What does Veeky Forums think about RCR?

what does Veeky Forums think about RCR?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X9As5HRpu9w&index=41&list=UUpJzn2YHODDUGuqtFSOtjxg
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-blocker/jknkjnpcbbgcbdbaampbjlhkcghmgfhk
youtu.be/uwYZ48pqxZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Matt Farah is sooo much better

Harry's Garage is sooo much better

Degenerate furfag

is this Veeky Forums's equivalent of who are you quoting

They're how I got into cars in the first place but after watching more videos, it's starting to grate on me. I like most of the content but a lot of the humor is just fucking asinine.

That goddamn gravelly voice, the RANDUMB asides of a sexual nature, the dependence on toilet humor in general. A lot of it is just shit.

But I do appreciate most of the reviews themselves. Especially considering the kinds of stuff they review, old shit no one else cares about.

He's an excellent writer but his actual car knowledge is sometimes a bit Shakey. Romans music is usually pretty cool.

2nd, its definitely something i enjoy myself but i feel like i'd loose the respect of my homies if I showed it to them.

this
it's top gear on a Pennsylvania budget

KUTZTOWN DRAGON

great show for a chuckle or two

>No car knowledge outside of meme cars
>Cant fucking drive manual
>To much random bullshit and not enough review (no balance)
>furfag

>How you got into cars in the first place
Holy shit lmao there are people like this?

Same

furfag?
where are people getting this from

also iirc he reviews tons of non meme cars

google "Kutztown dragon"
he's a furfag according to his college days

>the gearbox in this Dodge Caravan is just like URRRGH taking a DUMP off the back of a BOAT
no actually it really isn't those two things aren't even comparable

>before the echo incident
"he's funny"
"wish he wouldn't post so often about a new video being up"
"i like it"
>after the echo incident
this thread basically

the weirdest part is people pretending they hated him before it was cool

He's a furry?
Well actually, he did reference Fuckdertail in his Corolla review...

Exactly this. After the GoFundMe or whatever he basically turned the douche to 11 and hasn't come back.

He has an old youtube account in which he documents a furrycon

youtube.com/watch?v=X9As5HRpu9w&index=41&list=UUpJzn2YHODDUGuqtFSOtjxg

Best car related YouTube channel that isn't about cars.

I think we like to poke fun out of him , but no one here will feny he's funny as fuck.

I will, it's toilet humor but because he goes on diatribes it's supposed to be acceptable, yet it really isn't

Which is why his program is basically Reddit Car Reviews

Went downhill after he totalled his echo

t. Dodge caravan owner

*commited fraud

Biggest gripe about Mr Regular is that in his POV driving vids he ALWAYS interrupts the owner when they're talking in order to say something that's not even important. Maybe that's autism, but he really comes off as a dickhead

He is autistic, his ramblings are pants on head retarded and he doesn't actually know a lot about cars but that's why I like watching it and so do other people.

He said it himself he doesn't want to do "Regular Car Reviews", the name is a joke on its own.

If you watch his videos only to know the specs/facts about a car then you are missing the point.

Neat at first, but the more you watch the more it feels like every video is just an excuse to come up with the most contrived and convoluted similes he can, and every one is about gutter sex or taking a shit.
Plus, like said,
>To much random bullshit and not enough review
His Plymouth Horizon video actually pissed me off because I actually really like them, and the review was just five minutes of history and a basic explanation of how it's built, and then the actual review part is literally just "oh yeah, how's it drive? nobody cares." in a smug tone and then cut to credits.

He's gotten too tame lately. If you watch any of his newer reviews they all go on long tangents that apparently only English majors find funny or accurate. Meanwhile his older stuff is completely different and far better imo.

His Dodge Avenger review is my favourite because it's absolutely vile and stood out. All his new stuff is just the same old same old with none of the "meat"

its a shit

I like

I really wish jewtube would get the hint that they should stop fucking recommending that shitty channel to me.

If you use Chrome then you can use this to block his channel

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-blocker/jknkjnpcbbgcbdbaampbjlhkcghmgfhk

This. I don't care about his fetish for fictional animal people, and chances are I'm not going to be educated just by him memeing at me. I just care whether he can entertain me.

that guy from reddit memes
>dibs bedora
>republicans white people lol xddddddddddddddd

He's really gotten terrible. The reviews are now 100% car history and metaphors. There's nothing about the actual car anymore.
The Plymouth Horizon is a great example. I want to know what the car feels like, how's the matinence, how's the engine feel, what quirks does it have, what's the community like?
I don't give a flying fuck about why a company decided to make said car. I'm not a car guy because I love history. I'm a car guy because I love how a car makes me feel and the connection I have with a car.

I loved all his old videos (except the stupid Fiero video) but I don't watch him anymore because I just get angry.

autistic humor
his voice is rapey as shit, cant listen for more than 2 videos
I appreciate him reviewing oddball cars that no other channel covers though
furfag
hmmm
music is shit too

>how I got into cars in the first place

Fucking what? And I thought the people who's gateway into cars was initial were bad.

HOLY FUCK RIGHT???

I thought I was the only one who noticed, he always fucking interrupts people, and on the rare occasion that he listens to someone say something, he just starts talking about other shit rather than actually listening or responding, it makes him seem like such a fucking douche

I've never met anyone IRL that interrupts people to such a shitty extent, I would have a hard time not telling him to shut the fuck up

he's not funny, he's a pseudo-intellectual fuck who comes off as incredibly self-centered and holier-than-thou

His whole hard luck story of being retarded in high school or whatever makes it even worse

I used to enjoy his videos, but over the past year or two I can't watch any of them without cringing at his shitty toilet humor and voices and shit

"Reddit Car Reviews" really sums it up

Add to that the fact that he's a pussy and drives like shit...

Fatt Marah is an annoying faggot too, but at least he drives people's cars hard enough to actually evaluate performance characteristics

I suppose him being a furfag explains it all really

He did a documentary on furries back in like 05 and I really want to see it

I think he's pretty funny, but from the way he interacts with other people it's clear he has some low level autism

err, no, he's been basically the same before and after, he didn't change, Veeky Forums just suddenly hated him
it's very /v/

>what does Veeky Forums think about RCR?

I enjoy him for the same reason many others hate him- his metaphor.

I could read an Edmunds review if I wanted to learn the facts about some ancient shitbox.

I never kept watching his videos to learn the technical specs- I can google those myself.

I like watching his videos because they're so abstract.

It's entertaining to me.

Is it informative? Depends on how you view his English major babble. Is it funny? Depends on your preferred humor. I like it to an extent.

But it's good for 10 minutes. Can't ask for much more than that in this day and age.

Well, he has his own style. Like it or hate it. If you are in for factual reviews go watch some Motortrend reviews. Want some quirks of cars you probably never met from a guy who can't drive faster than my grandma - go watch Doug. Want someone who will wrench on cars in such a bad way for such bad reasons that it makes you wtf - roadkill is for you. Want some aussie/weeaboo low budget entertainment? Straight to MCM. Interested in driving feels and getting some comparison between cars? Matt is your guy.

You see, each show has own style and plays on it. Not that anyone of them couldn't do it otherwise but it is their nieche and branding.

>Want some aussie/weeaboo low budget entertainment? Straight to MCM.
WELCOME TO JUST CAR INSURANCE i mean Mighty Cuck Mods

I mean Mechanical Stig does all the work while i sit there and make terrible music

I mean marty does everything while i just sit there are fap.

I prefer his POV drive videos to his actual ones

I prefer Doug Demuro, he is much more sarcastic and his writing is genuinely entertaining and usually makes me chuckle.

Yup
youtu.be/uwYZ48pqxZg

Reddit Car Reviews shill pls go. If Bill Cosby gets publicly shunned for raping women in his free time that furfag should get shunned for liking beastiality. He's only giving real car enthusiasts a bad name.

Same

I wish he would go more into the detail of the particular car that he's reviewing, like all the quirks that it has, instead of mostly talking about the history of the model line or listing the stereotypes of the kind of people that would drive such cars, many of which making absolutely 0 sense.

Oh, and he should quit POV drives. Not only does he interrupt people when they're talking about something interesting (like said) he also straight up cuts out parts of the owners showing/talking about something interesting and that makes me so fucking mad

I recently checked the channel again to see if it has improved and they uploaded some podcast like thingy about the Dale and eventhough it had some of the similar problems of LOL RANDOM FUNNY VOICE, I felt it was really interesting. That's how it should be done. Reviews talking about one specific car and only that car, and podcasts talking about the history of the model or other car related stuff.

>furfags keep driving despite cars being put on this earth by God to kill furries

It's confusing

>"Click the link below to check out my collum on autotrader.com"

Nah, personally I didn't know of initial until this board. I've loved cars ever since one of my mom's friend's husband wanted to help me on a project car as my first car. It never happened but reading and learning about cars is what made me become obsessed

literally r/cars

I'm impartial to him as a person, I stopped liking his videos when they got too into the anthropology and his views of an era.

What really bothers me about him is how the fuck did he only manage to get like 170 horsepower out of a modified 302. Like what the fuck

He did say the dyno was uncalibrated...but still

I swear for the longest time if I clicked "not interested" they would just recommend the video more. Especially with that top 10 shit

B-But why won't you watch that video about why the Yugo sucks?????

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Used to like his videos until I slowly realized that he didn't know shit and was just googling information and/or getting it off of the retards on reddit.

A lot of his jokes start to repeat and it gets old quick, plus the furry thing kind of disgusts me.

Add him to the list of people I wish would fuck off and die.
>JR Garage
>StreetSpeed1776 or whatever that fags name is
>Movlogs
>Every other channel ran by a kid that doesn't know shit about cars but has daddys money and can buy whatever they want and review it with their $10k dslr that they only use for instagram snapshit

Being a rich kid is so cringey now a days.

>Uncalibrated
Ok, so a 15 percent margin of error means that maybe he has as high as 200whp and as low as 160.

On a roller 5.0 with a valve job, cam, new valve springs, aluminum intake and a whole freshening netted him the same hp as a stock 5.0. That takes some skill

This guy gets it

Because who else shares my affinity the shit boxes known as the K-series line of cars.

oh yeah haggards garage is pretty neat

>spent months blowing the guy's shop
>thousands of dollars
>fuckin 160 hp v8
It was hilariously bad.

Haggard garage is ghey. Harry's garage is max comfy

Doesn't stop them from recommending new uploads.

Yeah i just don't understand how you even do that. Didn't they re ring the engine anyway?

Re-ring, complete cleanup, new carb, new valve guides, conversion from an electric water pump to a manual. I'm pretty sure that was the full extent of the job beyond simple restoration... I'd have to check again.

I don't see anything that would actually raise horsepower- and the minimal gains that probably could have been taken were probably sapped by that manual water pump.

I don't know, you tell me. You're the one who keeps making this thread literally every week. I'm sure you've had some varying answers by now.

Didn't he put a bigger cam in? And valve train?

Great entertainment, and occasionally I learn a thing or two about car history. What more could you ask for?

Lame af

no you tool. your autism makes your opinion invalid

I haven't watched it in a long time, but if the "funny" voices are still filling an increasingly large percentage of each review then its probably still shit.

When you hit "not interested?" It'll give you the option to tell them why, you can block the channel

>power was sapped by manual water pump
Lmfao, yeah right bro.

He had an AM carb, cam, exhaust manifolds, intake, exhaust, tuning, complete rebuild, etc. and made less hp than a fucking jeep cherokee.

River City Ransom is pretty gud

Not gonna lie, that's pretty sad...

But it /is/ a tourer, not a race car, and it's still got double it's original power. So it's an improvement.

Now if you wanna talk about something that smacked of bad taste the second I saw it, it was those low-profile whitewalls. Makes the car look like total shit and probably ain't doing any favors for the ride.

This was my shit when I was 8

The tourer argument I don't get. If that's the case, why not just also a carb and a distributor on it and call it a day? He rebuilt it, and made less power than stock

Perhaps for reliability? I can't be sure. We'll only see how things go in future, and whether the build does anything special.

this guy gets it. its like topgear is not about cars but three old men. RCR is what the cars represent.

Yo dude, go message him on Facebook or through YouTube. He's pretty responsive and if you word it well, I'm sure he'll try to take it in that direction. He seems like a nice guy, albeit pretty awkward.

It's like Jake the garden snake but cars

I met him and Roman once. They're both nice as fuck, but super socially awkward. The show's declined a bit in quality, but I think Mr. R's just losing his mind.

get out