tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
Frontier News Network 4
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-4/
The first free DLC update, Angel City's Most Wanted, is out, featuring the return of the Angel City map, new Ion Prime and Scorch Prime skins, in-game cosmetics store, and more
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/7729/angel-citys-most-wanted-the-patch-notes

>Whats changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

Doomed thread:

>game about titans is more fun without titans

Well shit. I really don't like playing shooters with a controller but i might need to manage

howdy reddit

>game starts
>our team is face rolling the other team
>leading by a considerable amount of points
>suddenly 4-5 titans on the enemy team
>they catch up and beat us
>even with our titans the still kick our asses
is there a word for this when you do better in the titan than on foot

oi

FIRST WE FIGHT

THEN WE DRINK

A R S E

Threadly reminder, best boost.

Ace Piloting.

There should be Camos for regenning factions. Like a model swaps.
>Max out Ares to get cool high tech IMC gear
>Vinson for my sleek futuristic
>Apex for trophies and other bounty hunter shit
>militia for muh freedom
>Angel City for booze
>64 for a mix between militia and IMC

a cute

does in game dosh carry over when regenning? I'm not one for caring too much about skins and all that, but if I can just buy it all back right away there's no downside.

Anything you spend credits on sticks with you, and you keep the credits you have, yes.

yes it does

>In my Northstar
>Her battery gets stolen
>Punch the dude midair
>Before I can get out, a friendly pilot takes my battery
>Oh, than-
>Gives it to his full health Tone
Well fuck you too.

a shit

He was just ensuring that the best titan with the best chance of doing the most damage had the best chance of survival :^^^^^^)

Instead of going slow why wouldn't I want to go fast?

Ion > Northstar > Scorch > Legion >Tone >Ronin

If you wanna put something in the trash, throw the cutting board away

>Tone drops next to my Northstar
>Throw down a tether
>Throw a cluster at them before they pop
>Flight Core activated
>Didn't even last 10 seconds
Also that guy lost the shield almost immediately and died from a Ronin.

I agree if that's in terms of cuteness

actually switch Ion with Scorch

wow fucking rude /tfg/ is a BULLY FREE ZONE

Any xbros looking to group up this evening?

Someone mind explaining the activation costs of boosts?

Does it actually use up part of the titan meter? If it says that it costs 20% why can't I use it 5 times before the titan comes in?

No, it's just gained when you get to that amount of Titan Meter. It doesn't consume anything.

In fact, some Boosts can be stocked if you call your titan and build up your meter again. For example you can have two Backup Batteries ready to go.

Using boosts does not consume the Titan meter nor do they accumulate in one single meter.

I don't know what's the requirements for boosts to stack up like with Dice Roll.

>It doesn't consume anything
Ah, the word "cost" seems a bit misleading then. Thanks.

So what's the best way to use this? Pop it right right after titanfall for the shield? Hop out when you're safe in your damaged titan, pop it and go back in for the heal and shield? Save it for after you lose your titan, pop it and give to a friendly for the titan meter?

pls explain, I just use ticks because they're funny

It's more like a minimum requirement.

My headcanon is that the whole Frontier war is an elaborate death game and sponsors supply you wit titans and boosts based on how much money your raking in.

Threadly Reminder:
Have a very Merry Christmas

If you're waifu is not Ion then you're waifu a SHIT

A

SHIT

What if my waifu is Gates?

A S H I T
S
H
I
T

I want to call Gates mommy

Call in your own Titan equipped with Overcore, jump in with Battery = Start with 50% Core

Hold on to Battery, call in titan. Once it's gone, build up your meter again = two Batteries in stock.

Stick a battery in a friendly Titan = +30% Titanfall meter
Kinda sucks that it needs 80% to use, so that's 10% gone to waste, so consider that second line and you basically get 60% Titan meter and help out two allies.

i kinda wish they didnt add a stats screen. i used to have fun but now im just getting tilted and buttdevastated when i try to have fun with shitty weapons and watch my k/d ratio tank

I want to sniff the pilot seat after Viper leaves!
Then I want to steal his underwear!

go rub your finger on your asshole right now and smell it. doesnt smell good does it? this is by far the fetish i understand least. its worse with women, holy fuck do they stink.

Ive never looked at my stats screen, I didn't even know there was one until people started posting them in this thread. But I just don't care about stats, I just like going fast

I'm not a good person, I have bad taste in things that I like
I just want to be close to my idol and husbando but I don't want to make him distracted because speed is life and stuff

This, once my fiance sat on my face and I accidentally sniffed her butthole while I was giving the succ and it was the worst mistake I ever made

I have a question about the origin refund system. It says i can refund it 24 hours after first playing it, so if i buy it now, finish it within 24 hours. Can i then refund it with no problems? Im only after playing the single player btw due to my wifi being absolute shit

is the discord more active than the thread?

yes since for shitposting you just have to hit enter

It's usually that way simply because off-site generals inevitably become off-topic and autistic. Or more so than on-site, at least. Granted I'm not sure how much autism fuel Titanfall as a series even has, so it's probably much less offensive than most.

spitfireeeeeeee

I've been having a much better time against Tones as Ronin after I realised how hilariously weak the tracking rockets are against sword block.

Yes but its got much less game related discussion

There's an artist who seems to do nothing but turn the titans into waifus. The autism isn't negligible.

Lemme be clear I don't hate the artwork, but to claim our tendency to waifu battle mech AI isn't at least a little autistic is ignoring reality.

This is Veeky Forums, user. There's always autism. I'm just saying if you compare Titanfall to, like... Undertale or FNAF or something equally autistic, it probably isn't even a blip on the autism radar.

>built-in wallhacks

I guessed it and I still fucking bought the game. REEEE

Nigga just wallrun away, how are walls real if they're just another floor

>It says i can refund it 24 hours after first playing it, so if i buy it now, finish it within 24 hours. Can i then refund it with no problems?
Yes you have 24 hrs after launching it the 1st time for the refund

haha, that's pretty funny

Wallrun fucking where?
There are enemies in every direction because of retarded EA's forced spawning system.

Kill them then, stupid

>Wallrun fucking where?
on the walls

/5N@F/ here, the current thread doxxed two different artfags today and actually drove one of them to abandon the general. It's not even the worst shitposting that's ever happened to them and the funniest part is it's most likely someone they invited into their Skype and Discord groups.

Well...you answered his question.

Why do artists have to be such `artists`? Can't we just get STEM gear / tech heads to provide feminine yet mechanically correct / accurate drawings / models of our titanfus? I for one would like to know the radius of Scorch's ass.

Redpill me on the weapons.
Is R-201 shit and why does Alternator always OHK me from any distance?

>redpill me
kys desu
r-201 is fantastic, no recoil and good damage at all ranges.

A big problem with SMGs is that they are way too accurate at long ranges for their RoF and damage.

>why does Alternator always OHK me from any distance?
rapid fire macros make it have no recoil

R-201 is the most well-rounded gun in the game and does everything decently.

Has he done Northstar yet?

brock: me
pokemon: their team
ash: my team

yes

i've been wanting to draw my own for a little but i haven't found the time
bt's titan girls are incredibly cute, but they also feel pretty basic and uninteresting when it comes to their actual designs and relations to the actual titan chassis

>tfw no chubby scorch art

I just bought this game because it was on sale.
So far I've been playing pilots vs. pilots only because mechs are dull.

Nearly all of my encounters go like this
>see enemy
>kill enemy
>get killed from flank
>repeat
That's why my KD is always 1.0 and this wont fucking do since my KD is usually 10.0 in all of the FPS games I play.
How do I avoid getting flanked all the time? It's almost as if they spawn behind me just to fuck with me.

Go fast.

Also if you're not going to take part in the main market differential that the game offers, you're probably not going to get much out of this over your CoDs.

this is not a game for camping. Stop camping.

Reposting for S P I C Y F I S T

How many loadouts do you use?

I have 1 for general use and 1 to test new weapons. The EPG feels good for most situations so I haven't felt the need to create new loadouts for different situations

Man, helpful advices. I sure didn't think of those.

You gave next to no information of how you're playing the game besides ignoring any titan modes and boasting about how high your KD is in other games which is completely irrelevant. Here's your (you).

look if you're gonna ask for help and then be a whiny bitch when you get an answer you don't like why didn't you just say "I am a faggot please tell me to kill myself" so we could just cut out the middleman?

Play some of the campaign. Learn to go fast. Go fast. Surprising your enemy at high speed will always be better in this game than camping. Camping only works if you control all entrance points which you basically can't do in this game.

Use a grenadier weapon and stay high and never stop moving

>because mechs are dull.
get out of this thread

probably asking a very frequently asked question here but what's the playerbase like on PC
that 29.99$ pricetag is mighty tempting even to someone like me who didn't want to purchase the game because of the lack of open beta

>Start gitting gud with Softball
>Start gitting gud with Sidewinder
>Start gitting gud with Ronin
wew
e
w

>Decide to play some quick matches before I have to go, don't want to miss happy hour
>Defeat
>Defeat
>Defeat
>Defeat
Oh okay, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to have a good fucking mood wen I have to go somewhere.

Outside of early morning in Burgerland, global population floats around 2-3k. Right now it's a bit higher for the double xp weekend. Everyone is expecting a boost following Christmas.

You will always be able to find games in Attrition as well as Mixtape

GIFTOFPLAY at checkout i think works all December for 20% off

do cold war next senpai

yikes that is kind of low
though it's to be expected when you release your game in between two of the most anticipated shooters of the year
thank you user, I'll see if it works

I'm curious, what other fps games have you all played prior to TF2? I'm going to guess most people here have played stuff like Tribes and Quake that's got us addicted to fast.

the button to input a promo code at checkout is a little hard to find, but i think it's the page after you enter your payment information

I made the mistake of picking up DOOM and Titanfall 2 at the same time. I can't slow down; can't play other slower FPS now.

They're basically the same thing as going on-foot except without any of the fun movement mechanics. Why would I want to move slow and simply click on other slow moving objects?

I cheifly played Battlefield for years, but last year I was all over Dirty Bomb. Bretty gud gaem, but low pop and dumb devs drove me away. Hopefully TiFa2 doesn't repeat that. I don't want a lifetime of jumping from one dying but great game to the next.

i really enjoyed dirty bomb but haven't checked it out in ages
what happened in regards to the devs

user whatever you do DON'T weapon amp your cold war

SERIOUSLY don't do it it's dangerous

GIFTOFPLAY doesn't work:
>This promo code does not apply to one or more items in your cart. Please make sure your cart contains only items that are eligible for this promo code before proceeding.

this and overwatch. Rarely do I pick up shooters but this year has been pretty great for the genre. I love going fast and picked up this game from hearing its mechanics(didn't picked up 1 before since then I had a toaster). Now everything feels so damn slow esp. playing OW with friends

yeah I just tried it
EA are jews, what else is new