Buying a car need help

This guy said he'd come from $4000 to $3500 for me. It's a 2010 Kia optima with 115k miles. $3500 is all I have for a car. I want something that'll last, but I'm oblivious when it comes to cars. Would this be a good deal? Could use all the help I can get.

Vin is: KNAGG4A83A5392818

Here's the original Clist post

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5908422353.html

Thanks for any help.

Other urls found in this thread:

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5927824583.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5927824583.html

There's also this one I was interested in. 04 civic coupe with 99k miles. I wanted a newer year but I've read that Hondas are really dependable and last really long.

3k civic

Go for the civic?

Sorry, I really have no one I can ask for advice on cars. I usually get my dad to help but he passed earlier this year. Just trying to get a reliable car that'll last me some years.

What's wrong with your current car? Why isn't his being passed down to you or is it shit?

Kind of makes me sad. I had my dads 96 accord wagon for a while. Loved that little car man. I went to Florida to help my step mom with all my dads stuff, got back to Houston and my car had been towed for over two weeks. The place holding it wanted more than the car is worth so I had to let it go.

Cheap cars that can last? Protégé 5 and Mazda 3 are pretty gud. Civic and Corolla are the popular ones so just giving alternatives.

What the fuck? They stole your car. You have to get it back. Why would it be towed?

LAND OF THE FREE

I left it at my town home community parking lot but in the grass. I've done it before and left the car parked there for long periods and never had a problem. The tow place said the car had a flat tire when they towed it as well, which I attribute to neighborhood hooligans. We've had a problem in the community for a while with some punk kids going around slashing tires for whatever reason.

I've just had a string of shitty awful luck this year. Hoping to get myself in a nice car to lift my spirits a bit haha.

Why the fuck would leave it there? Why not your house or apartment?

There's no driveways or assigned parking where I live. The lot often gets full quick and I have to park it in the grass right next to the lot. Lots of people do it here. Like I said it's never been a problem till now, just happened to be the worst time for it to happen.

Whatever you do don't buy a fucking Kia unless your job requires you to drive a newer model year car. 99k is really young for a civic like that but I'd ask them if you can get it inspected at Honda or an indie shop before purchase since it seems like you aren't 100% sure of what you're doing. Craigslist is hard mode if you can't pick a car to pieces, don't fall for the driven by a little old lady memes. Get the vin, check the accident history, and follow the instructions in the sticky for inspecting a used car.

Didn't know there was a sticky. I'll check it out now. Thanks a lot for the help. Didn't know Kia's were that bad. I checked the history on the civic with the vin # the seller gave me. History came back clean so that makes me feel safer.

Well you should've parked it on the pavement before you left. Go back and get it. Threaten to sue if necessary. They're full of shit. How much do they want you to pay?

I'm not a fan of Kia but for $3,500 that's a great deal for a late model car. Did you run the VIN already? Even if it comes up clean make sure the car wasn't wrecked.

No deal is good enough for a kia.

>Parking is paid
You know, like all of the first world ;)

Thats horseshit. I own a 2013 Kia Rio5 under warranty that I got for a steal and I 'almost' love it more than my blood sucking fast BMW.

Thing is I get a lot of mixed feelings from Kia owners from reviews and what not, but most ppl seem to agree a good civic is more reliable.

The civic looks clean on the interior and is probably cheaper on insurance

Yeah I I figured it would be, which is a big factor for me. Thanks! Pretty sure I'm gonna go with the civic if it checks out at the mechanic.

You guys have been very helpful. Especially whoever suggested looking at the sticky. Thanks a lot I feel a lot more confident after learning how to truly test out a used car.