/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Cringelord Down: >> →

>A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Is the nightmare a fun place to live and work?

just saw a watcher do the grass animation from des and get all it's health back. looked it up online and apparently all pthumerian mobs can do this. what the fuck, how did I not know this until nearly two years after launch?

>Numbing Mist is a "closely guarded secret" of Cainhurst
>Crowsteel and chalice Cainhurst knights use it against you
>Fake Iosefka hands it out like candy
>Moon Presence creates it if you don't kill him in 30 seconds

What did they mean by this?

Garret Conrad, shirtless wheel scrub.

Thanks for teaching something 500hrs of game time didn't

>>Moon Presence creates it if you don't kill him in 30 seconds
Wait, so it has an attack that instantly makes your HP 1 and can prevent you from healing?

P U R G E

Two separate attacks. One of them is a flash+roar that reduces your HP to 1 (and allows you to rally it all back) and the other is a rain of blood that, if it hits you, prevents you from healing.

They must not do it much

Good thing I never got hit by the rain of blood then. Tbh I don't even remember it using it.

Is the FC still active?

Yeah I've see. That too. Fat fucks get all their life back

It tends to do it most often before or after the HP drain attack, which it only really does once or twice in the fight. It usually just flails about like the beast it is.

Only the non-boss versions (chest guardians and lever guardians) do it. And since you can usually kill them in 1 riposte/combo, they don't get a chance to do it.

w-whats wrong with lhb

BB feels like one of those late 90s/early 00s games with all these obscure things thrown in that hardly anyone sees

It was pretty ded from the start, too many normies.

I think it used the HP drain attack about 4 times in my fight with it. I say fight singular because I didn't even die to it unlike most bosses in the game. I don't even know if Gehrman would be back if I lost to it or if it'd just be MP behind the fog wall

I didn't know BPS had a buff until recently, despite fighting him a dozens of times.

>that terrifying howl and the glowing red eyes

>having an entire arm punched through you does no damage

What build would be more FUN™, skill or bloodtinge?

50 SKL 25 BLT for Maria cosplay

Depends on whether you like shooting or slashing more. You can do a hybrid SKL/BLT build, but BLT main-hands gain zero benefit from SKL in their tricked forms save for the Reiterpallasch.

He's one of the most dangerous "regular enemies" in the chalices now

I did bloodtinge strength.50 blt and 35str

What's wrong with the woman in the basement of hypogean gaol wearing black church attire?

>35 STR

You have to be wearing a church garb to get her to talk to you, then you can send her to the chapel or Iosefka's, she'll give you special blood vials if you send her to the chapel

So I'm getting money from my family for xmas and i'm gonna buy a PS4 slim and bloodborne. I've remained spoiler free this entire time except for a few things. Can you guys post shit to hype me the fuck up?

The game is honestly better than you already expect it to be.

Awesome, thanks. Is she crazy?
Also I'm playing with very loud volume and THIS MUSIC IS SO FUCKING HAUNTING

not going to be surprised if someone posts massive spoilers after reading this.

Skill is more fun than bloodtinge. Bloodtinge you'll get stuck with only one mode of the chikage forcing you to transform and untransform all the time, one mode of the bloodletter unless when you want to add transform attacks on your combos and one mode of the bowblade, and one hunter tool that is just alright. Full potential evelyn is great though.

Skill weapons usually does less damage per attack though.

Best soulslike combat released so far.

Kek dude you don't even know
I'm fucking hyped FOR you

>Is she crazy?
Uhhh... Just don't take blood from the prostitute if you want to keep the prostitute after you've recruited the nun, that's all I'll say about the matter.

trick weapons

I'M GOING TO DRINK PROSTITUTE BLOOD IN FRONT OF HER

dude I knoooooooooow, I was so bummed when dark souls 3 didnt even have ONE trick weapon even if it was shitty. I don't know if my body can handle the hype i'm feeling.

MALEDICTUS

Holy ow Marie

God damn this lined up perfectly

Anyway, FC is ded so Imma call it a night, Merry Christmas everyone.

At least DaS is over so they don't have to keep putting out that style of gameplay. If they want their next game can be fast too and lack blocking. I don't know if Miyazaki is working on Armored Core now or what

>that file name

Yeah honestly. From what few trailers and stuff I've seen bb is hyper fast compared to any other souls game and I love that. If the quick step shit in 3 is anything to go by I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back after bloodborne. I hope the next game is crazy fast too. Bloodborne 2 when?

Name her /bbg/
Probably going to be a skill build.

My fuckin DUDE you're playing the good shit now, we'd all kill to play this game blind again, you're gonna love it

Soejima, because dat neck.

So much this
Why have I been granted eyes :(

>Red eyes
Pls user, she looks pretty good outside of that, give her some normal but pretty green or blue eyes

This better?

Smee

Muh

What are your top 5 BB quotes?

desu the nose looks too small and the mouth too big.

>AHHHH YOU WERE AT MY SIDE ALL ALONG

>AAAHHHHH KOS OR SOME SAY KOSMM

>Amelia going RRRREEEEOOWWWWW

>HOONTER MUST HOONT

>of course, I do love you

I have a hard time with noses in From games. They're either too small or potato

What's wrong with that? I get some use out of the one handed bloodletter

Anyone wanna roll with me in newgame +
Think it's about time to do this all over again.

In order of least favourite to favourite
>Just think! Now you're set to hunt and kill to your hearts content!
>A hoontah should hoont beasts, leave the hoonting of hoontahs to me, hehehe
>AWAY AWAY!
>Ahh Kos... Or some say Kosm (the whole speech)
And my favourite
>Even in this darkest of nights, I see... The moonlight

>occasionally slap the maiden in black
>didn't give a shit about lautrec killing Anastacia
>constantly test weapons on the emerald herald
>repeatedly kill ds3 Firekeeper
>scream sorry at the TV when accidentally hitting the Doll
What is this?

I do, I will join in about a half hour

Feels

Wish I could user
Just got off to prepare desserts for tomorrow
I hope you find a fellow hunter, Merry Kosmas

>tfw you use the doll as a punching bag to test damage on weapons with odd gem setups

Ok
Nose lightly bigger
Lips slightly smaller
Is she waifu-tier yet?

>Ahh, you were at my side all along.
>What good are hunters now!?
>You are a skilled hunter. Adept, merciless, and half-cut with blood. As the best hunters are.
>I should think you still have dreams? Well, next time you dream, give some thought... to the hunt.
>Ahh, sweet child of Kos, returned to the ocean. A bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, accepting of all that there is... and can be.

>Fear the old blood. By the gods...fear it, Laurence.

>No one can catch us, no one can stop us now!

>What's that smell? The sweet blood, oh, it sings to me...it's enough to make a man sick!

>But beware the frailty of men. Their wills are weak, minds young. The foul beasts will dangle nectar and lure the meek into the depths. Remain wary of the frailty of men, their wills weak, minds young. Were it not for fear, death would go unlamented.

>YEEEOOOOOOOOOOOW

Looking less and less human with each passing post, user.

You gotta look at it in game too. The problem is you can't stray too far from the middle of sliders for the nose. This is what I considered okay for what I spent my time on.

>>No one can catch us, no one can stop us now!
I can't read this without smiling because how big of a meme it's become
That's great m8

Fug
Screw it I'll just do a male character. I don't even know why I try to make female characters

>No one can catch us, no one can stop us now!

I love it because Micolash knows the dirt he's doing, but he's chugging the Kool-Aid and he loves it. He's a complete maniac.

Don't beat yourself up, user, From's character creators are unanimiously garbage.

>ALREADY DEAD
Can somebody fucking explain this to me I am tripping the fuck out
is kool-aid blood?

>Good hunter, have you seen the thread of light? Just a hair, a fleeting thing and yet I clung to it, steeped as I was in blood and beasts. I never wanted to know what it was. Really, I didn't.

>Shrouded by night but with steady stride, colored by blood but always clear of mind. Proud hunter of the Church. Beasts are a curse and a curse is a shackle, only ye are the true blades of the Church.

>Too proud to show your true face eh? Ah, but what a sporting hunt it was!

>Ah, sweet child of Kos returned to the ocean. A bottomless curse, a bottomless sea. Accepting of all that there is, and can be.

>Oh think not of poor Amygdala. Upon that piteous bastard you bestowed salvation.

>ALREADY DEAD

Just straight up spooky scary ghosts. But then again, you get a Madman's Knowledge from the corpse. Chances are even ghosts are eldritch in nature. That's how cosmic horror works, ghosts and ghouls and creepy crawlies, they're not supernatural, they're quite natural, and that makes it even worse.

And the Kool-Aid is eye-smoothies.

Thanks user I only know very superficial things about this game
This is amazing

You'll be lorefagging with the worst of us soon enough, user.

And Micolash, by the Kool-Aid comment I mean that he's so completely and utterly devoted and into his dirt nastiness, melting down villagers to make whatever One Reborn was supposed to be, living in his nightmare castle of monsters in an alien dimensions, calling down elder gods and shit, and he's a total madman.

Seems the FC is finally dead?

Good matches to end it on, Garret

I'm using that screenshot as my wallpaper.

What the actual fuck were they thinking with Amygdala? There's no way they weren't acutely aware of how shitty the camera was with large enemies. Why would they give this shit weak points you need to hit?

Still seeking hoonters for ng+

Trust me user, the game gets real metaphysical the more you get into it, I don't want to spoil anything but prepare for some serious mindfuckery after you beat a certain boss.

Can I get some help at ludwig? Password is
help

I'm outside fog.

Nigga, Amy is easy as fuck, just back off in the first phase and bait him into a head slam, then in the second phase get under him and bait his jump.

I'll be there in a minute, let me boot up my PS4.

Is that you, Donald?

>Old Yharnam isn't sending their best, they're sending beasts and vermin
>We're going to build a wall and Djura will pay for it

Oops, I got caught under the trample. Ringing again if you need.

The umbilical cords, Dahnald...

To get platinum you must beat the game 3 times for all 3 ending right?

You can just savescum