's sarcasm.

It is. Because that's a really perverse incentive system.

Just making sure user. Can't say I disagree.

Some user here want to do me a favor? It sounds weird but just need you to try to add some one and see if they're online. Can't tell if they blocked me or not.
All in all I just want you to call them a cuck if they're online.

People on your ignore list can still see if you are online. They can also still message you but the receiver won't be able to see the message.

"Clue Scroll Weekend | 23rd December – 26th December

1 free reroll per clue scroll per day."
per clue

Is supreme invigorate aura good?

Yes but what if I'm on their ignore list? Can I still see them online? I assumed not.

>Can I still see them online?
Yes.

Its one free reroll per day, Jagex fucked up the text.

Oh wait, I misread. Sorry about that. Thanks, user.

Might explain why he never responded. Or why the other person didn't either. If I friend them and they go to press ignore, will it still show them online for me?

>totally unambiguous message
>they still weren't saying what they meant
GG

what the fuck is the deal with this maze
even with a guide it's taking forever

I thought his reasoning for Garlanida was justified actually.

>If I friend them and they go to press ignore, will it still show them online for me?
Yes, they will appear as online to you until they set their online status to offline or friends only. 'Friends only' means only people *they* have added will be visible.

If you want to find out if the person has you blocked, attempt to join their friends chat.
If you can join, you aren't blocked.
If you get a message saying you aren't allowed to join you are on their ignore list. Keep in mind that there also are separate messages in case the person hasn't made a friends chat or they've made rank requirements in order to be able to join it.

official jagex seal of quaity

Thanks for the help, user.

So every scum pker uses that royal dhide for warbands. What's the average crossbow they use, does anybody know?
What would be the next step up in melee gear that would allow me to not feel the sting as much and maybe even kill them without having to spend too much money?

Royal crossbow/dark bow for warbanders that just want supplies
nox bow for people that just want to ''''PK''''' or warbanders that want loot and/or the ability to fight back in the event of an attack

Rock-shell armour is more or less the only cheap melee armour I can think of unless you don't mind using bandos/barrows

Just whatever might give me a better defense and maybe even kill them back if it's only one guy. Not sure what to do for fcs that come through, besides run away.

What about a weapon?

Keep seeing people giving reminiscing messages about "pre-EoC dg". Was dg easier or something before then? Did they not have to deal with 20 billion weaknesses bs? Kind of forgot the combat pre-EoC.

Pre-EOC combat was "hit it with the best sword you have".

enhanced excalibur and dragon dagger

or whip if you're feeling like going all out

I remember that. Couldn't remember if there were any weaknesses or not. Can't people just go onto Legacy servers and do the same thing?

Those aren't too expensive. Might give that a try. Thanks senpai. Hopefully I won't lose money.

I don't like EOC, but it doesn't actually make a big difference for dg. As long as people aren't so retarded as to kill every mastyx when people tell them they're trying to make range armor, the only other difference I can think of is prayer effectiveness.

Weaknesses (other than combat style) didn't matter before EoC and don't matter now either. All EoC did is make combat easier.

The real culprit of why dungeoneering is so much worse now than back in the day is the second pgt. Now a single player can cover way too much of the map, sort of detracting from the skill required.

Nox scythe or one drygore and a t70 main/offhand of choice (enhanced excalibur or wildy sword 4) are the weapons I see the most when I do warbands
Honestly though I'd recommend just finding a warbands fc if you just want to do the activity. 75 supplies in one wave beats 25.

>Monsters were actually dangerous. Many of them could hit 700+ when players had 990 health
>Killing monsters generally took a lot longer time, resulting in dungeons being longer
>the ''''high end'''' dungeoneering community actually wanted to finish dungeons in a reasonable time instead of the retards in modern public worlds trying to leech their way to 99/120
>Tightly knit ''''''elite''''' dg community
>Longer dungeons and chaotics being BiS resulted in higher demand = More buyers for the leech sellers
that's all I can remember right now

pgt?

how do I find the guy that gives you the clue scroll?

>Honestly though I'd recommend just finding a warbands fc if you just want to do the activity. 75 supplies in one wave beats 25.
Sounds nice, but I have integrity here. And if that's what you do I hope you're offended you fucking filthy shitter. :'^(

oh yeah
No secondary gatestone (as someone else already said)
Keys were actual items that weren't shared party wide. If someone had a key only that person could open the matching door

To the guy who complained he can't do Sliske with Drygores and can't use anything else because muh GP; just finished him with Shadow Glaives, with plenty of food left to spare.
Both cost about as much as one Drygore.

So basically it's because dg is now a lot easier than it was? With monsters being easier, second gatestone, and the keys being shared?

He means the individual gatestones that only one person can teleport to. If you do enough daemonheim achievements, you have one gatestone you can create and destroy infinitely and start with enough runes to use the other one like 13 times. I hadn't heard the theory that this was hurting dg but I can't disprove it.

Yes, pretty much.

youtube.com/watch?v=cuZILD_tNEQ
At the time this video was uploaded a sub 8 minute floor was considered legendary, now a team of five semi competent average joes can do the exact same thing.