I gave all my tools to my brother when I moved, need to start from scratch now...

I gave all my tools to my brother when I moved, need to start from scratch now. I used to have pic related and it was full of basically duplicate sockets that I never used, and didn't have much room in the box for anything else. So I want to buy everything individually and get my own box for it.

>24 piece metric combo wrenches
>30 piece 3/8 shallow sockets
>3/8 ratchet
>4 piece 3/8 extension bar set
>3 piece pliers (standard, needle nose, channel locks)
>vise grip
>metric hex key set
>6 piece screwdriver set

All Craftsman. Am I forgetting anything that I should buy immediately?
I left out imperial stuff since I don't work on anything domestic.

Also what box should I get?

Other urls found in this thread:

homedepot.com/p/Husky-Mechanics-Tool-Set-in-Metal-Box-200-Piece-H200MTSMB/205897981
amazon.com/Grey-Pneumatic-81659CRD-Fractional-Duo-Socket/dp/B0029XKZKG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wouldn't buy Craftsman anything, get Sunex, Tekton, Gearwrench, those are about the same price or cheaper and better quality. Box depends how big you are talking

Is Tekton really any better than Craftsman, and does it have a lifetime warranty?

I could buy literally twice as many tools on Amazon if I go Tekton instead of Craftsman, makes me suspicious that they're cheap junk. I was thinking about getting Snap-On pliers and ratchets...

Start with the cheap shit so as you break the cheap shit you replace with good shit.

This way you have everything and will.replace the most frequently used stuff that you will want high quality stuff for.

how would you rate Husky
My pops had a shit ton of tools and usually was picking up Husky alot because of the deals
are they worth it
asking because i just picked this up
homedepot.com/p/Husky-Mechanics-Tool-Set-in-Metal-Box-200-Piece-H200MTSMB/205897981

did i get a good deal?

It for sure is at least equal to todays Craftsman. Just focus your money where it matters. Don't get Snap On ratchets, get Gearwrench, they are just as good. IDK about Tektons warranty, but it's cheap enough were it doesn't matter.

It will get you started but they aren't very good. First thing I would do is get some quality ratchets and replace those double open wrenches with proper combos.

You mean to tell me that Gearwrench, who I've never heard of, is the same level of quality as the might Snap-On?

I'd rather just buy the good stuff right off the bat. I'm not concerned with price, I just don't want to fill up my super tiny garage (I live in San Francisco) with tools I'm not going to use.

are the ratchets on the combos up to snuff though, i have used the combos and broken the teeth off of them before

For their ratchets yes.

What? I meant combination wrench, open on one side, box on the other. Your wrenches are open on both sides, you won't be able to break things loose with them most of the time.

Just go buy one of the 150-350 piece sets. There are dozens of them of various brands. People put way too much stock into X brand because of reliability or warranty. I wrench and abuse my tools as much as anyone and I have never broken anything that I can remember. And if I go break a ratchet or something then I will go get another for a few bucks. It's not like normal tools are expensive.

Auto tech student here, they are legit, pretty much all of my classmates would drop a Snap-on for a Gearwrench anyday. The Snap-on may have great build quality but that means fuck all when you can't fit it in the space you're given.

If you haven't heard of Gearwrench you seriously mustv'e been living under a rock.

Aight, should I get the flex head or the roto head?
I've always used fixed heads and I'm skeptical of both tbqhwyrnfam

>uses a cheapo premade set
>I wrench and abuse my tools as much as anyone
No you don't. The tools in those sets are not good enough to stand up to regular use, they are for hobbyists.

1/4 drive always flex head for me, 1/2" I use a fixed, 3/8 I can go either way. Gets a bit awkward if you are using a swivel or a wobble with a flex head at the same time.

I would get the flex head rather than the roto, but that's just going off the way the roto head is mounted looks weaker than a flex joint.

Here comes the elitist, I never said I use my tools every day. I'm not a mechanic and neither is the OP. I also never said buy a cheap set, pretty much ever manufacturer makes tool sets which are much cheaper than trying to piece together one of the same size. Stop acting like lower and medium grade tools break every other time you use them and the only tools worthy of being used are the most expensive. I own Craftsman, Tekton, Kobalt, and a bunch of small name tools that work just fine for the weekend wrencher.

What are you talking about. I just recommended OP buy cheap tools instead of Snap On. My response was to
>I wrench and abuse my tools as much as anyone

Fair enough. Honestly I abuse the fuck.out of tools. I rarely break shit unless.im.using it not how it should be used to do some Jenky ghetto stuff.

You said that I recommended him buy cheap tools, when I did not. And how do you know how I use my tools? If I was a mechanic I would have stated that but that does not mean I don't use them regularly. The OP is obviously not a mechanic either so I made my suggestion likewise.

Pittsburgh is best overall value.

All of those huge sets are not only cheap, but full of tools you won't use. Look at the husky set posted earlier, double open end wrenches, 12 point everything, etc. I can tell you don't "wrench as much as anyone" because of your recommendation.

Yeah because all sets have the same tools in them. I forgot I'm talking to a tripfag on an anonymous image board. You definitely know exactly how much I wrench just by my nonspecific recommendation. Get over yourself man.

Alright lets try this again

>tekton 15 piece metric combo wrenches
>tekton 3 piece pliers (channel locks, needle nose, regular)
>tekton 10 piece 3/8 shallow 6pt sockets
>tekton 9 piece 1/4 shallow 6pt sockets
>tekton 14 piece 1/2 shallow 6pt impact sockets
>tekton 3 piece 3/8 extensions
>tekton 3 piece 1/4 extensions
>tekton metric hex, imperial hex and torx key sets
>gearwrench 120xp 1/4 and 3/8 flex ratchets
>gearwrench 1/2 fixed long ratchet
so, more tools for the same amount of money...

This Tekton stuff better not be literally pot metal.
I don't know how I feel about Tekton pliers even so, I see those get fucked up more than anything else.

I need a multimeter and a torque wrench too. Brand recommendations?

Yeah this right here is why I'm not buying another one of OP pic

You'll be happy with those tools. I have Precision Instruments split beams, I really like them, they make Snap Ons split beams (but the PI ones are 1/3 of the price of course). Split beams are nice because you can just leave them set to whatever torque at any time, don't have to back them off when not in use. If you'd rather have twist handle type I think PI also makes those, or CDI. The multimeter I'm using these days is an ESI, didn't want to drop money on another Fluke, it's a little clunkier but the readings have been dead on, I've compared it to multiple Flukes since I have to use multiple meters on different parts of the same circuit and it's always the same. It doesn't have a backlight though unfortunately. There's plenty of good midrange multimeters these days, just do some research and find one with min/max/average range recording and a chime for voltage/resistance.

cool thanks

3/4 of this order has free overnight shipping on amazon prime, I'll get it all in the mail tomorrow for free god damn

craftsman is just fine you stupid doublenigger

I think his point was that Craftsman isn't better than those cheaper brands, not that they were trash.

i thought you meant the wrenches with the ratcheting closed ends not closed end wrenches m8
my bad

Do you guys know who sells good micrometers?
I need a good set so i can do cylinder bore for my sled and tractor. also what shit do i also need to do cylinder measurements aside from the micrometer, i know there is a little tool that you put into the cylinder and then it locks itself and you put it into the micrometer to get the measurement
i cant remember dick from cti rn

Are the 120xps really as smooth a's the dual 8ps? Fucking love my 90 tooth mac axis, but I still find myself going back to the tried and true dual 80 at times.

Also I bought a roll cart. The hf 5 drawer unit lasted about a year before the slides started failing. I could have got a cheaper sunex but I felt like $1500 was reasonable for my most used tool storage equipment and I just couldn't say no to dat midnight blue.

Why is my fucking picture upside down? Goddamn

Hold the fuck up. This is literally the only 3/8 socket set you should buy.

amazon.com/Grey-Pneumatic-81659CRD-Fractional-Duo-Socket/dp/B0029XKZKG

>as thin as chrome sockets
>can be used with impact guns (you will want a cordless impact 3/8 gun)
>has literally every 3/8 drive socket you will ever want or need (unless you also deal with 12 point fasteners which are rare)

because you touch yourself at night

>implying it doesn't help me sleep better

>implying implications

I've used 3/8 drive sockets with an adapter and 1/2 ingresoll rand impact drill when I got my first batch of tools from the snap on truck. The sockets were blue point bc I got pic related to start off with. They're bretty stronk for being made in China

Definitely for impact sockets. Can't really say the same for anything else tho

The composite and roto head ratchets are actually decent shit. You should really give them a try. I also have little knick knack shit like hammers and test lights from hf that just work.

Their free multimeter never even made it out of the pack before the leads were ruined though. It was fun smashing it purely for entertainment.

Good to know, thanks