Are real sports cars worth owning?

Are real sports cars worth owning?

Why not have a perfectly simulated, maintained, and driveable car 24/7?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vFYHovJEUBg
sixflags.com/overgeorgia/store/tickets#dailytickets
youtube.com/watch?v=NeaqnfBWRtc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because a 5 million dollar simulator will never ever come close to the tactile feel of even a $500 shitbox. I bet you think a fleshlight is close enough to "the real thing" too.

but new cars don't have any feeling

they all weigh 3500lbs and have electronics that take all the feeling and control away

savage

check'd dubs too

If you drive automatic

Why not both? I have a VR sim rig and a sports car.
t. /ovg/

Get a used car from the 90s or early 00s instead of a new one, like a NA miata or a BMW E36.

>moving a lever makes everything else less shit

it doesn't

Cause even the best Sim isn't gonna to give me the feelsof being pulled into the seat or into the door on a hard turn

because it's not perfectly simulated

not everyone wants to own an antique

certainly not when you can afford newer

>buying new
Anno Domini MMXVI, the year where a new car is less fun to drive than the same make and model from 10-20 years ago in shitbox form

>isn't gonna to give me the feelsof being pulled into the seat

if all you care about is g's then go on a roller coaster, it's cheaper

jumping off a bridge is even cheaper

If you donnt like how new cars handle, you might consider getting a older car.

>what is comparing cost of ownership and track usage fees

fpbp5irwjn

kekkk
OP should try it out

>dying because lol 80s-early 90's safety standards are worth the risk

They're not

don't you want to die doing something you love?

bungee jumping is more expensive then going on a rollercoaster fucking retard

what a fucking stupid reply

As a track car it is worth the risk, as a DD you yould think about some upgrade.
Also if you crash at 200km/h or 125 mph the safety standards don´t matter ar all, you are dead anyway.

Why do that when I can drive every vehicle ever made and not die in the comfort of my home?

>you yould think about some upgrade

Yeah, it's called buying a new car that won't fucking kill you genius.

You think your average otist has or can afford the safety modifications of a track car? They don't.

The average Veeky Forumstist doesn´t care that much about safety.
If you drive fast enough, no car is safe.

>not feeling the suspension and drive train
>not hearing the rush of wind and mechanical music
>not feeling the adrenaline surge
>not shifting and drifting
>not laughing out loud with fear and hope

>If you drive fast enough, no car is safe.
>drive fast enough

New cars have speed limiters and the ones with excellent scores are safe in 99% of accidents up to those speeds

Do whatever you want. Want to race in simulation? Go ahead. Want the real thing? Go ahead. Its the american way.

>speed limiters
Yes, but they are usually at 250km/h.
If you crash at this speed, you wont survive in any vehicle.
If you want to have fun, you usually don´t drive slower than ~150 most of the time, wich gets you killed in pretty much any vehicle since the amount of energy increases by square relative to the speed.

>"You'll see at the bottom- you have a mandatory court date. You can call the city clerk with the # on the back to get all the details of wh-

>New cars have speed limiters

who would pay upwards of $25k & not be allowed to be fully in control of their own car at all times?

the term cuckmobile gets thrown around a lot, but it truly applies here.

only a complete brain dead cuck would knowingly buy a factory limited car.

>you wont survive in any vehicle.
That is just completely false. Look up high speed crash testing.
>he needs to go over 135 mph
>car probably takes a full minute to get there

no

Like this 2010s focus?
youtu.be/vFYHovJEUBg

Well, at 5 million, I'm sure you could put all that in a box that turns mechanically to simulate the g forces

>Ford
>safety

Cars, all of them, suck.

If want kinesthetic rush, motorcycles, even babby ones, take a steaming shit on automobiles.

Show me one car safe enough to survive a 200km/h or 125mph crash.

>Being a nigger and street racing
>Not going on a proper track

>having to lean wheels and entire chassis to get any decent amount of turning

rubbish

no one who makes less than $35,000 a year can afford to go on tracks

and that's basically all males under 35

Then I guess stick with simulations until you're not a poorfag.

can't argue with that, I always get a kick out of mx5 owners and what not talking about their connection to the road and all that. They've got no idea.

buy a kart then

yes you can you just think you can't so you haven't tried.

in a turn if a motorcycles tire completely loses traction

what happens?

Median income in the US is like 50K

35K a year is not poor

>comparing cars to bikes

yep, another post proving that bikers are the biggest fucking cunts

uninformed too
protip: because of the way physics and the way you have to shift to even have a resemblance of turning ability you actually get less forces on a bike

and due to less contact point with the road you can't feel the road as well as in the car, unless we are talking about cars set for comfort

just because your fucking face is so close to the road doesn't mean "you can feel it", faggot

normal track day here is about $600 after registration and not factoring in other bs

that's a whole month's rent

Your face is closer to the road in a car than it is on a bike

not when turning

it depends where you live
35k california (white areas) - Poverty
35k South Dakota or any other shithole plain states - Wealthy

depends on which tyre completely loses traction, you're either on your arse, or flying through the sky then on your arse.

All good fun mind you.

I didn't compare them, they're incomparable in the amounts of feedback you receive, motorcycle forks are essentially holding the front wheel in your hands, you feel every motion of the bike, it responds to your body weight, your natural instinctive movements, you cannot get anything close to that in a car.

My knee is actually touching the ground, I am literally connected to the road, so no, there is no comparison, lol.

>and due to less contact point with the road you can't feel the road as well as in the car

lol

post track/location

Why would this even matter when half the country makes less than 50K a year?

Do you know what median income means?

>All good fun mind you

Yeah, I'm gonna pass on that and just drive a car that immediately regains traction without me falling because I'm too dumb to afford 4 tires.

that's your prerogative but that's part of the equation that makes bikes fuck your brain up with dopamine. The ever present risk and the joy of balancing on the knife's edge.

Can't love the ups without the downs, to get the bigger ups you need the bigger downs.

see

>I didn't compare them, they're incomparable in the amounts of feedback you receive

have you ever driven a car without electric steering?

>motorcycle forks are essentially holding the front wheel in your hands, you feel every motion of the bike, it responds to your body weight, your natural instinctive movements, you cannot get anything close to that in a car.

>this whole muh feeling one with the bike nonsense

there is nothing natural in driving a bike
you bike faggots are worse than miatafags

>My knee is actually touching the ground, I am literally connected to the road, so no, there is no comparison, lol.

try that on a normal road
i hope your knee drops into a pothole

>part of the equation that makes bikes fuck your brain up with dopamine
Being too fucking retarded to use 4 tires for performance driving requires no equation

>balancing on the knife's edge
Or just buy something that has 4 tires. In what world do you think leaning an entire chassis and tires over their sidewall to barely getting any cornering force is good when you can just have 4 tires and have million times more stability and grip?

I'll do you one better, I've never driven a car with electric steering ever, most of my cars have been unassisted period. I've been driving cars since I was 12 years old starting with bush bashing in a paddy basher lol.

>try that on a normal road

already done, did it there first.

it's just not as fun, what can I say?

They are.
There's nothing like the feeling of having a roaring V8 beast only barely keeping traction as it launches forward.
Or going sideways as the same V8 beast loses traction.

A Mustang or F-body can be bought for $5000.

That's an early 2000's focus.
But that's to be expected. It's 124 mph against a solid barrier.
That car probably couldn't even go that fast.

>That car probably couldn't even go that fast.

why did I kek so hard at this, lmao

No risk. It's like fucking with a condom on

Having your mother on top is more risky than your shitbox m8

dirtbikes>cars>streetbikes in terms of fun
indisputable fact

bullshit, buy something that isn't a shitbox and you'll find plenty. Electric assisted steering hurting driving feel is only an issue if it's overdone. most sporty cars have fixed that

>Why not have a perfectly simulated, maintained, and driveable car 24/7?
because then you lose the whole "death" risk.

You know it is possible to remove the limiter. Or turn it off if it's computer controlled

>is only an issue

It is the issue- period

>completely missing the reference

it cant go that fast by itself, but it can have an impact with the same force by hitting a truck head on in the opposing lane

it is if you microwave it for a few secs beforehand

4/10 bait

>below 35k

>Bungee jump prices are $99 plus tax (= $107) for one person to jump once

sixflags.com/overgeorgia/store/tickets#dailytickets
>Daily tickets starting at just $45.99.

kys retard

How are you going to impress girls and do trainstation trips with a simulator?

buy the "impress girl 2014" "girlfriend experience 1.5" and "trainstation trip" simulator extension packs of course

>Bungee jumping here is only $30

>lying on the internet

post proof nerd

youtube.com/watch?v=NeaqnfBWRtc

at 5 million you'd just buy a real sports car, if you can drop 5 mil on a simulator youre rich enough to buy multiple sports cars.

I like wrenching more than driving

>what is centrifugal force

the bike wants to stand upright, it remains stable when you lean it over until well past 45 degrees.

the faster you go, the more stable you are.

Crying 'hurr durr less tyres'' just proves you have no idea what you're on about.

Seeing you have such an emotional response to all of this is rather funny desu.