Favourite automotive consumables thread

Favourite automotive consumables thread

I no longer own hand soap.

Never been a big fan of Goop. I like the stuff with pumice in it. Lava is an old favorite. Otherwise we have pic related in the Fleet bathroom at work so I go in there and clean the shit out of my hands at the end of the day.

Beat me to it.

I don't get it

apex seals

>spoonfeeding

wtf is that?

Thank you for explaining.

Ask your mum.
We'll be done in half an hour.

I used a shit ton of white lithium grease while working at mitsu. I'd put it on the hub ridges where the rim sits. For some reason mitsus are REALLY BAD for galvanic corrosion and wheels will stick like a MOTHERFUCKER.

pic isn't bad at all. Must be all of the de-icing shit they put on the roads.

Aluminum anti seize works best for that.

Brutal

x2
probably have 10 or so cans around at any given time all at different levels

4u

>somehow manage to meet a qt on bumble
>its xmas eve so maybe she was just feeling charitable
>meet her for drinks
>'so user, what do you do?'
>can of pb blaster begins slowly sliding out of pocket
>'i-i like to r-restore japanese cars from the 1990s'
>'oh. no, i mean like your job'
>can of pb blaster drops out of pocket and clangs around on the cheap linoleum
>'n-neet m-masterrace.'
>'user im not really sure what that means? i just asked you what you do.'
>'w-well i'm not a w-wageslave.'
>cans of pb blaster begin slowly dropping out of pockets one by one
>'i-i think i s-should go.'
>get up and turn around
>pb blaster cans begin shooting out of pockets at a rate of 200 per minute
>start spinning around while screeching and trying to get it under control
>qt hit in the head with 3 at full velocity
>run out of the store while screeching
>mommy picks me up in my mine 1991 mr2 with only 336k miles
>cry the whole way home

hehehe

>le spaghetti meme!
i kekd tho

*insert picture of 93 octane gas*

>yellow

this stuff will cause skin cancer

I do a lot of car work, but I honestly only use like 1 can every year. And I live in the rust belt.

You dont need a lot to break things loose

It's been years since I've been a mechanic and worked in a garage but I'll never forget that smell of that paste. And brake cleaner.

All you really need

This shit sets my hands on fire for some reason so I use pic related. Can't work on a dodge without it

>Tfw local advance auto parts has a buy one get one sale
>I bought ten cans

Disposable blue nitrile gloves

Very true I have boxes of these I don't care I prefer to keep my hands clean and I work in a shop environment and it's also very good for not transferring grease and contaminants from one job to the next

You aren't supposed to get brake cleaner on you, idiot.

>Not using nuclear grade anti seize

Got a can of this from work shits legit

We all gotta die sometime man, at least I'll die with non greasy hands

Nigga they make specialized soaps to remove grease. Hell your everyday kitchen dish soap will remove grease like nobodies business, I'm talking Dawn or Palmolive.

It washes all the oil off your hands.
I mean ALL the oil, from the top couple layers, including the oil that's supposed to be there naturally.

Yeah cause there won't be any skin on your hands to collect grease because it will have all fallen off because you destroyed all the cells of your skin. You're not tough or cool using brake clean to clean your hands, you're just making it so you won't be able to feel.anything with your hands in 10 years. Just please don't use chlorinated brake clean if you continue to do this

Luckily it only takes 30 minutes to change them or I'd sell my car.

>dermatitis
literally the worst thing that could happen.

Its shit when you have to use moisturizer on your hands every time you've worn gloves, had a shower, washed your hands or similar

so satisfying washing you hands after a long gre-e-e-easy day

>All this salt

Out of all the things in this fucked up polluted world that can kill, dismember, rot or fill my body with cancerous tumors cleaning my hands with non chlorinated brake parts cleaner is at the very bottom next to lead fishing weights and ammunition

>Mfw everything gives you cancer in the state of California

Can confirm, been a mechanic for 3 years now and I have to use fucking doctor-prescribed Antroquoril cream to keep my skin from cracking, peeling, and itching like I dipped it in a pit of fire ants. Shit sucks.

You guys know what's better than having to scrub your skin with aggressive cleaning compounds and dig grime out from under your nails?

A cheap box of disposable gloves. They help prevent scratches and can give you a moment to move your hands away from particularly hot components, and prevent all that carcinogenic used oil from soaking into your skin, too.

And for cleaning your arms or washing away any crap that manages to get on your hands from torn gloves, there's Motorcraft hand cleaner.

Shit's wonderful and effective.

>Budweiser
>not Öttinger

That are the seals of a dorito engine, including the infamous apex seals.

>loctite
>lubricant
is this magic?

Do you also post your keister in sissy threads? Because that's what you sound like.

>This shit sets my hands on fire for some reason so I use pic related.
If you have thin or damaged skin, then it's possible the nerve endings are closer to the surface. Nerves use a lipid sheath to cover them. So it's no wonder that degreaser makes your nerve endings burn as the lipid (fat) sheath is attacked.

coating your discs with this stuff does wonders for brake wear

You know it! I guess it makes me and everyone else in my workshop a sissy for wanting to look after our hands, even the guys who have been in the industry for 35 years. It's like one huge gay orgy in our workshop 24/7, we use diff oil to lube our 2" micropenises and sniff the seats of all the cars that we work on. We don't even ask our customers to pay, the opportunity to suck them off is payment enough! Pic related is my boss, he sucks more shit than an enema machine.

Glad you're an honest pussy.

jej

But what about when you drop the fucking ratchet in the oil drain pan and nasty black diesel oil splashes all down your arm and on your face? That's the way she goes, bub.

That sounds like an ideal opportunity to use some sort of hand cleaner, something a bit stronger than dish soap. You can get hand cleaner without grit in it. Goop, Fast Orange, whatever. They're both good, and you should keep some around even if you never use it.

It also does wonders for the gene pool

can someone tell me what the twingo is actually saying to the mazda?

Well they wouldn't invent it if it wasn't useful :^)

See Gloves are preventative, the motorcraft stuff is for when shit gets messy.

>drop the fucking ratchet in the oil drain pan
That usually doesn´t happen if you`re not a retard.

Why is everyone in this thread who doesn't have any experience wrenching such an aggressive cunt?

Dude if that hasn't happened to you that means you need more wrenching time.

It'll happen.

I do all maintainance on my motorcycle and my car myself, dropping a rachet usually doesnt happen.

Y'know what doesn't happen?
You doing your own maintenance. Have fun getting cucked by the shop.

tires

t. butthurt faggit

t. busrider

That's all well and good, but when you're hurrying to service 4+ cars a day, 5 days a week, 48 weeks of the year, you drop shit. Trust me. When your hands/gloves are slick with oil, coolant, and grime, it's sometimes impossible to avoid dropping something.

It used to give my hands a freezing feeling like mad. But if you have cuts even old cuts on your hands you WILL feel it.

Sure thing, butterfingers. I've been a technician for 15 years and that's never happened to me. Sure I've slipped and busted my knuckles, and even dropped a tool or two in the engine bay. But never in a pot of oil splashing myself.

Also
>4 cars a day

You suck.

You know we're all jealous of your ability to drop tools 15% less than the rest of us, right? Can you, like, frig off so we don't feel worthless?

Stop being a priss. I drop shit, but not into vats of oil that are also right next to my face. Sounds like something that would only happen to a shade tree lying on his back in the driveway.

Wow, did you go to some kind of avant-garde reformation school where they teach you to dole out some SICK BURNS? I might cut myself on that edge, dude.

Yeah, it wasn't Tumblr university where they teach you to be offended when you're pretending to be something you're not and get called on it.

>But what about when you drop the fucking ratchet in the oil drain pan

Get a magnet

Comeback of the century bud, who's offended again? I can see the angery through my screen, stop posting

t15 bits

Stuff of the gods

Toss-up between this and copper/silver loctite.

nissan owners pls

Bite My Wallets too

>Mfw getting PB blaster and dirt drip into your eyes trying to open up a stuck fuel pressure line.

Favorite consumable would have to be WD40.

>you suck
No, that's just our average throughput for general servicing, plus whatever repairs we have going on at the time. There's only 3 actual mechanics including myself. If all we did was spin filters and drop oil all day I'm sure we'd get through double that amount, but we simply don't have enough customers on a daily basis for it, and repair work / upselling is generally more profitable for us than SERVICE SERVICE SERVICE like at a dealership.

Yes, I have butterfingers, and I envy people with better coordination than me. Shit runs in the family, nothing I can do about it aside from tell you to get off your high horse and take it up the ass, you egotistical prat.

>millionth of an inch

If this is true, I might have to order this to Finland

foxbody owner?

>Working with fuel systems without glasses
Could have been worse my boy

I own a late 80's turbo Toyota
Guess what I own?

I was about to say, isn't gas mostly clear?