stock is fine
t
o
c
k

dat twinsteer tho

>that front diff

Good lord.

actually twin steer is a lot more common in europe and asia than the usa. no idea why

Probably. We have at least one Miami local driver, used to be two.
That is a crime against truckerkind.
I'd fukken DD that.

do you even truck?

what does Veeky Forums, and truckerfag think of the Western Star 5700XE?
westernstartrucks.com/Trucks/5700/default.aspx
Not looking into it or anything, I just love how it looks.

what front axle is this

Looks like a standard 5-ton axle.

If they are anything like the 4900s my company runs, then the interiors are breddy chintzy, and the manual transmissions are notchy as fuck and unpleasant to shift, even after many thousands of miles of wear in. Lots of guys rave about Stars, and they do look pretty nice on the outside, but I don't find them all that nice to drive.

It's supposedly unlike any trucks they've made before. The entire drivetrain comes from Detroit according to the website.

Both Hendrickson and FWD used International cabs.

>

>All I do is pull stickers off pallets.

I don't get it....

not the dude your responding to but what don't you understand

Prime responding to him with a "Lol", indicating there was some esoteric trucker humour that I am missing out on. This cannot stand.

Like packing slips? actual stickers on a wooden pallet? a pallet of cactus?

Door swinger/sticker puller

stickers can mean two things
adhesive labels
or pieces of wood that you put under pallets so forklifts can pick up the load

Oh fuck that makes sense. We call that Dunnage up here. What a crazy world.

dunnage?
the fuck
where do you live?

He may have been talking about dunnage, but it sounded like stickers to me, and it made me laugh.

Flatbed masterrace here.

Canada. Mostly said on construction sites and the like, but never heard it referred to as "stickers".

The trick to flatbedding, is using the absolute minimum amount of straps possible. Makes you look self-assured and resourceful.

Thx senpai. Got a 10 ton electrical pole for a solar plant and figured 2 would not only be enough, but also make me look cool.

Makin' them beancounters happy with them strap savings. I'll be sure to put sunglasses on my dog in solidarity for your wicked radness.

You're alright Prime. You're alright.
>sage for threadwhoring

>why dont people talk about classic trucks

Because they don't have fendirrors, so these american """"""truckers"""""" know they are too shit to drive them, and as such they pay no attention to them.

youtube.com/watch?v=oiIJKDhrLtQ

Got something to tell us?

I work at the plant that builds these.

Any Volvo truckers in here?

your trucks suck and you need to be fired

quality post

t. ignorant mack driver

I AM talking about literal stickers. Adhesive labels. I don't know what the purpose for it is but yeah.

Most distribution centers work on a similar system.
When delivering to a store the driver and store manager record the pallets as they come off the trailer. The pallets usually have an "LPN" (license plate number) to identify them, the DC has a record of what's supposed to be wrapped up in that pallet.
The store doesn't necessarily get exactly what it ordered, but what it DOES get is recorded.
Walmart just prints a label with little stickers that tear off so you can stick them on your delivery receipt, instead of writing down the numbers.

Fix your electrical problems and figure out how to make a transmission that isn't complete trash and I'll think about it.

this manchild behaviour is why nobody takes americans seriously. Seriously, what sort of adult puts flames on anything?

>VE D12

So venereal disease 12? is that syphilis or herpes?

ART DIRECTION BY THE FLAME-MAN HIMSELF

sleep tite, trucker

>BAC of 0.28
>Two bottles of vodka in the truck
Damn son

twitter.com/abc7marccr/status/811928517927636992

>actually twin steer is a lot more common in europe and asia than the usa. no idea why

Here in the UK, it's common on rigid-body tippers and also used on heavy semi trucks. Only seen the latter once in person; slightly longer frame with another forward axle, making room for a little crane on the back of the tractor.

Also, I saw a truck the other day with no 5th wheel, but with a little flatbed on instead. It was following another conventional truck, hauling a flatbed trailer with railings, and with flashing yellow lights on the grille. Obviously together; same company livery.
I thought ballast tractor, but it didn't have anything on the bed.
I'd have gotten pics, but I was driving in the opposite direction at like 50MPH at the time.

We've also recently gotten stretched trailers for bulky but light loads. Those are 'dual' steer; conventional tractor but a steering axle on the trailer to maintain turn radius, with a slight spread between it and the other two axles.
They work as advertised; saw one in action a while ago, didn't get squashed on a roundabout.

>Just drank 2 fifths of vodka, dare me to drive?

That's a pretty serious commitment to the music of Eminem.

>Tandem steer

Outside of oil and gas work I haven't really seen them used in Canada much.

Most of the time they're used for picker cranes and service/workover rig derricks, and occasionally big vac trucks.

MFW someone has never been to Flavour Town

i used to do this all the time at heartless the only two things that ever come out of the washington area is paper and juice and the juice guys do the sticker thing since no one likes to count generally he slows enough for me to take the cardboard off and rip off a sticker on his way in the trailer
>totally wrapped and sealed product
>still get to wear hairnet and beard mask with crash goggles

>you'll never be coming out of California with a 10,000$ load of fruit @85mph snorting coke off ur 3rd log book getting road head from bunk bunny.

Why even drive.

Should I pay for trucker school out of pocket, or should I sign on with a company that wants to cover it?

Want to get in the field for a few years, and ultimately buy my own rig and look for dedicated gigs as I please

wait, why can't I do that? I was thinking about switching to Coke when I start driving since weed stays in system so long

or with it being legal, can I just be like "hurr I took a few rest days in Colorado the other week"

sleep tite trucker

>not waking him up at 0300 and taking a selfie with tfag raging in the background

>roundabout.
and fuck whoever decided to put those in the US

Federal law supersedes state my boy.

It's not our fault your road planners are retarded. Or that your drivers are. Or your vehicle design. Or your laws governing truck length and wheelbase. Who needs that much living space on the road?

but the enforcement of DUI with marijauana involved is different by state.

I would never be in possession of marijuana in the truck.

He should be able to make it. That truck isn't that long with a setback axle. He probably hit it wrong. Of course you're gonnna hit the mantle part but it looks like he just tried driving straight through it.

>clockwise
>fucking islands in the roadway
what even is the little tornado thing?
that pic gives me road rage, like bad

nice get br/o/
agreed, but roundabouts are still stupid

dat trip odo tho

How many leaves do you reckon are on those front springs?

> Clockwise
We drive on the left.
> Islands in the roadway
Cars are for scale. That's a big-ass roundabout
> Tornado thingies
Mini-roundabouts. You go around those on your way around the big one in the middle. They're an innovation to alter the priorities on junctions, but without having to do anything major other than dropping a lump on the road and paint some lines. Buses and trucks can just run them over with no repercussions, perfectly legal. And have to.
Some are just straight-up painted on, as they're used as turning circles for trucks to get into tricky entrances.

We also have crap like pic related; a traffic light controlled roundabout with a road through the middle.
In a flood plain.
Whenever the lights fail (which they do surprisingly often), there are LOTS of crashes because nobody knows how shit works.

i count 8 senpai

>Mini-roundabouts. You go around those on your way around the big one in the middle.

like pic related?
i dont even get it, sorry boss

The red line is correct. The green line is not; you can simply skip around the edge with the leftmost lane there.

And then there's shit like pic related. One-way street into a two-way with traffic islands everywhere around it, and truckers have to thread through it because it's a major route into the town.

No, hang on, you simply skip around the edge with the red one as well, in the right-most lane before changing at the end to exit. The mini-roundabouts are for going against the regular flow of the roundabout and turning right off it.

There we go. Corrected your routing, and added additional ones as demonstrations.

So let's say you got on the roundabout at the bottom-left exit in that picture, got to the second exit and realized you were going the wrong way, then used the mini roundabout to pull a u-turn and proceed the other way on the inner ring back to the exit you entered from.

Is that what they're for?

They can be used for that, but shows how they're meant to be used.
You generally don't go all the way around mini-roundabouts. The vast majority are too tight to do that on anyway.

i fixed it for you

and forgot pic, sorry

Inefficient!

Well, that makes sense then. I noticed the pallets were a squabbled assortment of product so those stickers must help a bunch.

Makes it easy enough though. I'd kill myself if I had to verify every PO number in a pallet.

>Get loan
>Go to community college or technical school
>Get CDL
>Find company that offers tuition reimbursement
>Done

>Being this triggered by small portions of glass

>visual obstructions
But whatever, they aint called learner mirrors for nothing.

They ain't called learner mirrors at all.

Pam you gotta be old enough to know not to feed the trolls.
This guy is frantically F5ing the thread and masturbating ferociously every time he gets a (You)

>wat r straps

Nah, bruh. Gravity and friction have my back.

>Load securement? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Those grains/seeds aren't going to deliver themselves.

>be on Florida run home
>finally hometime yesssss
>co-driver backing a shit
>have to talk him into even the easiest spots
>get to TA in Lakeland the jew one where they charge to park because the FlyingGay across the street has like 5 spots
>he can't figure out how to get into a spot
>literally 9 fucking spots wide the fuck open next to each other
>two other tfags show up and neither of them can even setup properly at least my guy can setup
>make him swing it around and almost straightline back
>other tfags nose in because hurr durr can't back
>drop at 9am tomorrow and 4 days of hometime and getting my nuts off

get home safe faggits don't do no supertrucker bullshit

I'm too much of a charitable soul to let some faggot go without his (You)s.

>He hasn't heard of gravity

It's actually cement.

No one ever straps down the slings but I have seen one fall off a semi. They usually crawl around at 5mph in the turns (only turns here) but occasionally some one gets too excited

Yeah but when you do coke daily, you will never be able to piss clean when you cause a huge wreck and DOT finds your 3 log books and sees you have been driving for 72hrs.

None of it is worth it. If you really gotta get high, pick a different profession. You can get away with it for awhile, but you will always get caught in the long run and it isn't worth it at all.

If you have the means, pay for it yourself. You don't want to be a slave for 2 years because you signed that contract instead of shelling out $2000 with a private school or doing the paperwork for a grant/loan.

>Cement

Intredasting. Usually its hauled around in pneumatic bulk trailers in these parts, but I guess for a medium sized application grain bags make sense.

Anything wrong with drinking dying the reset?

Yes, alcohol is the devil's blood.

When I (illegally) take 10 pallets of 50lb fence post mix to this regular customer on my little tandem truck I don't even bother with straps. Then again he's less than a mile away and I drive like a grandma.