First car under £15k

Getting a work placement next year for university, going to be earning around 20k over its course, minus around 5k for rent and food, I have £15k to play with. Any recommendations for a first car?
Wouldn't mind pic related but I've heard jap engines break down a lot and are hard to repair.

Import a twingo.

>but I've heard jap engines break down a lot and are hard to repair.

You're clearly retarded/incompetent, i would consider a small hatchback as a first car

That's retarded.
For first cars. You want something versatile, Easy to fix, And not expensive.
An FX7 is none of these things.
Please consult the poorfag guide to cars if you want something sporty. But my personal first car was a 2000 Monte Carlo, Sporty. Yet really fucking tough, And real easy to drive.

Twingo is life, Twingo is love.

Volvo 850R if you don't mind FWD, if you do then get a Volvo 960. Simple as that

You're retarded

And so are you

>850r

I'd have more luck trying to find an unicorn than buying a 850r in decent shape, heck even in bad shape.

>You're clearly retarded/incompetent, i would consider a small hatchback as a first car

Get off on calling people retarded to make yourself seem smart?

You didn't really provide any counter arguments so I can only assume that you're just as (if not more) retarded than I am.

Fiat Punto GT

Then go get a 850 T-5 (not the T-5R, there's like 10 of those left in north america) and do a ECU tune for $500.

>Ad hominem
An RX7 is not a fuckin beginners car, At all.
I speak from personal experience that i've driven the Monte Carlo. It's Chev's take at the mid sized sporty coupe. I found it fun as fuck to drive while still maintaining the engine and the arguably stupid brake pads that were installed by the previous owner. It was really ergonomic for what it was worth. I actually don't regret selling it one bit though. It's aged now compared to the Mustang. (Fucking shitty catalytic converter)

I'm yuropoop. Only diesel rust buckets. The dream is dead mate.

What's an fx7? Also chevvies aren't common in my homeland.

What? There are thousands of 850's left in Euroland, hell you could even find a manual 850R over there!

Oh, It's just what I used to call RX7 drivers, Fucking Extremes. Bunch of feathery city boys with rich parents that thought it was radical to try and run everyone else off the road.

What? There are like five 850s in my city here in Poland, where do you live bro?

just get a MK4 supra and enjoy never having to get anything repaired

>I've heard jap engine break down a lot and are hard to repair
This isn't true on any level. Japanese engines are generally speaking quite a but more reliable than german or american engines. One exception to that rule, however, is the Mazda rotary, which needs constant idemitsu and a rebuild every 70k or so miles.

The worst rotaries in terms of reliabilty are the Turbo II and the REW. The car you posted, the RX-7 FD, has a 13b-REW. It's not a good first car.

Here's a rundown of rotary maintenance, and this is just for the more reliable NA 13b: you have to make sure you have a few thousand dollars to spare at all times, can afford the idemitsu oil and premix that the RX-7 gulps, and have the automotive know-how to rebuild a rotary yourself. It's about a weekend's and 1k USD worth of work.

So all in all, RX-7 are not a good first car, and especially not FD or Turbo II RX-7s. If you really want a fun RWD japanese coupe that can be easily made to go fast, look into a S-chassis that's not modded to shit.

Falseflagging amerifat detected.

>look into a S-chassis that's not modded to shit.
>implying they're not all shitheaps by now regardless of configuration

>going to be earning around 20k over its course, minus around 5k for rent and food, I have £15k to play with.

This is why the economy sucks, dont be retarded with money.

Get a hot hatch or even a regular sporty hatch.
You're going to get fucked on insurance if that's your first actual car.
>Focus ST
>Golf GTI
>Leon Cupra
>Civic Type R
>Audi A3/A4 Quattro
Alternatively you can get a BMW E46 Coupe with whatever engine you like which is a good choice

Don't fall for the 90s JDM moneypit meme.