BMW v BENZ

now that the dust has settled

its time we finish this age old debate, which car maker is better? BMW or Mercedes?

>S550 BTFO by 750
>M7 will feature AWD which only means AMG will get BTFO on the launch
>avoid any SUV comparisons

Other urls found in this thread:

topspeed.com/cars/bmw/2017-bmw-m7-ar169126.html
youtube.com/watch?v=akMu7cvZFmI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>How was the s550 btfo?
>Doesnt awd just mean no fun allowed?
>Does bmw even make a non-hideous suv?
>Should i keep talking to her even if she doesnt like me the same way?

Both are a pain in the dick to work on, fuck both of them.

>german memegineering
I'll stick with the one that doesn't blow up when the warranty runs out.

If Lexus used regular oil filters instead of paper canister filters they would literally be perfect

>S550 BTFO

No.

>M7
What? This doesn't exist.

>Paper Canister
>Bad

How's it bad not having a bunch of oil spill from the back of the motor

I'd rather have the Porsche for a sports car or a Lexus as a luxury car. M2 aside new BMWs suck dick, and Mercedes though a nicer place to be in are worthless without a warranty

Bavarians are just as good at making cars as they are at making beers, complete shit. BMW is a meme these days and gets BTFO'd by a Caddilac.
>But meh 2002 m3 shitbox
> huh muh reliability and performance dur
Mercedes is the only real German car.

M7? What are you on about m8

there isn't any competition, bmw went to utter shit after the e36 and their cars are fucking weak as piss power wise. interiors, bmw can't compete.

>Giving a fuck about German Landships

Dude most amgs come with awd now

i'll take what is vag for 500 chris

Hijacking this post for a minute. My buddy bought a 2013 328i (pre-owned) with around 45k miles. About two months into owning it, it had to be serviced for a misfiring cylinder that was making the car shake violently upon acceleration.

They replaced the ignition coils and spark plugs and it stopped.

Do you guys think it's indicative of a larger engine issue perhaps or is a misfiring cylinder genuinely a fairly trivial issue that can be resolved with some new ignition coils and spark plugs?

Both S and 7 are pigfat landbarges.
Only performance models are the m2 and the amg gts.

>s550 btfo
btfo'd by a pigfat bmw that has the same interior design as a fucking 3 series?
>m7
10/10 trolling op

Not if it stopped after they were replaced?

oh, but it does.

topspeed.com/cars/bmw/2017-bmw-m7-ar169126.html

Coils failing on BMWs are a common thing.

Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft

Wow haha dude nice comeback! I'll be amazed if he ever shows his face on Veeky Forums again! Neato!

>3/21/2016

lol

OK, but a gigantic 3-Series with a 8 cylinders doesn't beat an S-Class available with 12 cylinders...

Literally one of these cars is a swollen 3-Series.....

>they all get BTFO by a fucking Camaro

Uhhh e46 M3, Z4M coupe/roadster?

When it comes to s class, no competitor is its equal. For me f01 felt just like more comfy, roomier and heavier 5 series and w221 with abc is just amazing. Really hard to describe the ride quality and interior finish. 7 series might hit xxx mph fraction of a second quicker but who cares for that in big sedan? Its not like you are going to be throwing it around corners like hoonigan.

That being said, the new w222 can only be better than w221 i drove and i think that people who never tried those cars underestimate how good they are

This. I know people who shit on MB while calling their shitbox comfy. Niggers don't know shit about true patrician levels of comfort and ride quality.

Needing to have four tools to change one properly, and way more of a pain in the ass than spin ons.

>giant filter socket
>breaker bar to loosen it
>torque wrench to torque it to 25nm
>small flathead screwdriver to change the o ring gasket

All that instead of literally no tools since you can take spin ons off by hand if the last guy to do the oil change didn't hulk it the fuck on.

Thats because those people have never experienced the luxury of a Benz and were raised you guessed it a shitbox. Mercedes has ruled Germany for decades now and while BMW peasant boys keep climing their Bavarian garbage is better we can laugh and drive along in true comfort.

>oil change takes 12 min instead of 10!
wtf i hate lexus now

Fucking shit, that's what.

2009 GS 460 get BTFO by 545i german memegineering yesterday and driver start show fingers and swear.

The 760i/M760i features a V12
and the S class is literally a bloated C/E class

Weak as piss but still faster than any competing Benz with more power

this is the correct answer, not to say BMW and Benz don't make great cars but Lexus just makes them better.

I have experienced ''the comfort of Mercedes'' as I have owned an E class and my family has owned some Mercs.
BMW has better sound insulation, better steering, better infotainment but stiffer (sportier) suspension.
Not saying Benz is shit but overrated as a luxury car.
BMW also builds Rolls Royce which are literally the best luxury vehicles on planet

>better
>slow as shit
youtube.com/watch?v=akMu7cvZFmI
text me when Lexus builds a proper M2/M3/M4/M5/M6/X5M competitor

Current BMW engines have a greater chance of melting down, or blowing up compared to any Benz engine on a bad day. 250 Fahrenheit is the median temperature of BMW's 3.0L I6 sequential turbo.
Also Start/Stop is a meme when the electrical radiator fan also turns off at a full stop, that is when you have to take a Benz to a mechanic for a near once in a lifetime fan failure fix.
Also dealership service comparison is not an argument.

Top kek, Toyota's luxury brand models are even worse than Toyota's current mirrored models. How would Lexus ever recover?

They don't because GM's answer is apparently always Cadillac ATS, which shares the current Camaro chassis.

>This is a Top Lux brand name gunning for BMW and not Benz while Lincoln is actually surpassing in overall Luxury quality.

I just find it kinda strange. I literally have 38 cylinders between all my vehicles (some as old as 30 years old) and never in my life have I come across a misfiring cylinder. Yet somehow it pops up in a 3 year old BMW. Fuck, the 3 series aren't even performance cars, so I don't know how this performance:Reliability meme is supposed to play in

mercedes is for stupid faggots who think being comfy is worth anything.

their shitboxes easily get priced up into the 6 figures & have nothing to show for it but useless materials & a shiny badge.

meanwhile bmw is making fun & engaging cars while also offering them in a transmission option that doesn't suck cock.

>inb4 a bunch of autotragic defenders reply to this
>inb4 dumb niggers who will defend their useless needs to be comfy

Mercedes is more prestigious.

They've been more successful, for way longer than any other automotive brand.

>meanwhile bmw is making fun & engaging cars while also offering them in a transmission option that doesn't suck cock.

There is actually idiots who think BMW create these street legal race cars.
Buddy BMW has been taken over by the corporate slaves.

>mfw

that's what happens when a manufacturer recommends premium but their ownerbase is notorious for being cheapskates.

the mercedes s600 is literally the best car in the world

How do people take the fake exhaust car brand seriously?

how do people take the fake exhaust noise brand seriously?

>ford

I don't think this was ever an actual debate. They make different cars for different people. Drivers bought BMWs and pensioners, rappers, and the rest bought Mercs.

>drivers bought BMWs

because if you own a new S-class, you're always sitting in the back

Veeky Forums - sitting in the back of things

BMW is literally seen as a peasantbox, the BMW fanboy digs his own grave once again

>Prestigious

lmao what does that even mean in the context of a vehicle? I want performance you nigger.

BMW fanboys sure do try hard

The Lexus comes with more features and is a more comfortable and reliable ride. Also considering they are a bit new to the performance scene they are sure quite there with the competitors.

>3750+ lbs
>lexus """"sports"""" coupe
l
m
a
o

Why not both?

this.

>more features
nignog please,the new g11 is on a different level

>BMW faggot doesn't know what prestige is
Why is absolutely nobody surprised?

youre retarded, benz debuted all (except the W220) of its "new styling languages" with their S class.
if anything, C/E are the smaller versions of S

I'm pretty sure that the S-Class has been beating the 7 in almost every comparison test. The new AMG models feature AWD too.

Fraudulent shitboxes made in Mexico that even Mexicans know to stay away from.

so does BMW
first came the F01 7 series followed by 5 series 3 series etc
the same is with the new G11 7er

The 3-Series is BMW's flagship product, not the 7. Everything from design to technology trickles up from the 3 within BMW and it shows.

The 7-Series is constantly called a pigfat 3-Series.

you just pulled this out of your ass and you know it.
The 3 series has never been a flagship but the top selling BMW.

It's ugly and not as elegant. This sums up every BMW in comparison to the equivalent Benz.

The only saving grace is "driving performance" which means diddly squat in a luxury landyacht.

>ugly
that is literally just your opinion
the 7 series is gorgeous in comparison to the melting bubble S class

BMW needs to make something that can compete with this first

Z5/Supra, I guess.

Nothing bmw makes comes close to the luxury of the mercedes maybach s600, some say nicer inside and comfier than a rolls royce.

>putting a hockey stick on the side of your flagship sedan

Unequivocally ugly.

BMW makes Rolls Royce which is more luxurious.

that's like a mustang competing with a corvette

You should stop user
It will hurt when she moves on and you don't

>BMW makes Rolls Royce which is more luxurious.

this is the most retarded thing i have ever read on Veeky Forums

> Talks about Rolls Royce
> In a BMW vs Merc thread

Retardation hits new levels.

I've owned both C class and 3 Series (currently my daily driver).Both my cars are from the same time period. The handling is more direct and fun on the BMW. The engine, the interior, the design, the longevity and the overall quality are a magnitude better on the merc.

Also:

Driving the BMW, I get the "look at this obonxious asshole" look

Driving the Mercedes, I get the " this man seems to have achieved something in life" look

In NZ BMW's are driven by eastern euros or wankers while mercy are driven by chinks

Rolls Royce is as much BMW as Maybach is Mercedes
Same platforms, engines, chassis etc.
The Ghost is a rebadged 7 series with different body panels and interior design.

>Mercedes F1 world champs
>BMW ??

DTM : Merc has won 9 constructor titles since 2000 vs BMW 3,

BMW joined DTM in 2012 and they have been dominating since.