New battery was $200

>new battery was $200

Other urls found in this thread:

tesla.com/blog/infinite-mile-warranty
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>owning a BMW

OP is a faggot

>not running your car off the alternator for a few months and then having everything blow up at once

>Go to Autozone
>Buy new regular battery
>"Ok sir, I'll go grab it for you."
>Woman comes back with the "gold" battery
>"OK, here u are, have a nice day"
>She doesn't notice
>Free upgrade

Ayy pretty nice. What about the warranty though, the warranty is registered in some lower quality battery

>autozone
>woman
surprised you didn't get the wrong size, familia.

He's lucky it was a battery

>new battery was $12,000

>tfw engineer
>tfw can literally just fucking build it myself

>not buying refurbished battery off CL for $40

>my car needs two batteries
>will cost me $800 at dealer including labor

>INCLUDING LABOR
>NOT CHANGING YOUR OWN B A T T E R Y

>Refurbished
>CL
Wat?
I think you just bought a bad battery.

Can you conjure up various lead salts and a big durable plastic container for them out of thin air too?

A54999 Electrical Misc Repair $262.50
4715 COT
1 211-541-00-01 Battery $184.90
1 Batt Batt Disposal 1.50

* 46618 AUX Battery Defective. Short Test Battery Control Module Reprogram Fault 9092 Aub Battery Defective. Fail Battery Test. Remove and Replace AUX Battery 2.0 Hrs

>he cant build a space ship out of a leaf and a rock

Are you a woman?

I hope they at least lubed you up before bending you over like that, maybe a reach around too.

That's like 5 minutes of actual labor...

The Panasonic battery in car lasted 10 years. I'm not sure it even needed replacing, but my car didn't start twice in a week and I figured it was more likely the battery than my stupidity (though, you never know).

I tried to find a VatoZone or Advance that sold Panasonic JDM batteries but found none. I'd pay $200 gladly, the Duracell I replaced it with doesn't as long a service interval and cost me $110.

Liberals wont understand car maintenance

You're aware that any needed battery replacement for those is lifetime free, right?

You can't evel troll properly.

>A54999 Electrical Misc Repair $262.50

MANG, wat?

262 fucking dollars for what?

Google "battery reconditioning"
I've had the thing for two months and it's still going strong. Cold starts every morning at like 10 degrees. It's not BS cause there's a load of shops that specialize in battery reconditioning. I've had friends that have run refurbed batteries for 4 years and they're still pretty good.

>'''''''''''''lifetime'''''''''''''''

You might wanna read the fine print on that battery warranty.

That's the expected "life of the vehicle" They could rate that at 5 years if they wanted. You'd then be fucked when they die @ 6 years.

Do you understand what unlimited miles/unlimited years means?

Only a pleb would buy the 60lWh Tesla that comes with the 8 year limited warranty.

Every other is lifetime.

Stupid fuck.

What are you even complaining about ameriburguer? You don't even have two years warranty mandatory for all new vehicles.

What's the difference it you engine bites the dust 72 hours after the warranty period ends?

Is it that shit where they put baking soda and water in a battery? Because thats retarded and if you pay for it you are next level retarded.

I think so. Not baking soda and water but some other generic salt and it only goes into the dead cells I believe.

batteries are made of lead, plastic, sulfuric acid, water, and sometimes an absorbent sheet to hold the electrolyte as a sort of dry-cell-ish thing

therefore you can just make your own battery out of onion juice, sheets of paper, radiation shielding, and a tupperware, right?

I guess. Not sure how great of a battery that would be though
Pretty sure people who recondition them """professionally""" use something else. Regardless, it's worked great for me and I think it's more retarded to be spending twice as much on something that does the same job. Feel free to do so if you want to though.

Good for you. You don't get the same power output but if you don't care and you can't Google how to do it yourself then go for it I guess.

Wait until you buy an AGM battery OP you poof.

>new battery was $200
That's cheap. My 2016 GM Malibu battery costs $288 from my stealership. I have one AGM battery in the front and one AGM battery in the trunk.

What kind of battery? I paid $140 a piece for both mine, although they were strangely cheap, way more so than you'd get online or at a dealer

Exide/Sonnak Powerline 75AH, 630CCA

>That's like 5 minutes of actual labor...
More than that in my stupid plastic electronic car. There's also a module to be re-installed on top of the battery.

A battery replacement involves making the security systems talk to each other again. It also needs to have the entertainment system security talk to the main computer. Thankfully, the other battery system (dual battery system) automatically communicates.

Actually it's 8 years / unlimited miles.

Also, you're aware Musk didn't invent a new battery, right? He used preexisting lithium ion batteries. Only difference is that instead of 8 or 16 cells, it's got a few thousand. Range will slowly decrease and it'll eventually die over the years.

Also, Tesla Roadster battery replacement cost $30,000. That's the price of a new motor and tranny x3. Hell you can get an entry level 3 series for that.

This is what I do. Batteries have been fine.

Nah. It applies to the 85kWh battery as well.

tesla.com/blog/infinite-mile-warranty

Musk would never be that retarded to replace batteries for free lifetime warranty. That would bankrupt his business within a few years. Those battery packs aren't cheap even if you buy em in bulk.

Can't wait to read up on Tesla owner tears within a few years when their batteries start dying and they be acting all surprised "my god but they told me lithium ion would last forever!!"

>the Duracell I replaced it with doesn't as long a service interval and cost me $110

The Duracell battery book at the stores is way too liberal at how it substitutes Duracell brands for existing batteries. I know they want to sell batteries, but they go too far. For one of my AGM non-leaking batteries, the Duracell recommended replacement is a liquid type battery but it can emit acidic gases. That's a no-no. Bad replacement choice.

>free
>government subsidies pick up the tab

millenials these days

>That would bankrupt his business within a few years

see

>Car has since arcane electrical problems nobody can figure out
>Battery always goes when the snow hits in December
>Every year
>1 year warranty, though.
>Five years
>Five batteries
>$100