An entire generation of children are going to learn about World War I exclusively through this piece of shit

An entire generation of children are going to learn about World War I exclusively through this piece of shit.

I hope whoever was involved with making this gets thrown off a cliff. There is a line between taking historical liberties and social irresponsibility and this is way over that line.

Other urls found in this thread:

gallup.com/poll/4435/public-overestimates-us-black-hispanic-populations.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=8CMVLLe91Bs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you say that as if learning about World War 1is important or worthwhile.

If you want a safe space then go back to fucking Reddit. Cool non-Veeky Forums filename, by the way.

Most people think WW1 was only fought inside trenches in between France and Germany

They mostly think it was just laying around in disease ridden mud year round and getting shot down when you even poked your head out

I doubt most people even know what the Ottoman Empire is

That's because it fucking was? You bluepilled fucking idiot. I bet you think fucking blacks fought in the world war.

Blowing your load in 2 posts.
You can do better, apply yourself.

>Most people think WW1 was only fought inside trenches in between France and Germany
They didn't even get that right. France, from what I've heard, is going to be reserved for DLC. Despite, you know, suffering probably more than any member of the entente and being where most of the major fighting was.

>hurr someone who cares about historical accuracy and thinks whites actually thought in the world wars just HAS to be trolling or racist
>I mean come on, it's 2016!

>what are the harlem hellfighters

There were colonial troops from Africa in action fighting for mostly the French in Europe. These people think that means it's okay for a game about a European war to be filled with them though.

Also, there were zero African German soldiers in Europe, so no, the OP image is not accurate.

We get the picture, you're just going to toss out names of isolated cases of Africans fighting in the European theater and pretend we're retarded for thinking a depiction of World War I full of niggers is absurd.

There's already a thread up.
Use the fucking catalog for once you mongoloid.

Shut up cuck.

This is the fucking history board. We're supposed to be talking about video games.

>exclusively

Do they not teach history in school anymore?

Reminder that the Swedish (surprise surprise) devs claim the game is historically accurate.

In most of the US, no, not really. Almost all of my historical knowledge comes from reading and learning on my own time, sparked by an interest in historical video games when I was little.

They did not even touch World War I at my school. It's really fucked up.

Damn, I thought the poor quality of US education was all just jokes.

He probably went to some inner city or rural bumfuck school.

I think this describes a huge portion of Americans on Veeky Forums.

Age of Empires II was not generally historically accurate, but the campaigns taught me about things like the Hundred Years War, the Battle of Lepanto, and Saladin. By the age of 8 I knew what the Byzantine Empire and the Teutonic Knights were. The game took liberties but was never purposefully misleading, and especially not to push some political agenda.

Kids today that are like young me have nothing but this garbage.

Actually, I grew up in a very wealthy DC suburb in Northern Virginia which is home to some of the most prestigious schools in the US.

Stop trying to defend your country's e-penis, this isn't /int/ and nobody gives a shit. Historical education in America is a shitfest.

Kids today have things like Crusader Kings 2 and Civilisation which while they're both not super accurate, they're still great learning opportunities

Of course normie kids won't play them, but normie kids didn't play Age of Empires or Total War

>your country
so you're just some foreigner trying to shitpost about america.

Fuck off, retard

No, you're the retard.

>our education system isn't shit
>that guy just went to school in 90% of the country that isn't my cushy suburb
Great case you're making there

I went to shitty DoDEA schools and learned this shit in class without taking any honors or AP. Shit, I think I learned this in late elementary/early middle school. Since I went to DoDEA schools, I had classes with kids from all over the states, and most of them already knew WWI and WWII shit when we were covering it. Stop assuming your shitty schools are the norm.

I am genuinely dumbstruck that they made a black man the cover of Battlefield 1. A case of historical revisionism where they can actually target the minds of young people as opposed to a shitty textbook

Stop assuming your school is the norm. Step outside every once and a while and you'll see the average person is grossly uninformed about World War I. Most Americans know our Revolution, Columbus, the Civil War, World War II, state history, and (maybe) the French Revolution, and that's it. And I'm being VERY generous.

It's not like I have to prove our schools are shitty or anything, that's just well-known fact.

Jesus fucking christ

OP image is an american harlem hellfighter using german guns for whatever reason

>Jesus fucking christ
Character models are locked at the moment, each class has a specific single model which is why there seems to be so many minorities. Final version will have a customiser so you can pick whatever race you like for your character

US public schools are really like that? Not even touching on WW1? Shit we were learning that in eight grade

Anyway, not very informed about bf 1, is is going to feature the Balkan front? Because if it doesn't, and sticks a bunch of niggers fighting for the German Empire, we are entering new fucking territory of PC hypocrisy, real fucking new territory

>americans

How does it feel to be a bad joke ?

Eastern front is coming as dlc which will add russia. No idea whether any of the battles will be in the balkans

Cool story, shill
Still gives more importance to Bedouins and Harlem Fighters than France and Russia

Yup, fucking terrible

These threads are all b8, right?

How does it feel to live in a shittier country?

It's the most important conflict of the last 300 years.

All this thread tells me is that you absolute retards think the other BF games are realistic.

NoVa was a mistake. Literally a bunch of carpetbagging liberal retards living off of federal money.

>tfw I'm probably feeding your leech ass with my federal taxes

That's not about full realism, but when the only WW1 product in a medium directed toward the youth make the black ratio of all armies high and put the emphasize on Bedouins and Harlem Fighter while leaving France and Russia out, there's a fucking stinking agenda

The thing is, the other BF games are much more authentic (not 'realistic') than BF1. They have never been 'realistic' but BF1 goes much further away from the level of authenticity expected from a game in its series. Imagine if they made another WW2 CoD and 95% of all weaponry used would be bazookas, flamethrowers and MG-42s. There would be no K-98, no Lee Enfield, no M1 Garand except a sniper variant with a scope. The only planes would be Me-262s and B-29s. The only two tanks would be the Pershing and a King Tiger, usable by both sides equally.

All I gotta say that the conversations I've had with liberals about this game have been pretty eye opening.

>You're just racist.
>Are you saying no black people fought in WW2?
>So what if it's inaccurate? There are other inaccurate games and movies too, stop bitching!
>Come on, it's just a game. Why do you care?
>It's geared towards American market. Who cares if it doesn't have Russia and Austria Hungary?
>The Middle Eastern part is actually very cool and badass, way more interesting that Europe. Haven't we had enough fiction set in Europe?

Funny thing is one of the people I've had such a convo with was almost foaming at the mouth over the inaccuracies of 300, a film based on a comic book.

Oh look it's this autistic white people spergout shit again.

Oh and the basic game would not feature someone like the Germans at all. Only Italians, Japanese, Hungarians and other powers for the Axis.

Are you not white yourself?

All of those are legit and correct arguments, except the last one.

Only thing I needed was the first trailer, really.

>dubstep song
>epic assplosions, dramatic cuts and slo mo
>black people and muslims everywhere
>X-Wing tier dogfights

Fucking racist. Who gives a shit about historical accuracy it's 2016 and we need to start adding disadvantaged people to games because the video game industry is full of fucking white dudes, it's completely white washed.

Society is more important than your little video games racist man baby and adding disadvantaged people will help society move forward. Go cry about it racist nazi.

I honestly don't mind this being an action game, after all it is a BF game. My biggest gripe is the guns. Also the uniforms seem off (parade buttons etc.?). And yeah I guess the wewuzery is a bit annoying in terms of immersion.

Adding minorities to a video game influences nothing in the real world. Also wanting historical authenticity does not make you a "racist nazi"

Actually there's no argument at all listed.

>conservative agenda of 300, Xerxes played by a black guy, pulp meme shit everywhere
>THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

>blatant inaccuracies of BF1
>"Why do you even care? It's not a big deal."

There was a similar thread about the new History Channel's Hannibal that's portrayed as black and liberals sending people to /pol/ when they complained about it.

Honestly, it's actually more offensive to have all these people of colour on equal grounds with the whites in the game in a historic setting, because no doubt some percentage of people are going to think that PoCs had equal rights back then

There is literally nothing about the game that isn't shit. Even from a pure gameplay POV (all inaccuracies and political agenda aside) it looks dull as fuck.

There are more important things than fucking video games, like the advancement of disadvantaged people in the gaming industry because white privilege is holding them back. Fuck off to /pol/ racist white male.

Why do you even bother with low quality pseudo-""""""bait"""""" posts like this.

t. tumblr

I think he may be right though. Inaccuracies and agenda aside, I've heard from people that have deigned experiment with it that its tanks are overpowered, and that the maps give in to too much "camping".

>An entire generation of US American children
Who cares? They only know the first world war existed, because they second world war is called "second" world war.
Combine this with the attention span of a fly and this wont matter.

This , I've had a discussion on youtube with some random dudes and they wouldn't believe me that there were no blacks in germany at that time . Around 5 people said to me "Germany wasn't racist in ww1 , only the nazis were racist you dumb cunt "

I nearly commited sudoku right there and then

literally kill yourself if you think this

It's actually fucking staggering how negrified the American media / mainstream culture is. I'm saying this as an European immigrant to the US, blacks are literally everywhere in the media despite being like 12% of the population.

I've even had a guy telling me that Cincinnati is "pretty much a white city", since apparently being 40% black is not black enough.

Wasn't this why DICE orchestrated there being so many black soldiers in the German army though? In some vain effort to quieten everyone scared that they would depict WW1 Germany as Nazi Germany, so to counter that, they tried to portray Germany as freedom-loving, black-loving country, just to push the difference between the two.

Never mind that Hitler joined the german army because it only allowed german soldiers, unlike the austro-hungarian army.

>blacks are literally everywhere in the media despite being like 12% of the population.
Yep, proportionally, their claim to being under-represented is largely a meme. Hell, for being only 12% of the population, they've earned such a ridiculous amount of oscars that it hurts.

Indeed , as a european i do not see the USA as a culturally white country anymore , they're lost and not even due to 60% but purely due to popular hollywood culture

It might be , it surely is an attempt to rewrite history on the altar of contempary identity politics

what's the agenda? That swedes are anti-white?

Yep. Fun thing is this media overrepresentiation has been reflected in public perception:

gallup.com/poll/4435/public-overestimates-us-black-hispanic-populations.aspx

>According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 12.3% of the U.S. population is black
>On average, Americans say that 33% of the U.S. population is black. In fact, a majority of Americans (56%) estimate that the percentage of blacks in this country stands at 30% or higher. As many as 17% of Americans say the percentage of blacks is 50% or greater

How do americans don't even know the demographics of their country

is it because >american education ?

We all know common core is brainwashing but Jezus Christ thats insane

Don't think education system is at fault, this is 100% on the media hammering this propaganda into their viewers' heads.

>its the artists' fault society in general does a shit job at educating its children, we should burn all these books we don't like

Kek. If you have the demographics of your nation memorized, I have something to tell you.

>video games rewrite history
>Veeky Forums - History & Humanities
I think I am done here, that was the final nail in the coffin.

Jesus.

Not that guy, but there really is something wrong going on if Americans think their nation is literally half black.

see you tomorrow :^)

wel i know were around 6% muslim and thats not that hard to remember

>no, mass media never change the perception of past events I swer!!!!

Leave and never come back, retarded leftard
I don't even think you're dimb enough to believe that, that's ptobably just bad faith on your part

>one shitty video game = mass media
Okay

*map

The map in the beta is very open and sniper-friendly. Shows how powerful rifles were at the time,. honestly.

>video games

I wouldn't care if they just straight up admitted it is pure fiction, but in one the developer videos they were talking about the game from a historical perspective and it made me cringe

>Kids today that are like young me have nothing but this garbage.

You know everything is being based off the multiplayer, right? Nobody knows anything about the campaign right now.

Well Battlefield 1 could have the same effect, it could get kids interested in WW1. They only have to open one wikipedia article to realize it was mainly trench warfare and there were only black people in the colonial forces, it's not a big deal.

Are those drum mags...?

Yes? The MP-18 had them.

No shit, a huge amount of American culture has black origins attached to it, especially the music. Blacks are the second largest racial group in America, this isn't surprising (Hispanics aren't a race by the way).

Nigg....black gentleman detected

Hispanics might not be but mestizos certainly are a racial group.

youtube.com/watch?v=8CMVLLe91Bs

I don't understand, if they want to make a historical game with soldiers from nations in them why are they not picking a more relevant setting, like the Burma Campaign in WWII.

That black regiment was a very small and irrelevant force in contrast with the thousands of Brits and French that fought in the Western Front.

As I said if they wanted the game to be multicultural they could have picked the Burma Campaign were you could be playing as soldier of the Indian army fighting together with Brits and other colonial troops.

But no I guess we need to have black soldiers in a WWI game for the sake of having black soldiers and so we can pander to political agendas.

I don't know if you know this but in the social justice community "retaking" history from the white male establishment is currently considered a cause celebre. This involves emphasizing women and minorities in places where one wouldn't expect them to be, but as all things they take it too far which is where the resurgence of wewuzery comes from

They always are

>literally the second most famous FPS after CoD
>nah it's nothing put your heads back in the sand

game is bs
>one man operating mg
>submachineguns everywhere
>semi auto rifles
>prototype guns are common
>speedster ft17 tank
>bipods on rifles
>tryhard political correctness

i want my bolt action rifle shootout man!

Who cares about what kids think.

kids are the future