02 Golf

Just bought this 02 Golf!

133k, clean as a whistle aside from basic interior door handle shenanigans. No accidents, title clean, etc etc.

Tell me what to expect or share some insights, Veeky Forums! Love these cars and this is our first VW.

It's shit and you're dumb

All I got from being at the seller's today, too much driving and investigation to get too many images

Weeeelll....I figured as much on my own.

For what it is, it's a good buy. It's hard to find good examples of these without too many miles or shit maintenance.

A bit older than we would have liked but had to budget correctly for our situation.

I've never owned one, but my friend has one. He has about 160k on it and bought it like yours with about 130k on it. His is a GTi and I know he has had issues with the boost hose for the turbo popping off at random times no matter how well he clamps it. Only other issues he has had that I know of are battery and alternator issues, but these are known for their shoddy electronics. Other than that, not a bad find

A current-certified VW mechanic was a good sell also.

Is it automatic or 5 speed?

No turbo in this little guy, but I have heard of these engines, even non-diesel ones, lasting a long time.

Any issues I've read and heard about on forums were usually things that were inexpensive to replace if regular maintenance was kept up, which in all honesty nearly every car haha.

Auto

i imagine it's a 2.0 so it's going to be slow as shit (i know, i drive one)

mine is at 230k km and so far i've had to replace

-starter
-coolant flange
-radiator

outside of basic maintenace. on the bright side the car's never left me stranded and the 2.0's are known for having the shit kicked out of them and still running. don't think about any go-fast mods because they do nothing on these motors. here's mine, i put on coilovers and bbs reps because i'm a douche

Yeaaahhhh it definitely isn't anything fancy speed wise, but luckily no ego or anything here. Need realiabilty more than power. Does fine for what it's needed for, and bone stock because of it!

Ride looks clean, man, congrats.

>Not a GTI
>Too many doors
>Auto
>Fwd
Hoo boy

are you of eastern descent? why the fuck would you own such a piece of shit?

I know, I know! Trust me, I'd rather have the fun more than original owner, original title realiabilty.

The seller had a sweet R32 for a personal car, but for some reason file size too large? Damn phone images

You may be hungry, but I have no food.

Seller's R32, sorry for the sun.

a paki's wet dream ride
how many gold rings did the seller wear?

None, actually!

Don't beat on it too bad and it'll treat you well

Congrats on the 4 door master race, the GTI's 2 doors are the SAME size, so really you gain utility and lose nothing.

I've been driving MKIII and MKIV VW's for a decade and spend a lot of time on the forums. That auto WILL explode, might be in 5K, might make it to 220K. Best not to risk it. Drive the car for a year or so and sell it.

If you really liked the platform and want another, make sure its manual.

This has to be a fucking troll. Please don't be real.

qt black bora/jetta sedan next to it and you picked up this ugly golf? shame on you

If you paid more than 1000 bucks for this you absolutely goofed, OP.

So, the things that might happen
>one/multiple windows will fall in because of failure of window mechanisms
>The electric part of them can also fail, so the windows might not budge
>The climate control will stop working, maybe electrical, maybe because of the radiator
>the door locks will freeze up in mildly cold weather
>if you wont use the other locks, they will simply refuse to move and will be fucked
>the turbo might go through your exhaust
>random idle fluctuation
also, a lot of funky shit goes down with putting into first/reverse but that is only with manual, as far as I know.

I like Mk 4 golfs, been looking at one myself.
Good buy oppie.