FAQ: pastebin.com/8EkUMikP
Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/SEA97RAu
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

>Useful Links (More in pastebin)
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Upcoming Games

Rance 5D and Rance VI (English and Decensored) - Released
Orders open at $34.95 for bundle
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1004

Heartful Maman (MILF Eroge) - January 27 2017
Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
Beat Game - Presumably some point in 2017
Two other games by the Evenicle and Rance 03 teams (New IPs)

>Released In Last Year (See FAQ for downloads and info)

June 2016 - Tsumamigui Extra (JAP)
January 2016 - Tsumamigui 3 (JAP)
August 2015 - Rance 03 (JAP)

>Current Events
Rance Birthday Drawfag Weekend (7th of Jan) - Draw your best Rance

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit.

I take it she knows very little to no magic if she's a part of Pentagon (I'm assuming).

Yeah

Make sure the next thread is "Best Terrorist" edition.

Is he an admiral? He has an anchor.

It will

It is worth it to train low lvl troops like cessna?.

Am I supposed to be this low on red orbs?

Yes, now go grind for them.

Guys I tried but I can't have fun with Rance 6. The game is so extremely fucking repetitive. I'm 20 hours in and if I imagine 40 hours more of this it's just a pain in the ass. I thin 5D was more fun than this to be honest.

what's the fastest farm for where I'm at?

Make a loop between the easy and medium areas of the training forest.

Cessna is actually pretty good. But she will be trained automatically, in VI characters gain EXP from battles as long as they have enough FR to pariticipate in battles, they don't actually have to take part in active combat party.
Welcome to grind.
What problems do you have with the game?

thanks i'll do that.

I might be feeling what you are

Adding to this. First go through easy route, then head for medium route.
Unless you're confident about being able to beat enemies there, switch Rance to back-row of the combat party and use Tactical Retreat on all of the fights, it always succeeds.

That's the fastest way to Orb Grind.

Eh, that's the opposite of what I did. Went through Medium first so when I was finishing in easy I could just spawn easy monsters for the blue orb.

How do you capture gal monsters with tamanegi?

>What problems do you have with the game?
There is no variety. First I thought it was because they give you just map after map with barely anything inbetween but then I realized it's the maps that don't give any variety. It's always the same thing. Search for the event stars and the boss stars in a barebones map. I feel there are only 2 map designs in the game. Bigger areas that are pretty straightforward or 1 small pathways that lead to empty rooms that are often just there to steal one SP out of you. There are no puzzles, no unique things about the maps you can be excited about. It's always just searching for the boss star.

Compared to fighting, just getting Adventure Achievements that are floating around maps on set locations is way faster.
Learn the skill with Rance.

Taman needs to be front row

>Compared to fighting, just getting Adventure Achievements that are floating around maps on set locations is way faster.
Unless you're going through the hard route too, you won't be able to get the blue orb without fighting monsters, which is why I went for easy last for fights.

They never tell you this but you need to weaken the monster first to capture them, like in Pokemon. Or it just increases greatly the chance.

Is there anything wrong with loving IX the most?

Yes, Rance X and Rance 04 haven't come out yet, so you should reserve your judgement.

>Learn the skill with Rance.
How?

Raise Tamanegi's FR.

no

You might like Quest/Magnum better then, due to it having better maps and art/graphics. But i do think gameplay wise, VI is way better than Quest/Magnum ( limited moves + some absurdly large maps. Tower of babel is 20 floors for f's sake)

It's also the little things like how pointless orbs are. Just go to some easy map and collect the achievement points easy. It just seems so fucking pointless to do this because it's so mindless.

Its just that, most of the people discussing how good the others were and no one really pointed out IX. Ive always had bad taste with games so im here checking out if ive got shit taste now ( heck, i even enjoyed playing haruka)

Are the Kurupiston events worth dumping items for? Or is is just flavor and fun?

How do I ask Mangagamer Support if I can pay with Paypal?

You can do that, just send them a mail.

Flavor and fun. They were my favorite part of 5D, but I wouldn't bother with them if you just want to get the game out of the way.

Is there difference how allies level dependong on if they are in team, if they kill the mobs with final blow etc? Or doesnt matter?

They're useful for dropping cursed items.

Yeah thought so.
Might do them on a second playthrough. There is some new game+ mode, right?

Well yes, the captivating junk. I mean otherwise, with regular items.

I love the grind and trying to perfect all maps.

By emailing the support.

Doesn't matter

Do I need to ration presents or can I throw them at everyone?

Why doesnt Rance like Natasha? She`s the best.

I'm not liking VI remotely as much as I did with Sengoku and people have shilled the former to oblivion saying is the best one.

The stupid SP system, orb "grinding" (I haven't really run on problems with them so far, just killed red mob icons and exchanged them for orbs), talent cap and overall boring quests are some mechanics that aren't well adressed.

;_;

Fucking hell I'm depressed now

The people who prefer VI to Sengoku (like myself) do so because of the plot and characters.

Especially around the time Kamilla comes along

What kind of skills does Athena learn?
Not sure if I should be filling up her idle slots or powering up her existant attacks.

Also worth leveling up her human class or stick to archer?

Ration, give them to characters you don't have repeatable events to raise friendship. Only at end game you will be bale to buy them, so if you don't ration you may be locked of some characters events until the last chapter.

Do i need to buy armor for my teammates?

Is this shit for a quest or something? Explored the rest of autumn forest but no dice concerning the key.

What lvl you have to be to go to the left side of the forest? I get destroyed in seconds with a party of lvl 15-20

Alright, how the fuck do I beat the last boss in 5Ds?

For Rocky(if you use him) it comes really handy because of his Ally guard. For the back row I didn't bother with it yet.

PLEAE RESPOND

I think I started doing fine with Rance and Sill at 20. Don't remember the others' levels.

Brutal attack and heal with sill. If you have the Hair gal monster you even get stuns.

You get the key in a later quest.

They really made Rance ridiculously overpowered compared to any other team member. Any party without Rance is automatically only 30% as good.

That's only natural, Rance is the hero after all.

I never played any other game where the hero was so far off from the rest of the party.

Reminder that Rocky has the rare skill "Tactical Retreat" that lets you run away from battles, he also has high SP, lots of events to raise FR and several events to raise his LVL limit, he also gets his S grade weapon in an event.
Rocky is a good unit useful for the whole game.

Do units lose stats when they delevel using poison items?

When I played he wasn't very useful because I was always very overlevelled. So he was way too weak, and his level cap increasing events were always around too late.

She learns stronger bow attacks when leveling up archer, and she can also copy certain gal-monster skills. Never tried leveling human though.

Did you manage to fill out her emty slots by just leveling up archer?

It's quicker to go easy, hit the two things, kill a group, and grab the gold.

that's 1/1 in very short amount of time if you can one shot the easy monsters. you retreat and go back in.

left side is about 20. the important parts is a max level rocky, a prima with no charge heal, and a ~25ish Rance or Karou as your primary damage dealer.

Wichita is pretty hot as well

With a big cast, thats a good option imo.

Too bad he's male.

They gain stats

Maybe if you only wanted red or yellow orbs, but doing a figure eight is the best for grinding out blue orbs.

This made me jump when it happened.

Yes, due to deleveling. But when you get back to level you were originally on, they will be higher.

This is not the exact formula, but the stat boosts from items work somewhat like this.

Base stat X (Stat-boost items[if any] X the numbers of stat boost items used) = Final value
The boost from stat-ups is initially small, but you'll really see the effect after level 40 or so. For the record, actual attribute growths are set.

I like it better how it is in Sengoku Rance. Ok unit at the beginning with high potential but never OP. Rance is supposed to be strong with high potential that he never uses though. That he gets like 30atk up for one level up here is just ridiculous.

Yeah. Didn't use her much though. Gal-mons are better imo

No, the end of the game almost all of the characters get infinite-use FR raising events. And it's best not to rush the boosts for most characters, since they might gain skills later that you could've upgraded.
Literally only characters that you need to use them for are Prima for 15FR boost to First Aid, and Kanami to get her events started.

What's even the point of raising FR of Kimchi?

Her FR gives boosts to Rance's skills.

Kimichi is Sill in SR, would be the easiest way to explain it.

Holy shit you can make Rance even stronger trough FR boosts? God have mercy on us all.

Can Athena store more than one monster skill?

Just tried it, the human class seems garbage.
The first three skills are self heals, which you don't even get to level up, what a waste.

Yeah she can. I had two monster skills on my Athena.

Thanks. In that case I just upgrade the existing Boww attacks instead of adding new ones.

>Sill got Otter disease and died
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

Is 5D and VI fun?
I played the shit out of SR and BBA, but found rance 9 to be extremely boring, more like a VN than a game, so I never finished it despite really liking the art and the cute grills

Both are mediocre games only worth playing if you're very into Rance.

I would say both offer more gameplay than dialogs.

5D is somehow extremely frustrating and fun at the same time.
There's some major asspulls in terms of boss preparation and instant kills, but it never sets you back far enough to say "well fuck this", at least not for me anyways.

Is there a limited number of skills one can learn? Should i load save on Rance to unlearn capture?

Did you machine translate IX?

And yeah IX is a VN and is something you play if you like the characters.

VI is great fun

Having only just gotten to the resistance base in 6, how much will I have to grind in order to be able to make actual progression?
SP runs out so fast, and both Bernard and Rocky are useless in combat aside from soaking up hits.

Also, does getting hit while charging an attack cancel out the attack? I've seen this happen a couple of times but I can't tell whether that's what going on or if it's something else.

Not too much because Italia is good for leveling while you explore it

I played the chinese version.

Frustrating and fun can be used to describe both SR and BBA, I think I'll give them a go. Thanks user.

No need to grind at all. Just go with Rance everytime and escape if you run out of SP. The game is easy as fuck.

HELP

Get fucked worst character in VI

That's a relief, thank you.

Well, SR is the sequel, so its obvious that some things are going to be fixed, and some are going to get even messier.
(Quest is an example >SP? Fun isnt it. Now lets add MP, and charisma too! )

Always SP up except if combat units are horribly underperforming in battle.

Alright, thanks

Obviously some have godlike skill upgrades that you should pick like Prima being able to heal without charging. But otherwise I would stick to SP.

Raise skills, always skills.

>Raising SP
>Being that bad at exploring dungeons and balancing your party

Don't listen to this fag. The game is extremely easy and the tedious SP thing is the only problem in the entire game.