Is this better than buying an expensive shitbox?

>Remember that your $50k shitbox will depreciate by 50% in 2 years.

uh my 800$ shitbox will be worth 800$ even in 5 years. it may even become worth more because of its like new condition

No. Scooters are TERRIBLE.

Also, two wheels is hard and inconvenient. Driving a car can be done in shorts and sandals year-round in all weather if your heating works, and while carrying half a ton of bulky junk and four friends.

If you're committed to two wheels, just get a 125cc bike. Looks better, sounds better, goas faster, handles properly, doesn't bottom out on manhole covers, way more fun.

The route I'm going is a DD chosen for reliability and a bike chosen for fun. The only obstacle right now is that I'm limited to a 125cc until I know what I'm doing enough to pass a test for the proper full license.

If you're gonna get a scooter don't get a shitty chinese one, get a yamaha or honda or something, chinese ones are nothing but trouble.

Scooters are awesome. Very comfy, great on gas, and many are automatic, plus depending on the scooter, you can mount them more easily than a real motorcycle. Dont get a vespa, though, only because theyre very expensive. Theyre fashionable but theres many cheaper choices out there.

i bought my shitbox for $5000 5 years ago

they're still selling for $5000 even with the additional mileage

scooters are objectively garbage

at least get a dual sport

Thank you user. Will do.

>automatic scooter

Penultimate cuckmobile.

Have fun getting run over on wet roads

Depends on where you are but in my state scooters and mopeds over 50cc and under don't have to be registered

>buy 150cc scooter
>scratch the 1 off all stickers
>?????
>profit

There are no manual scooters except some Vespas or lambrettas, 99.99% of scooters are CVT

>Is this better than buying an expensive shitbox?
Unusable where I am because ALL the roadways to work are high-speed. There are zero choices. Okay, technically, a lawyer would say false, there is one choice. I can walk my scooter to work using the sidewalk, thus satisfying the requirement that I travel with my scooter to and from work.

If you buy a scooter, write down your top-20 most visited destinations in the past year. Then note whether or not you can reach them at the scooter's top speed of 30MPH (accounts for small hills, potholes, bumps in road). You really cannot go faster than 30MPH with bumpy roads or you'll wipe out in front of a car that simply keeps going and clips you or runs you over. They will keep going too because they know you cannot ID them.

You'll find that a lot of destinations aren't reachable by scooter unless you become a choke point on the highway for many angry cars. Some drivers may even sideswipe you deliberately.

??? when someone says scooter do you think the only ones that exist are cheap 50cc chinese shitmobiles???

everything you said only applies to those $300 scooters off craigslist.

>bought $50 Chinese scooter at a yardsale
>fix it up and drive it every day to high school and college
>don't care how gay I look, I pay for gas in quarters
>after 6 years it finally broke

That Xingyue was one of the best purchases I made financially. If I didn't move to somewhere that snows more than once a week a year I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

If you can pick one up for cheap, theres no reason not to. I payed for gas in quarters, parts are super cheap, and they are incredibly simple to fix. I don't remember what I payed for in insurance but it was less than $50/month when I was 18

They are also very fun in a scary way when going above 50 mph

>muh depreciation

so i drove a $50k car for two years and it only cost me 25k? Sounds good, have fun on you 35mph fagmobile m8.

Don't get a piece of shit 50cc moped. Get at least a 150cc or 200cc scooter instead. Don't be that asshole that's holding up a whole lane of cars because your piece of crap has no power to accelerate forward when you need to.

It's better to have the power just in case you need it. Versus not having it and being screwed when it comes time to needing it.

There are a lot of YT videos on how to upgrade shitty Chinese scooters. I bought 4 of them for $1600 off a Chinese dealer on Amazon. I upgraded brakes, ignitions, and electrical housings, which are exact duplicates of OEM Honda parts. I keep them at the lake house to tool around on in the summer. I'm perfectly happy with my purchase.

>scooters won't start up in temps less than 5C
> :(

Get a scooter if they are cheap, you are not sure about riding a motorcycle, and the weather is nice. Here in commiefornia I can go to most places with my 150cc aprilia scarabeo. I can reach 60mph up some steep inclines. The 60mpg's is pretty dank. After having a scooter and a motorcycle, the scooter allow's a newbie to focus on riding rather than shifting.

After a year the cvt is fully annoying, but splitting lanes is SUPER easy.

Worst part about scooter's are the boringness, but they are better then slow, boring, shitboxes.

Yeah, the reason I got my scarabeo was the wheel size, and the engine. Having the dinky ass wheels at incredibly hihg speedz would be crazy.

Don't listen to the haters OP.

Just don't buy a 50cc two stroke scooter. Buy a 125CC four stroke scooter with ABS instead.

I use this one for commuting, it even goes around the mountains and shit here in Switzerland. The rule is not to buy anything Chinese or something. Buy from a reputable brand like Honda and Yamaha.

Chinese shit will break easily and you will spend a lot of money and time repairing something that was cheap. Now if you end up with a 125cc scooter it actually is better than a shit car that will cost a fortune in repairs and service.

You can ride this shit everywhere, park everywhere and you will have better mobility than most other people.

What the fuck are you talking about?

I use in the fucking winter here in Switzerland. -3C pretty much every single morning and it started without a problem.

50cc in murriland are mostly for degenerates with DUIs
If you want to have fun on it try to learn some italian

They love their little shitbikes and have a shitton of dirt cheap aftermarket

Make sure to get a gy6 / minarelli / pollini clone, as parts are plentiful and repairs and tunes easy as shit

Invest in proper rollers and maybe an over size pulley to get better performance/mpgs

>he doesn't know
Scooters are exactly where a CVT can shine
The low power, fixed speed operation makes them optimal for that kind of transmission

There are some scoots with flappy paddles, but that's still auto, really

The big exception are vintage vespas and clones thereof
They have a pushbike-like transmission with a centrifugal clutch