/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking General

Previous thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 11.1 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
IOSU+Kernal Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>General
-33c3 presentations on December 27th. One for 3DS and Wii U, one for PS4. Both will probably be livestreamed.
fahrplan.events.ccc.de/congress/2016/Fahrplan/events/8344.html
fahrplan.events.ccc.de/congress/2016/Fahrplan/events/7946.html

>3DS
-DS games via SD card coming Christmas:youtu.be/Pke0kalpoBU
-11.0/11.1 downgrading released. Requires 4 specific DSi games that are no longer available. More info here: 3ds.guide/nfirm-downgrade
-If you're on 11.0-11.2 and don't have any of the 4 games above you'll need a second CFW 3DS along with any DSiWare game.

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-mode-hacking-progress-thread.413015/page-208
3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade-(app-injection-and-second-3ds)#section-v---ctr-httpwn
vitadevwiki.com/index.php?title=Error_Codes
3ds.guide/troubleshooting#ts_steelhax
youtu.be/UutYOidFx3c?t=3149
3dsiso.com/members/5975.html
3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/274981-mega-170-gba-games-colors-restored-ghosting-begone.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nintendont gamepad support when?

OK, I finally finished all the 3ds tutorials. How do I play Sun/Moon for free?

Freeshop

Where do I find that?

If I'm planning on transferring to a new 3ds does it matter if I use the free shop?

CPP input compatible with HANS when

Freeshop is just a easy way to pirate.

Scan this QR code in FBI and install it github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases

Then open Freeshop, go to updates and where it says ticket something, click the small QR button and then scan this: blob:null/b4c3517c-d721-419f-a264-59c44793ead5

Restart and you should get a list of a shitload of games to download/install. Pick what you want.

>DS games via SD card coming Christmas

The load times seem extremely long.
Is this what we should expect or will it be fixed?

Where do I find this: encTitleKeys.bin?

It could probably get ironed out or minimized later, but at least it's something I guess

You go to Update in Freeshop, click the green button next to the keyboard button, and then you scan this picture.

Then it will automatically download the latest encTitleKeys.bin

can someone tell me why my saves for GBA games using VC come up corrupted/deleted? Can't find the answer on the wired.

Ok, cool.

Where do I get title keys from? How do I get games???

Well, it's been suggested that you either need a newer or and older encTitlekeys file. Mine didn't give me any problems so I'm not sure what the issue is. Yesterday, people were complaining that Freeshop had gone down because of the cache files, or something.

Surely, someone here knows for sure. I ain't updating shit.

fuck im gonna need a bigger SD card

>buy 32gb card for phone
>put 16gb card from phone to 3ds
>phone barely using 8gb
>3ds card is full
Too bad I'm too lazy to backup and copy everything. If only microSD cards had better write speed.

What's a good place to buy a nand-x

im thinking of buying a 128GB but it doesnt seem like enough we need 500GB at least

3.63 support when

Good luck with having acceptable read speeds with a >=256GB card on a 3DS,

Read it, it's comprehensive enough as it is with the wiki. Thank you.

lol just did this and no games +1000 titles of trash

can you hardmod a 11.2 3ds without another 3ds or one of the dsi games?

yes, hardmod.

>ripping a Wii game to USB
>stops at 98%
>game is 3-4GB at most
>USB has at least 8GB free
What's going on here?
I've tried Wiiflow and USBLoaderGX with the same result.
I can't use CleanRip because I don't have a dat file.

>Wii

Guys, on the guide it says:
NEVER downgrade with dgTool on a device that already has arm9loaderhax installed or you will Brick.

I system transfer'd from my cfw to the N3ds, but how do I ensure that arm9loaderhax is not installed? Just delete the hax.bin and every related file and folder on the MicroSD?

>how do I ensure that arm9loaderhax is not installed?
because that's why you're hacking it in the first place it doesn't have cfw so that line is irrelevant to you

Oh, right. Thanks.

I have two new 3ds's and an O3ds with custom firmware.

If I want to install CFW on the two new ones can I make a different nintendo ID account on the o3ds and transfer it twice?

>DS games via SD card coming Christmas

Is there an actual ETA? And does anyone have a link to where I can follow updates on this?

gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-mode-hacking-progress-thread.413015/page-208

Thanks. Have two flash cards and neither one will work so I'm waiting on this.

I'm doing a system transfer to install a9lh. Once I'm done, if I do a system format on the target to unlink the NNID and a NAND restore on the source, would I be able login to my NNID again?

system transfer back or call nintendo to remove the nnid on 3ds 2

Wii isn't /vr/. /vr/ is for games from 1999 and earlier.

So what would be better than arm9loaderhax? Gaining control of the bootrom?

What are the chances that the 2DS with Mario Kart 7 pre-Installed comes with a

sky3ds
just pop that shit in and you're good to go

yea

mk7 2ds with the colors reversed is already confirmed 11.0

so, how do i obtain the dlc campaigns for fe: conquest/birthright?

Freeshop isn't working for me, anybody else have this problem?

Well that's sucks. Thanks anyway.

Is it even possible to modify that thing though? Supposedly it's stored in a ROM and I guess flashing it would require direct hardware modification. As far as I've read I don't think any other piece of software runs before the bootrom so exploiting access to it would be not viable by software. Am I wrong? Does anyone know more about the ARM9 bootrom?

Alright, so I'm at Section V (ctr-httpwn) of the system transfer guide. Wanna transfer from an Old3DS to a N3DS on 11.0.

Using ctr-httpwn only seems to be necessary if the N3DS is below 11.2, and I'm having a bitch of a time getting browserhax to work on 11.0

Should I just update the N3DS to 11.2 so that I can bypass ctr-httpwn and not require browserhax?

sure

Also link
3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade-(app-injection-and-second-3ds)#section-v---ctr-httpwn

OK, cool.

I suppose I'd need to redo the steelhax step though. Should I just delete something from the O3DS' sd card and try again?

wat does c2-12828-1 error mean on vita was playing sly 4 from cart and got that error

I do not know my friend

vitadevwiki.com/index.php?title=Error_Codes

I think he was just being a smartass.

Ah, can I just do this?
3ds.guide/troubleshooting#ts_steelhax
Put the otherapp payload for 11.2 on the target N3DS?

>youtu.be/UutYOidFx3c?t=3149
This is really hilarious, does Nintendo have any competent engineers? You can't just forget to verify the encryption keys, what the fug.

wii u and 3ds share the same keys

Yeah, the shared normal keys was also stupid, and you don't even need a Wii U to get them if you have 8.1 3DS firmware.

Will doing a sys transfer to hack a new 3ds make the o3ds unusable?

(will i have to download all the games again?)

No, because you can make a backup and then restore it after.

Delete the cache, that fixes the problem that's been going on

Im gonna buy a ps4 pro next month, mainly to play infamous second son, and maybe try out bloodborne and some offline games.Does sony do the thing microsoft does where you need to connect the console online and update before it lets you play a game?
Or could i just leave it at whatever firmware its at and just wait for an exploit?

Simple question: Can I delete the updates folder, where the firmware 9.2 is stored after I successfully downgraded to 9.2? My MicroSD card is running out of space.

you can just play offline without an update. i got a ps4 slim 2 weeks ago and havent went online either. theres an update nag when you boot up the console and a game but you can just cancel it and play.

Cool cool.

yeah

can i play online with both of them?

Ah. Hard to know, /vr/ regularily has threads of people complaining why PS2 and Original Xbox aren't /vr/ at this point it's becoming hard to tell if it's shitposting or not.

Whatever I just went ahead with the transfer

holy shit the transfer animation is so cute

How do I update pokebank if I have the cia installed without fucking up my current bank?

is downloading from the freeshop the only way to get free games?

its really slow

it's better/faster than downloading from 3dsiso

you probably have a old 3ds

you are downloading directly from nintendo's servers, it's as fast as the eshop would be so you can't really complain

you can download .cias from various sites but you'll have to take out the SD card, copy the games to it and then wait while FBI installs each one individually, which is probably slower than just picking the games you want from freeshop and let it download them all automatically

I have an o3DS and it's fine. He probably has shit Internet.

Fucking kids on Christmas vacation.

REEEE GO BACK TO SCHOOL

Can someone post a link or the name of the guy on that website who did those gba vc injects with the backlight fix?

yoshinatsu
3dsiso.com/members/5975.html
3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/274981-mega-170-gba-games-colors-restored-ghosting-begone.html

Hey, I just downloaded fire emblem fates from the freeshop but it doesn't say if I own brithrite or conquest, just fates. I don't know the difference of them all so does anyone know what the fuck I'm on about?

Can't you just download the DLC so it doesn't matter which version you have?

Wait, what are the key differences in both games? I thought that conquest was a harder game or something. And I don't really care all that much about which one I have, I was just wondering why my copy just says fates rather than saying conquest or birthright, that's all.

If you buy only one game you have only the respective game route avaliable, but the other routes are unlocked with DLC so in the end it doesn't matter.

So i want to play in final fantasy 15 at my ps4 which is on 4.01. How long it's until a real jail break for ps4? Even in theory? Years or months?

Literally 5 hours.

I'm asking this here because google does not give me the answers I'm looking for.

How do I add people to my friend list without updating to the latest version? I just installed oot3dhax and I'm on 11.1. I have ctr-httpwn, but I don't really understand how I can add friend codes through homebrew.

use httpwn then select return to home menu without reboot then try going to friend list

Use the normal menu? I'm like at 10.3 and I can add people I don't understand your problem unless there is something I'm missing.

Do I need to have an activated Vita to use adrenaline? I managed to install a proper PSP title using my the PSP .rif trick but I can't launch the demo. This won't fuck up adrenaline will it?

I'm new to this stuff so maybe I'm just blind to it, but I don't see any such option in my menu.

I don't know how to go back to the normal menu after booting homebrew

how can i go from rxtools to a9lh and luma? the pastebin gif about changing cfw doest work. what part of the guide can i skip to switch cfw?

Hey /hbg/.

I was wondering something about the Wii U Hue method, can you install games to the same SD you are using for the files, or will it require a USB HDD?

Is using a hardmod really the only way to downgrade a ps3? Shit like the 3ds has exploits coming out of every single hole possible and there still isn't a way to downgrade a ps3 without a hardmod?

What do you mean?

A start start X after you open httpwn, if you get the error at the end it's fine just hit A

A9LH is not a CFW. Luma is the payload which loads the modified sysNAND with help of A9LH. I don't understand your question.

Thank you very much

Will new exploits for dsi games be released any time soon? I have oot3dhax on 11.3 but from what I understand I need a dsi title to actually write to the nand, right?

Have you ever considered that Sony is not really as stupid as Nintendo.

assuming you meant 11.2 waithax was patched on 11.2 so if more dsiware games get the exploits for waithax you still can't do anything

No, you can only install to USB for huehax.

use loadiine for sd cards

Yeah I meant 11.2. So system transfer and waiting for a new exploit are my only options?

i hacked the 3ds when rxtools was available but now i keep hearing about a9lh and luma. how do i change to those things?