Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/

Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/ #819
Merry Christmas Edition!

Welcome, this general is for the discussion of ILLUSION's Artificial Academy 2.

COPY ERROR MESSAGES WITH CTRL+C, PASTE THEM WITH CTRL+V INTO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. STOP ASKING US BEFORE DOING THAT. JUST CLICK THE WINDOW AND PRESS CTRL + C, IT WORKS.

For File Acquisition errors, do one of the following:
- switch all locale/system/region/date/time/everything settings to Japanese
- keep locale locale/system/region/everything settings and run with Applocale (Win7/Win8) or Locale Emulator (Win10)
Always run as admin.

>READ THE READMES OF EVERY MOD YOU DOWNLOAD. IT SOLVES 99% OF YOUR PROBLEMS.

>Information:
Main Site: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/index.html
Append I Info: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/append/index.html
Append II Info: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/append2/index.html
/aa2g/-Approved Pre-Installed game: tsukiyo.me/AAA/AA2.torrent
Manual Install: sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=481633
Manual Install for All Updates: sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=1189198
Character Database links:
no-info.no-ip.info/aa2-archive/
178.140.224.56/aa2/index.html (non-javascript version still works)
archive.org/details/AA2DBArchive.7z (complete old archive)
web.archive.org/web/20160624174959/http://no-info.no-ip.info/aa2/ (fake cards, look for older versions)

Win10 FPS Issues? Use this: tsukiyo.me/AAA/d3d9.dll

Please read through the AA2 pastebin for mods and info (READ BEFORE ASKING):
pastebin.com/BhpfXqHP
FAQ Image (READ BEFORE ASKING): i.imgur.com/FaWIWLn.jpg
Installation Guide (Manual Install): pastebin.com/YCrkrDh2
Supplement to the Install Guide, with Pictures: imgur.com/a/KZYsw

/aa2g/ Modder's Reference Guide (Slot lists for Hair/Clothes/Faces, List Guides, and more):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwmoVpKuSuF0PtEPLEB17eK_dexPaKU106ShZEpBLhg/edit#gid=1751233129

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!DMl1XCzT!fHZKdsPm7jPGmI1P5312qw
mega.nz/#F!4QlzHSzZ!Ia2TAB7fm1bHjuSvrA-rbg
mega.nz/#F!dsZjTCgD!xJOiTt6fYRrbbdFcU3gozQ
github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/pull/9/files
imgur.com/a/X9ddg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck.

Merry Christmas!

Good work on the tree and thanks for posting cute girls all year!

us?

Yes. All of you.

mega.nz/#F!DMl1XCzT!fHZKdsPm7jPGmI1P5312qw

Hot. Ill get dressed.

Happy holidays m8s.

That's a nice outfit. I need to get back to finishing up my male clothing mods myself.

Someone in the other thread was asking if there would be cards for the girls on the tree. Theres a card for my girl but I dont know if any others were posted. If someone was planning on putting together a collection of those that were here you go.

mega.nz/#F!4QlzHSzZ!Ia2TAB7fm1bHjuSvrA-rbg

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you, too!

Merry Christmas Eve!

He looks like a bit of a dandy, but he's deadly with a blade!

no....

Oh my

Yes

Post gyaru's!

gyaru lite

>fat

Tats?

The new AAUnlimited test breaks all my cards. Was that intended? It's no fun to type all the overrides all over again.

So I forgot the old things there
This picture you may have the impression

oh look the anorexic gif girl

Haruki is a big girl!

If you used /textures/override as your source path then yes, all your cards would break since it has changed the file path.

disgusting

That guy on the ends is gross looking. Good luck with the ports!

>/aa2g/ survives another Christmas

As long as I live /aa2g/ will never die

No, the /textures/override change would only have broken mesh overrides but archive overrides are broken as well.

Thanks mercy.

AA2 is still the best /h/-game. Until something can dethrone it we'll keep on keepin' on.

I finally got around to properly fixing the shirt texture for these two outfits. I think. If people want it the link hasn't changed:
mega.nz/#F!dsZjTCgD!xJOiTt6fYRrbbdFcU3gozQ

Thanks for the recommendation about the top/bottom bars, user from before. Good call.

Did you fix the shadow on the undershirt? If so good job id love this thanks

>aa2 the best
Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. It's starting to show its age.

It has yet to meet its equal in terms of gameplay/aesthetic balance.

>use blue outline for hair
>it turns purple instead
Am i missing something?
Does pre-textured hair change that?

So, where can I download aau?

Its a secret mod. Only those that pass the test can be considered worthy to use AAU

ctrl f aau in pastebin

>posts a dog instead of the problem
>expects a solution
you get dropped as a baby?

Having quite an older version of the game, would it be easier to update or just do a clean install?

subtle

Depends on whether it's modded. Updates don't apply correctly if you don't restore game to original files before updating. It'll still work but some doesn't get installed.

as somebody that did a clean install; do it, but keep a backup of ur older version just incase. Windows 10 fucks everything.

Starting from scratch is easy and you know everything will work. Download the preinstall and get AA2install and youll fly through the setup

not intended but unavoidable since all assets paths are changed
check the actual change here github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/pull/9/files
as you can see instead of 2 paths data\texture\override\ and data\ there's only one now: data\override\ .

It's avoidable if the old path, data\, is kept.

I guess but if we do that then the existence of data\override\ won't be enforced and people would be able to shit up the data\
I think the compatibility with cards made with older test builds has less priority than making it more user-friendly for the new users.
Ideally, some kind of AAUData editor can be made that won't require the maker but I won't start working on it any time soon(definitely not today/tomorrow) and hackanon has his hands full with AAU itself

>I guess but if we do that then the existence of data\override\ won't be enforced and people would be able to shit up the data\
I think we're doing fine in that aspect without hand holding.

>I think the compatibility with cards made with older test builds has less priority than making it more user-friendly for the new users.
I think taking care of old users is important too. Can you tell if old cards will be updated at all? Can you tell if this will cause a breakup of user groups using different incompatible versions?

>Ideally, some kind of AAUData editor can be made that won't require the maker but I won't start working on it any time soon(definitely not today/tomorrow) and hackanon has his hands full with AAU itself
It would be great if the ReiEdit author released the source code of his tool for use it as base.

Please do not just dump files in /data.

>Ideally, some kind of AAUData editor can be made that won't require the maker but I won't start working on it any time soon(definitely not today/tomorrow) and hackanon has his hands full with AAU itself
If AAU data could get edited in reiedit I would actually probably start using AAU

>I think we're doing fine in that aspect without hand holding.
only way to tell that would be to get all the currently released cards with the overrides and see the resulting structure. Afaik we didn't even agree on where we're keeping our overrides.
>think taking care of old users is important too
it is but in this case everyone were aware that the change is coming so their current cards won't necessary be compatible with the newer builds. This is the reason I'm calling them test# builds even though they're more functional than the latest official release.
>Can you tell if old cards will be updated at all?
I'll update mine but can't tell you if others will.
>Can you tell if this will cause a breakup of user groups using different incompatible versions?
Maybe. The groups would be basically "updated their cards because they're broken" and "won't update their cards because they don't want to"
>It would be great if the ReiEdit author released the source code of his tool for use it as base.
They have some kind of plugin system in place(and it's functional, there's just no plugins around) but I don't know if editing AAUData would be possible to implement with that alone.
>If AAU data could get edited in reiedit I would actually probably start using AAU
Don't count on that. If it happens it would be a separate editor imo. I suggest you check out AAU as it is because it offers a lot and people are scared of "crashes" and "instabilities" way more than they should. I'd use AAU just for the extra hairs alone.

There are numerically about 10 AAU card makers who share files right now. There aren't enough people for this to cause a serious split. The prospect of bringing in more people to the fold absolutely must be given priority over a minor inconvenience to those people. The sooner this change is made, the fewer cards are hurt by it overall.

I doubt there's anything to make the number of users rise exponentially, AA2 is pretty dead even if we get reasonable activity here, but that's all it is.

as one of the AAU card makers I can tell with certainty stuff gets downloaded around 5 times if that much.

>Don't count on that. If it happens it would be a separate editor imo. I suggest you check out AAU as it is because it offers a lot and people are scared of "crashes" and "instabilities" way more than they should. I'd use AAU just for the extra hairs alone.

Im not worried about crashes, every time I use it it always works great and I love all the stuff it offers. I was just saying that the only thing that is keeping me from using it more is the fact that you have to use the maker to edit AAU data. If there was a convenient program like reiedit to fine tune card data id use it

The cards are slow to be downloaded right now partially because AAU is still scary to some people. Make it user friendly and you'll see more people adopt it.

There are literally cards that extract themselves at this point and all 'test builds' work more than the official ones. I'd say that's a lot more 'intimidating' than anything else

I doubt the userbase AA2 still has is going to see any exponential increase regardless. More people can start using it but I doubt we'll see a jump to hundreds of AAU users because we barely have dozens of people still taking the game seriously

We barely have dozens of people who post in this general regularly.

>There are numerically about 10 AAU card makers who share files right now. There aren't enough people for this to cause a serious split.
That might be the case.
>The prospect of bringing in more people to the fold absolutely must be given priority over a minor inconvenience to those people.
This change won't bring any more new people, it only disappears a small inconsistence in override files placement. Nothing that worried new users about.
>The sooner this change is made, the fewer cards are hurt by it overall.
I agree the sooner the better, but the hit has been severe and it brought no benefit other than enforcing directory structure.

I have similar observations to yours regarding this. Let's see what others testing the new unstable release have to say. Enforce the data\overrides folder or not? That's the matter. I suppose silence would be a tacit acceptance of the change (or the lost of a card maker).

That's my point overall, this isn't some sort of silver bullet that could just usher into a new age of AA2 being widely used. I know I'd have stopped playing it at this point in all honesty and I'm way beyond thankful this even exists but given the admittedly small number of users and all, I think just having both directories as is will show as an issue only for disorganized users (all AAU cards I got were of the 'extract themselves' variety, it doesn't get much more user friendly than that)

yeah, the fact you have to open the maker to adjust the AAU things is annoying as fuck. You can still update the card's AAUD in class just by importing the card face but you have to prepare it with the maker first. Workable but very inconvenient.
I personally don't see the size of the userbase as a concern. While it won't grow it most likely will change: old people will get replaced by new people. And at some point someone would ask the reasonable question: "Why the fuck the default folder is data\ but we have to stuff our shit in the data\override\" ?
>the hit has been severe and it brought no benefit other than enforcing directory structure.
you underestimate the benefit that actually is. And the hit is universal so everyone has to update their cards now. Good news is that no further major changes are coming, it just had to happen eventually.
>this isn't some sort of silver bullet that could just usher into a new age of AA2 being widely used.
No one implied that. The change won't really affect the userbase in any way. If some people refuse to change their cards they begrudgingly will once a new thing gets implemented(poser is halfway here already). And at any point some random game-breaking bug might appear and the fix will break all old cards(it happened a couple times already) so updating the cards is par for the course.

Some people don't remember the HEXAHP and HEXAOC updates that messed up hundreds of cards at a time. Any change to AAU now wouldn't have nearly as negative an impact

I hope you are right. Long live AAU.

I mean it's still a "test" build right?

Anyway post old, but not too old.

>but not too old
Fuck that. Release day old

>tfw this is my oldest cap I have

I lost all of my older screencaps,
so now i can't even post those kinds of old.

;_;

Oh stray polygon on my hair,
I see you there lurking in the periphery of my vision.
But when I turn the camera, you scurry away.
Are you shy stray polygon?
Why only when I ignore you do you return to the center of my view?
Oh stray polygon, it's alright. You are forgiven.

Fix it fix it fix it fix it.
Fix it fix it fix it fix it.

Does anyone have the really nice Monster Monsume cards that were made a month or so back?

They're AAU cards so they might need fixing

Not the original user, but they should be here: imgur.com/a/X9ddg

Thanks man!

Sure. There's a lot of hairs that need fixing that are pretty easy to fix.
Well only like 3-4 that i know.
But after today since normie shit and holidays.

Monster girls are for breeding! BREEDING!

Is that an update for the dagashi hair or an all new one?

Neither.
The back hair isn't the original hair found on the original card, but fits better imo.
inb4 >editing another man's card
Fuck you i do what i want. I don't wanna see weird torpedo breasts with 70+ depth or other janky little details.
Not talking about this card, it's just usually my excuse to go that far.
Back slot 156 lacking a head model is the problem.
This is also the case with another 1 or 2 back hairs.

There's a lot of hairs without low polys. Fixing it is a hassle

does anyone still have the template for this? Without girls I mean

thanks, user

I'm only doing small fixes to things that tickle my autism. I don't think i'm capable of making low poly hairs.
Although maybe i could try if i have the time.

>I'm only doing small fixes to things that tickle my autism.
doing god's work. Please share when you think you're done with it

user................ that would be bulimia

Adding low polys can be as simple as finding a similar existing one and copying the files from that hair. Close is better than bald. Anything you do is appreciated.

ded

Merry Christmas