Merry Christmas Veeky Forums, did you buy your shitbox any presents this year?

Merry Christmas Veeky Forums, did you buy your shitbox any presents this year?

I think my relatives got me a new shiftknob for my miata

I might sell my shitbox to some high school kid for Christmas

Yea, but I haven't installed it yet

I've been lazy

Just looking at rebuild kits for the alternator.
Hopefully I'll get around to replacing the clutch, had that kit for a while now.

Might get some work done on the mx5 also this holiday.

I just fixed my radio so I can blast eurobeat down the toegay. First time working on a car and I love how 80s toyota interiors are all 8mm and phillips. Next I'm probably going to get it a cone filter to clean up the engine bay a little. Feels good working on your shitbox on Christmas.

I'm buying headers, an hei distributor and an alternator for 100$ today. Those will just be a few more things off the list for the v8 swap. So far I've bought a carb, motor stands, disk brake I beams and a heater so far. All I've installed is the heater though

I bought him a Black Ice tree. Shit was all over here and I'm trying to be more into cars so I thought a fucking meme would be a good start.

Oh and I bought a battery because the old one ended up like this

i changed its oil earlier this week and somehow managed to screw that up and made a huge mess of my driveway as oil poured out of the filter.

yes
a new (used) rear axle and a whole new exhaust system thing
> cat (and headers) new
> middle pipe new
> bigass fartmuffler

Bought the Jeep some blue trees, rubber floor mats, and a pinion yoke. Got the cavalier a valve cover gasket.

Nope. It's getting cleaned out between xmas and new years, though. Maybe even washed.

Is that soft brake lines, or 50ft brake lines? If the latter, that's way too much.

Soft, between the chassis and the front hub.

My handwriting is atrocious

I know what soft lines are, and they're called brake hose fwiw. Just read it as 50ft the first time, then soft the second so just wanted to clarify.

Yeah lol 50ft of brake line would be ridiculous.

I fucking hate making brake lines

I got myself a dashcam and my sister said she'd be getting a full exhaust system and a CAI for me as well

I must be the only person on the planet that enjoys it. Whenever brake line jobs come into the shop everyone will bitch and complain if they're assigned to do them, but if I'm not busy with something else I'll jump at the chance. Fucking hate bleeding though.

>I got myself a dashcam
Which one? Been looking at getting one myself.

Honestly I might just pay a shop to install the disks. I don't have the time of day to do it

If you're spending your time to make the money that builds the car, there's no shame in getting help with the work.

I've been treating her right, fixing all the stuff I shortcutted first time around.

Even got her insured and ready to roll.

Toying with the idea of getting a bullbar

I washed it exterior finally clean and washed its engine bay and got it new power steering fluid

>him

Got anymore pics m8? looks nice!

Cheers.

Only got dramatic InstaWhore pics unfortunately.

I'm spending my time with my job, and with eating ass. But I work 5 days a week and I don't have a garage so there's that

I bought an oem manifold since i got a fix it ticket for the exhaust
Also ordered a hood bra

>wasting money on devaluing objects
lol, fags

I got a ps4 pro

I'll buy my van a repair, after I put a dent in the side last week.

Ok, I'll just have more fun with my shitbox than you could have with your ps4.

Got a bunch of shit for my shitbikes, and a new front turn signal assembly for my car because I busted the old one.

No, it's a shitty moneypit and doesn't deserve anything outside a good thrashing.

>he thinks his shitty console isn't a devaluing object

>xbox fags gettin triggered

Got some slotted rotors for my cuhrolla

My wife bought me new hatch lifts/struts or whatever you call the things that hold the hatch up for my 87 rx7. And my parents probably got me tools. My present for my cars will be acctually having some time to finish installing the new brakes for my rx7 (rusted so bad i couldnt collapse the piston to get new pads on, i already had to replace the front ones in August since one piston kept sticking, was stored in someones back yard for 5 yeats before i got it) and then figuring out whats causing the super soft brake pedal on my 79 corona wagon. My bet is the master cylinder assembly has worn out seals since i haven't noticed any fluid loss.

I gave my car a manipedi

I bought her new wheels and tires and rebuilt + painted the calipers

>>>

Used one of those $10 headlight kits.
Actually worked really well. They were super orange/fogged before using the kit.
They look pretty much new now. Only thing you can see is if you put your face like 5 inches from the lights you can see some swirls from sanding it.
I'm really surprised at how well they turned out.

looks like that's not all you painted

Lol

That was there when I bought the car, that whole plastic piece has bad overspray on it. I assure you the calipers were off the car when i painted them

My mom bought me a new SC400 rear axle because i'm broke and in college and I crashed it trying to drift to impress girls. I wish I was lying.

Your mother sounds like a really nice woman user, be sure to thank her.

Steeda ultralites and koni strts for the mudstang

>Mfw stock radio in turd gen gave out 2 days ago and last night my boss gave me a $100 gift card so I'll prolly go buy a tolerable unit

pretty much this its been piling up since her birthday.
RC-T4's, bc coils, 4/2pot. new steering rack will be added to that too. Want to get all the parts and then blow the whole load in one go.

I've bought enough shit for it. Apparently I need to replace a CV axle (in addition to all the other bullshit it's doing) but I've spent more money and time on it in the last two months than I should have. So I bought a NC. Nicest thing I've ever had and I'm 31.

a tube of 2-stroke oil for my gf's diesel saxo

and I guess I'll actually change the timing belt on my civic, although it doesn't need to be done. meh, lets hope it adds resale value.

I got a new controller and new batteries for my electric moped.
My car just got a few new tools.

new shocks for the hatch and trunk springs

going to be above feezing tomorrow so a car wash is in the cards too

car cover for miat

Replaced the rear breaks last owner was downright abusive and had been wearing them down to nothing.

Works giving me Monday and Tuesday off so I'm gonna go around the wrecking yards looking for a grille and tuning knob for its radio

maf

>Devaluing objects
>gets an electronic
yee

*opens gift*

>its a dido

Got my Miata an R-pkg lip and quarter window vent

>HD280
I'm sorry

I like them (it's a HD280 Pro, not the standard one)
it's good enough to shit on gaymen headsets, but not expensive like anything much better

>GoodWin
So... what sort of Miats?

I got driving gloves from my mom.

Post them

Don't mean to crush your dreams, but they will be back to faded in about 6 months.

TRD limited slip and mudflaps for my meme machine tofumobile

I bought a shitbox for Christmas, does that count?

>didn't buy a notch back

I bouth A shitbox this year! His Christmas gift was a new home, where it'll be cared and loved.
New lamps(left side is broken) new indicator switch(also broken) and a set of authentic OZ japan Gt-evos also provided.

>notch back
>not glorious fast-hatch back master race
>not pretending that you own a Levin

>tfw Foxbody is dream car
>tfw it's still out of reach

Got a phone holder I have been wanting for awhile .

Some WRX seats to upgrade the shitty lolwhat'sabolster factory seats.

ND, red

just a wash for the ol' rustang. most of the money went to buying the woman presents. must be getting old. mid 20's making me feel geriatric.

merry christmas y'all!

Nah it's cool, I know this is only a temporary solution. But hey, $10 and 20 minutes every 6 months for clear headlights is fine with me.

>new head unit and speakers
>mother surprised me with new all terrain tires

Feels good man.

Nothing yet but I put in a brand new Yonaka exhaust this month. Now it's very quiet for a shitbox Honda which is out of the norm. I love it.

Next up is a set of the cheapest Chinese tires I can get my hands on and a set of Ground Controls to put on my Koni Yellows.

Post aftermath

Bought the Mighty Max a bath and going to get it undercoated so it'll survive a winter in Northern Michigan.

Bought and installed a new clutch kit and flywheel to my shitbox for Christmas, along with new tires.

Bought test pipes for the Z32 and timing belt components for the S14. May pick up some cams before the year is over.

My roommate won Christmas. He sent Wat-tan, the wat logo, Bakuon reference art, etc to some pixiv artists and had some posters made for me

Ordered this dope knob.
Exedy clutch, brand new flywheel.

Looks like a funny coffee mug

Its polished and weighted.
Feels great to use.
My interior is bland black/grey, so i wanted a little color to throw in it without being too tacky

>rainx'd windshield
>new wipers
>added oil
>inflated tires
>replaced hubcap

All in all just some little things.

I got a low profile jack. Very handy since my other is a bitch if I'm using it on anything but the jeep.

Mum bought me my first car, 2003 1.2 Silver VW Polo

>tfw nearly 24

>passed my test the other week
>didn't realise driving a new car would be that much different clutch wise
>stall fucking loads driving home from getting the car
>didn't realise you have to push the gearstick down and sat in Tesco's car park fighting with the gearstick

Went alright after that though apart from going on the kerb when I was parking at the end.

How did I pass my driving test yet fuck up so much in this car.

I learnt in a diesel, are they much different clutch wise to petrol? The Polo needs more revs to get going, my instructors Citroen ds3 didn't need any and was really forgiving.

Is it hollow?

Grandma bought me a new a safety kit, and a car vacuum. Not bad

I got a tow rope and like 3 wunderbaums, im ready to gat fresh

Small engines with gas are unforgiving, but once you get good with them you'll be a god with anything else. Keep at it! Took me a while but I'm glad I stuck with it.

nah man lol. It's a sphere with the Automatic pattern

I really like VW's push-to-reverse shifters. They are fun to watch when unsuspected people try to drive it, also