I was gonna complain about my car being slow and a shitbox...

I was gonna complain about my car being slow and a shitbox, but then I realized I sold the slow shitbox recently and bought pic related. How does it feel to not be driving a literal funcar because you're falling for the "not falling for the meme"-meme?

P.S.: Got myself Michelin Pilot Supersports for Christmas.

Other urls found in this thread:

carthrottle.com/post/watch-a-standard-gt86-on-streetlegal-semislicks-go-around-the-ring-faster-than-a-993-porsche-911/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bread on hood fgt.

But any car can be a fun car user

It's boring though.

i'll most likely get one when i'm 25 and have cheaper insurance, AND if toronto gets rid of that stupid shark bumper

>tfw to intelligent too like fun things

>to intelligent too like
Nice may-may.

Hey Veeky Forums,
If cars or memes were to be deleted tomorrow (to never exist in history, but you remember them) which would you pick to be gone forever?

gtr vs corvette shit

>memes were to be deleted tomorrow
The BRZ/86 being slow meme.

thissssss

it is slow
the singular complaint that almost every journalist has about the car is that its slow
but its still a great car and its a lot of fun

Exactly this meme, I want it to be gone forever.

AW11 'snap oversteer'

>my screencapped post lives on
Glad you're sticking with it, you big faggot! Enjoy the PSS and be sure to report back.

>it's slow
Meme. Nobody said it would be fast. It just has great handling.

It's extremely comparable to a 240sx of the 90s.
>coupe
>relatively low HP (86 Twin has more)
>Japcrap
>entry level price

It's 4 am here, on Christmas, I'm drunk, and I have no bread at home. Gonna put the PSSs on after the winter, if I get caught with summer tires they take away my license. I read they are absolute overkill for this car, but you can never have too much grip, I'm not interested in hektic skidz or breaking speed records.

>get caught with summer tires they take away my license
What shithole do you live in where they do this?

>meme

Let's compare it to a McLaren F1 next, shall we?

>the turbo straight six is faster than the na flat four

Wow, really?

Germany.

Found the gt86/brshit/frs owners
BTFO.

It's not a meme of it's fact, it's just parroting.

Fact: the vehicle is slow
Opinion: comparing it to a 90's car is stupid, but goes to show that it doesn't compete in the modern market.

It's still Christmas Eve by me my friend, but only 9PM. But I'm also drunk right there with you.

If it's 4AM by you that makes it...western Germany? Guten Morgen!

My integra literally is a fun car tho

If someone offered me both clean and brand new, I would take the Integra every time.

Insanely better P:W ratio.

121k miles, b18c1, bone stock (^:

How'd you guess western Germany? CST could be a whole damn lot of states, I hope you're not a leaf.

Why do so many frs owners come here to try and justify their slowmobile?
If it were as amazing as they try to convince Veeky Forums it is, they would just be driving it instead without a care for "opinions", right?

KEK at pic

>why do car owners post on Veeky Forums

Lucky guess I suppose. It could've also been France or a Scandi I suppose but French posters tend to have worse grammar and Scandis have a distinctive posting style.
Nah I'm a Wisc/o/nsinite. But I've been to München, Berlin, and stayed a month in Würzburg.

Actually, it could've been Spain, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria and various assorted seastern European countries, but yeah, I guess German is the best bet. I wish Veeky Forums had flags.

Shows how much I know about timezones. Luckily for me I have a German who knows everything :^)

You upgraded to another slow shitbox!

At least it's fun for you though, which is all that really matters.

It's significantly faster than the old shitbox and a lot less of a shitbox. I used to take around 14 seconds from 0 to 60.

No, no, don't move goal posts. He specifically said why do GT86 owners post here so often in an effort to justify their cars instead of just driving and enjoying it.

See, people that enjoy their cars don't have to defend them. People that convince themselves to like their cars project their insecurities in the form of defensiveness.

Fair enough.
Erfreut du dich mit deinen neuen Auto.

How do you know they haven't just got back from hooning it and just want to make a 300 reply thread for the fun of it?

>sold slow shitbox
>bought 86/BRZ/FRS

If you don't like it, you don't need to follow the thread. There's really no need to read buyers remorse into the friendly bantz.

That's kind of the joke.

Refresh FRS front bumber is catfish/370z like.
Not much of a improvement, BRZ still has better front end.

I owned both. A bone stock 99 GSR and a FRS. The Integra was more comfortable and practical.

The FRS is way more engaging and serious.

Both are fantastic cars though.

>if I get caught with summer tires they take away my license
cuck car for a cuck state resident.

>Why do so many frs owners come here to try and justify their slowmobile?
If I had to take a wild guess, the 86 is realistically one of the only "sports cars" most Veeky Forumstists can afford. They are kind of fun to drive. I used to own a Celica and it reminds me of it.

i've been dd-ing one since almost 3 years, i've got no garage and the car sits outside all the time

Cons
- slippery as shit during freezing weather, no matter what tyres, and even at slow speeds DO NOT switch the traction control to sport
- sound deadning is horrible, started redoing the doors and trunk to eliminate this
- rust started to form at the exhaust bolts
- i would have preffered a larger trunk than 2 rear mostly unusable seats, though i have carried 4 multiple times

MPG is not issue, i'm getting like 11 liters/100km or 21mpg US mixed, highway regular speed is around 160-170kmh or 100mph.

Front end is chipped as hell, pic related

cont'd

right now something that is pissing me the fuck off is that breaks are screeching immensely, i thought that initially that i cooked them doing shit in empty parking lots but its not the case, i've got plenty of meat on them, but the rotors have oxidation on outer rim and its falls between the rotor and pads and makes a horrible noise. I'll probably look into eliminating this next fall during the anual service if i don't sell the car until then (right now i don't intend doing that).

Since i'm using it as a DD i'm not a stupid faggot to lower it or mount 19-20 inch rims to fuck the comfort level up. I still use 17" rims and started using 225/55 instead of the factory 215/45 tyres, and it a noticeably more comfortable. The only 'mod' was using a K&N air filter which i highly recommend.

>but the rotors have oxidation on outer rim and its falls between the rotor and pads and makes a horrible noise
highly doubt that m8

I have the same squeaky brakes and oxidized rotors (kinda rust colored), I dont know if they are related, only squeaks at low speeds, or atleast thats when i notice it.

>implying that's bad
that's fucking genius, I wish we had that here, so I wouldn't have to be scared about soccer moms bombing into me every day

Same here, if you arent using the correct tires for the conditions you lose your drivers license, even if it snows in july or whatever youre required to change your tires before you drive.

Those tires will absolutely kill the handling and feel of the car. They will make it feel (even) slower and be too grippy for the suspension. Even at 300hp they would be too much.
You buy a car whose one redeeming quality is it's handling and ability to kick the back out at 30 mph and the first thing you do is take that away?

3 years old and falling apart.
Look at the paint on this one, looks like a 25 year old car You guys are living the meme.

the stock build is for having a slow car that can kick out the rear end at legal speeds.

If you want to turn it to a honest to god track monster you can do it.

gt86 is a flexible platform from which you can sculpt your own car.

he has a toyota 86
other one is netherlands.
Do you even understand what that means?
Your darling mustang/challenger or whatever shit would have had to sold for scrap by now in these conditions.

Sorry didn't know the Netherlands had such harsh conditions. Is it in the Middle East somewhere with like sand storms and 120 degree baking sun and stuff? The "nether"lands. Sounds rough desu.

my car is unwashed in that picture, covered in salt spray from wet winter roads. the paint looks decent when washed.

>typical commiefornian shitposter
You do understand it's not just snow? It's snow gravel, shitload of salt, chunks of ice and sand.
Every time you drive in it you get home and your car is covered with a thick layer of sandpaper like mud and soot.

Every time I go head to head with someone on a snowy track, the car in the rear gets hit constantly with flying debris, ice, sand and shit.

I bought it with the Prius tires on it and it was useless in the rain. The rear stepped out if I wanted or not. It's fun for a while, but being unable to corner at speed is retarded. I'm fairly confident I can kick any street tires loose with this car. You'll have to explain how adding grippy rubber to the ridiculously good mechanical grip could be detrimental to handling.

When I had my prius I used to spin the tires all the time in the rain. Even with that shitty 110hp those tires spin hard from a stop

My lams approved motorcycle is 3 seconds faster than your car is from 0-100km/h.

N E E D S
P O W E R
O
W
E
R

I've spun them shifting into 4th in damp conditions.

Du darfst auch im Winter mit Sommerrreifen fahren, solange kein Schnee liegt.

Dumb people who think they're too smart are the worst.

an american car wouldn't last on winter here.

this is a car thats been through 4 winters in the arctic circle now. with the roads covered in salt half of the year.

been doing any mad skids down there lately?

Ich weiß, aber ich fahr öfters durch den Schwarzwald, und da lag die letzten Male Schnee.

Dann willst du mit einem Hecktriebler auch keine Sommerrreifen drauf haben...
>inb4 muh dorifto
Die nächste Steigung wäre fatal...

the pricepoint at $37 k is unjustifiable

the car is completely stock AND has low power output

at the same price jsut a get a STI

>the pricepoint at $37 k is unjustifiable

absolutely. which is why it costs a lot less than that.

>$37 k

what

In germany it is 29.990€

No snow yet down here, just icy roads getting salted, but done some skids on the wet roads around my work

but knowing my luck ill probably drift right past a cop and become a busrider and lose my job :(

salt and snow erryday

is it common in your area to be forced to buy new cars because everything eventually rusts? man that sucks

yes, as is a golf GTI. 370z is 37k euro.

nah you'll be fine. I live in literal bandit territory though, so no cops here AT ALL. never driven past a control ever in my 8 years of having a license, and you never see any cops on the road either.

only if you buy american, which is why american cars are practically nonexistent here. everything else will hold up nicely if you wash it off every now and then.

are you sure that's not just a consumer perception?

these days, ive noticed that the brand matters much less than the previous owner of the car.

>salesmen jacking up price for the badge on a car
>bro this old civic is DEFINITELY worth 15K. HONDA R E L I A B I L I T Y

I really feel like american auto has caught up to import in many ways, models like the chevy malibu, ford fusion, buick la crosse, some cadillacs (too bad theyre ugly) really give imports a run for their money.

The 370 Z is a entirely different car...

last american car my family had was a cadillac CTS. one winter and it was pretty much done for.

my moms anti-american sentiment was born from extremely bad experiences with american cars back in the day as well.

>mom look at the new focus its made in belgiu-
>FUCK YOU

its to give an idea of the prices. although its surprisingly much cheaper than it is up here.

in europe we make more money, and our cars are more expensive. 30k euro for an entry level sports car is exactly what these cars have always cost.

Not him, but burger cars got better in the last 15 years.
The problem is, most of them still can´t handle full speed for a extended period of time and need a high amount of fuel.
Also their specific output is usually low, wich gives you tax disatvantages.
If you now say something about 1.0 L ecoboost, these engines where developed in Köln, germany.
Also burger cars are more expensive here than in burgerland and european cars are cheaper here than in burgerland..

>up here
Do you mean in burgerland or a european country?
Veeky Forums realy needs flags

festnung norwegen

>Veeky Forums realy needs flags

it really does

How about writing your country in the name box?
It may not be a flag, but it is better than nothing.

although remembering the last time I went to /int/, im starting to have doubts

>/int/
I litteraly never go there.

But here we need it since what is true in one country may be wrong in another and nobody knows wich country you are talking about.

>>/int/
>I litteraly never go there.
Checks out

honestly, at this point i'd rather buy ND miata
at least it has way better gearing and it's lighter so it doesn't feel so slow

I think my car is pretty fun

The 4.11s make it pretty hektik

FR-S is 25k, turbo Supra was 60k adjusting for inflation.

yeah, slow speed as well, but its pissing me off

considering the conditions i doubt a piece of shit mustang would fair any better. Some slight interior rattle in below freezing temps during start, but after the interior heats up nothing rattles.

fuck off kid, adults are talking

so you sold a slow car to buy a slow car ?

i dont get it

>yeah, slow speed as well, but its pissing me off

went back and forth from my dealer complaining about brake squeal for a few weeks.

first they changed the brake pads, did nothing.

then they added brake shims which the car didn't have for some reason. now no more squealing.

See

Hooray for you, new car smell is the best. Merry Christmas.
It might not be a shitbox, but it's still slow, and the clutches are way too soft.
Force induction pronto

so slow

carthrottle.com/post/watch-a-standard-gt86-on-streetlegal-semislicks-go-around-the-ring-faster-than-a-993-porsche-911/

its shit user