Mazda Miata RF vs Toyota GT86/Subaru BRZ

The Miata RF, the hardtop convertible, is basically going to destroy sales of the FRS/GT86/BRZ right?

Maybe in Europe or parts of Asia. Outside of Veeky Forums, Miata's are looked down upon in North America. Whenever anyone sees someone in a Miata the word "gay" comes to mind. I see 86s everywhere.

In NA miatas are seen as feminine and modern ones certainly dont have the fan base the old ones do. BRZ and GT86 constantly have a large and active modding community and are cheap and fun. I doubt that would destroy the niche.

Not unless they fix the engine that couldn't pull the lighter club spec car round a track faster than the 86.

only if ur a pussy european

those are chick cars in USA

>Looks nearly identical to an FRS
>More expensive
>Less room
>Slower
No.

It is more expensive but you're getting a folding hardtop convertible and the weight is still less than the BRZ/86.

Miatas have been modded for 25+ years and the cost is comparable to GT86/BRZs.

>Only 75% the power
>Just 2s slower on a 3 min+ lap time

The MX-5 is faster. The RF is probably a little slower, but just tune it a bit. Getting 30 more HP in the MX-5 is far more noticeable than 30 more HP in the pig FR-S.

>Convertible

nope

In canada you can get a mustang gt for the smae price.

I have literally never seen an 86 in person, miatas are everywhere though, I saw 4 within an hour today.

Isnt the RF limited to 1000 units

You live in San Francisco

MX-5 Faster?
Is 3:20.8 faster than 3:18.6 where you live? Maybe 129mph is faster than 144mph?
Facts man they really piss on your BBQ.

South Florida.

>benchracing this hard

>>Only 92% the cost
> 2s faster on a 3 min+ lap time
>15mph faster top speed

Doubt it, they sold a ton of the hardtop convertibles in the last generation.

Yes the GT86 is faster. But you're talking about a 2.2 second difference across a track that takes more than 3 minutes to get around. That's pretty much a wash. I don't really see the appeal of the GT86 anymore unless you really need the rear seat space. MX5s are a ton of fun, weigh hundreds of pounds less, cost is the same, can be modified easily, and you can put the roof down on nice days.

Aww buyers regret much. You must be eating salty jelly every day.

say that to my face fucker and not online and see what happens

>cost is the same
Not even close if you want an LSD.

Found the actual retard that actually believes the fake image created by a nobody car reviewer.

The MX-5 is faster around 99% of tracks for every other reviewer.

At least in the Midwest, Miatas and GT86s and BRZs sell for within hundreds of dollars of each other for similar trim levels. 2 seconds on a track that long is nothing. 15mph+ top speed doesn't matter either. Miatas have been used in many race environments for decades so the tuning community is very, very strong. I'm glad that there's a choice between different types of sporty cars in this price range. Though I don't think the argument in favor of the BRZ or GT86 is as strong as I thought it would be.

Glad to manlet, you will be eating your own balls if you try anything. Not that eating balls is unusual for Mitafags. You may think you are tough behind a keyboard but you are a worthless basement dwelling homocuck who would evacuate his balls at the first sign of a real confrontation.

I like how this image reeks of a complete lack of credibility.
It's just too pictures of cars, and a table. No citations or anything.

But some retards on Veeky Forums blindly believe it and spam it around. It's been outed as bullshit repeatedly, but they keep spamming it and some other retards like them keep believing it.

Not in Canadaland

RF with Sport Package is damn near 50k CDN.
A BRZ with Performace Package is 35k CDN.

>2 seconds on a track that long is nothing
>15mph+ top speed doesn't matter either
Is this your first day with cars?

That's true. Mazda packages the "Club" trim that has the LSD with a more expensive sound system and LED lights and a few other non-performance options that drive the price up. Similar spec, the price is within $1000 though.

Two seconds on a 3:00+ lap is literally nothing. Two seconds on a sub 1:00 autocross track is huge. Top speed in tiny 4-bangers like this doesn't matter IMO. I'm more interested in the gearing for daily and track driving.

>Canadaland

Literally no one cares about your irrelevant country.

fuck you, everyone knos your a fuckin faggot pokemon scammer

Its the same person dude, nobody believes it
Its always the same two filenames then the same replies/posts the rest of the thread

You realize this is just a photoshopped made up picture, right?

5 seconds of googling will show you that the Miata destroys the 86twins on track.

Sad because they're both anemic shitboxes. Doubly sad because I hate both of those shit cars.

both are pretty good.

went with a BRZ myself. slightly cheaper, faster and more skiddy. I'll just learn to live with the extra 150 pounds.

Too expensive or I'd buy one. Can't justify 35k for a miata when I can get a brand new mustang gt for that price...

This

Compare to

the GT86 and BRZ interior might as well be out of a mid '90s Mustang

>tablet and dick handbrake on Mx-5
can't have everything i guess

Has an extra peddle I'll take that one.

A quick google and you find it's Car and Track, are you so retarded you don't understand google?

>The Miata 's faster, the miata 's faster ha ha the 86 sucs
*sees facts*
> Lap times and top speed don't matter.

Stay classy Veeky Forums

Is that the best you can do? is right you are a basement dwelling manlet.

I can't say that any of the extra gizmos on the miata convince me that it's a better interior.
>infotainment buttons on the wheel
>tablet on the dash
>handbrake on the wrong side
>what the fuck is that dial

FRS interior is 90s aesthetic, which isn't appealing to some but honestly I wouldn't miss literally anything that the miata has over it.

If you guys knew anything about what you're talking about or took a minute to study the history of anything, you would realize that the MX-5 has been pushing 140mph stock since the NB generation. This chart is completely fabricated, I guarantee you the top speed is much higher than 129mph or whatever random number the author came up with

What sales?

I live in central FL and see toyoburus daily
Much more frequent than mx-5s

if you make it power/weight and torque/weight, miata wins 4 and fr-s wins 5

doesn't really seem to help the mazda all that much though.

what is even more hilarious is that the club spec mazda comes with potenzas, stiffer damping and its still not quite there.

that said though benchracing these cars are fucking ridiculous and I love both the nd and the 86.