Is this car good?

Is this car good?

kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/1985-toyota-supra-coupe-2-door/1164187734?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Other urls found in this thread:

kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/1987-toyota-supra/1215577687?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/1982-toyota-supra-5-speed/1225079756?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/1989-toyota-supra/1218193265?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Way too expensive for a automatic supra

kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/1987-toyota-supra/1215577687?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

This one is manual.

Owner writes: "Newer engine, clutch, & brakes. Runs very well and maintained. "

What is wrong with it?

no

Newer engine and clutch would hint that it's been trashed and driven terribly by a previous owner.

kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/1982-toyota-supra-5-speed/1225079756?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Is this car good? The previous owner was, quote "an older gentleman".

"Was running and driving up until a week ago, alternator died and needs to be replaced or rebuilt ( got a quote to rebuild it for 100)
Also needs a tailight
Has some minor rust ( see pic) no rot or holes
Previous owner was a older gentleman
Clutch is great, power windows and locks all work. Engine is strong"

>2.1k for a Supra that only had a dead alternator
Hell yeah, even if it doesn't work out, there are retards out there who'll take it off your hands for 3k.

kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/1989-toyota-supra/1218193265?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

This one is apparently in "excellent condition" except for the fact that it leaks oil.

Lol. You kids are so fucking retarded.

Would you rather have an original car in factory condition, or a car that ol' mate Dodgy Peterson has pulled the engine out of and shoddily rebuilt?

I'd rather have a car with a new clutch and new engine.
Everything else you're saying is pure paranoia with not even any circumstantial evidence let alone hard evidence.

Why do mechanics even exist if they are all crooks that break the car? I need the redpill quick.

Sure man, chances are it was just regular maintenance
>hey I am almost due for my third belt service, let's just replace the engine anyway, to make sure the next owner gets a nice fresh car with no problems!

My car has a newer clutch. I installed it 3 years ago.
"Newer engine and clutch" means literally nothing except what it says.

Sure, the engine is just a wear item like a clutch, Toyota I6s wear out all the time, totally normal

How much are you willing to spend and how far are you willing to go to get a nice one?

>paranoid
>no evidence

So.. you think what exactly?

It's ok that you've never worked on cars and have no idea what you are talking about, but why post? Even with extremely limited experience you would understand that Toyota engines don't get replaced for no reason at 200k.

The car was neglected at some point. If a seller is trying to point to a "newer engine" as a plus then there would be a complete story/history for the reason the engine was replaced. There's only two possibilities, the owner is inept and probably bought it from someone else, realized it's fucked, and is trying to pass it to the next fool, or he truly knows why it's problematic and is trying to do the same. An older, cheap car that has had it's engine replaced is NEVER a good deal. Just the labor to do the job properly on that car would cost more than the asking price. If you can't add that up and figure out why it's a bad idea you should buy that car and learn the hard way.

Is this Supra a good beginner car?

>it's a conspiracy!
Ok