Prove me wrong

The E46 M3 is the best car money can buy. Prove me wrong faggots.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2pR3AWPbhRE
youtube.com/watch?v=XFTesnkRvd8
youtube.com/watch?v=tEP9vl9AuVA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its old, slow, costs a ton to repair, looks the exact same as a 318i with a sport bumper, they are all falling apart, they've all been abused and mistreated

15 years ago she was a total babe, 10 years ago she was still hot, 5 years ago she was a milf, now she's a busted, worn out wizard's sleeve.

This is the best description of the e46 m3 I have ever seen in my entire life

>its old, slow, costs a ton to repair
inb4 he drives a modern Honda

4.7 seconds 0-60 is not slow m8
the e46 is old but still a great platform, a boosted E46 M3 ran the Nurburgring in 7:10 recently.

Yet it's faster than some of todays "fast" cars such as Maserati Granturismo. May not be as fast but still a quick car. You can still find very nice examples if you know the car and search. Also there was no 318i e46 model. Hood, bumper, mirrors, etc. are all M specific

Car and driver tested it at 4.5 with a manual

>no 318 e46 model
my gf owns an E46 318 coupe

youtube.com/watch?v=2pR3AWPbhRE

lets see ur moms camry do this bud

Those are also things you can change easily

Also how does it cost a ton to repair? Parts are relatively cheap for a German luxury car and it is very reliable compared to most other BMWs. Only major weaknesses are Rear subframe and vanos both of which can be locked down and DIY'd for under $1k

Oops. My bad. Must have been Europe only

this but also
>muh need for speeeeeed

You buy an M for the performance. It's a wolf in sheeps clothing to begin with. Yes it is easy to make a fake M but if you do that you're a faggot anyway

^^^ 1. user said it all.

I have 2 more words for you niggaz

>subframe failure

t. BMW lover who extensively researched E46 chassis for the past few weeks on various forums.

Yes E46 can be God Mode. But be prepare to put in the $$,$$$'s

youtube.com/watch?v=XFTesnkRvd8

and then you're not in the bang for buck zone anymore.

Already addressed subframe issues. Can be DIYd for very cheap. All it requires is $100 reinforcements plates from Turner or Reddish. Can be epoxied or welded in.

It's not hard to drop the subframe and pull the rear seats and seam weld.
Things like this shouldn't matter on an enthusiast board.

bump

Thread/

Because a 97 honda accord is the best car ever created.

>fwd
dropped

Literally just a single day of work if you've never done it before. That's no excuse.

>old
>ugly
> slavs cart these days
>unreliable
Mercedes is literally better in every single way

Tank had to go, too.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNNNN

The E36 M3 exists. Granted the E46 is a close second, and the last good looking 3 Series.

e46 m3 isn't the best e46 because its outdated and still costly

e46 323i is the best because it is still a luxury sedan compared to most cars today and pretty cheap to repair for a bmw.

>e46 323i is the best because it is still a luxury sedan compared to most cars today and pretty cheap to repair for a bmw.

Any 6 cylinder E46 is the way to go. Maybe the M52TU ones a bit more because the engine is still a bit simpler and more robust, but in general, they are all great.

>
i know right

>the last good looking 3 Series
That's for damn sure. I would even call it the last good looking BMW. Nothing but giant headlights and kidneys after that.

slavs dont drive M3's
The S class is a very popular choice for slavs though
you don't know shit
t. eastern european

Too bad tha only gypos drive old Mercs over here.

>my gf owns an E46 318 coupe
Checked for quads.

Your "gf" sounds hot.

>enthusiast board.
Probably like 5 posters on this board total are enthusiasts. The rest of us just got done jacking off and couldn't differentiate a torque wrench from a breaker bar.

Those are quints nigger

I'm really sorry

>my gf owns an E46 318 coupe
Checked for quints.

Your "gf" sounds hot.

Lets see...
Rear sub-frame issue
Rod bearing requiring an ECU re-program to bring the max RPM down by 1K
SMG pump if SMG
VONOS...

If I want to go fast I have my SHO.

If I want style, '01 750iL.

E46 FANBOYS BTFO

The better machine is a E39 M5 instead

>ugly
you blind?

Cause that's gonna be better for your repair bill.

>its old
normie
>slow
350hp n/a
>costs a ton to repair
high performance was cheap when?
>looks exactly the same as a 318i
tends to happen when you base a sports car off a commuter (see: evo, literally every AMG, etc)
>falling apart
[citation needed]
>busted wizards sleeve
inb4 muh 90's (base model) JDM

i taught her how to drive manual and now im teaching her sick snow skids
feels good
also check em

Is it the fastest?
Is it the most economical?
Is it the best off-road?
Is it the best on a track?
Is it the most expensive?
Is it the cheapest?
Is it the nicest looking?
Is it the comfiest ride?

The list goes on.

Was it a good car in it's day?
Yup
Is it still a pretty good car in the grand scheme of things?
Meh, not bad

Is it the best car that money can buy?

ABSAFUCKINGLUTELY NOT

>350hp n/a
>high performance

HA

Checked

This post is a rather accurate summary of the entire board. It's basically benchracer incarnate.

>hurr here's my expert opinion based solely on reading forums
>oh and youtube vids
>nevermind the fact that I've never wrenched on one, sat in one, driven one, or likely even been around one in person

It's like poetry.

No

That's the Cayman S, it's more of a driver's car than the e46 m3

E90 M3; somewhat reliable for a sports car, and has a modern interior, something you'll be regretting with the E46. V8 sounds better, and no need to worry about the engine grenading itself.

Too bad you can't find one that hasn't been molested to hell and back,

Why not buy the last of the true M's? The Z4M coupe/roadster?
You can but it will cost 18-25k.

>and no need to worry about the engine grenading itself.
kek. you know nothing of the e9X M V8. Only issue with the S54 was rod bearings which were ALL replaced under recall.

Hondas dont cost a ton to repair

Quads are a subset of quints fagtron

>enthusiast board.

There has also never been a single honda ever made before the new NSX faster than a 15 year old M3.

Excuse me?

>mfw iwn have a BMW-driving gf
Why even live?

$500 a year over a similar 100k mercedes?

wow. you've swayed me to ditch my BMW and buy a Kia.

oh wait, I own both fag. keep shitposting bus rider.

>owning a Kia ever
All respect lost.

>not buying a CPO manual shitbox with 2 years full warranty for 10k so you don't rape your ///M with 18k miles a year.
whew boy.

desu kia is pretty tight.

The rod bearing issue were much more prevalent on the E46 compared to the E90/E92. It's practically a non issue with the S65, and I'm not so sure that all were replaced under warranty, only some of the earlier E46s.

Plus, what about the subframe cracking, VANOS issues, valve adjustments every 20k and more?

>The rod bearing issue were much more prevalent on the E46 compared to the E90/E92
E9X had a different engine senpai. Try again
>It's practically a non issue with the S65
Been a non-issue since 2003 and NEVER and issue with the S65. Regardless, factory recall. Later ones are fixed from the factory.
>Plus, what about the subframe cracking
Don't own an e46M, easy fix tho
>VANOS issues
Noisy, overrated. Lasts about 150k at least and fixing it is as easy as shimming your valves, speaking of which...
> valve adjustments every 20k and more
BMW says 30k. Most owners do it more often. That said both are a joke, if the valves are out of adjustment you hear them tick like an old car or sportbike. I shim my valves on my bike ever 5k, and my Z4M every 30k. Takes a whole two hours.

Learn to wrench, or buy a Kia.

>The best car money can buy
>E46 M3
>Burden of proof on us

nothing better for value than an LS1 calais for 2k dollarydoos

Your LS1 Holden shitboxes are extremely valuable in the US. I envy you.

>Never hitting an apex at maximum cornering force in my e46 m3

vs.

>lay hektik skids in my Holden

This round goes to Australia

We do. We call it "Camaro"

Fair enough, I know both engines are different, just comparing the issue of bad rod bearings on both engines, where it seemed like the E46 had it more common. VANOS, subframe, and valves were worth mentioning because I was looking for E46 M3s, but including all that, which the forums believe to happen to every car, turned me away from them.

Wrenching's not the problem, but is it worth the possible headache on a car, that was great, is now bested by newer and better cars, like the younger E90 M3, that's a bit more reliable.

>like the younger E90 M3, that's a bit more reliable.
If you can afford it DO IT. Otherwise, get a Z4M coupe. Or you know, an M2

which uses a VE commodore chassis

That's the point. except the Camaro is more track focused. Don't forget, we Americans did get the VE Commodore as the Pontiac G8.

The M2 is great, the best successor to the classic M formula. Maybe I'm just biased with how good the S65 sounds and it's looks.

this is pretty track focused too

After I'm done with my S54 Z4M I will own an e92/3 M3, then an M2.

and it would still benefit from Camaro bits in the suspension. G8 guys do it all the time, and even some of the Chevy SS guys

Can I live your garage?

I wish that was mine. Mine is bigger, less the e46M, and full of 10000x more sawdust haha.

not only it's more reliable than the 3 series but also looks better and has more power

Has Veeky Forums really become a place where people shy away from enthusiast cars because they are hard to maintain?

>honda
>can't keep up with a BMW from 1991
youtube.com/watch?v=tEP9vl9AuVA