WRX/STIs, what went wrong?

WRX/STIs, what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=crKCJiOFF-k
youtube.com/watch?v=_76vtd4RjC0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nothing, that's why it is still being built.

its a riced Corolla

>its a riced Corolla
The corolla is aleady full on raced.

Real question is STI engine in a BRZ when?

>continuing the EJ engine
I'm waiting for an FA STI.

STI tuned FA20 please

Never. It would interfere with STI sales.

it wouldnt
acting like Subaru is the one who's keeping the gt86 cucked is silly

>eveything
no wagon in burgerland anymore

So?

Subaru stopped giving a shit because the car sells itself to vape meisters and monster energy enthusiasts without them even trying.

Is that with the seats dropped? I can fit in so much with mine.

It's not as strong as the EJ series, just search for FA20 failure.

As a previous owner of an 04 and then 08 STi.

They never increase power or torque, when the STi came state side it was amazing because that power for that money.

Look at a V6 mustang now, sure it lacks a bunch of the cool features and AWD of the Subaru line but for bang-for-buck its hard to beat a V6 stang, or Turbo Stang etc.

They stopped being competitive, and also design went more "Main stream" Instead of continuing down boyracer avenue.

>searches FA20 failure
one specific thread about a specific instance of rod knock
>searches EJ20 failure
"HOW CAN WE KEEP OUR EJ20S FROM FAILING"
"STI WON'T START, SHOULD I JUST BUY A NEW MOTOR?"
"WHEN WILL SUBARU PRODUCE A DIRECT-INJECTION STI???"

Subaru is the Apple of cars. They make an okay product and never really improve anything because their fanboy cult will buy anything they make.

They didn't really improve the engine. It would not be that bad if it stayed light. Also the sti cost the price of a pony with a v8.

You're confusing them with tesla

really hate the old ones, but the new ones are super nice...

Cvt. Diesel.
Hatchback

They never sold a coupe in America.

>heavier, slower, more expensive every year

it wasn't a sudden change. they continued to trade performance and value for luxury and refinement

the sti was a shining start in performance/$, and today it just isnt

tried to copy evo's styling and failed

They keep getting heavier but only marginally more powerful, the 2.5 is weaker than the old 2.0s, they're becoming more like the evo and less old school fun

>Tripfag
Yeah your off your rocker, cunt.

Because wagons are for fucking bums who syphon daddy's income for hur dur car parts because they can go faster, but they are still in a fucking wagon.

literally everything

The base car is ugly modern trash

They decided to literally copy the EVO X

Thats a lot of projecting going on. Did someone at highschool get an wrx wagon?

wagons are for retarded jalopnik "car journalists"

The engine is in the wrong model.

what is considered the best model, power and money wise?

The GC8

youtube.com/watch?v=crKCJiOFF-k

The P1 in the UK if you can stretch to it, more expensive than the JDM models, but appreciating now

the several years they were awful hatchbacks. thank god that's over with

>it's an "Americans think sedan equals style and prestige" episode

so thats literally the reason it has a shit engine

subaru confirmed it

Really? So what's holding the toyota/scion version back?

you got them mixed up somehow

yep seats down and push as far in as it will go
meh i bought that on my own with my own money.

I don't know if anything has gone wrong. I can't figure out who the fuck is buying these fucking cars but it looks like it's selling very well considering they're still making them. The car is an overpriced meme.

Cool, it has AWD

Cool, it has a boxer engine that is impossible to work on but at least its unique

Cool, they can be modded (so can anything else)

But the rest of the car is average. The geometry is complete shit and not designed with performance in mind. Weight distribution is shit. Looks like a fucking corolla or civic with a wing on the back and some meme hood ornament.

It's not a bad car. It's just overpriced, imo, by at least $10k

The latest gen sti/wrx has one of the stiffest chassis on the market today

The GC8 STI was insane, much smaller and lighter than modern models, with an objectively better engine than the 2.5cuck

The last actual improvement was the GDB with the ej207 v7, one of the best motors ever made. It's been downhill from there

I don't understand why burgerclaps hate wagons so much. Then go around and nut their shorts over crossovers.

Dumb fucking morons

motherfucker they literally copied the evo x so suck my hair dick

fuck off bitch nigger juden mitsushitty is btfo in usa so your argument is invalid.

Sounds like allot of kids here can't afford one

My 2016 WRX is fueled by your salty tears. Please, keep it coming.

>i dont understand why people have different views and opinions than me... they must be stupid!

Is it really that unfathomable that different geographically regions are going to have difference in preference?

Well their preference is objectively stupid

Crossovers are nothing more than lifted wagons. There is no point in doing a lift to a wagon.

The bonnet scoop is functional though, it doesn't have fake vents like the Mustang

>their preference is objectively stupid
>you FEEL that their preference is objectively stupid

I dont think you really understand the meaning of that word
Can you see how silly you are being?

You're objectively stupid.

it does have fake vents in the plastic housing near the fogs

Their agreement to stick to shitty subaru engines

The new 2017 WRX?

Fucking nothing its an amazing car for the price. 25k for an AWD, turbocharged 4 door with the ability to tune it beyond 300hp

>what went wrong?

Mitsubishi got bored, went home, and left Subaru to play by himself.

The only competition Subaru has now comes from companies not interested in making sedans that outperform their flagship cars.

I seriously wish Honda or Acura or Nissan would just make an AWD manual sporty sedan to compete with subaru

Jesus christ every maker has stopped making sporty cars

>civic Si is fucking neutered
>nissan hasn't made any sporty things in forever
>mitsubishi doesn't make lancers, galants or anything anymore
>acura just follows honda shit, doesn't make anything remotely sporty for under 30k

jesus christ end it now

what's a good price for a used 2006/2007 WRX/STI ?
Most of them go for 22000 bucks at my local places

I've found a base model impreza for 5000, which i'll probably get due to being a poorfag
pic related

An '06 sti shouldn't be $22,000. What the fuck is wrong with vapefags?

An engine that's over decade old in the STI's case.

A fully loaded '06 sti should be $15k at the very most, and that's if it is in perfect condition. Base WRX of the same year probably $8k or $9K.

Don't buy used cars from dealerships unless you like getting assfucked.

>A fully loaded '06 sti should be $15k at the very most
Maybe 4 years ago but the gen 2 STIs are hitting borderline collectible status. A clean example with lowish mileage will easily sell for 20k+ and that price is only going to go up as fewer and fewer stay in decent shape. If you wanted a cheap one in good shape you missed the boat. Just buy new if you're actually going to drive the car.

>Jesus christ every maker has stopped making sporty cars

Why should they make them anymore? Vast majority of the market doesn't give a single flying fuck about driving, they only care about buying jelly bean shaped crossovers with egg-beater CVT transmissions. Car makers are just going where the money is, and dropping anything that doesn't directly make profits. Car makers don't even have to maintain an image of performance or racing pedigree, because again, vast majority of the buying public don't know and don't care.

>same EJ257 from 13 years ago
>car now weighs 200lbs more and looks like a base model Civic with a with an autozone wing
I will still never drive anything else

Nah if you entered either car brand you'd be right

I bought a base 2017 wrx because it's fun to drive with awd, adequate space and mpgs, pretty quick, and pretty cheap.

there are plenty of examples of over priced STis on NASIOC that have been for sale for waaaay too long because the moron owner thinks it is worth $5k too much.

It's all about the EJ22t/EJ20G/257s mate

EJ207 master race, nothing else comes close

>adequate mpgs
The computer in mine SAYS it's averaging 23mpg, but when I manually calculated it using trip odometer and gallons filled I'm actually getting 18.5mpg

Interesting, i'll have to pay attention. Thanks for mentioning it.

>EJ207
I wish I could find one of those here. I had to settle for the EJ20K.

Simply? They sold out.

They created a dull, boring AWD turbo camry so they could have mass appeal and sell more units. I absolutely love earlier subarus especially the 04-07 STIs.

And as other people have mentioned the STI has made the same power and the engine is essentially the same since 04 while adding weight to the car. The engine now is actually worse than the earlier ones considering all the ringland problems.

GC8 > Hawkeye > Blobeye > Bugeye

The fanbase. Literally all of the problems can be traced back in one way or another to the vapelord.

Vapefag detected

>Muh 06 Subaru is a collectors car hurrr

Everything desirable becomes collectible eventually, or maybe you're just the guy who sold a Supra in 1999.

>nissan hasn't made any sporty things in forever

>370Z
>Juke
>GT-R

>370Z
Looks like it's for numales

build quality

My dad bought a 370Z Nismo new, cannot remember what year. It's only numale if you drive it like a numale.

>juke

LOL thanks for the laugh, this ugly piece of shit isn't sporty at all. It's literally a small rogue

>the nissan juke can be defined as sporty

It's not too expensive really, not too heavy, has decent power. Hopefully it'll be updated soon

It can, shitlord

The Nissan Juke is literally faster and handles better than anything you anti-Nissan shills drive.

i am not an """"anti-nissan"""" shill

nissan has made some fantastic cars over the years, but the juke is certainly not one of them.

it's an ugly, shitbox, crossover which probably has the god-awful nissan CVT in it.

the only juke that can be defined as sporty is the juke r.

Take your shitty trip off, you think you're gonna be famous here or some shit? The only people who are remembered are furry shitposters and VIN checkers, who the fuck are you?

The maxima r is faster than that piece of shit

The sentra nismo is more of a sporty car than that

Garbage, boxers have no place in FR cars. FA20 would have literally been a way better choice, even a revised BEAMS would've been miles ahead

mate, i can't believe i've had to explain this twice already.

i've been here for a while, it's just that i have more free time now. i don't do it for fame, i do it because you stupid niggers think i samefag in gook threads.

anyways, just because nissan has made the juke r, doesn't mean the rest of the juke lineup is sporty whatsoever.

What an ugly turd

>boxers have no place in FR cars. FA20 would have literally been a way better choice

the FA is a flat engine...

You should probably take it off, because no one cares if you're samefagging or not, and you look like a tool

incorrect

youtube.com/watch?v=_76vtd4RjC0

I fucked up I meant the F20C lol

YES

desu i enjoy their stuff, but their positive outlook on the faggots who strip their TDIs before the buyback kills it.
especially promoting that one ohio fag who even took out the seats, i hope he gets forced to put it back...

i hate people who do these kinda shit to "stick it to the corporations"

>says "incorrect"
>posts a video of a fucking showcase not a race between the maxima r and juke