Ricer hitch

what is the purpose of this hitch, and why is it on all the ricer cars i see?

Why is there a fad for this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PRwZqJU_9_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=FghHghOaypM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Some race cars need a tow hook by rule

Ricers copy it. It's their "toy" that needs to be hauled around and pampered.

Because they towing all the bitches while you can't

Ricers obviously need them too. Rice kiddies don't know how to drive and run their shitty civics and integras off the road all the time.

The only bitches they would be towning are dogs, because they cant afford real cars.

Touche, good point

Hondas are fun. Lovely drivetrain although it's in the front. Look at k swapped mr2s and tell me that doesn't look fun.

Proof: youtube.com/watch?v=PRwZqJU_9_Q

like a go cart

WHAT HTE FUCK

Honda baby.

That shit rips right off

It's what Instagram Mexicans buy when they want to make everyone else know that they're huge fans of fast n furious and vaping

Fresh af

Because the majority of car culture is just broke kids trying to make their shitbox look like a race car.

>ricerfag neighbor mine has blown rear brake line he wants me to fix
>start jacking on this tow hook bullshit thinking it has to be a structural peice
>bends hook up into bullshit aftermarket bumper and splits bumper open
>didnt realize til too late
>bend tow hook back down so it looks right
>cant tell bumper split unless you really get up close
eh he will never know

lol

>you didn't know something was obviously cosmetic
>you broke someone's car because you were just as retarded as them and didn't have the good sense to even tell them.

This story says more about you than it does the idiot ricer.

He had it coming

2nd this put a sticker on your riced shit box that says not real tow hook

Because ricers are poor they are another cheap thing to add to their shitbox with their slave wages to givem dem style points

I use my tow hook on the front left to carry my kayak, its actually very helpful

they need them for when they put their shitbox in a ditch and need to pull it out

>Look at k swapped mr2s

Heresy.

They NEED a 2ZZ. It sound 10 times better and has a more agressive variable lift kick.

want

I like your style. Shekels to you my friend.

I fucked up like that once with those hub caps with plastic lug nuts on top of the actual lugnuts.

Yeah m80 you can jack up pick-up trucks by their tow hooks. He had it coming

German humor

>install something that is strictly cosmetic BUT is designed to imitate a load bearing part
>act like it's the other guys fault for not knowing it's a fake part

Play dumb games, win dumb prizes.

ONE TWO THREE

Mostly poser equipment.

>NO! TOYOTQ TOYOTA TOYOTA!!!!!! WAAAHHH!!!!
lol histrionic fucktards.
This is why you need a K-swap and not some shit ass ZZtop
youtube.com/watch?v=FghHghOaypM

But have you actually seen how much some of those tow hooks sell for?

It doesn't look fun.

I see them in riced Hyundais all the time. Complete with """KDM""" stickers. Gotta love the 3rd world

>NRG steering wheel
Fuck that, who knows what else this guy skimped on. 0/10 would not drive.

the funny thing about it is that a lot of the ones you see on riced out cars aren't functional and ill snap if used for towing like they're supposed to.

Dependant on the direction of the load. Numb nuts should have known better than to jack from the tow hook

>Why is there a fad for this?

A heavy duty towing bar mount is not needed for the places the ricer cars go to such as beach driving or off the road parking in a national park. In those places, it is possible for a ricer to get stuck and need a small amount of tow help. That's where the small tow hitches come in. It's just enough for those situations without looking ugly like a huge formal tow hitch.

that car is literally a recipe for death

It's there to rip their bumper clean off when the tow guy mistakenly believes it's attached to the subframe/monocoque

I thought they were just tie down points fitted for the sole purpose of securing a vehicle to the floor of a shipping container...? Like as happens to all japanese cars that get shipped overseas

People often mistake these for a rated recovery point that is mounted to the chassis rail for the purpose of recovery situations.

Ja

Except a properly attached tow hook can be used a jacking point. ie: pick up trucks

The hook like the pic in the OP is meant to look like a hook used to pull a race car out of a ditch or sandtrap. It's pretty funny when you think about it. These fags are trying to make their car look like a racekar by attaching a safety device for when the car crashes. Worst of all they're often just screwed into the bumper cover or some non-structural member so the hook is completely useless.

It's like putting one of those little fire extinguishers on your rollbar or something. You're trying to look cool but are basically advertising that you expect your car to catch fire.

Those are different, usually screwed into a socket in the front/rear crash bars, which IS structurally significant, but the eyelet supplied for shipping is not rated to pull anything and the crash bars are usually aluminum so repeated use as tow hooks will basically strip the sockets of threads and fling the rope with the tow hook still on it.

>eaten alive by some supercharged mustang

lel

$20.00 ebay
half a days pay for poorfag

THIS IS MY RICER HITCH, I NEED IT CUZ I PULL SO MANY FAT BITCHES.

It can't.

Pro drift cars often have the tow hooks left in because they break down/crash so often and need to be hauled away fast. These ricer faggots want to look like a track drift car.

It's 1/2" steel, it can and is often used as a jacking point.

dubs confirm
you need a ricer hitch to pull phat bitches

My FC has a tow hook attached to a proper point on the frame. I jack it up there all the time, and I've also used the tow hook twice when offroading.

You know tow hooks support some of the weight of a trailer, right?

what about hooks like pic related? they are connected to the structure of the car.

The best place for a tow hook is the suspension tower, poking through the bonnet. Your fuel and battery cutouts are normally up by the scuttle panel too so it's all visible and you don't have to go hunting around smashed up bodywork covered in gravel.

Just don't let the ricers find out this one.

If it's load bearing it's okay in my book friendo

WHY DID YOU JACK IT UP ANYWHERE ELSE BUT THE FRAME. THATS JUST SO FUCKING STUPID. Don't fucking call yourself a mechanic.

You're an idiot of you think people you're trailers with the tow hook.

Jesus, I want winter break to end so all the underage band goes back to school.

>
Confirmed for never having worked on a car

It's likely that the ricemobile was lowered, meaning it's hard as fuck to get a jack to the frame rails. Here are some alternative jack points:
>tow hook/strap mount
>crossmember
>differential
>A arm

Sure. Say nothing about the actual post. Thing is your still retarded for thinking a flimsy red hook was enough to support a car.
Btw only 15yo's break out the underage retort.

While it's true he should have checked if it was securely fastened, it's also true that he clearly has some experience if his first instinct was to jack up on that point. You, on the other hand, clearly haven't been under a car in your life.

I didn't say if it was fastened. You know what's a stupid thing to say? "I thought it was strong enough".
Have you even worked at a shop? Let alone BEEN in one? This would been such a fucking stupid to do. ITS A PIECE OF RED SHEET METAL. Why would experience tell you it's a jack up point?!

You just keep confirming your own stupidity

Neither I nor the other dude were talking about jacking it up on the end of the red part. Are you serious? There's a part where it's fastened to the frame of the car...that's where you would jack up on. See where the bolt is on this pic? You can jack up there no problem.

A shop wouldn't have this issue because they use a proper lift, you mong

OK. Answer my this. Why use some custom structure point that you don't know then a tried and true solid frame work. Most cars even have a frame piece around the area of your pic that you can use a jack on! This just screams lazy and backyard mechanic!

I agree, the guy who used that point to jack was being dumb for not looking to see if it's a secure place to jack. But what you said isn't true, because it's not a custom structure point. It's there as a tow hook for when your car needs to be towed by a truck. You can attach a ricer hook to it for easier access (so your subaru friends can pull you out of touge gutters) or just for the look.
>Most cars even have a frame piece around the area of your pic
Not really. There's a gas tank and the rails only extend the length of the wheelbase. There are generally bumper mounts and a little tow hook. A part of the frame you might be able to jack up on would be too far up/covered by the bumper to get a jack on. The next closest thing would be the diff or rear crossmember on a FWD car--both of which are considerably farther in than the factory rear tow hook. If the car is lowered, they probably aren't reachable without a low-pro jack. It would make sense to jack up on the tow hook. To be honest, I didn't even know people were attaching these to bumper mounts... That's ricey

Is it really just there to look cool?
Mine came with the toolkit of my car, but I wouldn't attach it unless I was actually getting towed.
Plus, mine is in the front, which would look really dumb if I drove around with it on permanently.

Tow hitches aren't evens structural parts of cars, why would you think a tow hook would be?

how the fuck do you know? Do you look under the the car and examine the chassis on all riced hondas you see?

MY BABY DON'T MESS AROUND

Having an easily located tow point is a plus point on track cars.
That is what ricers are imitating.

That would snap off unless you always pulled it straight on.

Its has a function on other vehicles.

Pic related OEM hooks

That looks suspiciously like the underside of a 2005-2015 hilux, 4wd too.