/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Shitposting edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition
fanfiction.net/s/9860653/1/The-Flyout

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>place to actually discuss the game
reddit.com/r/warthunder

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=twZySR9d2xI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for benis

Japanese tanks are good

Shermans are shit

J7W1 needs a buff

Japanese tanks are statistically inferior to other nations' counterparts, often in all areas.

reminder that we wont get baguette tanks because russia hates muslims.

How do I properly land at a regular ground base?
I go in really slow and smooth but I bounce off the ground and can't stay down.

what are you flying?

drop your speed until you're literally stalling, as soon as you hit the ground put your flaps up and turn the engine off.

Only started a bit ago but internet's been wonky as fuck so I haven't actually played any games, just tutorial and test flight. It's the basic grayish biplane for Burgers. Also did one with the other model with the yellow wings.

I'm almost always going around 100-120 before I even cross the edge of the landing strip. I've seen videos of people going almost 200 if not more and landing just fine.

>10 victories with minimum battle activity in tonks

Does anyone want to team up for Supporting Fire?

good fucking thing on top of niggers shooting through foliage they randomly appear and dissappear frequently again.

>flipped over at the beginning of the game
>team leaves me there and doesnt try to help at all
>enemy TD helps me out
>let him cap C

wtf why are the enemy teams always nicer than my own

>being bad
>not being good

>shills itt actually unironically pretend to play bore blunder

>being good at games

what are you? a nerd?

What's the gun on that new lvta boat tank?

hold down s for brake senpai

It's literally in the name

But I can't stay on the ground for it, bro. I go down smoothly just below flat but as soon as my wheels hit the ground I bounce off a good 20 feet into the air at least.

thats your issue, you have to be stalling BEFORE you are above the airfield, like in the clear area before it, that way your weels are all on the ground as soon as you hit the airfield.

>being bad
kys shill!!!
KYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

>mfw 150 octane fuel

Are you raising your flaps before trying to go wheels-down? If your flaps are lowered they're creating a lot of extra lift making those bounces a lot worse

>tfw most of my RP in japanese tanks comes from getting assists

Whyyyy. This is such an easy event for russian planes.

For me, it's because I haven't flown early Russians since quite a while, so I don't lead correctly with the Berezin, ShKas and Shvak. I'm much more used to German/American late game tactics.

Any tips on flying those Soviets?

How far away do I need to start lifting the flaps? Typically I don't touch them until I hit the ground. In the tutorial it was fine and I'm not really doing anything different as far as I can tell.

Use flaps when at low speed. I usually do landings perfectly with them fully extended. What you want to do is slow down to 270, lower landing flaps and gear, and then flare (keep the falling rate acceptable and get close to the ground).

Or you should git gud and get a private pilot license where they teach you all that.

Why is the Yak-1 so goddamn OP jesus christ
The stat card is clearly utter bullshit seeing as I can dive on one, he can made a wide turn away from my dive, and then he can sit right on my fucking ass as I'm still diving away from him

i deploy them around 1km away from the airfield and lift them when touch down, they give extra lift, so unless you did already stall they will hinder the landing.

>slow down to 270
That's the part that's confusing me. I'm going 100 or below when I reach the strip but the moment I touch the ground I bounce up and just float up like a balloon. If going from take off to landing, my engine's on 0% half of the flight and I'm less than 200 for most of it.

>pick bf110
>remove yak

The bf110 is what I'm flying
How the hell do I remove something that outturns outclimbs outdives and outruns me

getgood

That's probably because you're descending too fast. Happens quite often with early glider pilots, and I failed a flight once because of that.

What you want to do is flare, make your trajectory a curve instead of a straight line. Here's a drawing to show you.

This video isn't exactly what you're experiencing, but it's similar. The pilot causes oscillation which slams his glider hard on the ground, doing the same as I said above. As my glide instructor used to say, flaring is like an orgasm. You want to make it last, so pull up and slow down your fall.

youtube.com/watch?v=twZySR9d2xI

>the entire enemy team is planes

P61C tactics

Maybe, but my landing is almost completely horizontal as far as I can tell. In one landing in particular I descended so slowly I went 1/3 of the strip easily before touching the ground but when I did I still bounced up, and this is like the others going 100 or less and raising flaps on contact.

What plane?

Or just git gud in test flight/custom battle

Oh, I forgot one, outnumbers me too

Japanese tanks are shit

God DAMN IT I fell for the weeb meme

The P-26A-34 M2. For some reason I mistook it for a biplane in an earlier post, so herp.
And yeah I'm going to keep practicing until I can land it fine.

>being bad at japanese tanks

lmao you can easily get kills by ambushing.

I'll try landing it and report back, maybe they changed something.

Are you playing Realistic or Arcade?

Can someone please team up with me to get me 1 supporting fire in the tank event? I want to sleep

bote cbt when

Whatever it's set for test flight.

>Shit
Sounds like you need to get good.

26th and 27th of December - Discount on the purchase of British and Japanese vehicles
28th and 29th of December - Discount on the purchase of German vehicles
2nd and 3rd of January - Discount on the purchase of U.S. vehicles
4th and 5th of January - Discount on the purchase of USSR vehicles

Does this include premiums?

They're only shit in specific BRs and for lack of having enough valid back-ups at most BRs once you die.

Honestly, the worst thing I've played so far from them has been a stock M41A1, so there's that.

There you go. Had no problems. Just practice and git gud.

>being bad with japs

Top kek.

Come in at a speed over 180km/h on a slight angle downwards to the airfield. Pop flaps and gear. Touchdown gently with wing gear, otherwise you'll bounce around. Hold S as soon as you touch down. Then bring your tail onto the runway.
IF you're still going too fast, use Q and E to wiggle your tail flap to bleed speed. Often, Once I reach about 80-100km/h I hold onto Q or E, and allow the tail to 180 my plane. Works well if you come in too hot on some of the fucking short ass runways.

>game starts
>get into the cap within 1 minute
>win after 3 minutes of the game

>Landing at over twice the speed I usually am when landing
>Going in steeper as well
>Still land fine
Now I'm even more confused on what I'm fucking up.

That's exactly what I do, just around 100 and not even near 180, much less over 200 like the other user shows. My approach angle is maybe a degree or two from being perfectly flat. Shit is extremely shallow and gradual but I still bounce.

26th and 27th of December - Discount on the purchase of British and Japanese vehicles

>open War Thunder
>see looming Tu-4

I almost had a heart attack

Well now I've gotten to where I can actually land, but I do still bounce once or twice.
I figured out that part of the issue was that I didn't know F actually toggled flaps. But even with flaps on landing and going about 100 and with a decent flatter than a DFC loli I still have that bounce or two, but I can actually land.

what

what?

What is that? OwO

>new Bo time video
>section cuts short because Bo falls off a since he's shit at the game and can't drive for shit.

kek

link?

>that short 120mm gameplay
What a fucking meme.

>haven't played since jap tanks dropped

Has everyone gotten into tier 3 already?
Did I miss my chance to meme on early jap tanks with .50's?

What tier 1 tanks club the most?
Slavs

Im on tier III already, but since its a CBT most players are still on reserve.

M-13/T-17/Flakpanzer 1
T-50 is hilarious if it gets downtiered

Okay if my task progress hasn't changed does that mean the tracker is broken or is it just not displaying properly?

idk, knowing Gaijin its broken. I'm not doing this mission thing though. Just gonna good boy for the T-29 and get a premium spitfire with shit discounted.

hotfix fucking when

>tfw actually considering buying this air bundle pack

I don't even want help grinding trees, I just like these fucking planes.
It would also be nice to use those eagles to just buy this stupid ass Me 262 instead of this tedious event grinding.
Can any of our residential shills help push me over the edge on this one?

>want the T29
>realize that researching the clap tank tree is a fucking waste of time
I'll probably just shekel up for the Type 62.

>air trophies cost 999 gold each

Fuck that senpai. I'm getting the T-29 finally and a spitenigger...oh and the Tank 154

Yeah but I don't want anything with GE really, so might as well spend it to get the Me 262 gift if I'm getting it anyways if I buy the air pack with its 12k GE.

that's like 10k gold though. 9k is unironically 1 year of prem time atm

actually fucking 7k fuck this I might just get the air bundle and spend the rest on fucking dank ass prem.

talk me out of it dudes

>Tfw gaijin realized allowing the Bf109f2 in the even was a mistake
>Tfw stuck with the F1

To be fair 80 dollars on virtual planes is fairly ridiculous.
Like, objectively speaking.

>59s repair
>get to 2s
>instinctively press W out of habit
>59s repair

who the FUCK stamped this; the old repair system was objectively better because this never happened.

Yeah. It's the closest we'll ever get to flying these planes though.

I personally have seen a Do-335 in real life. It's fucking massive.

Fuck premium time though. I changed my mind. I wanna be able to fuck off from this game at any time and not feel like I'm wasting my money because I bought premium time.

Why? It's a worse F1 and the slavs are already clubbing

It's objectively the better ground attacker of the two, subjectively better than the Ju-87

>ground attack
>mattering
Are you talking about arkaden?

i
do that shit all the time when I've lost a track, drive me up the wall

It's a tank mission you dolt, you can bring the F1 which only has bombs and a MG/FF

Or you could bring the F2 with a MG151/15 with super AP rounds against BTs and T-28s, on top of getting rockets.

hotfix
when

Alright I assumed you were talking about the plane event, chill the fuck out

Grinding stock Jap M41, I can't chill. Blood pressure is going nuclear. The dumb blind clowncar Tiger IIs are on my team so flanking isn't even viable.

>about to get a triple kill with one bomb
>bomb bay open thing makes me need to press space bar twice
>i press once and enemy caps our point

fuck

>only jap in the team
>most kills in the whole team
>the germans still manage to lose after i die

The japs are what again?

why isn't the event counting my stats

>tfw jap tanks are shit
fuck you gaijin this was supposed to be big but it's just a waste

>Spot the person who didn't get the DANGEROUSLY CHEESY

I'm so sorry guys I'm going to good goy for the Air bundle on the War Thunder store. I've been defeated

There is zero planes worth it on there.