TRUCKS! but only light trucks

Well guys my old B2600i gave up.
What should i buy next? I want more power because i often haul wood or dirt bikes or scrap metal. Dont really want a full size unless its a tundra. But toyota tax is HIGH in my area. (Damn rednecks)
Suggestions?
Would it be acceptable to get an SUV and mount a motorcycle rack to the back?
Also general truck discussion

Other urls found in this thread:

westslope.craigslist.org/cto/5930290333.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Buy a Syclone

>impossible to find
>as expensive as a good toyota
>no ground clearance
Nah. Cool truck though

Good luck. Less then 3K made and at least 1 surrendered to Clunkers, and god only knows how many shipped off to the scrap yard for a billion other reasons.

If you want more power v6 rangers and s10s are pretty much all you're gonna find that's not a Toyota

Tundras are garbage and you should feel bad for wanting one

Ive had a v6 s10 in the past. It was nothing but trouble.
Ive driven v6 rangers and they are ok. Working on them is a nightmare.
Whats wrong with tundras? They see 300k miles all the time.

not him but

>Tundras are garbage and you should feel bad for wanting one

I don't know about newer ones but I have a 01 that is in perfect condition. Their achilles heel was the RUST in the FRAME, thankfully this one's frame was sprayed at the dealer with the rubber compound thing, and every other year it was rustproofed. The frame is mint. Mind you, I live in Ontario, capital of salted as fuck roads

Other cons: The interior is pretty spartan, horrible on gas.

4x4
4.7L v8

You should be able to find a work truck f-150 or chevy 1500 with a couple hundred thousand miles for dirt cheap, while still reliable. My GMC 2500 had 342,000 miles and drove amazing. $2,500.

Junk

>4.7
Not even once. By far the worst Chrysler v8

All it takes is to over heat one time and the valve seats drop out and trash everything

Honestly I was going to buy a toyota pickup or tacoma like my friends all have, but changed my mind after driving them. Makes my Mountaineer feel like a damn Range Rover or something. Sooo comfy, yet far more capable than them in stock vs stock form. Trucks solid axle + leaf springs are great for truck things, but when empty, they just bounce around on the trails.

The toyo pu tax is ridiculous for what they are. If you mow lawns, then get one.

Thank you for this information.

I'm the mountaineer guy, but yeah Tacoma is the only way to go.

Colorado/Canyon's 5 cylinder sucks, The 4 cylinder underpowered, v8 rare and sucks gas.

Frontier is a genuine good truck, and their prices are close to Tacomas. Might as well get the Taco

Dakota nah m8

Honda Ridgeline - I'm unbiased, if you ride a CRF give them at least a chance. I love seeing rigdelines with the Honda Powersports sticker and bikes in the back.

Ranger - My dad and two brothers have had them. Always wrenching on them for something. Even the clutch, master, slave cylinders, gear box. Nothing seemed like it was reliable on them. Except the 3.0 iron horse.

They've since, stepped up to big boy trucks.

S10 zr2 with v6
Love mine

Ive also had a 4.0L ranger and a f250 and a ford exploder.

S10 has been best so far

There are 5.2 Dakotas too. That's what I came in to recommend for OP but I'm a Mopar guy. Also he should get a 5 speed not an automatic and he'll become a Mopar guy too. It's all the shit packages sold to plebs that get Chrysler a bad name. The average moron assumes a 4.9 auto Dakota and a 5.2 5-speed Dakota are essentially the same truck and buy the former because it's the one sitting in front of them. Go to the effort of finding a good trim, learn to live with body rust and you'll have way more truck than the same money will buy you from another manufacturer.

My brother had a 88 Dakota with the 3.9 and let me tell you, the amount of time that thing was on the rev limiter could be counted in hours.

Never had any problems from it and after two years of abuse it drive itself to the scrap yard

Yeah but OP said he hauls refrigerators and firewood and shit.

>Tundras are garbage
so are chevy, ford, dodge, and everyone other make of truck

that's why you never see trucks on the road

What about 1970s v8s?

>Pic related the aforementioned Dakota

i'm not much of a technical person, but can't you just engine swap a preferred engine into one of these small trucks and get rid of the stock engine arguments? or do performance mods? isn't this what car guys do?

2WD
3.7L V6
>Feelsbadman

Find yourself a nissan hardbody or a frontier

>1 surrendered to Clunkers
Really?

That list is the most rage inducing thing you will ever see

Its like seeing WWII guns getting turned in to police buy backs

Im not a scumbag

>not driving a car just because of other owners

hurr

Nissan is objectively shit.
Plus why would you buy a hardbody or frontier when the hilux and tacoma exist?

because theyre not and theyre cheaper than toyotas.

>cheaper
Something a poor scumbag would say

>implying anyone on Veeky Forums has money

Lol it does not look happy about that load. I really only know about 90s trucks.

Yeah, but that's what bump stops are for

To be fare though it was a fully dressed 318 with a 727 trans bolted to it all hanging three feet off the back

lol

Why does no one make a good truck?

>but only light trucks
what the hell, man?

westslope.craigslist.org/cto/5930290333.html

wtf?

Suggest a good full size
>chevy
Lol transmission
>ford
Lol spark plug gun
>dodge
Just lol

How do you just let your car "give up"?

Why don't you constantly rebuild it and keep it running forever.

Did you even hold its hand as it passed?

t. rx7 owner

$2000 for a new engine is too much for an old truck.
May as well upgrade
>protip
Upgrades dont really exist

because most truck buyers only like shit vehicles.

Pretty much
I guess its too much to ask for a light 4x4 with a 4cyl and at least 200hp.
Its not even hard to do...

How much would it cost to take this^ to that

>fenders
>hood
>bed
>suspension
>wheels
>tires
I dunno the cost

FUUUUUAAARRRKKKKK I WANT A TOYOTA AGAIN

Save this pic anons and share the Toyota Pickup Love

I had one before my b2600i
It was so slow, it was painful to drive.
Couldnt do it.

fiberglass hood and fenders, maybe $2000 new
labor to chop up the bed
Labor to install suspension, and suspension, can range be as high as $2,500 for just the front. Rear leafs are cheap.

People who want trucks don't want hp. All they care about is cheap Torks.

I want the cx-3, with the turbo 4 that has all that low end torque, 4x4, with just the front seats in the cab with a bed that hangs off the back a bit. And raise a bit, obviously.

So a subaru baja xt?

>subaru baja xt
No that's 4 seats and seems larger.

I'm sure he didn't haul it anywhere except maybe away from the donor and backed up to the recipient. user was talking about getting up to road speeds.

>Not owning based 5.9l magnum dakota rt

>owning a ticking time bomb