Think its totaled?

Its a 2007 Acura TL with ~90000 miles on it. Damaged seemed kinda bad desu but i'm hoping it'll be okay. Please god tell me it wont be totaled.

it'll buff right out.

looks absolutely fucked

stancefag

yea its fucked mate, contact the nearest russians, they specialize in making fucked look good to dupe people.

I'd fuck me

seems like an improvement

Yep it's totaled. If it's an automatic nothing of value was lost.

let it go dude its totally fucked

and to be honest it wasnt worth a ton to begin with

Is it actually "totally fucked" tho? Car still started up and drove onto the tow truck. Wasn't leaking anything. I dont know but it didn't seem that fucked to the point of being "totalled"

Honestly any insurance company will value the car low and the cost of repair high. It doesnt look that bad but the ins adjuster will take new parts into consideration when quoting what itll take to fix the car. Imagine all new acura suspension at least on that corner and maybe even a new rear subframe+ all of that fucking body work that will be necessary.

New airbags too, and those arent cheap at all

Aftermarket parts are an option though which should significantly reduce cost..no?

in insurance terms she's fucked

DUDE ITS FUCKED
just stop
i know it hurts to lose somthing you love so much

but you need to keep moving forward, dont fixate on it. there will be others
i would give you a hug if i was there because this must obviously hurt to hear

Looks like bentor broken
>control arm
>tie rod
>that panel needs replaced
>real axle if applicable

Is it totaled? Maybe but that's easily 5-7 grand in damage to have a body shop.fix

Been there done that.

Is right.

Your car is gone. It's a honda, and isn't worth much to them because the name "acura" means nothing to them.

Your car will be written off, and your payout should at least be the low end value of the car, or if you have a loan, the loan should be paid off.

It's totaled for sure from an insurance perspective.
But, it's salvageable unless the rear rail has buckled.

>worth repairing
doubt

Yea your insurance is going to claim that 10 year old car a total loss OP. 100%

Take the money the insurance will give you for it and buy another car with it.

It won't be worth it to repair.

You could literally get another TL if you wanted

To add I didn't notice the air bags. It's totalled for sure in the insurance eyes. I would say it isn't even worth fixing if you do it yourself unless.you want a fuck you go ahead and hit me car.

If frame is bent or broken then she is fucked

The answer is 100% yes, but you should be asking the insurance company not us.
That's easily $8k worth of repairs at a shop.

Keep in mind, you intend to continue driving it you have to register it as a salvage title with the DMV, which can be a pain the ass.

Usually includes a bit of paperwork, a couple inspections and a few hours spent at the DMV waiting in line.

Airbags deployed = totaled.

Keep it and part it out.

you would probably need an entire new rear end and the frame would need to be chopped up and rewelded because it's totally fucked.

Maybe the engine still runs, but the cost of the body work needed to have the car 1/2 as structurally sound would probably cost 10-12 grand at minimum.

Completely fucked m8

its fucked
hope you have insurance
if it was a 6 speed, im sorry. those are pretty dope.
insurance will probably give you a nice chunk of change for it

>if you have a loan, the loan should be paid off.
Loan balance is irrelevant.

I do have a loan on the car, but are they not "guaranteed" to pay the loan off essentially if its within reason? I don't wanna make fuckin car payments on a totaled car

>"guaranteed" to pay the loan off
Not at all.

if you have gap insurance as part of your loan, the insurance company will pay the difference if what you owe is larger than the payout.
Generally, whatever you're given by the insurance company will go through the bank first to settle the loan, then the remainder goes to you

If you owe more than the car is worth and you dont have gap insurance, you'll be making payments on a totaled car

>the insurance company will pay the difference if what you owe is larger than the payout.
sorry, thats inaccurate actually
but basically the remainder of the loan will be forgiven

>protip

Once you make the deal with salesmen you should be able to talk that finance guy into adding gap insurance without your monthly going up.

The finance guy will make more $ on the deal and the difference comes out of the salesmen cut.

its fucked m8

>financing a 10-12k car
You dun goofed.

I used to think this, but this is not true. I work at a collision shop, thats only true if the airbags that vehicle uses are discontinued

its generally true, because you add a few grand in labor on top of everything else just because of the airbags deploiying

Judging by your shadow and vehicle, you're a numale

shotomatic

Autotragic

honestly autos arent even real cars

Jesus you drove it? The rear end looks bent as fuck, it's not just the body dents. And are those airbags I see hmmmm?

Its almost 10 years old. Its fucked.

Nah, it's history.

Let insurance total it, but don't let them take the car. You can recoup way more by selling parts off it than insurance will give you to drag it away.

Plus, parting it out ensures it doesn't fall into the hands of some shady car lot or curbstoner that will do half-assed repairs and sell it to some sucker.

Man Veeky Forums, I know you'll all troll me about my car for whatever reason, but I'm depressed about this loss. It was probably the best car/cleanest example by far in my area that I'll be able to afford for a while. How do you guys deal with these situations?

>panel needs to be replaced
It's unibody senpai, that shit is not going to be cheap.

Think of the subframe, wishbone, and likely frame damage... plus the door, gas tank, hub assembly, probably the shock too.

If you wanted to pay to have it fixed, OP, that's 10 grand bare minimum. If it wasn't your fault, have the other person's insurance pay for it, but you'll probably just get a 5k settlement because it's FRONT WHEEL DURAIBU

pic very related.

>bent suspension mounts
It's done.

>Quarter panel damage
Your fucked

>insurance / finance companies give money away for free
Are you literally retarded?

Like everyone else said, probably fucked. Bought a 2016 shitbox to get me through school and some asshat t-boned me. Damage didn't look too bad but the airbags on the whole side of the car went of and insurance called it totaled.

no one is trolling you faggot.

i love my cars as well but if it ever got into an accident where its totaled, regardless if its my fault or not, I'd move on, its just metal, not that big of a deal.

The car getting sold at auction is part of how the insurance company recovers the cost, you don't just 'take it' from them.

It's like half of the people in this fucking thread are 13 and don't know how shit works

No, you have the option to buy it back for 15% give or take, of the cash value of the car. They make the money back by that/auctioning it off, and by jacking up the rates of whoever is at fault

>s it actually "totally fucked" tho?
yes
unibody damage and possible damage to the suspension mounting points on a 2007 car?
would be cheaper to total it and write you a check

Sorry for your loss dude. I know it hurts but it's gone. The whole rear suspension looks fucked, those panels are fucked, and you're going to need new airbags. On a 10 year old car it's likely to be totalled, especially if the crash structure or uni body are fucked

Yes, you can buy it back

And why the fuck would you spend money on something you need to manually part out, unless you know you have tons of mods on it that you can reuse?

Yea on mine that is all one piece all the way up to the hood. The ended up cutting it and replacing the back half. Dude who welded it was a fucking boss. Can't even tell it's been wrecked. Also doesn't drive weird. Believe that if you want to or not.

That accident was just shy ok 10k 8n damage

Write off dude.
Enjoy your dirty titled car that has zero resale beyond part value
>And why the fuck would you spend money on something you need to manually part out, unless you know you have tons of mods on it that you can reuse?
Because you can make more parting it out if you are down to put in the time. That said for an Acura, its not worth it. BMW, Mercedes, etc, maybe.

Lol its all good man wasn't planning on selling since I own it outright. Now when I blow it up with eBay mods it won't matter. Always have the bike to fall back on.

Got tons of other shit from the lady's insurance who hit me. Diminished value and 3 months worth of rental reimbursement for some one who is under 25. The rental was 4k alone. Just borrowed my dad's truck and had him write up an invoice for what enterprise would have charged me. Was salty at first but I ended up getting a brand new wrx for quite cheap. So I can't complain coming out ahead dollar wise

Owned it for 3 hours and it had 65 miles on the clock. Was a sad day

totally totalled buddy

>Frame Damage
>Rear Subframe Fucked
>Shell is entirely fucked
get a rolling shell and swap all the goodies into it

aight OP I know you're hurtin and broken up about it.

It's no fun losing a car.

My car was hit while it was parked outside my house and the driver drove away.

Fucked up my bumper/tail-light/rear quarter panel.

Insurance gave me $3,300, and let me keep the salvaged car.

I ended up getting her road legal again, it took awhile to get through the paperwork and inspections but it was doable. When its all done and your car is registered it feels great. It's just another story you add to your lists.

So you'll mourn for a couple weeks, but you'll get past it m8.

I'd fuck me hard.

Looks like your camber is on point, fresh af

do you mind if I share it on my Instagram?

I'm not op I'm this user
Was just letting the op I know that feel. That post was for the user who said that had a salvaged title. It doesn't but there is a major wreck on the VIN. Insurance is a bullshit scam took 6 months of my life fighting with them to get all my shit since they wanted to do a 50/50 fault and I wasn't having that shit

>financing

>FWD
laughinggirls.jpg

>Judging by your shadow

2007 Acura TL, Blue Book Value ~$6000-7000

-Rim $80-150
-Tire $60-90
-Rear Shocks $200-300
-Rear Knuckle $70-100
-Rear Brake Pads/Rotors $100-150
-Rear Sway Bar and Bushings $50-100
-Rear Sway Bar Link $20
-Rear Quarter Panel $80-200
-Rear Door $800

Parts $1460-1910
Paint $800-1500
Alignment $80
Labor $3000 avg less or more depending on who you get to do it

Total Repairs with Labor, before tax
$5340-$6490

If you're willing to do the work yourself you could total it and make whatever the differnce in the parts and the pay out is. But if you aren't thinking its totaled I don't think you'll be capable of doing a servicable job on the repairs