Does anyone here own an electric car?

Does anyone here own an electric car?

I'm thinking of getting one but I'm worried about the maintenance and servicing.

I'm guessing that they're pretty much impossible to fix or service by yourself as they're so complicated.

And I'm worried they will break a lot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vlxZs2-gICc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They are a lot like owning a big German luxury car, more reliable than anything from Ford or GM and fine until something goes wrong then it's sell a kidney to fix. Buy new get shot of it in 3 years before the battery is totally fucked and everything will be fine.

Aren't Tesla batteries warrantied for 8 years?

>I'm thinking of getting one
Wrong board you want

Yes, but not against "normal reduction in capacity" after three years the battery capacity will have dropped dramatically, just look at how long your phone lasts on a charge when new and after 2 years.

Apparently it's a 5% reduction over 3 years and 30% over 8 years

Yes, all current production electric vehicles are proprietary locked down pieces of shit.

I plan to change that, pic related cost me $3k.

And that's just what they'll admit.

Except people who have them are reporting more than 30% after 3 years and Tesla are not replacing the packs.

Is the Miata electric now?

Is Musk able to make a profit without big brother government footing the bill? I doubt it.

The leaf costs minimal and they tell you at purchase that some parts have a certain life to them. The brakes are normal but last longer as you use electronic braking often. The Tesla is a testbed of sorts every maintenance visit they take your total telemetry to use for future planning. I've been told by people who own it that it needs battery checks for potential problems but is payed by Tesla. If you buy it they offer you a payment plan that covers all potential maintenance. This isn't a car you can diy the repairs on.

Then again I drive a 2016 car. 8000-10000 per oil change. Normal brake maintenance, air filter, climate filter, but just about everything else is supposed to last the entire life of the car as long as you don't do anything stupid to it.

The is rumor of an electric miata to be launched with Mazda's new electric cars.

>Except people who have them are reporting more than 30% after 3 years and Tesla are not replacing the packs.
[citation needed]

Are they ever going to introduce a sport version of the Prius Prime?

I'm thinking 100 mile electric range, 7.5 second 0-60, 600 mile total range, and comfy ... for $36k.

Or am I just describing a Volt?

Need more details user

Those batts from a leaf?

Check the tesla owners forum. And next time learn to google farther than being a lazy fuck expecting to be spoon-feed everything like a pre-schooler.

Is that going to outperform a Zero?

Are you going to enter the IoM TT?

The fuck you on about?

Zero bikes, brand of electrics.
Isle of Man TT. See: youtube.com/watch?v=vlxZs2-gICc

Skip in 0:26 seconds for start.

Or maybe learn to back up your arguments rather than talking out of your ass. And don't get butthurt when I call you out on your idiotic hearsay. It's not spoonfeeding to expect an incredible claim to have proof. Learn what the burden of proof is. Dumbfuck.

>check out the tesla owners forum
Yeah, you don't have anything anyways.

>I've been told by people who own it that it needs battery checks for potential problems but is paid by American taxpayers*

Fixed your mistake

Lol, I am on a project like that to.
My electric moped burned out a controller, now I ordered a 72V 150/220A controller and LiPos.
It will get insane acceleration as soon as its finished.
The upgrade costs me about 500€ and gets me about 20 hp in a ~70 kg scooter.

[citation needed]
>inb4 government loans that have long been paid off

No the cash incentive is payed by the government but the maintenance is payed by Tesla.

the 2 billion the government gave out to help develop electric cars has not been paid back

this isn't including the tax credit you get for buying one