Camper Conversions

What type of vehicle would you personally pick to convert into a camper for weekend trips or even living in

A 4x4 truck with a camper in the back. I'd get one of these industrial units for the stealth factor. I wouldn't want to live in one but it'd be fun for camping when it's too shitty for a tent.

Some old van. Like an early Ford Transit, a Merc L319 or a Citroën H, then make some cozy interior, screw an armchair and a drinks globe to the wooden floor and go be a retard in my mobile smoking room, stop anywhere, not get controlled because who cares about a commercial van being left somewhere, and get drunk so I can fall asleep in muh armchair.
Wake up slightly hangover the next day and do it again.

open container law lmao

>not emptying the bottle in one evening and keeping all the rest sealed
fucking casual

this is bretty good

a transporter t5

a suburban

generally a van like a Ford Transit Connect, Ford Econoline, Chevy Express/Astro/GMC Savannah/Safari, or a Dodge Ramvan.

I love how those look. I wish the Citroen H vans were sold here in America.

GMC Vandura

This and the Econoline are the only acceptable answers.

School bus for 3k

not even joking, check craigslist

>Camper Conversions
>Ronnie Dahl edition

I'm currently working on converting a Suburban to an Overlanding rig. If it was more of an RV type of camping youre going after I'd go with an Ambulance as my 1st choice, then a FedEx step van as my 2nd.

>Picked up a 15 passenger van just for this purchase
>Found cancer rust before I really got started with the project
The thing had so much damn room in it

>purchase
I meant purpose.

Being too drunk to re-seal your container is a pretty good reason to bust someone.
Pic: As good or better than a tent

>Rooftop overland tent on USFS Cherokee
Problem solved!

picrelated if i was a richfag that could afford fuel for it.
ones in good condition cost about 5k € here.

You can literally just build a small apartment on the bed.

>afford fuel for it.
Shit will run on vegetable oil cut with used motor oil.

Nobody drives those vans for commercial use anymore. Everyone will know a camper or a murderer is inside.

So did you fix the rust or what?

Are you sure thats not the M35 you're thinking of?

Obviously this

Eight lug Suburban is a great choice for all the reasons you already know. Anything heavier would have issues, even some military trucks, due to size.

Fuck sleeping in cars. I feel like my 8 passenger SUV is horrible for two people to sleep in. So my gf and I tent it out.

Gt86

already converted

bump

Livin' life in the bus lane.

A maloo ute and a swag.

Will a Volvo V60 be alright for a few days trip ?

>even living in
Police and people look for fogged up windows as a sign that homeless are living in a car. Those cars then get checked out and the loitering law is applied. So you don't want a vehicle with lots of windows in the living area because it makes detection too easy.

It used to be pretty easygoing for people to stay in a car for short trips. But due to the huge increases in homeless (and the crimes), many places became intolerant of people living in cars. My city council and police succumbed to the black lives matter movement since BLM successfully got the obama federal gov't to investigate and pressure the police to not enforce certain laws against blacks and mexicans. As a result, camping in cars in front of residences was no longer enforced due to the cost of discrimination lawsuits. If you came here and camped out, you might not realize the scope of the problem. But your tires might all be flattened in the night by angry homeowners frustrated by non-enforcement. By making all tires flat, the derelict car ordinance could force those cars to be removed. That was the homeowners' solution to the problem of homeless spreading trash, drugs, and crime thru various neighborhoods.

Walmart remained resistant and continued to allow RVs and campers at night in their lots. So sometimes their tires would get stabbed too. As a result, there became fewer and fewer campers as walmart told campers to not use the lot. Walmart didn't want to be sued if there was an assault and injury between campers and anti-homeless tire stabbers on the lot.

So keep in mind the the growing need to not look like a homeless camper.