/domg/ - Dominions General

Shitty unrelated anime image edition

Previous thread Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Jump into MP feet first
>don't bully elf

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=TournamentArc
llamaserver.net/pretAdmin.cgi?game=StandardEA
youtube.com/watch?v=7JdhzWDMQEc&index=137&list=PLoCOb_OF73Ewzlh0PYLm_tCbYC3kk6tw4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I fucking hate you, weebs.

Nande? =3

nth for weeb genocide

Is that a JoJo reference?

Waaaaaai~~~? =3

Still not enough dice.

I love being a weeb.

Another attempt to get more people to come to the general when they accidentally click this weeb image instead of the dozen other ones on Veeky Forums, only for them to scurry away when they realize that you require a very specific brand of autism to play dominions?

We cast a large net.

Clown nation has the best memes

Host some MA games faggots...

Fuck off, skeleton.

The thing is that it's a shitty weeb image rather than one that's either compelling or remotely related to Dominions.

I'd be okay with something that was, like, a Tlahuelpuchi summoning a Kitsune and then using a dog-girl + cat-girl image for that, but you have to at least tie it into the game somehow.

t. Ermor

Please, at least try picking a semi-related image. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of mythology/fantasy anime titles.

You will get your burden of time soon enough...

What if I hosted a game with a very special mod that reduces the Dominion in Ermor's capital by 10 at the start of the turn.

You better use a mod that gives all indie provinces to Ermor on turn 2.

How about just banning Ermor and deleting the pretender as soon as some fag sends one?

>banning Ermor

laughing elves.bmp

Elves can't get you if you're an elf yourself.

My way's better because it lets a would-be skeleton player that wasn't paying attention get their hopes up, only to have them dashed when they receive the turn

That would waste 48 hours of our time because we'll have to wait for Ermor's first turn.

What if it was innovative scales Ermor?

Good idea. I can set the event to trigger if Order, Prod, or Growth are less than 3.

>Find a faction that I actually like in a game that I'm learning to see that it is universally scorned and hated.

I think most people like ermor as long as they dont have to fight them.

I sorta like Ermor, I just dislike how it makes the game revolve around it until it's dead or someone else has snowballed into the win.

Basically just one or two of Ermor's neighbors need to not suck complete ass at the game and it won't be a problem.

This is why Ermor can sometimes be a problem in domg games.

Or just play summod. That's close enough to banning Ermor desu.

Summod Ermor is fine, it just tends to receive attention as though it were still OP and gets destroyed by all of its neighbors when its power level isn't high enough for it to actually win that kind of war.

>not sucking ass
>removing Ermor instead of eating a delicious full scales neighbour
Pick one.

I meant in terms of understanding game mechanics well enough that 2000 skeletons aren't actually a concern, tactically.

200 tribless lictors backed by Wailing Winds and Banefire are a concern, tho

>2000 skeletons
You're talking about Sceleria. We're talking about Ermor.

Nerfed Ermorian Thread

>a mere two thousand
That's what my thaumaturgs make when they're sieging a fort

Merry Christmas you faggets

Turn 8 image, sorry for lateness was pretty busy today

>Celebrating christmas
>Instead of sacrificing an effigy of Huitzilopochtli
Get on my level

Happy winter solstice celebration of your choice, /domg/

Merry Christmas queer.

You mean one or two of ermor's neighbors need to not suck ass, and commit to losing by wasting their resources fighting over cancer lands.

Page 10 sends its regards

Alright, get in here you shitters.
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=TournamentArc

Also a standard EA
llamaserver.net/pretAdmin.cgi?game=StandardEA

>>another standardeagame

not following for that shit again, badmin.

ABSOLUTE DO NOT JOIN THIS GAME
ADMIN NEVER DOES ANYTHING AND PEOPLE WILL AI FOR NO REASON MORE THEN USUAL

BAD IDEA

t. former Standard player

Mari, are you having trouble removing snek? Noticed one of his forts is unseiged now.
Also props to Gath for his comeback

Hey Frostyguard - would you be cool with taking 182 and my taking 185?

Admin, I hope we won't have a turn on christmas

T. Normie

?

Weapons of Mass Destruction is pretty imbalanced. It's fun, but combining that with Better Arena is going to make the whole game an RNG-fest of who gets the most broken artifacts.

that's the meme point non-memer

hey man i dont look at thread too much but i am having a lot of issues removing snake.
im too stupid to beat them and too stupid to beat skelly spam and some sacreds

Are you using fire elementals and flaming crossbows?

Are you trying to Lukas another game?

Pangaea, from the other side of the map, decided to attack me just when I'd taken out Agartha's main force, leading to third parties picking off Agartha's territory while we stood in a standoff.

As extending into one another's territory would have been costly, my plan A was to wait for him to come to his senses and fuck off. Plan B was to wreck his stack and hope his neighbors would activate and take care of the rest.

Then I said "fuck it" and went balls deep. Now we finally had a decisive battle, on top of his cap.

GOETIC GIFTS!

considering I'm not the admin I don't think I can, I just don't want to do turns on Christmas

What game is that?

i used both and they didnt work
i thought they woudl but i just lost and now im sad and trying to recover frmo being sad. now i'm gonna start throwing fireballs and angels

Not a /domg/ game. This particular match has been modded to replace vanilla indies with nationgen units, but is otherwise mostly vanilla.

Asking for a delay in Antiquis Terra for Christmas.

Is this what they call "diplomacy"?

Wait, what?

Is this... Sithis sending you this message?

Looks like somebody's about to get his god killed.

I'm mostly just confused as to who would say such a thing about me.

Then why did you have a specific candidate in mind right away?

In case you don't see this, I sent in my turn taking 182 and may not have time to change it before the turn goes. Have a Merry Christmas

Well I did talk to him. Recommended that he look abroad for places to expand, people to fight. This is a fighting game after all and he just seemed kinda smushed in there not doing much. But I certainly didn't coerce him into it.

That's some prime next-level diplomacy right there

I have just now noticed that Gorka has stalled 6 times in a row and will be setting them AI unless someone wants to sub in as them by the time I wake up. I cant imagine anyone will but I'm about to go to sleep anyway and maybe someone wants to see if they can squeeze some last second memes out of them.

I'm retarded. I took 185 like I originally suggested in my post. I woke up remembering this fuckup. Sorry for any confusion.

Can I buy some fucking thug gear off someone? Jesus christ I'll sell you my bp.

This please. I'm a weeb and yuyushiki is entry level garbage that speaks volume about how trash your taste is.

Get rekt, mr. Bones.

youtube.com/watch?v=7JdhzWDMQEc&index=137&list=PLoCOb_OF73Ewzlh0PYLm_tCbYC3kk6tw4

Tell me who you are on Steam, then I'll join. I've been rused by bad admins too many times to trust some anonymous fag again.

Amuys

Do arenas count as friendly dominion for purposes of immorality?

No

Okay, I'm sending my dude.

How's the stab wound?

>stab wound
>not ass wound
He was in the navy after all.

Currently in the NUCLEAR navy. Big difference

God bless.

>being this mad at eastern cartoons and comics

That's a really cool gif

Ermor actually fucking did it the madman
He probably put like a million gems into the cast

Watching spearmen stab vampires to death is one of the true joys of warhammer

>entry level garbage
How many underage weebs do you know who just picked up yuyushiki? What are you talking about?

You'll get yours weakling.
WE HAVE SURPASSED NAGASH

We're in the middle of sale season, can we at least try to represent our general with game-related images? I for one want new players. Half the generals got animu or waifu bullshit, so let's try to stand out a little.

Sure, perfectly innocent advice, I'm sure.

Sério? Achei que eu era o único!

Of course not. I just didn't threaten to kill anyone's god is all.

How are you guys playing as Ys?
Still W9 and prod3?