ZL1 confirmed godmachine

>impossible to overheat
>better skidpad than the GT350R

About time GM stepped it up

motortrend.com/cars/chevrolet/camaro/2017/2017-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-first-test-brute-squad-goals/

Other urls found in this thread:

fastestlaps.com/comparisons/gvkjvedlbptc
nismo.co.jp/en/news_list/2014/news_flash/140006.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>In the aggressive driving modes, such as Sport and Track, the throttle actually opens more slowly to get more control

>having driver aids

>"Randy strongly felt there were some tenths left in the automatic ZL1. He worked with a couple of engineers from Chevy and kept adjusting tire pressures and lapping. The result? An unofficial lap time of 1:25.87, recorded on the ZL1’s optional Performance Data Recorder (PDR). A McLaren 650S Spider—a mid-engine, 3,239-pound, 641-horsepower, carbon-fiber supercar—does a 1:25.88. Yes, you read that right. The quarter-million-dollar McLaren got beat by a Camaro. But because our test team didn’t run the numbers—meaning we don’t have a Vbox data file of the lap—we have to asterisk Randy’s lunchtime lap."

A McLaren 650S. It's as fast as a mid-spec McLaren. Jesus fucking christ.

yummy yummy thank you mummy

>price as tested: $67,425
also
>the ZL1 has the eighth-best lap we’ve ever seen around Big Willow and is less than a second behind the best we’ve seen from big brother Z06 (1:25.00).
shitposters btfo

1:25.87 is still .17 seconds behind the Nismo GT-R, so they haven't been BTFO yet

If I'm not mistaken 1:20.00 is faster than the GT-R's 1:25.70.

>If I'm not mistaken 1:2.00 is faster than the GT-R's 1:25.70.
Typo.

>RWD
>650hp
It better have driver aids if GM fanboys buy it, otherwise they'll all end up in a ditch.

>literally half the price of the nismo
>.17 seconds slower
this a camaro being compared to a fucking GTR mind you. But i as referring to them verifying the z06's lap time... again

I wonder what the McLaren would achieve if they'd spend an entire day testing it trying to squeeze better times for the paying manufacturer like with the camaro instead of just doing a couple hot laps and using the time with warmed up tires...
This is why motortrend and car and Driver are a joke

McLaren spent the whole day with Motortrend trying to make the P1 go faster after the 918 beat it in a head-to-head. They never got it to go any faster, but they tried. Who says they didn't do the same trying to achieve this specific time?

McLaren has nothing to prove they've won le mans on their debut race with a road car

Stay btfo gm cuck

Just watch the EcoBoost Ford GT completely annihilate everything this side of a 918.

They still haven't even released horsepower figures on that one. By the time they release some laptimes, we'll be at Corvette C12.

Yeah it's fast. A shame you can't see out of it though

>I wonder what the McLaren would achieve if they'd spend an entire day testing it trying to squeeze better times
>McLaren spent the whole day [..] trying to make the P1 go faster
>Mclaren has nothing to prove

"normal" internet discussion in three lines

When McLaren want the p1 to go fast they just throw trofeos on and embarrass the fastest radical ever built

Stay btfo cheating gm fanboy

keked

Roof periscopes when?

>ZL1 still on street tires

What happens when they put Trofeo's on it?

>spend a billion dollars and years producing a car
>cant spend a day doing lap times
Hmmmm..... ok I guess

I hear this a lot, but I've drove multiple Camaros and I don't have this problem? Like what exactly is blocking people's view? I can see just fine out of them.

Every manufacturer other than gm just send a press car out and let them do as they wish
Gm sends a team of engineers out with the car to scrutinize every moment of the test...

Gm cucks btfo

Except every manufacturer ALWAYS brings a team of engineers.

Shit, the AMG GT S and Jaguar SVR broke down last BDC and they needed the team to fix them.

No they don't
Only gm
Stay btfo and making up lies

>the Z28 will come out and BTFO everything
>anti GM shitposters will finally be forced to commit suicide because they have no arguments left

>It better have driver aids if GM fanboys buy it, otherwise they'll all end up in a ditch.
what a cuck policy
I'd rather have a mr2 that respects me and requires respect

>impossible to overheat
>that's now a selling point for GM cars

Except the 800+ hp EcoBoost GT500 comes out on january 10th and it will BTFO everything gm has to offer, and so will the Ford GT.

The 850HP Shelby Super Snake already came out for this chassis. It was shit. More power won't fix that the Mustang simply has a worse chassis and suspension set up than the Camaro.

The last generation z28 is slower around the nurburgring than a base model 2009 gtr running in the wet on all seasons...
New z28 won't be any better considering current generation corvette can't lap the ring either Roflmao

>tiny bit of help implemented to make the car not kill you from having too much power vs japanese computer on wheels
ghee batman
nissan cannot make anything worth buying that isn't a patrol
amazing company you've got there weebs

Super Snake =/= GT500
stay btfo

dumb question. does the IRS and magnetic ride only come in the ZL1 or is it on the regular camaros too?

Chebby fans will be BTFO by the GT500

Camaros haven't had solid axles since the 1980's

Magride is on the SS 1LE

ah yes a blast from the past

this

oic, thanks.

Similar question... The ZL1 seems to be great value compared to a regular Camaro, in the sense that lets say a 2SS loaded out will be $50kish and a ZL1 will be $63kish lets say.
That $13k difference seems like it would be more than made up for in the upgraded parts. Like I'm thinking just adding a supercharger to a 2SS would bring the cost of it to $58k.
I feel like I'm missing something... perhaps I'm just overestimating how much it would cost to bring a 2SS to a similar performance level

Nothing. They just need some shit to spew whenever their Japanese Meme machine is threatened by a car half its price

fastestlaps.com/comparisons/gvkjvedlbptc
>souped up bottom of the line economy car destroys another companys halo car on a track

you literally cant make this shit up

Good luck finding a supercharger kit for the new LT1, nevermind one that won't overheat, still retains the factory warranty, adds all the other performance goodies also includes in the ZL1 (like wider fenders), and still come in under that 63K price difference. Also, guess which one will depreciate harder: the DIY 60K supercharger SS, or a Zl1 stocker?

>3.5 seconds to 60
>11.5 second quarter at 125mph

dang, that's pretty quick

Ferrari, porsche, mclaren all do that

That's exactly what I mean, it seems like a ZL1 is incredible value.

>Good luck finding a supercharger kit for the new LT1
I know there's a procharger one, but I don't have a clue how much it even costs.

At that point you're going to have to spend tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars for diminishing return.

The ZL1 is the American pinnacle of price versus performance and value

The only thing that keeps me on the fence about the whole mustang vs. Camaro thing is I see all these shitloads of different performance packages for the mustang and hardly any for the camaro. That and I personally think Fox bodies were the last decent looking mustang.

But I'd really like to see more performance Shit for the camaro before I start picking sides.

>
>fastestlaps.com/comparisons/gvkjvedlbptc
>>souped up bottom of the line economy car destroys another companys halo car on a track
>you literally cant make this shit up

Except you can because even the R32 done it faster than both of them.

>Ferrari
No they don't. Ferrari wouldn't give top gear a car to test because they wanted to do a comparison with McLaren.

>fastestlaps
honestly, if you're posting this site unironically you're 100% a video gamer with zero track time

Random lap time from no name tourist in the r34
Only video proof of cobalt shows it running almost 9 minutes
R33 is under 8 minutes, r34 stock for stock is faster than r33, do the math gm cuck

lol, gm fags got BTFO in their own safespace thread

>excuses

top kek

Warp speed

>a prototype crashed during testing
that was never a valid point.

keep projecting

>prototype
Lol dumb trip fag

>prototype
lol, triggered

We need some new memes.

I guess it's 17' zl1 vs what the r35 now?

Don't bother
The GT500 comes out in January and will BTFO the camaro

this.

>gm fags bragging about 650 hp
lol, it's 2012 all over again

gm decided to unviel the zl1 early this time so they wouldn't be embarrassed at the Detroit auto show

>implying i'm wrong
nice selfie.
I have a wide selection.

The supersnake was literally a GT500 with some extra tuning by shelby. That was all.

>projecting
lmao

>a production car is a prototype
Lmao gm fangirl so desperate

>Daily reminder
>7:08

The ZL1 w/manual ran an *official* lap time of 1:26.16 in Willow. Unfortunately there isn't much meme potential there. Still slower than the Nismo GT-R. Faster than the last 911 GT3 RS, but Porsche fans don't care about lap times.

>gm fags getting btfo yet again
lmao
btfo, gm won't recover

oh well, at least murica is btfo the ricer dream car

It literally wasn't

Who cares about Ford shit.

Unless it has that new flatplane crank v8 and literally supercar performance its doa.

Like ffs the zl1 is 100k cheaper than the r35 and beats 200-500k supercars around the track.

I fucking want but im a poor aussie with dreams dammit where is the rhd version?

Reminder that the GT-R needed a specific N-Attack package to hit that 7:08, which costs 80k and replaces enough parts on the Nismo that it might as well be a new trim.

nismo.co.jp/en/news_list/2014/news_flash/140006.html

That puts the price at 230k, at which point you might as well buy an *actual* supercar like the 488, Huracan, or 650S

>ford is f-finished
>conveniently ignores the existence of the GT and the upcoming GT500
lmao, sure

It actually set a 1.25 unofficially but it needs retesting on better tyres

How is driver AIDS different from regular AIDS

>american shit is only fast when tested and fiddled with for an entire day with a team of engineers present
Who would have thought...

>Nips and Germans don't bring engineers to set lap times

You're completely fucking delusional m8

I'm talking about the pre facelift, but I think you mean the post facelift.

It will have an Ecoboosted Voodoo with 800+ hp
gm doesn't have a chance

JESUS CHRIST THEY RELEASED SOME PRESSURE OF THE TYRES STOP THE PRESSES.

GM HAS USED BLACK MAGIC TO MAKE THE CAMARO FASTER.

No they don't
See the z06 vs NISMO GTR willow test... nissan sent out a press car and no engineers... gm had an entire team of engineers there for the "retest" and conveniently sets a faster time once the damper and traction control settings are fine tuned after an entire day of testing

Sport auto etc.. they just run porsche press cars
No team of engineers

Gm does this shit with every press event
Hardly anyone else does it and if they do its for a launch of a car or something equally special not random comparisons

>the slow realization that the times aren't official now hitting gm fags
lmao

You forgot the part where it will have less aero than the GT350 too.

The 500 is a boomer mobile. The 350R is miles better and it always was. Deal with it Anti GM nigger, cause you're definitely not a ford fan.

>believing gm lies
They also aren't responsible for deaths of customers due to knowingly using faulty ignition switches? Lmao stay delusional
Keep in mind this is the same company where the lead corvette designer literally said to the press the z06 will lap nurburgring in under 7 minutes

>people believing the GT500 will be faster than the 350R

The GT500 was and still is the grand tourer and drag queen of the lineup. Ford never used them for racing. Maybe it'll do an 10 second 1/4 mile but it won't win on the track.

Except the 350 is inferior. The GT500 vs the GT350 is going to be the difference between the boss 302 Laguna seca and the GT500.

Stay delusional.

>all these delicious tears
lmao, the last gt500 beat the zl1 at Laguna seca

the delusional is real from gm fags

The specs and performance if its American its shit especially Camaros that are only owned by rednecks with a mullet.

>t-the gt500 will save m-me!!1

Lol
Delicious

>the Zora and z28 will save me!!
Lmao

>prezo so btfo he stops replying
lmao

>The GT500 vs the GT350 is going to be the difference between the boss 302 Laguna seca and the GT500
The laguna seca boss walked over the GT500 in anything that didn't have a mile of a straight road, with 200 less HP.

Here, I even used that silly sight you like, and lo and behold. A full second faster in your beloved big willow.
You literally pretend to like ford to hate on the general failure, and it shows.

Stop embarassing yourself.

>ARGRHHHHH PREZO I"LL GET YOU!!!!1
Lel
Actually the senpai just arrived so i'm out

someone keep the thread bumped so I can check on the salt later

merry christmas bitches :^)

>posts lap times where the gt500 beat it 3 times
and it beats the zl1 at willow and the Nurburgring

lovin the damage control

>Mustangs literally the biggest shitboxes on the market
>Camaro hilly billy market as ITT
It just shows you can give Americans all the research money you want and they will produce a car with a bigger turning cirle than a bus

>chevys literally the biggest shitboxes on the planet
lmao

It's literally the horsepower at work. Laguna, virginia nad sachsenring have huge straights.
>and it beats the zl1 at willow and the Nurburgring
I don't see a problem with that. I actually like ford, unlike you.

You are quite mad from the looks of it.