Saab Thread

Redpill me on SAAB Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jemRabq74WA
youtu.be/J4cPWZ9VdI8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Refused to cheap out under any owner, which eventually became their downfall because they weren't profitable. Built some damn cool cars though.

you will never know their true worth until you have a severe wreck.
youtu.be/jemRabq74WA
youtu.be/J4cPWZ9VdI8

this was mine after a few poles and 2 oncoming cars. my passenger and I both walked away. Super lucky in my case, but still, I'm going to stick with them.

Can confirm they're tanks. A family member had an old 900 and got rear-ended by a Benz, hard enough to fuck up its frame sadly. There wasn't a scratch on the bumper though, and the front of the Benz was fucking gone.

It's a brand that, as if it were under the control of Veeky Forums, refused to be profitable instead choosing to make good but not reliable cars. Even their rebadged cars are good cars.

And, similar to any car brand hypothetically controlled by Veeky Forums, was unprofitable and stuck to its morals all the way to bankruptcy.

>Good but not reliable
Explain

fast and safe but sometimes breaks where it shouldnt or where it sucks to fix

Refuses to compromise and follows its principles and defining concepts all the way to bankrupcy.
The fate quite a few other european car makers would have followed if they were not invested in by the states they are based in. Saab is too small for that.
They make some great stuff, but we live in a shitty world and a good product will not necessarily be profitable.

They did weird wacky stuff to attract luxury buyer's, while not being to par with the real luxuries out there.

5 cylinders, turbo chargers, superchargers. They had that Jap-Swed car only sold in the USA. Nice.

Everything they made was sub par to German and Japanese and American at any time.

Bought cause it was different and "quirky"

They're advertisements were basically BUY THIS AND YOU BECOME TOM CRUISE PILOTING A SUPER SONIC FIGHTER JET

When it reality all their cars are like, Jettas and Passats with unconventional electronic components and funky emission systems

9-2x and 9-5 only good looking cars

the 900 turbo always reminded me of the ugly ass doctor in the nightmare before christmas

the only decent one is the saabaru that was a copy of the WRX that is way cheaper to purchase because it doesn't have subaru inflation tax

I want to say there was something about the Saabaru that made it GARBAGE compared to just getting the Subaru, but yeah I forgot to leave that out.

No really knowledge of Saab. That was their downfall.

9000 looked awesome too

I'd go get snaab, but he's with his folks.

Good engines. On the older models, lots of rattle (never driven anything newer than a 9000). Trannies aren't the most solid and getting rebuild parts is stupid expensive. Very easy to tune with lots of documentation.

>Easy to tune
Switch T7 pistons to older T5 or buy forged pistons instead of cast ones and you end up with a easy tuner indeed.

saabs are underrated tuner cars

i have the 2.8t v6 and just a retune nets you like 80hp and 100 ft-lbs of torque

late to the party but i need to say this

>5 cylinders

Eat shit, you big dumb idiot motherfucker holy fuck you are dumb.

forgot to quote this one too

>I want to say there was something about the Saabaru that made it GARBAGE compared to just getting the Subaru, but yeah I forgot to leave that out.

What was worse about it? Why was the quality on saab cars worse than german, japanese, american? Can you answer anything?

Ha! Peace! :)