Need help buying a used car

Im no car expert so i come to you. i need your help by telling me whats wrong with these cars because there are tons of them on the market in my area;
Ford Focus
Chevy Cruze
Dodge Dart
Any information would be much appreciated as i will be trying to buy a car before the new year.

bump

is anybody there?

You can probably do better

what's your location and how much you want to spend?

michigan $10000

it's a meme, but you can get a decent toyota or honda for 10 grand, stay the fuck away from the models you listed

yea after researching the ford fusion and dodge dart were recalled, i assume the cruze is shit also
thanks

Seriously this.

Get a civic or corolla. American car makers are known for sports cars, SUVs, and trucks. Not for economy grade cars.

They're all unreliable shitboxes and poorly built to boot. You see a lot of them because they're shit. Get a Fit, Civic, Corolla, or a Mazda 3. And make sure to get the car inspected by an independent mechanic before you buy. If the seller won't let you do that, tell them to go fuck themselves.

ill try looking for them thanks

also is kia any good?

Not that great but definitely better than everything listened here

ok thanks

>Cruze/Focus/Dart

These are all economy cars. If you buy them used, especially the low miles/newish year, just know that you're buying a rental car. Do you drive your rental car well? People shit all over these. It's not a terrible deal since you're getting some newer tech for a good price but it's worth it to get a higher trim and a little piece of mind that the first owner wasn't Hertz.

If you're intent on going the econobox route, consider last generation. 2010 Chevy Cobalt's are cheap automatics but the manual turbo is expensive but totally worth it if you could find one.

good point thanks, ill keep looking tomorrow i gotta go to bed

If I was going to get a cheap shitbox I'd probably just buy a new Hyundai for that warranty. 100,000/10 year powertrain 5 year 50k bumper/bumper.

Veloster looks nice

Get a civic for 3k. save the rest. Or if you have a job and credit put your 10k down on a couple year old v6 accord

post local craigslist

Do NOT buy a ford focus.
2010 - 2014 all have a manufacturing fault where they have clutch shudders caused by a fault seal that causes fluid leaks.

I'd tell you to avoid 2006 or older civics for the maintenance they'd require ( timing belt). The cruze is a good car with the 1.4t. The dart is shit. The focus is okay but claustrophobia inducing and what has been mentioned about their automatic woes. The Hyundai sonata is the only Hyundai I'd suggest but that interior takes me back to 1990s crevices. I don't know fuck all about kias. I didn't care for the suspension tuning on virtually any corolla I have driven.

I bought my mother and my sister each their own cruze and I personally quite like them for their category. My sister has put just under 150k on her manual transmission 2012. My mother's 2013 auto has less than 20k. Avoid the 1.8 engine (timing belt)

Timing belt is not a problem. It's only like 750 tops to replace including a water pump. Chains are only good if the oil has been changed regularly.

>Sister
>Manual transmission
Be real user

>used cars are only good if the oil has been changed regularly

Ftfy. Why buy into extra maintenance with little pay off. I'd rather have the noise and have one less thing to grenade an engine in an appliance grade car personally.

She's the exception that defines the rule.

Don't bother with the dart, its slow, has poor throttle response and is cheap on the inside