/gowg/ - Gears of War General

December 6th Update: gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/gears-of-war-4-title-update-2-december-6th-2016/366859c8-f9ca-4475-90b3-0976acff9676/posts

Available December 6th for Season Pass holders as part of the early access Developer Playlist*, Glory and Speyer will also be introduced into free public playlists on December 13 and Gridlock and Relic will be removed.
Read more at news.xbox.com/2016/12/01/gears-war-4-december-update/

>Information regarding Gears of War 4
pastebin.com/kEd89b2n (embed) (dev blog links)
gearsofwar.com/en-us/developerblog (blog pages include art and videos)
pastebin.com/r75cDpuS (embed) (all exclusive pre-order, rewards and promotional content info)

>Gamertag List (you can request being put on the list from this page)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iwt78Sa0c3wV3Nen3fm-4LY5aRA6_G5xuIerZ7bR4Og/edit#gid=0

>Gears of War General Xbox Club
Download the Xbox App BETA from the store if on PC. Both Xbox and PC search for gowg on Xbox Clubs.

>Join the /gowg/ discord to chat or play with us
discord.gg/f9HCYCP

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/pezradar/status/812903302149140480
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

GOTTA MOVE
ALPHAS WAITING

i should've probably changed the op edition

nahhhh

when are these harsher quitting penalties being added. is tc just fucking lying again?

people that quit should have their game uninstalled and their disk broken inside their xbox

>TC
>ever being truthful

I'd say a quitting penalty would be nice for public horde but then I think back to all those games where I had to leave early because either someone else left already or I had to go because people weren't moving or just playing horribly.

no fuck that, public horde just needs a vote kick system and an option to join mid-match

what did we do to wind up with TC?

Maybe Microsoft should stop forcing out sequels of their prized IPs after the original studios have long since moved on.

Same thing happened with Halo and 343.

Create new IPs and new brands.

Starting to see bot filling in more and more matches... the first two weeks it was teeming with players and I only saw a bot briefly, now they're sticking around for a round or two.

dude it's christmas eve

>any of the big 3
>not milking what they got

BREAKING:

BIG BUSINESS LIKES MONEY

this has been happening since before Gearsmas even

SHOCK AND DISMAY
BOOTS ON THE GROUND CONFIRMED

I don't mind milking, but it should be done with more of the fans in mind and they need to plan things out for what they know is going to happen if the series is going to continue. Not dumb shit like killing off fan favorites like Dom and Myrrah in lame, anti-climactic ways.

>Myrrah
>fan favorites
Wat

What? I'm a fan and she's my favorite

noggery

Egg nog is delicious

MERRY Christmas /gowg/ I love you magnificent bastards

Merry christmas lewd

So they're bringing back UIR pack in a few hours?

Probably Monday

they said right after christmas so we'll see if the price goes down

ummm i guess you haven't heard...

>Build a barrier / decoy with 50% cost discount and let it be destroyed so you can level up fabricator faster
>A clueless teammate starts repairing

twitter.com/pezradar/status/812903302149140480

Man, people can be pretty mean online.

I got a Bone for Christmas! Was the Gears bundle too so just waiting on the downloading and updates. I was playing on my brother's account until now so i got to start over at level 1 which sucks but i guess i start over knowing the optimal strats for credit earning and stuff.

Merry Christmas /gowg/. Fuck the jews.

Even if the price did get reduced you'd hear people complaining about how they payed so much more for them before the reduction. It's a lose-lose situation.

Still one that shouldnt have happened in the first place. I look at these mobile-tier microtransactions every time starting up the game and just feel sad that this is what a sizable portion of the industry deems acceptable.

Merry Christmas /gowg/ from /hg/

Anyone know why i cant update the game on windows store and it keeps trying to redownload the whole game?

Everyone come back and post their favorite Christmas gift.

I'll do like a $10 gift exchange with any pcfags. Happy holidays.

I guess this guy's having a merry christmas..

Whats even in the UIR packs?

Kek

Got a GTX 1070

Broken dreams

See I literally had nothing.

I lost my grandmother last night
I got nice gifts but i would rather have her back

My condolences user.

4 actually cool characters, a shitload of decent weapon skins, RNG up the ass with 4400 cr asking price.
>tfw been grinding for more because I still need both elites

Not funny, Lewd has been dead for six months now.

Yeahrip

Hit a 1-50 Insane run with randoms today, of course I only had my 1-20 bounty on.

Whats required for an insane run

a 1-20 bounty in public horde

Technically nothing I guess, but there's definitely some recommendations depending on who you play with and what class you're using. A premade group could carry you through a run, but if you're playing a public game you're going to have to carry your weight.

Oh no im sufficiently skilled and leveled, i just want to know the best tactics and cards

4400 is a fucking scam

What's your guess on how long UIR boxes will be available for?

week tops, won't be available again until this time next year

a month

Got my 144Hz monitor, holy shit the difference is massive.

>a shitload of decent weapon skins
to be fair, the only decent skins are some of the UIR Elite ones, the UIR green ones are absolute trash.

yeah too bad most games will never hold that frame rate

My 980Ti holds everything there mostly fine.

what games are you playing?

DOOM, Gears, Titanfall 2.

I'm running at 1080p though so thats the reason.

yeah that makes sense, just got a 1070 myself, and will only be at 1080p, but those 3 games are all very well optimized

oy gevalt

Canadians? Joos? bad news

too bad for people who bought in a rush i guess.

if they chopped the price in half a lot of people would applaud them, compared to a few bitching about MUH CREDITS. Now they'll get no support from anyone who either bought or didn't buy the UIR packs and will continue to be lambasted for being the moose-riding syrup jews that they are.

This pack shit has to come to some sort of end eventually, they can't go on with this. Sadly I think it's the community that will knuckle under.

GIVE ME INSANE HORDE STRATS

Do you mean knuckle down or buckle under?

PR hack is a shit job like working at Walmart except they actually look at your resume and grill you when you try to become a PR hack. It's a retarded job that nobody in their right mind today would take.

they'll buckle their knuckles is what i meant

yeah why would anyone want it?

So they'll just leave or give in you mean? Cause i cant see people sticking this out at the rate it's going. There's lots of games out there and the Bone doesnt have many exclusives in the first place. People can find their gaming fix elsewhere and without the microtransaction mobile shit going on.

neither of the consoles have many exclusives worth playing

Worth playing maybe, but the Bone doesnt have many exclusives period. Less things to keep them even on the system, let alone playing this one title.

I think they'll grind like sad MMORPG addicts to buy packs that don't give them what they want and rationalize it as 'well at least im not paying'

at some point im going to get tired of playing for hours to get zero rewards... when this happens, if playing the game isn't rewarding enough itself * I'll be switching to pretty much anything else. i don't play a lot of vidya and only play MP stuff so i can hang out with my younger brother online, I'm not wasting time on something that feels like a chore.

*seems like its taking longer and longer to load games, more bot slots are going unfilled for longer and there's more shitters standing around AFK and throwing the game. If i can't have more armored waifus/ brocust bros, what's the point in playing?

they both have a decent amount of "exclusives" if you don't count PC ports
but yeah Xbox needs more, Sony can just churn them out because every gook wants to put their shit on their system regardless if it will sell or not. Thankfully I'm an idort so none of this matters to me.

I dont know, this isnt really the MMO audience, which would be one thing. I cant see the typical Gears playing adopting a grinding mentality for this one title. Especially on shit that on a flat out visible scale doesnt amount to shit.

Grinding for over an hour to get skirt-Reyna? Wow, look at my leet drops guys. R-right?

Around TC

You pay a fee

Are the UIR packs up again?

tomorrow

noice

Bump

no u

oy fucking vey

they need to add vote kicking

Just done my first horde insane run. Easy!

TFW It was my first time past wave 10 on insane because people always just left the game -_-

at least you had decent teammates

I see that alot of people in here are saying that Horde sucks cause of how people always leave, soon there will be /gowg/ lobbies for Horde, and I mean like tomorrow, where we speedrun through it.

If you guys want in, there'll always be priority to /gowg/ over random Discord cucks.

Horde needs a votekick option

Dont die

And a join in the middle option.

yup, they do those and it will be perfect
I'm tired of shitters and griefers

goodnight /gowg/ hope you all had a nice christmas

>can't get past wave 5 without half the team leaving on insane pub horde games

JUST

Wallbouncing doesn't help you

Frequent quitters of horde should be marked and only be put into lobbies with other frequent quitters. That way they can all quit together and the others who like to stay can all stay together.

If you're bad at the game it doesn't

Fucking this. Jesus fucking Christ the amount of times I've been pissed off by it all.
Even when they players aren't any good, if they're even trying, they're better than nobody at all. But when they're not trying and instead just spam the hammer of dawn despite not having earned the points to do so, that also pisses me off.
And people leaving before fucking wave 10 even. I really do think they ought to get banned from good players horde games, fuck them all. Let them have their own games, like GTAV does for the trolls.

Even though this general almost dies all the time, I'm glad about this general. I've met some cool people from here and we actually talk about the game here. We're not like other generals that shitpost about fuck all, praise mentally ill trap faggots, constantly fight about Teamspeak or Discord drama or have retarded name fags spouting garbage only looking for (You)'s. Of course there is the merchant posting when absurdly priced packs come out but that's justified. Love you /gowg/. Merry Christmas.