Mazda MX-5 ND-RF Newest Pics!

Someone from Reddit had their dealership receive 2 ND-RFs!

Just wanted to share it here.

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_N_platform
youtube.com/watch?v=Eq2mf7HBwPU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lookin real sexy from the side view.

Top Down and that's all I got.

Enjoy :)

exquisite
especially from the side

would drive the fuck out if it wasn't so expensive

Needs a slight drop and TE37s

Ok

Sexiest car you can get for 30k? I would say so. Damn I love Mazda.

It needs a straight six in it though.

Looks like a twink version of this.

not a single thing they have in common but whatever

what's this design called, when it has a fastback silhouette but a vertical rear window? older ferraris have it too.

Pure sex

Are you retarded?

are you?

damn, you got me

they won't do it, but it'd be nice if they made another mazdaspeed mx5.

Stingray

And the r8 convertible

Those things are called flying buttresses on the Jag XJS, I dunno if there's a word to describe cars that have them

he's going to be the star of the salon this week!

That's pure hardcore milf sex right there homie.

ok

>I dunno if there's a word to describe cars that have them
Outdated.

Have they fixed the asthmatic 155hp 2l?

horsepower cucks arent allowed in this thread faggot

massive drag

So that's a no then. Even slower than a slowerchanaminivan and people will try to justify it.

Sugar scoop roof.

yeah, it's called stop being so fat

Tempted to buy one, thrash the fuck out of it, and then dump it on craigslist.

>btfo every one the road
>cuck

are they both automatics?

Up vote I guess, I dunno the RF seems fine but it's really just a heavier and slower Miata.

steering wheel is on wrong side

Is the headroom any better, or is it just another manlet mobile like the soft top model?

RUDE

yfw you don't understand that the design on the XJS was an "oops". That design was literally a fuckup where the designers didn't talk to the engineers until it was too late.

What does ND stand for?

Where have I seen that design before? Seems like something from 25 years ago....

Does the rear window go down?

I think it looks incredible but I really disagree with the direction Mazda appears to be taking the MX-5 in. How many times are you going to remake a model before actually modifying the internals? All they have done is made the car more aggressive looking, made it safer, and upgraded the interior to be more modern. The weight distribution, suspension, size, weight, and power is more or less unchanged since the NB. It's gone from 110hp at the crank to 155hp at the crank.

It's a good car but fuck - give us some performance.

It doesn't need more power. It's good as it is.

Seriously, all this fucking about with the MX-5 with retractable hardtops, retractable targas, fancy cloth, etc.. and all this time not a single coupe.

Jesus fucking christ, Mazduh. Give us a 220hp turbo, 2550lb coupe for $30K. And give us 30mm more headroom. It's not that hard.

Nice Drive

Wasn't that a $3k aftermarket mechanism?

finally since we never got the NB coupe in North America

nigger dick

>tfw coupe body never
>tfw NA rotary engine option never
a fully spec'd hardtop coupe with an understressed 2 rotor pumping out 200ish HP would be neat

Are they all gonna be in that stupid gray color?

the brz looks like shit though.

Leave the looks, it's the best out there.

The "N" is the platform and the "A, B, C and D" are for the generations.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_N_platform

God dammit don't take this shitty bait

wasn't the ND faster around Tsukuba or some other track?

How btfo would Mazda be if Honda released a new S2000 for their anniversary car in 2018?

What the actual fuck....why did the US never get the hardtop?

I would actually buy a miata if they made it as a hard top. Instead I will be buying the 124 abarth because they actually are going to make a hard top version with a power upgrade

FRS is pigfat though.

wasn't that just a one-off or rare or something

Nope. Sold only to the nip market, Mazda only made close to 200 of them

honestly i think Mazda is depriving us by not giving more options on the miata.

with the popularity of the miata and the poor competition in the cheap sports car market mazda should just make a slightly bigger sports car with more power. it is not much to ask.

and as mazda becomes a more and more premium brand how long until they will release a 2 door mazda 3 coupe?

how long until they release RWD Mazda 4 to compete with the bmw 4 series?

The Miata has been completely redesigned twice since the NB and has no parts commonality with the earlier cars.

Like the NC, the ND has a multi-link rear suspension, whereas the NA and NB shared a double-wishbone layout, which - like most NA/NB parts - could be retrofitted to earlier cars in the series.

And while the ND has some similarities to the numbers of the earlier cars, particularly the NB2, it is the fastest production Miata yet, faster even than the Mazdaspeed.

So I'm not sure what you want.

is this any different performance-wise to the normal mx-5?

yeah, a bit slower and heavier obviously

RF is 2450lbs

86 is 2775lbs and has 2 extra seats, more power and an actual fixed top. Not to mention cheaper.

I'll take the 86.

Whenever I see these on the highway it looks like fun. So low to the ground it probably feels faster than it is.

What's the retail on one of those?

More than you can afford pal. MAZDA.

Seriously though like 35k? I'm guessing they won't sell a base coupe

Pretty sure it's like 33k starting without the performance pack. I might be wrong though.

Lol. You could get so many better cars for $35k.

The RF model starts at $31.5k. Not sure how much isn't there with the base trim, though.

Exactly.

Miatafags will defend this car like crazy though.

it needs a seamlessly integrated ducktail spoiler

>2700lbs is pigfat
The 1.3l diesel cuckbacks are messing with your mind, europussy

like wut

Owned! Miata faggots will never be able to match the performance of a BRZ! Epic Failure!

ugly/gay/frs-is-better

Pretty car, shame after 25 fucking years Mazda can't make the thing as fast as a '90s Z3.

probably off topic here, but, is it possible to receive your car wrapped up like this when you order it? i can think of no better way of buying a """new""" car. the thought that someone else took off all those seals and protection and took it for spin makes me fucking cringe. as a buyer this would be the only condition i'd accept the car in

Know your dealer. If you order from '''''''''luxury''''''' marques like BMW they even let you pick up the car in Germany, drive it for a week, and then they shit it to the US for you.

Don't expect such treatment at a Kia or Ford dealer for a shitbox however.

err I dont know, a mustang?

It looks good, better than I thought, I really like the front... except for that tail end. Those taillights must go. And then the whole butt looks like when you sit down and your leg gets squished down /wide/... I don't like it at all.

I asked for this when I ordered my car and they said they can't because they have to install the fuses and make sure everything is working before they can hand it off to you. Which required taking all that shit off to make sure there is no damage and everything is checked off.
Makes some sense I guess.

idk, i think it's bullshit. the cars get moved around by tow truck drivers before reaching the dealer anyways. i just don't trust the fuckers the work at dealerships. i work near a couple, and i always see employees trashing brand new bmw and audi around the streets, filling the cars up with budget gas and shit.

Don't like facts, call it bait. Salty much?

Related.

>Unwrapping a Bentley.
youtube.com/watch?v=Eq2mf7HBwPU

As a guy who owns several businesses and several cars, I was considering a Smart to reach to business meetings when I'm late.

Can the ND-RF be used as a get-to-the-point-fast car?

I asked this question a few months back when the RF wasn't announced and people here told me to wait for the RF and I'm asking again to know more of your opinions. I like the looks of the RF more.

Gay

I remember you on that Miata thread asking the same question. And yeah, my opinion is get the RF.

It's faster around virtually every track, including Willow Springs which isn't a low speed track.

That picture is some fake bullshit made by some nobody car reviewer that some faggot on Veeky Forums keeps spamming in every thread.

This, dubs confirm.

I fucking love the ND RF. I can't afford one right now, but you bet your ass a used one will be in my garage in a few years unless I go full retard and get a Cayman S.

The ND multilink is quite different from the NC's. It behaves the opposite in some circumstances. Gives a lot more confidence.

This. The ND is black voodoo magicks. 155HP does not tell the whole story, plus the fact that they were able to make it so light even with modern safety standards is monumental.