You have been elected as the next CEO of FCA

You have been elected as the next CEO of FCA.

How do you unfuck them?

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/jeep-ceo-hellcat-powered-jeep-grand-cherokee-coming-in-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sell it to GM

>GMFCA
>FCAGM
>FGMCA
???

MCfag
sounds like a rapper

shut down fiat and gun down all the executives that worked for them
keep selling the wrangler with minimal interior and mechanical updates
upmarket the GC to compete with the escelade,sell it as a chrysler
shit some weight off of the challenger and charger with a new platform
steal all diesel fiats on the road and launch them into the sun

They seem to be doing ok.

Maybe revamp the Chrysler range and pull Dodge out of the UK market (No way those guys are making a profit).

>MCfag
Lol

Hellcat and Scat Pack trims in every model they offer.

SRT Jeeps are bad enough
how about no

That's my dream car.

Seriously, if you search the archives you will see how many times I have posted that.

Hellcat grand Cherokee when.

Because reasons

They're damn nice, and that 392 is a hell of a motor

It was in the works but called the "Trailhawk" or something

shame its in a jeep
hopefully soon

caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/jeep-ceo-hellcat-powered-jeep-grand-cherokee-coming-in-2017

>low profile rims
urgh

should have taken the Ford Raptor route and went in the opposite direction to this

It would be absolutely mental. I'm imagining the donuts.

I think they'd just be having a hard time designing an AWD system that could take the power.

Hellcat everything would be neat

That's the thing with Grand Cherokees though.

If you drive the older models from the 90s and early 00s, they were much more of an off-road car. The suspension was really stiff and the thing had horrible body roll in the corners, the straight 6 had plenty of torque but was garbage when you wanted to pass somebody on the highway, etc.

The changes came when Daimler owned them. They realized that 99.9% of the miles put on Grand Cherokees are on regular roads. They kept a capable 4WD system, but they made the thing so much better to drive on the road. Suspension feels like a sedan, steering feels like a sports car, and the V6 is so much better when you are trying to merge onto the interstate.

The Trackhawk and SRT8 isn't meant to be driven through the mud all day.

>the straight 6 had plenty of torque but was garbage when you wanted to pass somebody on the highway, etc.
lies

mine had plenty of pull

all they need is a CAI and Exhaust and they wake right up.

Problem is the Aerodynamics are shit so over 60mph is feels like a brick

mine wouldnt do over 90mph

The 3.7L V6 absolutely shits on the 4.0L I6 when it comes to real world driving. Trust me.

They're just set up different. The 4.0 feels like a champ if you have a trailer or anything behind it at lower speeds.

>Find all the worst designers and engineers and banish them to Europe along with the Fiat brand
>The European public won't notice the difference

>Bring back the 2-stroke program
>Because why not

>Chrysler marque is luxury only
>Bring back the Imperial
>Probably build it on a Dakota frame lel

>Ditch V6 configuration
>Go with I6s, ~170 CI, ~230 CI, ~290 CI

>Bring back the Dakota
>~150 CI 4 cylinder/manual standard, I6 and V8 optional

>Bring back the Ramcharger
>Bigger I6/manual standard

>Bring back Plymouth
>Build a RWD car slightly larger than the Neon but with a ~170 CI inline 6/manual standard and a ~318-340 CI pushrod V8 and automatics as an option
>Call it the Plymouth Valiant
>The Dodge version will be called the Dart
>Imagine that

>Build a cheaper version of the Charger with the I6 as standard
>Call it the Plymouth Satellite

>Bring back AMC
>Roll Jeep into it
>All vehicles AWD/4WD only (With the exception of the Wrangler)
>Get rid of all '90s Chrysler/'00s Daimler Benz/'10s FCA pigfat fuckery
>Shrink the Wrangler back to YJ size
>Bring back the Gladiator (4WD Ram)
>Bring back the Wagoneer (4WD Ramcharger)
>Bring back the Comanche (4WD Dakota)
>Bring back the Marlin (AWD Charger)
>Bring back the Eagle (AWD Dart)
>4 cyl/manual standard on all but Gladiator and Wagoneer
>Those get a 6 and a manual

And this is how Chrysler finally completes it's 40 year long death.

Better to burn out than fade away I guess...

Does Richard Nixon have any kids? We need to vote them into office too.

And one legit question:

So Dodge was regular cars, Jeep for off-road, Chrysler was the luxury make, where did Plymouth and AMC fit into this?

Plymouth was the value brand

AMC was only bought to get Jeep

Plymouth was the entry Level shitboxes brand.

Get rid of the carcass that is Chrysler, along with all their subsidiaries and sell them to the chinese. Keep Fiat as it is now and make Alfa and Maserati great again.

Plymouth: cloth seats and an AM/FM radio
Want satnav/DVD player/ built in Xbone? Dodge or Chrysler.

AMC: 4WD/AWD shitboxes

Oh and about Jeep it's long been conventional wisdom that the only thing any other manufacturer would want out of FCA is the Jeep brand since anyone esle with the financial resources to buy FCA already has strong truck lines themselves. However now with FCA pushing Jeep into every little segment possible it's starting to look like they'll ruin that brand too and there won't be anything left of interest for other manufacturers.

I guess that's one way of protecting yourself from a takeover.

Sell Jeep to Ford.

Close all my other factories.

Kill myself.

Wasn't Chrysler's LH platform based on an AMC design?

>Sell X to Ford
rip

Begin manufacturing grand nationals with a manual instead of the 4 speed

move all design, R&D, manufacturing, and assembly to China

Makes sense. When was the last time Plymouth actually had a real car model? I just remember the early 90s with the Plymouth Neons and Caravans which were the exact same thing as similar Dodges (and I guess Chysler for the van) aside from the badges.

At least cars like the Mercury Mountaineer and Ford Explorer had different grills and a couple body things.

Speaking of that, what the fuck is the point of Mercury? Is it like Ford's Buick? More luxurious than the Fords and Chebbies, but not quite a Lincoln or Cadillac? Just seems like an odd market segment.

>When was the last time Plymouth actually had a real car model?
The Prowler.
Yecch.
Before that was the Barracuda I think.

Yes, Mercury was basically Ford's Buick.

>Before that was the Barracuda I think.
Actually scratch that, there was the Cricket, which was a rebadged Hillman Avenger.

Draw a much clearer line between the POS line and the good stuff. E.G.

>Dart: $18,000
>Dart SRT4: $28,000

It's all downhill from here

I forgot about the Prowler. The other day I was just posting in a thread about it. Some dude who works nearby me has a yellow one and DD's it. He works a couple blocks from my work and we start at the same time so I'm always driving behind this Prowler at least twice a week and it's odd how much I see it. That guy and an old Merc 300C or E or some shit that I always see.

Why the hell would they release it under the Plymouth brand? Just to try and save the dying make I'm guessing.

And why the hell do Mercury and Buick even exist? I mean I know they appeal to seniors for some reason, but what the hell is the draw to them? You might as well just get a well-optioned Chevy or Ferd if you want a decent car without going full luxury, or get the Lincoln or Cadillac if you have money. Maybe it is some modesty thing where they can still have their boat with leather and not feel like they are paying an extra $10k for a badge.

I like the idea of the Scat Pack though. That's one of the problems with so many cars. If you want the optional V6 or V8 instead of the I4 or V6 respectively, you often have to spend a ton more on the "Unobtainium" package consisting of the V8, panoramic moon roof, heated leather seats, 8spd automatic, parking sensors, etc.

>that Bentley ripped RIICH logo in the background

lel, classy China

At least the shittiest companies have merged into one megashit company, easy to avoid them now

>How do you unfuck them?
>Dissolve crylser
>Fiat stays the same
???????
>Profit

Fiat
>Banish the 500L and 500x, but keep the 500.
>Bring over the Punto and Panda, but no diesels
Jeep
>Get rid of the Jeep Cherokee, Patriot, Compass.
>Keep the Jeep GC, Wrangler, and Renegade, offer a Cummins in the GC and Wrangler
Dodge
>Get rid of the Journey.
>Keep the Challenger, Charger, Durango, Viper,
>Redo the Dart, offer it in a hatch and 2 door model.
>Hellcat the Challenger, Charger, Durango.
>Offer a high performance version of the Dart
>Give Snek a convertible option
>Give a Cummins option for the Durango
Chrysler
>Keep the 300 and Pacifica
>Redo the 200
>Offer a V10 in the 300.
>Create a LWB 300.
Ram
>Get rid of the Ecodiesel, offer the 4 cylinder Cummins instead
>Power Wagon is a bare bones 2500 with Cummins, not a V8 gas
>bring back the Viper truck in a 2 door and Extended Cab
>Get rid of the chrome RAM logo, put in a more subtle painted logo
Alfa Romero
>Do nothing.

First get a general look at the company. Figure out why is FCA constantly at the bottom of reliability surveys. Improve QA. Profitability is also a priority. Currently, the PE ratio is 6, which is good but could be better. Continue to gut out the product line and focus on what turns profits. This will probably mean more pickups, less econoboxes. Less sportscars too, they're expensive to produce and make compliant with emissions. Pickups and heavy vehicles are easier to make compliant, and can turn a better profit. Get a consultant to see how the market is outside the United States. Probably other things, but that's what I can think of.

Bring back the PT Cruiser and Prowler

Close the Chrysler brand and be left with sweet FA.

cut Fiat entirely
keep the RAM trucks where theyre at maybe use higher quality parts
cut all 4 door jeeps and revert to the 4.0 I6 and only make 2 door models
remove any version of the charger/challenger that isnt hellcat or srt

Bring Maserati up. It's a potential brands that's only let down by Ferrari.

>You have been elected as the next CEO of FCA.
>How do you unfuck them?

Ditch all of the 15year old Mercedes platforms and pigfat boomer mobiles.

-go back to glorious turbo 4 cylinders like the 1986 Daytona
-bring back the AMC Eagle as a AWD rally monster with either a 2.0l turbo, l6, or l6 turbo
-kill the v8 in all but the ram
-make jeep a bare bones, budget off roader again not a mommy mall crawler.

Chrysler 300 Coupe and Convertible

Challenger convertible

Large chrysler luxury SUV on the Durango frame

If the 2.0 DOHC neon motor was so good why didn't they just keep developing it?

Wasn't it's chassis "good" too? why'd they make it into the caliber and pt cruiser, fuck. Why are they fucking around with Fiat's euroshit? To get away from all the help they got from Mistu and Daimler?

>ywn have QT first gen neon acr with SRT4 swap

>Scat Pack 500 Abarth
Make it RWD/AWD and I'm in.

This, had a shit Renault engine though

Why doesnt fiat sell all the weird shit it sells overseas in the us? With the right marketing it could position itself as the quirky weird shit brand like early scion or release a bunch of awd stuff to get people that subaru is too faggy for

I wish the Caliber sold better, especially the SRT trim. They were good lookin little cars.
>285/265 Power/Torque
>3200lbs
Could've been a MS3 killer

Done.

That would be a good car for like 250hp and 4wd with people tuning them to 300hp+.

With the E-Class, S-Class, 6-Series coupes, I wouldn't be suprised if they did it. As long as it looks good I'm fine with that.

Congrats, you killed FCA within 2 years.

Oh yeah and increase warranty to 10yr/100k mile to match the gooks and ease peoples fears of fix it again tony

>Maybe it is some modesty thing
It was in the case of Buick. They were doctor's cars since Cadillacs were considered too flashy but still had all the upscale items. It was only in the search for volume that GM debased the brand so badly that it's a mere shadow of what it once was.

Mercury never really had a mission other than to be a mid-level brand to go up against Pontiac and Oldsmobile and that's not really a reason to exist. Lincoln is almost as bad since it was formed to go against Cadillac and then bought by Ford to be Edsel's playground. Then Edsel died relatively young and the division never really had a mission again.

Bring back the avenger with AWD
Add convertible option to either charger or challenger
Make vehicles lighter

>Kill Dodge
>Focus on Alfa Romeo and Jeep not being shit
>profit

You can always bring back Dodge as a sports car brand with the Challenger and the Viper

Yeah I would love to see Lincoln try and actually make good cars again like Cadillac is actually doing. I mean I think the new Lincoln sedans are actually pretty nice but nothing really sets them apart. They need to roll out a new lineup and make a couple performance models like Cadillac's "V" so people actually remember the company still exists.

That wouldn't be bad. Keep Dodge as the Charger, Challenger, and possibly Viper. Nobody buys their SUVs so if anything just release another Jeep Commander for a large SUV bigger than the Cherokee and similar to the Durango or Suburban with 3rd row seating.

What the fuck does Chrysler even make now? Do they still have mini vans? If they do, kill that and keep the Dodge Caravan I guess because there is still a market with the cripples in wheelchairs. But idk what to do with the Chrysler 200 and 300, roll them into Dodge? Or just slap a fucking Fiat logo on them.

You are beautiful and real human beans, and don't let anyone tell you different.

SIMULATION FAILED, PLEASE EXIT THE POD FOR IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM THE GENE POOL

Probably the best actual answer. But if you optimized the whole thing for maximum profit, then it'd be Suzuki all over again, minus the sport bikes.
>heavy trucks and econoboxes for days
Does it turn a profit consistently? Yes, absolutely. Does it encourage growth of any kind? ...that's another story. With a lineup like that, no one but industry-minded fleet owners and people with next-to-no money will ever think of your company. And if your vehicles are actually worth buying, you'll soon see a dip in sales about ten years down the road, because those vehicles will be still running when you're still trying to sell the latest model.

Thats what killed them in the first place.
Americans want the pigfats, for better or for worse.
If only you could get a 392 in a car under 3800 pounds, then you would be in business.

Chrysler could disappear and no one would even notice.
America car manufacturers have never been relevant. Yanks only buy them out of of stupidity and pride.

>America car manufacturers have never been relevant
Early XX century Americans cars were a thing, most of them in the luxury market. Also Ford

If Ford didn't have a distinct Europe devision (that actually performs better than the parent company in every sector) they would have no world presence at all. Just like all the other yankie auto manufacturers.

Pull the plug on Chrysler-badged cars and Alfa Romeo will become FCA's new sports-luxury brand.

Bring back the Neon and the Dakota.

Lancia will only make 3 sports cars: The Stratos (a re-badged but more affordable version of the Alfa 4C), the 037 (a longer version of the 4C with the twin turbo V6 engine from the Giulia Quadrifoglio), and the Delta integrale (which will be re-badged and sold in America as the Neon SRT to compete with the Focus RS, Civic Type R, and the WRX/STI).

Fiat will only make the 500 and the 124 Spider.

Jeep will offer Wranglers with a 4-cylinder and V6 turbocharged diesel engines.

Dodge will bring back the Viper (hopefully for good) offering an Automatic/Twin-clutch transmission. In order to cut down on the price tag, the "normal" models will be comfortable GT cars and the only track-focused widowmaker will be the ACR.

Discontinue all OHV engines with newer 4 (or 5) valve DOHC naturally aspirated V8's (and V10 for the Viper).

The new Charger and Challenger will be based on a stretched version of the Giulia platform.

R/T version cars will have a de-tuned version of the Giulia's twin turbo V6.

SRT version cars will have one throttle body per cylinder allowing for an optional shaker hood to be fully functional.

Hellcat versions of the Charger and Challenger a will come with modified versions of the SRT engines including flat plane crankshafts.

Dodge will make 5000 Challengers with the Viper's powertrain and call it the Barracuda.

Dump 'Chrysler', and fix the fucking aerodynamics on the Fiat 500 so it doesn't throw off waves of turbulence.

Hnng

Only on the Abarth. Regular 500 doesn't need it.

you're aware that Buick is GM, aren't you?

To start with:
>move all manufacturing out of Italy
>move all engineering teams out of Italy
>fire any quality control teams based in Italy
>hell, fire all the quality control teams, they're fucking terrible at their job
>cut all Dodge products except for trucks and sports cars
>systematically phase out any American-built I4/V6 engines and drivetrains
>employ much better quality control and oversight personnel to monitor the production of Fiat's economy engines, since they're actually engineered pretty nicely
>drop Maserati entirely, no point wasting money on a brand no one cars about

Next step:
>bring back the Snek
>give it a twin turbo power pack option
>give it a factory hardtop option
>market it aggressively as a supercar-fighter
>upgrade the Fiat 124 Spyder with a 2.3L SkyActive Turbo engine
>market it as a Corvette-killer
>overhaul the transmission in every single Jeep for reliability, make it so you can turn the engine off when it's in neutral
>continue to improve quality control to the point where the damn cars achieve Toyota-level reliability

>Jeep will offer Wranglers with a 4-cylinder and V6 turbocharged diesel engines.
They already have a 2.8L CRD turbodiesel engine, though.

As for the V6, trust me, you don't want one of those stuffed into a Wrangler's engine bay. The 2.8 already has plenty of grunt for the car's needs, no point trying to stuff a heavier, more expensive, and awful to work on V6 turbodiesel into it.

I have no idea why my other post was deleted but they could and should do what GM does with Cadillac only the Chrysler way e.g.

>Dodge Charger Base $42,000
>Chrysler "Daytona" $49,000
>Dodge Charger SRT $56,000
>Chrysler "Daytona" SRT $65,000
>Plymouth Hellcat Superbird $CALL FOR PRICE / Eleventy billion dollars

>sell
>retire and never have to work again

buick sells tons of shit in china i think, I also believe that was the only reason why the brand survived the recession.

>eliminate dodge and fiat marques in north american market (the brands are too damaged); keep chrysler/jeep/ram
>replace with amc for nostalgia factor
>really aggressive branding (small logos for side doors, e.g.)
>sweep aside standard/ell/luxury and regular/performance gradations and cultivate an identity as cars for "power users;" add things like rearview cameras, etc. that are actually useful and have somewhat better engines than expected for the class, maybe make like an 8-speed system or something like that

Kill UAW and watch as the economy unfucks itself.

>60's vintage AMC pushrod I6 being worse than a modern V6
wow what a shocker

shut it all down

fuck that shitshow

Audi did it in the 80s on their first try, that's not a valid reason. It has to be some combination of interior politics and an uncertain market.

>Fiat: Leave them to building small Euroboxes, spend heavily on making vehicles more reliable
>Chrysler: Market as a mainstream brand, focus on Hybrids. Deepen partnership with Mazda following the Fiata. Build next 200 off of the Mazda 6, introduce a Chrysler 100 on the Mazda 3 platform. Build 400 and 500 crossovers build off the CX5 and CX9 to suck revenue out of normies pockets to finance fun cars.
>Dodge: Market as a solely RWD budget performance brand. Reintroduce Dart on the RWD Giulia architecture, put the new Charger and Challenger on the new Alfetta/Ghibli platform, introduce small RWD performance SUV on the Stelvio platform. With Chrysler handling normie crossover duties introduce next generation Durango as a more accessible big fun SUV, a poormans X5. Build an insanely overpowered V8 Fiata based roadster, market it as the Daytona. All Dodge branded vehicles will feature an economy minded I4 or V6 variant and a performance V8 range topping model. Spin Viper off into a sub-brand, add a four door coupe and hyper sedan model
>Jeep: Expand brand. Add a lifted AWD Charger based sedan and wagon to lineup as reincarnations of the AMC eagle to compete with Subaru and Volvo market these as the Jeep Eagle. Gradually more all models to rear wheel drive. Add a full sized Jeep pickup built off the Ram 1500 to lineup. Add a 1500 based extra large SUV to lineup to compete with the Suburban and Expedition. Top end models are as luxurious as the Escalade. Create an ultra premium halo vehicle to compete with the Bentayga. Diesel engines available in all vehicles.
>Ram: Add a small truck and Ute/El Camino type vehicle to range. Build a large Humvee type SUV for Arabs and Russians.
>Alfa Romeo: Compete directly with BMW and Jaguar with a full range from small roadsters to full sized limo and crossovers.
>Maseratti: Move up into the ultra luxury range to compete with Bentley, Rolls Royce and Maybach but much more fun to drive. Move into the $200,000+ price range.

Why did Fiat even buy Chrysler/Dodge to begin with? It seems ever since Fiat took over everything has gotten worse.

>It seems ever since Fiat took over everything has gotten worse.

>Hellcats
>Diesels
>Better interiors
>Hybrid platform developed for normies

How have things got worse?

>Hellcats
Still get's outsold z06's and cobras
>Diesels
How do you make a "better" diesel?
>Hybrid platform developed for normies
Which are complete ass when compared to Toyota or Honda
>Better interiors
Okay, I'll give you that. The interiors are really nice now.

I don't man, I still don't think Fiat did much.

>complete ass when compared to Toyota or Honda

That's true of every company

>I don't man, I still don't think Fiat did much.

Fiat got the 500 and Alfa 124 and Alfa 4c and maybe the Alfa Giulia to sell in the US and they got to use some of Chrysler's platforms to develop their own products.

This and advertise. The average normie doesnt even know what alfa romeo is

Are you guys ready to rev up those tax dollars to inevitably bail out Chrysler when Fiat pulls the plug? Think of the jobs it will save?$#%^&*!

I think I'm biased because when Fiat bought out Chrysler/Dodge I was expecting more from them. The few years Fiat has been in control seems to be mediocre at best.

Yeah Mercury was supposed to be a step up from the working man's Ford but not quite the luxurious Lincoln. It was indeed a weird market segment which is why Mercury also no longer exists.

mfw Ford and Chevy are the only relevant American manufacturers left

>Ford and Buick

ftfy something like 40% of GM revenue comes from them peddling fucking Lacrosses and rebadged Opels to Chinks; Chevrolet is pretty meh apart from their trucks and the Camaro. I do think it's awesome that they're still pressing through and trying to actively push diesels here though.

>i wan to RWD x!
This is how you lose money.
your average consumer gives no shit about which wheels are driven and FWD is cheaper to manufacture.
Stop appealing to feelings and Veeky Forums memes because you won't make any money from it.

>How do you unfuck them?

I don't. I'd just stick around long enough for my golden parachute and bug out as soon as I can.

>Dart Hellcat
kek okay then

sellout to ford

>Hellcat Grand Caravan
Sweet fuck yes.

Fiat wanted the Dodge dealer network in the US mostly.

Lol my ancient 350ci SBC does just fine

not comparable