Wife bought pic related for 19k flat, no money down and 0 fixed interest for 6 years. 2017 corolla LE Eco trim...

Wife bought pic related for 19k flat, no money down and 0 fixed interest for 6 years. 2017 corolla LE Eco trim. Apparently with the warranty and Toyota care she doesn't have to worry about anything for a few years.

Despite being happy for her and glad that it's a sound investment I could just never see myself owning something so BASIC like a no frills Eco sedan. Anyone else feel the same? A 1.8 liter CVT transmission and backup cam and lane assist, wheres the funext? It's a soulless generic alliance.

>financing a shitbox for 6 years with 0 down

Lmao have fun being upside down on the loan for the entire term

Appliance*

And as far as safety goes I mean yea it haseems every fucking airbag and safety feature in the world which I guess is great specially if we have a kid soon like we planned but I think thats the biggest cop out in history to get a boring car. My pops drove us around in a full size bronco and a 80 iRoc Camaro and we turned out okay

Some people just look at cars as appliances mate. A corolla is a good car if you look at them as such.

Meh she's paying it twice a month so I don't really care it's a corolla

I drove it for a whole weekend and literally had no road feel to it man, complete disconnection. Afterward jumping in my 79 camaro was like going from a tricyle to a dirt bike

Yeah, thing is people don't know/care/care to know about road feel or "fun factor"

They just don't care

You could be a man and tell your wife that she is buying an ugly piece of shit at least

She's always wanted a corolla, didn't say shit when I bought a bronco

Why wouldn't you push her towards something more entertaining? What was wrong with her old car? An old appliance in good condition is just as good as a new appliance

pls no bully corolla

She had a chrysler concorde that was starting to get all kinds of electrical gremlins. Alarm would go off every night at 2 am, domelights would randomly pop on, tailgate wouldn't open. Starter wouldn't crank then would crank just fine even though the battery starter and alternator all checked out windows not working but regulators motor and switches being fine etc etc etc.

She's also looking into the safety feature and shit for sticking a child seat in the back. I'm pretty glad though her original choices were between this and a 2017 Kia optima

That kia looks better and has 10 years warranty if i'm not mistaken .
Ya dun goofed

you do know the real reason you shouldnt go that long is interest on the loan right? Since she got a 0% loan it doesnt really matter.

You spent 19k to avoid fixing a bad ground? An accord v6 for

Actually its a bad idea to ever have a loan like that because if it gets totaled in a year or so you will end up underwater on the loan. You pretty much need gap insurance.

I didn't spend anything, it's her money we both have careers. But yea your right that's basically what happened. I tried tracking down shitty grounds or shorts/opens in the wiring and had no luck I used to do electro optical wiring on LAVs in the marine corps. Took it to a shop too and they had it for a week and Just unplugged the alarm and removed the dome light bulb since they couldn't figure it out. She hated that car anyways and found a buyer for 4k cash so whatever

Dude it's a Kia

I recently got on of these. It really is a boring car. There's no feedback in the wheel, it just turns, there's no bite. It sounds like someone making a humming sound with their lips when you push the little 4 cylinder. It's not like the old 98 Camry was especially fun to drive, but it didn't feel like I'm playing an arcade racer.

Been thinking about ditching my old cars and getting something new like this for a while now but now if they feel like this

Inb4 new challenger/ mustang gt/ ss camaro

I would rather dump 10 grand into my 79 camaro and build a street monster than spend 30k on a base model new one with all kinds of nanny programs

>itt people complain that most non-auto enthusiast people just want an a to b car with the least amount of problems as possible

It's a reliable grocery getter - what do you expect?
It looks like a great daily driver to me.