>fell for memes again

Bought a 30 year old Toyota Corolla with 200hp less then my 240 because anime & memes told me it would skid better. But all I learned was that S-Chassis basically slide themselves & AE86's truly fulfill their purpose as a great commuter car/beater.

I mean yeah the 240 feels like it was pretty much made for drifting, but I loved my 86 way more when I did spirited touge runs. Try something other than drifting on a track and you'll see how great the car really is. Or you can just quit wasting your time and buy a miata

I bought it for only $1200 to replace my daily, and drove it home from 2 states away.
Didn't get it to be a skid car, but did a few slides after I got home on dry pavment. Had to keep it pinned up near redline to stay sideways compared to my 240 that I can just casually have in the midrange & tap the throttle for more & more angle.

Good job I would fucc you in rl

Weld the diff my dude. Lsds are basically open diffs after 30 years.

New LSD's seem cheap enough for the 86 compared to a 240.
Also heavily contemplating JDM Trueno bumpers even tho I told myself not to touch the exterior.

Get reps, cause you're going to bash em guaranteed. Spend the money on ITBs instead, if you want power (like 30hp gain)
If you want driftability get a set of proper coilovers. Again, don't spend money on exterior.

ae86 was the silvia before the actual silvia became cheap shit

If that's the 86 from Cali, I'm going to fucking gut you.

Connecticut. Got it off a cool dude from club loose north.

AE's never really looked good in black, though first thing I'd do is a suspension overhaul and decent tires

You'll have a good time with that alone

I have a set of 17x7 4 lug VW GTI wheels with some conti extreme contacts that I traded a plate of fish & chips for, but don't think they'll fit. Probably gonna try & tade or sell for some 14's or 15's

anime=/=real life

Looks bad senpai

for a $1,200 AE86 it looks amazing that it can move under its own power

She looks really clean. You drove it across 2 states without any problems?

I couldn't fathom driving mine before undertaking a serious overhaul and some power gains.

1.2k for a gts or an sr5? cause if its a gts thats a damn good deal.

I took a peak under & in the wheel wells before I bought it.
Frame rails, rockers, & wheel wells were pretty rust free; pinch welds had some rust that wasn't bad & could still be lifted from with a jack.
Then rear shock towers were patched & quarter panels were definitely replaced.
As for the drive, I was averaging 70-80mph and the car felt pretty stable in the front end. Had my girlfriend following in a E39 in case something happened & was watching the temp & oil pressure guage the whole time, but it made it fine without a problem.

Got my SR5
Swapped in a big port 16v
-new
Pistons.cams.valves. ect. A brand spanking new engine pretty much as well as a MSD ignition system and Mikuni 44phh carbs

Got coilovers
New gts rear end
Oh and scored on Celica supra wheels in the junkyard for $100 bucks!!

What are the advantages of going carb over EFI?

That's a good deal then. I too often pondered JDM bumpers but everyone here has one so I decided to keep my USDM one for special snowflake status.

There are none. Don't let him meme you.
They just look and sound cool.

my advantage was not switching over the whole fuel system

i got to keep my tank and most of my good line since my car was originally carb.(sr5)

also i didn't have to wire the EFi system instead a simple MSD box and distributor set up

Man i cant wait till i purcahse mine, nice pick op!

Nice, I always wanted an AE86.

I can even drive my 240 because the city of seattle is so stupid for putting a ton of salt on the roads

Had my 240 put away, but had to take it out for a couple days after I melted the wheel bearing & hub on my Maxima.
Washed all the salt off & parked it again for the rest of the winter earlier today.
At least now, if the Maxima fails again I can just get the 86 undercoated & drive that since it's already a patched car without original panels to worry about.

Damn that is a clean 240 user

I know that feel bro.

Had one last drive one morning and found out that they sprayed salt everywhere so I drove back and hosed everything and covered her.

I don't understand how people still drive S15s around here with all this salt, it kind of pissed me off that these people don't give two shits about it.

That's what it was supposed to be. You have to do a bunch of things to it, if you want to make it fast. Doesn't mean that grippy runs on the twisties aren't fun as fuck in it.

I have one too and it's a real blast to drive. You got yours for a great price though, I'd buy a second one in a heartbeat if I ever got such a deal.

dont park your car on the grass moisture fumes from the dirt...